ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto ... you know otherwise from the Rafferty trial. The lawyer can make "suggestions" to possibly create reasonable doubt, but does not have to produce a shred of evidence to substantiate those suggestions.

On the second point, it is also possible that the investigate will find that the video was recorded by webcam.

I don't remember the defence presenting any testimony suggesting fiction. What I do recall is that during cross examination of witnesses, the defence asked questions that could lead the jury in the wrong direction, but the witnesses disagreed with the defence suggestion and that was the end of it. That is, although the defence asked questions that attempted to twist the witness testimony, but there was no testimony presented that was based on fiction.

And might I add that I am thankful he only posted the edited version online? I don't know if I would have made it through the unedited version, and thank the Lord I will never have to watch that version.

Agree 100%! I could never do the job that LE does. I don't know how they aren't tortured by what they see and hear - especially in this case. But, I'm thankful for all they do!!

Anyone else wishing Jim Smyth could interview him when he gets back to Canada?

***Warning*** Graphic post ahead.....

I thought that from the very beginning that posters here who watched the kill-vid said that they saw LM with a fork, and that he also invited a dog to join in. Why is there a question now whether or not cannibalism took place? Is it because it's hard to tell for sure whether or not he actually ate pieces of the victim?

And where is the head?! Have Canadian officials gone to the landfill and searched? Are they concerned about finding the missing body parts? If L.M. had mailed them like he indicated he had - I would think that they would have shown up somewhere by now.

I just keeping thinking of Mr. Lin's family. I mean - how do you ever recover from something like this? Their lives are forever changed :( Their loved one was murdered in a foreign land, and they don't even have his body to lay to rest. -----Which brings up another thought ----what are Chinese burial rituals? Off to google I guess. And saying a prayer for Mr. Lin's family, friends - all his loved ones who will miss him.

so now that we know they have the raw footage....unedited...
can anyone guess as to why he released an edited version?
you think he was going to release the raw version eventualy?
or did he think he was hiding himself by getting rid of parts of the vid that could easily identify him?

Maybe the entire ordeal took an extremely long time, so he edited it to make it shorter and be sure people saw every depraved thing he did instead of closing it too early.

:Welcome1::welcome3:

Your right, I had not seen this 'no makeup' shot.
nomakeup.jpg

He looks SO different than all the other photos! Not only his expression, but his skin and hair! No wonder he was such a huge fan of photoshop, makeup and wigs!

I don't think that he wanted to get caught and I don't think that he expected to get caught. If the torso in the suitcase had been picked up by the garbage collectors, as Eric intended, there would have been no immediate connection between Eric and the body parts sent to the Prime Minister's political office.

Indeed... and when the apartment was eventually found bloody, and the blood matched the foot and hand, but Eric Newman was nowhere to be found, perhaps LE would assume that he was the murdered person? Maybe that is what he was counting on? People assuming HE was dead?

***Warning*** Graphic post ahead.....

I thought that from the very beginning that posters here who watched the kill-vid said that they saw LM with a fork, and that he also invited a dog to join in. Why is there a question now whether or not cannibalism took place? Is it because it's hard to tell for sure whether or not he actually ate pieces of the victim?

And where is the head?! Have Canadian officials gone to the landfill and searched? Are they concerned about finding the missing body parts? If L.M. had mailed them like he indicated he had - I would think that they would have shown up somewhere by now.

I just keeping thinking of Mr. Lin's family. I mean - how do you ever recover from something like this? They're lives are forever changed :( Their loved one was murdered in a foreign land, and they don't even have his body to lay to rest. -----Which brings up another thought ----what are Chinese burial rituals? Off to google I guess. And saying a prayer for Mr. Lin's family, friends - all his loved ones who will miss him.

Would have to go back and check (locked threads :() but didn't LRM's May 15 promotion of the vid include reference to cannabilism?

Thank you :seeya:

I have an inkling of how Luka may be feeling right now, and why I think it unlikely he will defend himself. I know none of us can know for certain, but I reckon he's not in a good place.

On the plane, he was seen to be crying and extremely on edge. In the bar in Paris he was described as 'extremely nervous' (not excited, which was a mistranslation, but nervous), and one account from the internet café described him as being nervous and agitated.

Also, the police and prison guards have described him as being a 'model prisoner', quiet and 'meek'.

I reckon he realises he is now way out of his depth and not in control, and that scares him. In all his previous actions he went out of his way to be in control, but it was mostly an illusion from behind a computer screen. I think he now realises how little he is, and he's scared.

That's why I don't think he'll mount his own defence. He knows he'd be out of his depth.

It's one thing being the master of your online persona, but another when others are in control.

Just my thoughts.

If he attempted to represent himself, the Judge would be overburdered. The Judge has a duty to ensure that an accused understands everything that goes on in court. If the accused does not have a lawyer, that responsibility falls on the shoulders of the Judge ... and no Judge is going to waste court time on that. Therefore, it seems likely that with a case of this nature, a lawyer will be appointed to Eric Newman and he can take advantage of that opportunity or ignore it ... but at least it's not on the shoulders of the Judge to explain the law to Eric Newman.

After seeing the cafepress site, I had a hunch. Good lord ... is there a website on the internet that wasn't touched by this creep?

http://www.etsy.com/people/LukaMagnotta?ref=pr_profile

Oh Good LORD! Did you see his "favorite" items!? All things Kittens!

I shop Etsy all the time. It's a great place, and I've made transactions with many great people on that site. I buy mostly craft supplies and hand crafted jewelry, and can not believe that LM has a profile there! UGH!

I shop Etsy all the time. It's a great place, and I've made transactions with many great people on that site. I buy mostly craft supplies and hand crafted jewelry, and can not believe that LM has a profile there! UGH!

Kittens, water and a sign from Chicago, I wonder if he was trying to say something with this.

It is obvious that we are looking at someone who has at least one, if not several personality disorders, but it appears that at some point he suffered a psychotic break that led to him becoming first a cat killer and finally a murderer. I am sure all of us at some point has come across a narcissist or two, even sociopaths, but we can agree these people seem to blend in with society without becoming more than, at worst, petty criminals. Something happened to Luka, probably back around the time he changed his name, and I am curious to know what it might be. I know the anger is high right now, but don't come down on me when I say I don't want to see him killed in prison. I don't want to see him dead at all because I think he is worthy of intense study so that in the future we can stop people like him before the worst happens.

As for him defending himself, we all saw how well that worked for Ted Bundy. I say, go for it Luka!

Not coming down on you. But just a point of fact. People who suffer psychotic breaks and commit crimes believe that their crimes are necessary and just. They have no clue that they are wrong. Usually they won't try to hide the crime or their involvement. Some don't even bother to wash the blood off themselves. They sometimes don't leave the area where the crime was committed, at least going no farther than going home.

Eric ran, indicating he knew what he did was going to cause him trouble. He used false names and disguises. In his writings he never attempted to justify or defend what he did. I never saw anything where he tried to explain how the murder was necessary. IMO all his actions indicated a sense of guilt.

IMO he did not suffer a psychotic break. He was in touch with reality and knew what he did was wrong or would be perceived as wrong. He undoubtedly had his own reasons for what he did, and might at some point try to justify it. But IMO he knew how society would perceive what he did. And IMO that was the purpose of what he did, he fed on society's shock and horror. IMO he wanted to live the role of a horror film star.

I heard he has a goodreads account as well.

I hate to be critical of any LE. But in this case.....

Yes they have to do something about the video host. He put the video up. Which caused viewers to call Canadian authorities, and they ignored the calls. That video has caused them a lot of embarrassment.

The video is one of thousands of fake video and images that are uploaded to the internet daily ... what about this particular video would make police more interested ... and which police force was supposed to look into it - since no one knew that it was real or where it was filmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201