ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he mail the hands? Wouldn't the fingers/fingerprints be the best identification possible?

I doubt that Eric was thinking that far ahead. He most likely thought that the hands and feet on different ends of the country wouldn't be connected to each other and that none of the parts would be connected to a missing Concordia student. He's not that bright ... so I'm of the opinion that he thought he had it all figured out; that he wouldn't get caught, or that he was too clever for everyone else.

Didn't he mail the hands? Wouldn't the fingers/fingerprints be the best identification possible?

Precisely, not to mention DNA. I really don't think LRM was thinking anything through here. I know it's an unpopular theory to suggest he was insane, but honestly, only someone two matchsticks short of a full box could have executed this crime in the manner in which he did and NOT expect to get caught.

I doubt that Eric was thinking that far ahead. He most likely thought that the hands and feet on different ends of the country wouldn't be connected to each other and that none of the parts would be connected to a missing Concordia student. He's not that bright ... so I'm of the opinion that he thought he had it all figured out; that he wouldn't get caught, or that he was too clever for everyone else.

:waitasec:

One set was sent to Ottawa and another set to Vancouver. Hand and foot in Ottawa. Hand and foot in Vancouver. I don't understand your post.

This was pre planned Video, mailing, online presence, etc.

I agree that he's not all there, but IMO he's not criminally insane. The bar for that is set very high and its doubtful if Luka reaches it.

Hello my friends :)

I was setting up my own little timeline, can someone help me fill in the gaps, please? I was looking also looking at your timeline thread, but I am not sure about several things:

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 26 th, 27th, 28th, or 29th?

- When did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?

- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).

- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th?

Please help me, because I dont know which MSM is trustworthy and which is not.

Doing this timeline, I realised there are still gaps about his whereabouts and actually LM was doing pretty well with the hiding, considering that his photos were all over the media. And I am sure that he enjoyed hearing all the news about the body parts showing up while he was in France.

I still dont know why I am so interested in this case (after all, this is something that happened in Canada, many thousand miles away!)But. Since I didnt have any nightmares at all, I suppose its okay.. I also see that I am learning alot with this case, about psychology and crime and law.. and hey, finally I know where exactly Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa are located ;)

Thank you for your help, websleuths!
:seeya:

Precisely, not to mention DNA. I really don't think LRM was thinking anything through here. I know it's an unpopular theory to suggest he was insane, but honestly, only someone two matchsticks short of a full box could have executed this crime in the manner in which he did and NOT expect to get caught.

He would have eventually gotten caught but if we believe that the internet café owner was a news junky then he/we got lucky in a sense. Have to wonder what would have happened if the owner didn't follow the news. Would he have just blended in with the crowd? Would he have gone back to Paris or somewhere else? Returned to Canada? :what:

Most criminals who get caught it's because of a stupid mistake. This is one of those cases.:moo:

Hi everyone,

GRAPHIC!!!!!!

Maybe this is already posted, but there is something really weird in the video.
LM stabs JL about 90 times with the icepick, but when he zooms in to the body, there are only about 6 stabwounds. Anyone else noticed that?
And it looks like the pubic hair has been shaved off, according to the stillphoto at the end. But it really looks like the hair is still there in the video.

And first there are wounds on the arm, later they have dissapeared.

Am i wrong?

EDIT: please let someone tell me I am wrong.....but watching the video and the still photo's at the end I noticed something else. The stabwounds in the belly (video) compared to the photo are different......The photo is taken after 1 one leg is cut off, no pubic hair. The video shows a complete body. With (to my believe) pubic hair.The wounds don't match. The body on the photo looks thinner. I hope you understand what I am trying to say, because my English sucks at the moment.
Can please someone with a strong stomic tell me I am wrong? Otherwise I am going to believe there are 2 bodys mutilated by LM.

still catching up but i point this out yesterday..

watch the beggining of the video in slow motiong, after LM climbs off of him, he picks up the camera to give us a view of JL, in this sequence the camera moves over his area. you can see it is shavin, and the penis is either erect, or just laying up on his belly, casting a shadow from the lighting conitions

very true, but did anyone else notice the irony:

...& yet this artcile STILL referred to JL as the 'ex-boyfriend'. :maddening:

I didn't notice that.

As for the ex boyfriend, I think most are referring to JL as an ex lover/boyfriend because the Police had confirmed they knew each other so I guess that's where speculation started because of the sexual nature of the video (??) before the murder.

:waitasec:

One set was sent to Ottawa and another set to Vancouver. Hand and foot in Ottawa. Hand and foot in Vancouver. I don't understand your post.

This was pre planned Video, mailing, online presence, etc.

I'm saying that he probably thought that the hands and feet sent to opposite ends of the country would not be connected to each other ... that police would be standing around scratching their heads thinking that there were two evil people doing the same thing ... and that none of it was connected to a missing Concordia student. We have to remember that if everything had gone according to plan, the torso would not have been found. The head has not been found, so that part probably did go according to plan.

I am gone for a few hours, but i will be back. Will someone please take a look at what I wrote?

I have not finished reading through.....and can't watch the video. But I know others up here have questioned if it is more that one body. Scary thought! I hope LE is on it.

P.S. your English is great.

Exactly! It is sad. Thats why I always write out Lin Jun and for the killer only LM.
I would love to see the candlelight remembering- it will be very beautiful I am sure. Do you think that the media will be there, so I can also have a look?

Yes I'm sure they will have pictures or video tomorrow. It won't be live stream, I don't think.

Hello my friends :)

I was setting up my own little timeline, can someone help me fill in the gaps, please? I was looking also looking at your timeline thread, but I am not sure about several things:

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 26 th, 27th, 28th, or 29th?

- When did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?

- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).

- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th?

Please help me, because I dont know which MSM is trustworthy and which is not.

Doing this timeline, I realised there are still gaps about his whereabouts and actually LM was doing pretty well with the hiding, considering that his photos were all over the media. And I am sure that he enjoyed hearing all the news about the body parts showing up while he was in France.

I still dont know why I am so interested in this case (after all, this is something that happened in Canada, many thousand miles away!)But. Since I didnt have any nightmares at all, I suppose its okay.. I also see that I am learning alot with this case, about psychology and crime and law.. and hey, finally I know where exactly Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa are located ;)

Thank you for your help, websleuths!
:seeya:

His flight left at 11:35 PM May 26 and he arrived in Paris shortly after noon on May 27 ... so the night of the 26th he was on the plane.

Stupid question alert - it wouldn't be completely literal and obvious would it? Meaning, has he actually sent the head to someone in Casablanca, Morocco? How long would it take a parcel to get from Canada to Morocco, I wonder, and could it possibly escape detection if it was sent through the post?

Yeah I wondered about morocco too...wonder how long it would take a post to get from Montreal to morocco.

I just watched an interesting debate called "An Appetite for Crime" on The Agenda, TV Ontario. The Magnotta killvid is discussed and why people are drawn to it. I watched it on the TVO site, but in case it's not available outside Canada, here it is on the Youtube channel:

An Appetite for Crime - YouTube

For those like me who wondered why they selected that statue as Jun Lin's makeshift memorial:

A small shrine was set up after his death near Concordia by the statue of Norman Bethune, a Canadian surgeon who became a Chinese hero because of his work in their country. Other messages of sympathy have been posted in the convenience store where Lin worked

More about the memorial at the link.....

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/260807/vigil-announced-for-slain-chinese-student/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member