ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it 7am in Canada? If so we could have more news regarding packages in the next few hours :(

It's just past 3am in Vancouver and it's after 7am in Toronto and Montreal.

According to today's Globe And Mail (newspaper), the Vancouver schools will be open today and counsellors will be available for the children. The packages were delivered to a public, elementary school and another to an all-boys private school. Grades 1 & 3 received the packages.

To me, Raw video means the uncut version. That's the term we usually use here on WS to mean uncut video and most news media outlets use this term too. I'm not 100% sure if the investigator means that term in the same way.

According to this Wikipedia article: Raw image format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it can also mean a file containing "minimally processed data from the image sensor of either a digital camera, image scanner, or motion picture film scanner." I guess that information could help the authorities, though I'm not tech-savvy enough to say how. I doubt the media would use the term "raw video" that way, but a reporter could have misunderstood the way an investigator was using the term.

I agree with you. Was Beavis and Butthead one of those fake accounts created by this group? If so, I'm pissed because I'm one of probably hundreds who called in that tip to Law Enforcement and even had to provide them with my personal information. All in hopes that it was a solid lead to capture him and to find out it was all a scam? I feel horrible for wasting their time. :sigh:

I'm speechless. Yes, now I'll think twice before calling any leads, if ever. :banghead:

Beavis is still posting so probably not them.

I like the idea, but I think it would be much more helpful if we could somehow follow the leads in the Hollywood case. I want to know if Luka was actually living in LA during January 1st through the 31st. He posted on FB in February that he was living there, but that's after the crime.

Here is some evidence that LRM was in or near Los Angeles in late 2011.

He posted on an S&M site with one of his notorious sockpuppet handles "cutelittlenemo1" on December 25, 2011:

Dom Young Masters in Arizona or Los Angeles

Hey, im an extremely attractive man in my 20's, I am looking for a dom master who will be able to teach me a lesson I will never forget. I enjoy being brutally anal raped (by 1 or more men) I enjoy being forced to drink piss and eat ****, I also like to get punched and kicked until I cant move. So the bigger you are the better. I dont want any *advertiser censored* or losers who will back out.. you have to be very agressive and have a strong perverted side like me.

I also like to be handcuffed and driver to remote locations then thrown out in the dark so I dont know where I am (if you prefer me naked thats cool) Then we can talk about what happened when I get home and laugh hah ahaha.

I love to get drunk and when I am so drunk I cant stand then you will have COMPLETE control over me, I have a hot little *advertiser censored* thats just waiting to get violated.

message me if your serious, no time for time wasters.

Cutelittlenemo1

Source: http://www.smplace.com/forum/564354-dom-young-masters-in-arizona-or-los-angeles.html

The Hollywood "body parts" case emerged in late January 2012, when body parts were found near the Hollywood sign.

Yes, I'm sure that your "investigation" was integral to the capture of Luka Magnotta. I'm sure that Interpol and law enforcement agencies around the world are today thanking animal rights extremists for the "unprecedented steps" that they took by creating fake-Luka troll identities on YouTube. That must have been invaluable to them. I'm sure that your internet trolling was essential to the capture of this maniac and was not just another shameless publicity stunt by animal rights extremists who are willing to do absolutely anything -- including exploit the deaths of two murder victims and possibly further traumatize their grieving families and friends by publicly taunting them while essentially posing as the person who killed their loved ones -- just to bring more attention to your own organization and cause. Thank God this monster is off the street so he doesn't harm any more animals (or people), right?

Hi and welcome! :seeya:

You mention 2 victims in your post. Just curious as to why you think there are 2?

Thanks!

You mention 2 victims in your post. Just curious as to why you think there are 2?

Thanks!

Just a guess, I think that person meant both Mr. Lin, and the "body parts" victim in Hollywood.

Thanks!

He means the murder of Justin Lin and the murder at the Hollywood Sign. This group liked and commented on plenty of video's under the darklillyangel account which were about the Hollywood sign murder case.

One last thing before I go to bed.... what are the thoughts about us getting a forum for this case? I know a lot of people want to catelogue what we know about the alias's of LM, his online postings from his many blogs, his photo-shopped pictuires, etc. If we had a forum we could start this process? This case will be a landmark case for LE, for Psychologist, for Profilers, for anyone interested in what makes a human, human. This casen also has a heavy internet component to it. I think it would be awesome if WS's was sort of the repository of organized information on this creeper. MOO... time for bed.

Exactly what I was thinking we need to organize and catalogue all the research we've doing otherwise we are wasting our efforts.

I haven't posted, but I've been reading along since the first thread and have appreciated the intelligence and maturity of the discussion, and the awareness of the victim's dignity throughout. Those who posted images of Jun/Justin Lin alive, smiling, and who honored his memory in their words--thank you for that.

I'm also thankful, although this seems to happen more when the victim is a child, that the gratuitous pro-death penalty and pro-torture comments have been kept to a minimum. I have empathy for the impulse even if it's not one I feel, but the almost gleeful wishes for the perp to rot, fry, or suffer always strike me as distasteful, if not trivializing of the issues.

(My phone just autocorrected "perp" to "peep." Now that's wishful thinking I can get behind.)

But more saliently. When I was 11 I saw a reference online to some website that supposedly had pretty sick content. As a sixth-grader with insatiable curiosity about the world and no sense of self-preservation, I typed it into the browser: r-o-t-t-e-n-d-o-t-c-o-m. It had a nasty little cartoon logo and a list of text links that all seemed to describe dead people.

I remember being pretty baffled. No way those could be real pictures, right? Publishing that would never be allowed. Where would they even get pictures of things like that? Well, only one way to find out--

That was over a decade ago, and of course the pictures were real. I think we were all more naive about the internet then, but twelve or so years on I don't think what I described is any less likely to happen.

But then simultaneously, I don't want the video banned. I think it should be available for study, like prima.facie's death investigation textbooks. Where I'm uneasy is the distribution, for profit*, of death as entertainment, but I'm not sure how that distinction might be legislated or enforced.

*Even if the gore site does not charge per view, I presume that it is ad-supported--if that is an incorrect assumption, please correct me. I haven't seen the video and don't intend to, so thank you to those who watched and summarized.

Just some more-or-less-coherent thoughts for now, and I'm sorry if this is too meta. Being new to this I'm not comfortable proposing theories of the crime, but I have--"enjoyed" seems like the wrong word--learned much from reading yours.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Apparently Lin registered the domain homobj.com. A whois look-up gives the following info:

Registrant:
Jun Lin
1160 st-mathieu
Montreal, Quebec h3h2j3
Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: HOMOBJ.COM
Created on: 12-Jan-12
Expires on: 12-Jan-13
Last Updated on: 12-Jan-12

Administrative Contact:
Lin, Jun ljustinian@gmail.com
1160 st-mathieu
Montreal, Quebec h3h2j3
Canada
(514) 621-5139

Technical Contact:
Lin, Jun ljustinian@gmail.com
1160 st-mathieu
Montreal, Quebec h3h2j3
Canada
(514) 621-5139

FWIW - I don't think he was involved in the Hollywood murder case.

I would be breathing down his neck pretty hard about that 2002 missing persons case he commented on from Indiana, though. Pretty sure it was Indiana.

Why are we sleuthing Jun Lin and his Internet activities? He is a victim.

Homobjs.com. So what. Oh no, he's gay, and maybe enjoys oral sex. So do millions, billions of others of us. :rolleyes:

IMO,that post is uncalled for.If LE would have taken the animal abuse serious Mr.Lin would be alive today !!!

The most Luka would have got is a couple months in jail, in whatever jurisdiction they were committed in. How does this prevent him from moving on to murder?

BTW, are the police looking into his Aunt's death in 2010? He's probably just lying but they should really make sure.

Sure, but don't we want all the info that's out there to be had? This is a serious issue and all things need to be considered. Not many people register domains. The victim did. Is this important in a case that revolves around the Internet? My answer would be yes.

However, I can edit my post to remove the info above if people think that's appropriate.

Great work. I suspect you are right about the person editing their post after the fact.

Do you think LRM created those pre-May 15th accounts to create some hype to sell the video, or to create a lame defense that someone else had done the crime?

There are other pre-May 15 postings on youtube that LRM likely created, to do so--

"Rita VanVolkenberg"

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFA2kJn70_zCnruYxnzc5A

That account has six videos, all stating the same thing in different languages "Serial Killer Luka Magnotta".

All videos were uploaded on April 24, 2012.

I thought this account was also created by LRM, so he could point to say that someone had knowledge of the murder before it was even committed.

I am sure I read somewhere that Rita VanVolkenberg was one of his aliases..

What is crazy is that I do remember for sure that anna mansfield was replying to Rita VanVolkenberg, as was hollywoodloveletters..........anna and hollywood were saying how wrong Rita was because of the date of the uploading of the video.

So we now know that anna and hollywood were not him........if Rita was a troll it means 2 trolls trying to catch each other out.....if you know what I mean.

wondering if the group that set up anna and hollywood thought he was Rita.

I posted about this yesterday at around noon (it's pretty much the same quote from the same newspaper) and I noticed some discussion about what is meant by Raw video:

To me, Raw video means the uncut version. That's the term we usually use here on WS to mean uncut video and most news media outlets use this term too. I'm not 100% sure if the investigator means that term in the same way.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...-helped-montreal-police-identify-suspect?bn=1

What he describes is no different than what is in the video distributed, ecxept for the reference to acts of cannibalism, of which there are none on the recording sent out to the public. If they have seen true acts of cannibalism on the recording, then they have a different recording.

There is also a possibility that in the video sent to the public that one of the still shots at the the end (the one that is shown very briefly, for less than a half second) is not of what I thought it was, but does show an act of cannibalism, in which case, I am glad that I couldn't slow down the video and see what was in that still shot.

Is it 7am in Canada? If so we could have more news regarding packages in the next few hours :(

It's 8:09 am EST. It all depends where those other 2 packages were sent. If sent to the West Coast, it could be this afternoon. Who knows though. He could have mailed them anywhere in the world.

Sure, but don't we want all the info that's out there to be had? This is a serious issue and all things need to be considered. Not many people register domains. The victim did. Is this important in a case that revolves around the Internet? My answer would be yes.

However, I can edit my post to remove the info above if people think that's appropriate.

Not many people register domains? Really? Tons and tons of people register domains every day. So what?

And so he registers his site - what exactly does it have to do with the case? Yes, the Internet figures largely in the case, but it is Luka, the perpetrator's Internet activity that is important, not the victim's, unless, IMO, you can show somehow that maybe they met through that domain?

IMO its just seems like extraneous information meant to titillate. As a rule we don't sleuth victims, but maybe this case is different, it's not up to me though, a mod will chime in I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson