ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The site that hosted the video and then refused to take it down will face criminal charges as well.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...d-for-graphic-dismemberment-video-police-say/

At this point, the article says will "most likely be charged".

From that same article:

Best Gore’s operator Mark Marek has publicly defended his right to host the video saying that he is doing a public service by showing people the unsanitized truth.

Hmmm ... interesting how MM sanitizes this issue.

Once again, I see he is communicating by email with Postmedia. Maybe's he's taken his $600/month (har har) and gone for some R&R in the Dominican again.

FWIW, MM also runs alberta stars dot com (without the spaces).

MOO

ETA: I see his other site that contains "Most Graphic Thread EVER", that thread is not available ... being improved to serve us better. Sure ;)

Has he been charged with cannibalism?

I do not know if they are adding that on...I thought they were considering adding more charges...but that was not the point of my question....

I was just curious were all this canabilisim talk came from....I thought I missed something...

I do not know if they are adding that on...I thought they were considering adding more charges...but that was not the point of my question....

I was just curious were all this canabilisim talk came from....I thought I missed something...

Check the link I posted about three posts up. The Montreal Police stated it in their news conference today.

Montreal police release pic of him:

<<<Stephanie Smyth &#8207;@stephaniesmyth

#Montreal Police release #Magnotta photo; taken after his arrest in #Berlin #bodyparts http://yfrog.com/mnfhqswj >>>

those eyes say, that expression says......i want to kill you....
truly the look of evil....

i truly believe he did not think he would ever be caught.....

Hi folks, first post from me.

I read an interesting article just now but can't find the link (grrr!). The article said that it's a mistake to think that Luka 'wanted to get caught'. It mentions the fact that, even in Paris and Berlin, he was constantly changing his appearance every time he went out.

Here's a new police mugshot (not the one previously seen), probably the only time we've seen him as himself- own hair, no make up etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed*-star-looking-pictures-naked-arrested.html

Being the Daily Mail, the article is trying to sensationalise things even more by saying he was looking at 'naked' pictures of himself. I don't think so, no mention of that anywhere else!

Anyway, nice to meet you all, I've been reading for a few days.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...tinues/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Luka Rocco Magnotta allegedly ate victim as grisly search for missing head and limbs continues

thanks jeanne...

so they say allegedly. i wonder what that is based on....either something we dont know or they are assuming based on the vid...even though the vid shows nothing of the sort...

from the link
LaFreniere said police have surveillance footage putting Magnotta at the scene where the two body parts were sent in the mail.

He also said police have video of him dropping off garbage bags outside of his apartment.

thats good they got vid!!

Of course, but if they present DNA evidence, he'll just say it was left while Jun was still alive. Is there a body? yes? Are there parts being engaged with after Jun is dead? Yes. Can it be proven from a low quality tape that those parts are, in fact, real or that they belong to Jun? Not from what's on the tape. Does the tape show a murder? No.

I never suggested that Jun wanted to be murdered. I don't know when or how it came up, I never bought into that idea. I'm saying that if they find his DNA in or on the victim, he will try to explain it away by saying it was deposited in a consensual sex act prior to Jun's death, or that a lover of his somehow kept his semen and left it on the victim (the old I was framed). Luckily, the later can be debunked by forensic science, so he'll likely go with the former.

He can tell his lawyer whatever he wants, but the lawyer cannot present what he says in court without evidence to support the claims. If Eric claims that someone else framed him, there must be evidence to support that claim ... otherwise it's fiction - and not allowed in a Canadian courtroom.

The video may not show the act of murder, but it does show the victim tied up and then the victim murdered and dismembered. That is sufficient evidence to conclude that the person with the camera in his apartment was involved in the murder.

Police say they have a raw version of the edited video magnotta posted. I think they have the actual murder itself on that raw video.

I've just come across something disturbing (though I'm not sure if this is current, or was done by LM years ago to promote himself--seems to be an earlier photo). Merchandise for sale! His image on t-shirts, hats, even underwear.

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/lukamagnotta

And it even states that a portion of the sales goes to charity. ????

Luka Rocco Magnotta accused of eating part of slain student
Montreal police investigators also said that the right foot, right leg and the head of Jun Lin, 33, are still missing.
DNA evidence released Tuesday morning confirmed all body parts found came from Lin. The head of the victim was cut off overnight May 24-25.

Investigations are under way in several jurisdictions where Magnotta lived, but there is no confirmation he was involved in other crimes.
Guards at the detention centre described Magnotta as "quite meek," Redlich said. "They told me that he had passed a quiet night without incident.

"He was wearing clothes given to him by the police. He was asleep on a wooden bed with a mattress in a tidy German prison cell that measures 1.5 metres by five metres."

Redlich said the Canadian had bread and jam for breakfast. "He also had a light meal of bread and cheese last night."
full article and VIDEOS at link: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Luka+Rocco+Magnotta+accused+eating+part+slain+student/6731784/story.html

It is obvious that we are looking at someone who has at least one, if not several personality disorders, but it appears that at some point he suffered a psychotic break that led to him becoming first a cat killer and finally a murderer. I am sure all of us at some point has come across a narcissist or two, even sociopaths, but we can agree these people seem to blend in with society without becoming more than, at worst, petty criminals. Something happened to Luka, probably back around the time he changed his name, and I am curious to know what it might be. I know the anger is high right now, but don't come down on me when I say I don't want to see him killed in prison. I don't want to see him dead at all because I think he is worthy of intense study so that in the future we can stop people like him before the worst happens.

As for him defending himself, we all saw how well that worked for Ted Bundy. I say, go for it Luka!

I agree that there has to be a personality disorder somewhere in him, but I honestly don't think Magnotta became psychotic at any point.

I believe his actions were all driven by his insatiable need to be in the limelight. I don't know that he's ever really had a blood lust (perhaps, he just wanted people to think he did), which may be why the kill was never shown in the video. He might have hesitated, gotten sick.... I don't know. He might have even used liquid morphine to avoid having to do the dirty work all himself. Like someone else here said (I can't remember who, I apologize), he appears to have maintained some detachment during the cat killings, as well. He used a vacuum and a long stick, perhaps to remove himself from the action somewhat. After the subject is dead, I suppose he might have felt freer to commit his heinous actions. I feel that he likely has a very unstable self-esteem (because of his lack of both social connections and success, and the persistence with which he inflates himself). He hides beneath a veneer of beauty, wealth, and notoriety, which he perpetuates out of fear that someone will find out the truth (that he's broke, unemployed, and lives in a run down apt). He wants people to talk about him, and will suffer any consequence to ensure that they do. I firmly believe that this is why he became a killer. Every other avenue failed him, that is until he started killing cats. Then, people were talking about him. His online postings seem to have become part of his kill ritual. He probably amped himself into "killer" mode by first creating these online personas to talk about a new (then, non-existent) video that's hit the web showing some sicko killing cats. He'd get off on creating the buzz, then he would release the video once people seemed to be sufficiently outraged that it might exist. Then, he'd carefully monitor people's reactions, and even blend in with them by anonymously calling the poster sick and creating FB groups to help catch the monster. With other accounts, he would defend the poster and yell conspiracy. I believe it was all about the thrill, rather than being caused by a psychotic episode or some traumatic event. I don't know, just my opinion.

Labatt is just calling more attention to this photo and themselves. Maybe that was their intention? Pretty annoying any way you look at it. I am with you, Karmandy.

It may be "The Streisand Syndrome". In 2003 Barbara tried to have an aerial view of her home removed from a site that had 12,000 pictures of the California coast - documenting erosion. There had only been six hits on the picture, two from her attorneys. After she sued to get the picture removed, there were 420,000 hits in the month afterwards.

He can tell his lawyer whatever he wants, but the lawyer cannot present what he says in court without evidence to support the claims. If Eric claims that someone else framed him, there must be evidence to support that claim ... otherwise it's fiction - and not allowed in a Canadian courtroom.

The video may not show the act of murder, but it does show the victim tied up and then the victim murdered and dismembered. That is sufficient evidence to conclude that the person with the camera in his apartment was involved in the murder.

Otto ... you know otherwise from the Rafferty trial. The lawyer can make "suggestions" to possibly create reasonable doubt, but does not have to produce a shred of evidence to substantiate those suggestions.

On the second point, it is also possible that the investigate will find that the video was recorded by webcam.

Welcome James!!!!

Thank you :seeya:

I have an inkling of how Luka may be feeling right now, and why I think it unlikely he will defend himself. I know none of us can know for certain, but I reckon he's not in a good place.

On the plane, he was seen to be crying and extremely on edge. In the bar in Paris he was described as 'extremely nervous' (not excited, which was a mistranslation, but nervous), and one account from the internet café described him as being nervous and agitated.

Also, the police and prison guards have described him as being a 'model prisoner', quiet and 'meek'.

I reckon he realises he is now way out of his depth and not in control, and that scares him. In all his previous actions he went out of his way to be in control, but it was mostly an illusion from behind a computer screen. I think he now realises how little he is, and he's scared.

That's why I don't think he'll mount his own defence. He knows he'd be out of his depth.

It's one thing being the master of your online persona, but another when others are in control.

Just my thoughts.

I've just come across something disturbing (though I'm not sure if this is current, or was done by LM years ago to promote himself--seems to be an earlier photo). Merchandise for sale! His image on t-shirts, hats, even underwear.

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/lukamagnotta

And it even states that a portion of the sales goes to charity. ????

No it isn't current, the link was archived on his website from a few years back, sales must have been disappointing as I think he removed it.

Hi folks, first post from me.

I read an interesting article just now but can't find the link (grrr!). The article said that it's a mistake to think that Luka 'wanted to get caught'. It mentions the fact that, even in Paris and Berlin, he was constantly changing his appearance every time he went out.

Here's a new police mugshot (not the one previously seen), probably the only time we've seen him as himself- own hair, no make up etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed*-star-looking-pictures-naked-arrested.html

Being the Daily Mail, the article is trying to sensationalise things even more by saying he was looking at 'naked' pictures of himself. I don't think so, no mention of that anywhere else!

Anyway, nice to meet you all, I've been reading for a few days.

I don't think that he wanted to get caught and I don't think that he expected to get caught. If the torso in the suitcase had been picked up by the garbage collectors, as Eric intended, there would have been no immediate connection between Eric and the body parts sent to the Prime Minister's political office.

thanks jeanne...

so they say allegedly. i wonder what that is based on....either something we dont know or they are assuming based on the vid...even though the vid shows nothing of the sort...

from the link

thats good they got vid!!

I think even in the unlikely case that they cannot get him on murder charges, there is certainly enough evidence of 'body tampering' to send him away forever. Not to mention the 'percieved threat' against the PM. I don't think we have to worry he is going to get off on a technicality. I think among all the other personas he was trying on for size, psychopathic killer was just another one. He's not even smart enough to be a psychopath. Just one huge failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills