ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my b.s. meter is also on alert because of the nice little intro to the lawyer's story - walking down the street in the frigid cold, pulling off a glove, switching the phone to his other ear - blah, blah, blah

wouldn't most people just say "he called me while I was walking to my office" or simply "he called me and later came into the office"

btw, he must've called him very early as he had enough time to meet him after the phonecall, then go out & turn some tricks & be back at the lawyer's office with $300 all before noon on the same day

oh, and this little gem:

It was quite a story. And it seemed to be based enough in fact to compel the longtime criminal defense attorney to believe the man on the phone was telling the truth.

now, how on earth would the lawyer know from a presumably short phonecall from a random stranger that the story seemed to be based in fact?

(or did he research Luka & the animal activists as soon as he got to the office? things that make me go hmm ...)

ok so now these 15-16 year old students are circulating a petition to get their suspended ( with pay ) teacher back at the school claiming he did nothing wrong.

I don't know about any of you but my first thought when I read about this is where in the heck are the parents? Is the world gone mad?

http://www.globalnational.com/6442660231/story.html

The last report I saw on TV was that he was suspended without pay. But, students voting whether they want to see the video or not???? When was school a democracy? Maybe next they'll vote on whether they should do homework or not. Yeah, the teacher was clearly out of line.

Apparently the police said that he had met the first guy on the internet before he came over to France, the guy was expecting him, stayed with him for a few days and then left, the French guy called the police the day LM left as he saw his face all over the news.
Second guy he met in a bar, LM came in first, ordered a coke, and the big guy came in and walked over to him, the bar owner said it seemed they knew each other very well, they then hung out for a bit, and before the two of them left together, they tried to pick up two guys that were also in the bar.

I've heard that JL had a friend that was in France at the time, wondering if one of the men was this friend "maddy"?
Just a thought.

As you seem to know quite a bit about his stay in France, I would like to post the questions I posted yesterday one more time. If you or anyone else know some answers, please respond, because I hate those gaps in my timeline.

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 27th, 28th, or 29th?
- When exactly did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?
- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).
- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th? German news were stating he stayed with a friend (again!) who lived in the same street as the Internet cafe is. Anyone know more about this friend?

The fact that he stayed overnight with a friend in France and also in Germany is suspicious to me. I dont know about the French people, but Germans in general sure pay very close attention to strangers and would not just let some random stranger stay overnight, especially not if he is not from Germany. :moo:

And again about the "abuse photo" of LM... Is there someone in this forum who is very adept with the use of photoshop who could tell me some reasons why this picture cannot be real?
As I said before, I have never used photoshop, I just would like to know why it seems to be crystal clear for everyone here that the picture was edited.

I'm still not so sure about the lawyer story, but if true, the lawyer is most likely certain he can't be charged with any wrong doing before speaking up. In fact, he is not representing LM any longer (even if all he did was advise), is not his attorney, and did not incriminate LM in any way. It all just sounded so bungled to me.

It would seem to me that any lawyer would advise LM to get proof about the kidnapping and abuse, then file charges for kidnapping and several forms of assault. In addition, the lawyer would advise to print any perceived threats from kitten group, and to take out charges about internet threats and restraining order or cease and desist, some sort of charges, to stop any threats of harm.

If LM did talk with this lawyer, and those emails are real and not made up by some magazine or weirdos, then this lawyer did not seem very bright in not stating he advised LM how to protect himself or not further incriminate himself. We all know if it happened, all that LM said is bunk to cover his gigantic trail of evidence. The lawyer would have no way of knowing that, unless he was getting paid big bucks to research his own client for a very publicized trial. Then the lawyer would figure out a good bit of the bunk. No lawyer has time to chase down all the internet activity that LM left behind just out of curiosity.

The last report I saw on TV was that he was suspended without pay. But, students voting whether they want to see the video or not???? When was school a democracy? Maybe next they'll vote on whether they should do homework or not. Yeah, the teacher was clearly out of line.

Voting is pointless anyway since NO ONE except police
should be watching that video let alone teens who are still developing
what gets them going sexually.

Of course the vote was unanimous no one
Wanted to be the one considered too chicken
To watch.

I don't have the links but do recall that LM has posts on the internet whereby he is seeking S&M treatment from another. In his posts he describes wanting to be raped, roughed up and even forced to eat feces. So when I read these messages about "Manny" or the rapes in Miami, I can't help but believe he was trying to come up with some alibi for the animal killings. Maybe he found guys through his posts and Craigslists postings who were into this sort of thing...only to afterwards try to create "evidence" and a paper trail that he's been raped or brutalized by some guy or this supposed "Manny". And why doesn't he have Manny's last name or a photo? Or even Manny's home address, email or phone? If there was a "Manny", LM could have easily got some DNA of this guy with all the rapes and fece eating he claims to have suffered...heck even saving a glass the guy drank from would leave DNA. This guy took photos constantly and was tech savvy. He could have easily gotten a photo as well. IMO his Manny claims are just BS and like the hospital, I don't by it.

I completely agree. "Manny" and everything entailed is pure fabrication, IMO. To get off the hook, to cover his tracks, to divert attention, to confuse, to create sympathy.
Of course, IMO only.

The fact that he stayed overnight with a friend in France and also in Germany is suspicious to me. I dont know about the French people, but Germans in general sure pay very close attention to strangers and would not just let some random stranger stay overnight, especially not if he is not from Germany. :moo:

.....that does not seem strange to me at all...Berlin is an extremely liberal place and there are so many alternative lifestyles,I'm from Frankfurt and even I know lots of people who would let strangers spend the night :blushing:...

As you seem to know quite a bit about his stay in France, I would like to post the questions I posted yesterday one more time. If you or anyone else know some answers, please respond, because I hate those gaps in my timeline.

- LM stayed at a friends house for 2 nights in the Clichy-la-Garenne district in Paris. Which nights exactly? May 27th, 28th, or 29th?
- When exactly did he stay in the hotel, in which the police found his belongings?
- When exactly did he have that drink at Le Petit Batignolles? I found different dates in the media (May 30th or 31st or June 1st).
- On Friday night, June 1st, he took the bus to Berlin. What did he do on June 2nd and 3rd until he got arrested on June 4th? German news were stating he stayed with a friend (again!) who lived in the same street as the Internet cafe is. Anyone know more about this friend?

And again about the "abuse photo" of LM... Is there someone in this forum who is very adept with the use of photoshop who could tell me some reasons why this picture cannot be real?
As I said before, I have never used photoshop, I just would like to know why it seems to be crystal clear for everyone here that the picture was edited.

Re. the "abuse" photo: Give me a bit of makeup (olive, green, brown, black, dark red), a dab of vaseline or two, a lip pencil, a makeup sponge, greasy wig, harsh lighting, a few touch-ups in Photoshop, and I could easily and convincingly look the same, or even much worse. I would bet LM had a plethora of makeup available. Plus abusive, high-paying johns if he needed some swelling in select spots. He seems to have no swelling anywhere, though. Inconveniently so.

I am not buying it. At all.
IMO, of course!

.....that does not seem strange to me at all...Berlin is an extremely liberal place and there are so many alternative lifestyles,I'm from Frankfurt and even I know lots of people who would let strangers spend the night :blushing:...

Thanks! Well, I apologise then. I was generalising to much, based on my experience "mit den Deutschen". :)
I was referring to Germans in general, but of course, you will find responsible and irresponsible people in every nation.

BTW my sister has been living in Frankfurt for more than 20 years now (if you are talking about Frankfurt am Main). Nice city!

1. The report about Manny, much of it sounds very childish, almost literally like a child speaking "he made me do things". He is probably an amalgam of many people though no doubt he had adult relationships where he was abused what prostitute hasn't? There is an interesting spectral quality to Manny though and those suggesting mental illness involving hallucinations (psychosis) might have some evidence with Manny.
2. I firmly believe he has a network and was met in Europe. Yes the missing days need to be accounted for. I suspect he was followed by the police from Paris and the cafe story isn't accurate. The cafe story fits what we were told to expect from him. In fact his whole trajectory in the last ten years needs to be filled in pretty carefully unless police decide that this really was his only crime which I doubt.
3. I would like to know where he was living in the fall of 2009 say from August to December does anyone know?

I think all of Luka's blogs,postings etc sound extremely childish,I have no doubt he made up the Manny report.I'm also sure there was some sort of abuse in his life but I 'm positive "Manny" is fabricated.He's like Casey's zanny....
The picture looks real to me but like another poster said it could have happened anywhere and by anyone....

I think all of Luka's blogs,postings etc sound extremely childish,I have no doubt he made up the Manny report.I'm also sure there was some sort of abuse in his life but I 'm positive "Manny" is fabricated.He's like Casey's zanny....
The picture looks real to me but like another poster said it could have happened anywhere and by anyone....

The picture looks real to me as well, although no doubt he doctored it up to be even more dramatic. What drew my attention was the mark on his neck that does look like a welt.

respectfully snipped

3. I would like to know where he was living in the fall of 2009 say from August to December does anyone know?

From memory, LRM was posting on blogs etc that he was in LA, but was caught out with the animal rights people who 'exif'ed a pic he uploaded - he was in Toronto.

(I've been reading the Mariam thread - she was seen with a young man in his 20s, both speaking russian, LRM lived very close to Forest Hills, backpack dumped heading east - which is the way to LRM's area)
I can't help thinking :moo:

Ok,, sorry everyone, I know I'm a pain with all my posts, maybe just newbie rush :)
I was checking on the lawyer that put the private emails LM sent him in the press and one of the pages on his website says "It is the policy of the firm, moreover, that the initial consultation and case assessment is free."
If he only met LM once, then why did he ask for $300 unless he was hired to do something else for him..? Unless I'm missing something?

http://www.romeosaltalaw.com/index.html

free consultation does not retain the lawyer ... the $300 was to actually hire the lawyer ... LM instructed the lawyer to contact his mother if he was arrested. Seems Luka could feel the walls closing in and wanted to retain legal help.

to the other poster who thought it was unlikely LM could have contacted the lawyer, met him, went out and turned a few tricks and returned to give him the money at noon? ... this is all possible in a city like Manhattan.

From memory, LRM was posting on blogs etc that he was in LA, but was caught out with the animal rights people who 'exif'ed a pic he uploaded - he was in Toronto.

(I've been reading the Mariam thread - she was seen with a young man in his 20s, both speaking russian, LRM lived very close to Forest Hills, backpack dumped heading east - which is the way to LRM's area)
I can't help thinking :moo:

I live in Toronto and am very familiar with the Mariam missing person case you mention ... Mariam committed suicide by leaping from a bridge ... she was found in an area that is wooded and would not of been easy to access during the search for her. Sadly her body had been there for 2 years before it was found.

Her father is in prison for 2 separate stabbing incidents that he was convicted of during the time his daughter was missing.

FWIW ... I never read any of the Mariam thread as this case is closed and her sad demise has been explained IMO

I live in Toronto and am very familiar with the Mariam missing person case you mention ... Mariam committed suicide by leaping from a bridge ... she was found in an area that is wooded and would not of been easy to access during the search for her. Sadly her body had been there for 2 years before it was found.

Her father is in prison for 2 separate stabbing incidents that he was convicted of during the time his daughter was missing.

FWIW ... I never read any of the Mariam thread as this case is closed and her sad demise has been explained IMO
I haven't finished the thread, only up to the end of October 09 so far.

:( So sad.

Luka Magnotta: How not to Disappear

"Magnotta’s flight to Europe from Montreal on May 26 showed more impulse (if not panic) than planning, Ahearn said. “I don’t think he had much of an escape idea in his head,” Ahearn said. “I think (if) he did the crime … (he) thought, ‘Oh ****, I better get out of Canada.’ I also don’t think he thought the crime would become a worldwide piece of news and Interpol would become involved as well.”

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/13/luka-magnotta-how-not-to-disappear/

The police will have the information as to when LM bought his ticket for Paris. If he bought his ticket before the murder, well that just about confirms that he knew exactly what the heck he was doing and it was NOT impulse. If he purchased that ticket before May 23rd, yeppers, done like toast I say :-)

The picture looks real to me as well, although no doubt he doctored it up to be even more dramatic. What drew my attention was the mark on his neck that does look like a welt.

The lawyer stated he saw Luka's face in person when Luka was sitting in his office.

I'm going with real.

Full disclosure, I was so alarmed when I found the emails on SCRIBD, hours before the article was even published, that I phone Mr Salta to ask if he knew those emails had been posted on a journalist's SCRIBD account. I thought an employee had breached trust and posted them. Mr Salta asked me where I'd seen them, and when I told him, he replied they were for a Business Insider article. He was surprised I'd found them so rapidly but I explained I was researching for an article and was doing detailed searches every few hours.

He explained that he that he released them to present another side of Luka and when I brought up attorney/client privilege, he said Luka never retained his services after the initial consultation.

It still seems wrong to me but I'm sure, as a lawyer, that Mr Salta dotted all his i's and crossed his t's.

I don't think Luka made Manny up. Luka opened himself up to that kind of horrific abuse by advertising, many times, and on the sleaziest websites, that he was into all of that. Maybe it went too far even for him?

Additionally, there's allegedly another set of hands in the Python video and they're not Magnotta's whose hands were effeminate and cared for. I saw a photo-still where there were clearly 3 hands but I don't have the stomach to look at that video even after a decade of documenting war atrocities.

The vacuum cleaner video was horrific. The murder video was traumatic. I refuse to watch the drowning and the python video.

I think there are a lot of unanswered questions like how did a 65 kg young man, who was squeamish at the sight of a little blood in a hickey, methodically and savagely dismember a larger man, drag him to the bathtub, drain/wash him off, and get him back on the bed all while filming it?

I think that photo is real too.

If LM was truly afraid of this supposed "Manny" there are others out there who would know who "Manny" is. Why would he not have given this lawyer full name to this individual? Nope, sorry, don't buy any of his story. Was he beat-up. Probably in a bar brawl or a rough client or he tried to perhaps steal something which apparently he had done in the past. He also said in the list that he was being abused physically while talking to his mother on the phone and yet we have been told that he has not contacted the family for many years. So who is lying here?

Hello,

here's what I've read:

-LM arrived in Paris on the 27th (sunday), he alledgedly knocked at a woman's door on this same evening because he wanted to join a party at her place (looking for a place where he could grab some sleep and/or something to eat for free?)
-he spent two nights with a guy in Clichy-la-Garenne at the beginning of the following week (monday and tuesday I guess)
-he was in the Batignolles area on wednesday and was seen at Le Petit Batignolles that night. He spent at least one night (wednesday night) in a nearby hotel (Hotel des Batignolles)
-he also spent at least one night in a hotel in Bagnolet (east of Paris). The article linked below reads friday night but he left for Germany that night so I guess it was thursday night.

Link (in french): http://www.europe1.fr/France/Ce-que-l-on-sait-sur-le-depeceur-1112081/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?