ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto ... you know otherwise from the Rafferty trial. The lawyer can make "suggestions" to possibly create reasonable doubt, but does not have to produce a shred of evidence to substantiate those suggestions.

On the second point, it is also possible that the investigate will find that the video was recorded by webcam.

Geez, Rafferty's lawyer sounds like Casey Anthony's lawyer Jose Baez.....put in a little fiction to create reasonable doubt. Grrrrr.

Would it matter if it was done with a webcam or video? It may have been webcam, because that dwould require less equipment. And it seems Luka was broke. Happy to read there is video of him carrying out garbage bags. Proof is adding up.

I was wondering the same thing as wangtangkiki...I'm having a hard time with this info. I agree his tears were probably for himself, though I'm not sure that it was about the jig being up soon. Shouldn't he have been riding a high? He was making his great escape! I struggle with him feeling sick to his stomach. There's no way this guy feels remorse. Right?!

I'm still catching up but wanted to address this before my sleeping pill kicks in and I'm rendered unable to communicate effectively :notgood: When I first read about him crying on the flight I was perplexed and googled "do narcissists cry" (too much time on my hands these days, it seems) and came across this article:

http://samvak.tripod.com/journal17.html

"Some narcissists even cry - but they cry exclusively for themselves and for their lost paradise. And they do so conspicuously and publicly - to attract attention."

Unsure how reliable the author is, but it seems fitting.

I personally feel like he took the barf bags because he knew he would be throwing up (via withdrawal), and had to travel once he got off of the plane(s). There's no way in hades, IMO, he would have alerted anyone to that action (out of sheer arrogance plus/minus being remembered for that).

I think he took to use as a movie prop.

According to the translation that was posted here, yes, s/he did, and id'd him from the airport security photos

I could be wrong, but i'm having vibes about the authenticity of blogger misterb's claims.

What are the chances that LRM, such a flamboyant 29 y.o. gay guy who didn't appear to be such going through security at the airport, would be seated right next to such a flamboyant 24 y.o. gay guy. :waitasec:

Rather than a blog, i'd prefer to see this info coming out in MSM.

According to the translation that was posted here, yes, s/he did, and id'd him from the airport security photos

Thanks ... is there a link to the blog or a news report about this event?

Where did this information about Eric Newman on the plane from Montreal to Paris come from ... and did this particular blogger post on the blog that it was a flight from Montreal to Paris prior to police confirming this flight information yesterday?

I am not sure if this is remotely relevant, given that the suspect has been apprehended, but I think I may have been in contact with Magnotta on this board a couple of days ago. I am a freelance writer (not affiliated with any media outlet), and was tracking the story for possible publication. A combination of clues, handles, writing patterns, and most importantly--your help and hard work--led me here. If a moderator would like to send me a private message, I'd be more than happy to pass along the information. It may turn out to be nothing, but then again, who knows? Any and all details might prove important in helping the Crown formulate its case.

me too. very odd.

Greenspon said defence lawyers are likely to have Magnotta examined by a forensic psychiatrist. The Crown will be entitled to do the same thing.

“They’ll look at his behaviour — look at all of his behaviour,” he said. “They’ll try to go back to the time when the alleged murder took place and see if, based on the behaviour leading up to that and since, a psychiatrist could conclude he was suffering from a mental disorder.”

Psychiatrists could be faced with some difficult contradictions in the Magnotta case. The nature of the alleged crime is so horrific that it offers some evidence of mental illness, but Magnotta’s deliberate escape from Montreal also suggests he appreciated the consequences of those actions.

In 2009, computer software engineer Vince Li was found not criminally responsible for beheading a man on a Greyhound bus near Portage la Prairie, Man. A psychiatrist testified that Li suffered from undiagnosed schizophrenia at the time and believed that God was telling him to execute Tim McLean to save the Earth from aliens

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/M...eenspon+says/6728966/story.html#ixzz1wxT1mdLf

IMO, the vast difference between Vince Li and LRM is that VL did not premeditate, nor did he display any consciousness of guilt like LRM did when he left the country and tried to cover his tracks.

Eric Newman sure is getting all the attention he wanted with so many people looking into all his aliases and internet postings ... it seems that a lot of people want to have a connection to him.

This is a new video by that user who has reuploaded the video's. It's quite interesting actually because he is reading emails from sock puppets Luka Magnotta sent them 3 or 4 years ago. Listen to the emails carefully:

Old emails from killer Luka Magnotta - YouTube

Now all the new sock puppets LM has created whilst on the run, the Luka fans, we love luka etc (namely HollywoodLoveLetters) and they really do seem like LM.

For example from the vid Hollywoodloveletters uploaded, match that with the emails the user above had been sent 3 or 4 years ago:

You haters don't understand. Luka reflects your hate if you hate. Luka is a mirror. You see in him what you are yourself. I see him as brave, beautiful and bold. I am in love with him. We both worked as male esorts and in adult films. We both got abused by our moms. He has strength that I do not but I want to be strong and sexy like Luka. I love him. He is so free and has the strength to live in the darkness and the light. He's a millionaire and travles the world. He's probably sitting in a cafe sipping his drink with beautiful men and laughing at you right now. You're not even worth his time. You don't have any evidence anyway. <snip>

Hope this makes sense

I would take what he says with a grain of salt, personally. He does not show these apparent emails. He is popping up now, in the frenzy of things, to share what he has (instead of going to authorities with this information). It is possible he is looking for attention and self promotion, himself. Not making accusations, just pointing out a possibility. We need to be careful with people's word on the internet when the word can not be verified.

Although... cupcakes with pink sprinkles? How random! :woohoo:

I could be wrong, but i'm having vibes about the authenticity of blogger misterb's claims.

What are the chances that LRM, such a flamboyant 29 y.o. gay guy who didn't appear to be such going through security at the airport, would be seated right next to such a flamboyant 24 y.o. gay guy. :waitasec:

Rather than a blog, i'd prefer to see this info coming out in MSM.

The blogger included a photo of his plane ticket/itinerary on the blog that shows the flight left Montreal at 2325 hrs May 26.
There's an issue with posting a link as the name includes a word that will be **** by WS policy. If you google "Blog MisterB**ch" it will come up and you can choose the google translate version (btw, the translation is a little wonky, but you can get the general idea). He did contact the police after the Interpol red alert went out.

Geez, Rafferty's lawyer sounds like Casey Anthony's lawyer Jose Baez.....put in a little fiction to create reasonable doubt. Grrrrr.

Would it matter if it was done with a webcam or video? It may have been webcam, because that dwould require less equipment. And it seems Luka was broke. Happy to read there is video of him carrying out garbage bags. Proof is adding up.
<bbm>

Re webcam vs video? I may have misinterpreted Otto's post ... i thought Otto was insinuating that possibly a third person was at the crime scene holding a video camera, so i responded that it may have just been a webcam (i.e. not requiring anyone else in the room).

Pay me no never mind ;) ... i'm brain dead after all these cases lately.

I would take what he says with a grain of salt, personally. He does not show these apparent emails. He is popping up now, in the frenzy of things, to share what he has (instead of going to authorities with this information). It is possible he is looking for attention and self promotion, himself. Not making accusations, just pointing out a possibility. We need to be careful with people's word on the internet when the word can not be verified.

Although... cupcakes with pink sprinkles? How random! :woohoo:

I disagree. 3 or 4 years ago LM was all over youtube wanting to get family guy banned. This is a youtube user who was "fighting" with him at the time. He created 100's of accounts back then (you can see this from the comments on their video's), and writing in the same style as he has done with his recent sock puppet accounts. For example "Luka is the Prince of Canada."

Michael Rafferty's lawyer did not introduce fiction during the trial. He cross examined witnesses, but he did not fabricate information and present it to the jury as fact.

Seems to be from 2009-2010 and honestly, how SICK is this???

Trying to sell t-shirts of himself. Before the kitten killings? I wonder if he thought all his lies on the web and creating fake personas were going to get him famous. And it wasn't working so he decided that killing animals might work. It stirred up a bit of attention. But maybe it wasn't enough....so he decided to go on to killing people. Infamy.

I also think turning 30 was stressing him. He wasn't famous yet. He didn't have much time at 29, according to his own statement that *advertiser censored* actors are has-beens at 30.

I disagree. 3 or 4 years ago LM was all over youtube wanting to get family guy banned. This is a youtube user who was "fighting" with him at the time. He created 100's of accounts back then (you can see this from the comments on their video's), and writing in the same style as he has done with his recent sock puppet accounts. For example "Luka is the Prince of Canada."

I am aware of this, but it does not mean this person is now telling the truth and that the content of these alleged emails is authentic.

:moo:

Sooooooooooo ... I've seen pages of comments about a blog where some unknown person claims to have sat on the plane next to Eric Newman flying from Montreal to Paris on May 26, but no link? Where did this information come from?

Actually, Otto, that information was offered on this very page a few posts up.

The blogger included a photo of his plane ticket/itinerary on the blog that shows the flight left Montreal at 2325 hrs May 26.
There's an issue with posting a link as the name includes a word that will be **** by WS policy. If you google "Blog MisterB**ch" it will come up and you can choose the google translate version (btw, the translation is a little wonky, but you can get the general idea). He did contact the police after the Interpol red alert went out.

Yes thanks PokerPlayer ... I had seen the blog and the ticket. Just sayin' that this info is not in the MSM, so not sure how much weight to attach to their claims.

Michael Rafferty's lawyer did not introduce fiction during the trial. He cross examined witnesses, but he did not fabricate information and present it to the jury as fact.

I don't know that case, so I'll take your word for it......just sounded like the Anthony case. Although Baez would probably swear up and down he didn't introduce fiction either.....just thinking out loud. Not trying to be combative.

Not sure if this was posted yet...apologies in advance if so...

Montreal police have now revealed some of the evidence they say links Magnotta to the alleged crime &#8212; including surveillance footage from his apartment building and a nearby Canada Post outlet, and a horrific video montage that circulated on internet gore sites last week.

DNA test results now confirm what police have known "99.9 per cent" since last week, Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafrenière said &#8212; that human remains sent to federal political parties and found in a Montreal trash pile are from the same body.

Montreal investigators say they also have evidence of cannibalism, "as gross and as graphic as it could be," Lafrenière said. "Yes, it was seen on the video."

Police still need to "absolutely prove" the authenticity of the video as a recording of the alleged crimes, although investigators "believe it is," he said. "Now we have to prove it."

More at.... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/06/05/magnotta-germany-judge-berlin.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214