ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I please ask why you are searching this?

What is the connection to LM? I see none...

Luka did go to new York... And at the time his name was Eric C Newman. He had photos done at the time by a professional photographer in New York.

Appeal from a judgment of the Ontario County Court (Frederick G. Reed, J.), rendered June 4, 2004. The judgment convicted defendant, upon his plea of guilty, of sexual abuse in the first degree.

I have the page to search the full court report and I am trying to see if it's him but the 2005 date given is for the verdict of the appeal. What I see is this Eric C Newman case would have been started in 2004.

This is where I started but you can navigate to different years and months

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/reporter/slipidx/miscolo_2005_June.shtml

Luka Rocco Magnotta (born July 24, 1982 as Eric Clinton Newman

I've found something I don't think has been posted yet, forgive me if it has.

Luka had posted about the Dnepropetrovsk murderers in a blog in November 2010. He has posted it in Russian and appears to be another copy/paste job.

For those who don't know the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs are 3 teens who were charged with murdering 21 people in the Ukraine in 2007. They video'd some of the murders and posted one online and it became famously know has "3 Guys 1 Hammer". They also video taped and photographed themselves torturing numerous kittens.

More on that case here: Dnepropetrovsk maniacs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The blog LM posted can only be seen via google webcache here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...guage.blogspot.com/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Around the time of that posting, LM released the video with him killing the 2 kittens with the vacuum bag. The original video titles was "1 Boy 2 Kittens", the other video's released were also named in a similar fashion, and now we have a video titled "1 Lunatic 1 Icepick".

This to me is where LM got his inspiration from, it almost seems like a copycat crime....

LM's real name is Eric Newman, iirc.

Salem

Right....just trying to figure out why a court case of a very common american name is being posted....i didnt get that....

someone answered above...

but there are numerous court cases for eric c newman across the states....

Still searching the site. The July I 2005 is the date of the appeal. It looks like this happened in 2004if I go by the original information but I don't have a date of the case, this is frustrating. In 2004 it looks like a decision was rendered on the case and then appealed? Pulling my hair out here.... I know the case docket is on this darn site just have to find it to see if it's the Eric C Newman but by the charges it sure as hell sounds like it!

REMEMBER - you may NOT post this information unless you can verify that the person is LM, aka Eric Newman.

You have to be SURE and be able to prove it, before you can post it here. Otherwise it will be linking to an innocent person with no connection to the case, kwim?

Thanks,

Salem

Found it http://www.gamblingnetwork.com/forums/general-lotto-lottery-forum/14219-luka-magnotta-wins-142-000-lottery-shares-his-secret.html

Luka Magnotta Wins $142,000 in Lottery and Shares His Secret

Good tips thanks for sharring.

Toronto, Canada

Male model Luka Magnotta recently won over $140,000 in the provinces lotto and he shares his secret of winning. Magnotta says that he has been playing for many years and he would have won 2.3 million but had to split it with the other winners.

more at link

Oh my but I have to leave for the evening - I am going blind and can't see half of the posts on the thread. Later folks and have a good evening.

Thanks for saying that prima.facie!

In my opinion, it would be more useful to Google Alfred E Newman, at least we'd all have some giggles...

Well then, google Alfred E. Newman if you like while billy is on vacation.

To clarify: From Justin Ling of Xtra!'s twitter feed he has noted that several individuals who knew Magnotta will not talk to the media even if their identity is protected. Given the extensive media coverage of both Magnotta and the horrific details of the acts he is accused of, it would be extremely difficult for someone to publicly make positive statements about him. I'm sure his former friends and family are going through a really difficult times dealing with the fact that someone who was at one time a part of their life could be capable of such monstrous acts. Therefore publicly sharing even the "good memories" they have of Magnotta would be beyond difficult as it would put them in a tough position.
Of course.

Personally, I don't give Justin Ling a whole lot of credibility. He's good at regurgitating a lot of garbage from the net. There are reasons why people might not want to give him an interview.

Anyway ...the classmates just mentioned he would be out playing road hockey with his playmates and how he was sad a lot of the time, and that he threw a chair at his sixth-grade teacher.

There's at least one other person who has come forward to say nice things about him, but I won't bore people with it.

That is all. :)

EVERYBODY - please remember NOT to post pictures of innocent people. Also, do not post their addresses or their court information or ANYTHING about them.

I won't warn anymore - I will just TO.

If you see another poster doing such things - please alert the post so the mods can get to it before it is quoted 700 times. Don't stop to tell the other poster how or what to post. Just alert and let the mods take care of it.

Thanks,

Salem

Found it http://www.gamblingnetwork.com/forums/general-lotto-lottery-forum/14219-luka-magnotta-wins-142-000-lottery-shares-his-secret.html

Luka Magnotta Wins $142,000 in Lottery and Shares His Secret

Good tips thanks for sharring.

Toronto, Canada

Male model Luka Magnotta recently won over $140,000 in the provinces lotto and he shares his secret of winning. Magnotta says that he has been playing for many years and he would have won 2.3 million but had to split it with the other winners.

more at link

The site I saw was almost like a people search type database. It didn't strike me as particularly legit. Could be something Luka put his own name on. Who knows. I did LOL at that article, and the world stradigy. That 165 IQ really shows through.

Thanks for all the work on this lottery thing, guys!

This one reminds me of Michael Thomas Rafferty

<snip>

(respectfully snipped the image so I don't have to look at it again)

before I read what you wrote, and I saw the picture, I wondered why we were posting pics of Rafferty over here... then I noticed the eyebrows and read what you wrote. :what: It DOES kind of look like him, eh?

Luka did go to new York... And at the time his name was Eric C Newman. He had photos done at the time by a professional photographer in New York.

Appeal from a judgment of the Ontario County Court (Frederick G. Reed, J.), rendered June 4, 2004. The judgment convicted defendant, upon his plea of guilty, of sexual abuse in the first degree.

I have the page to search the full court report and I am trying to see if it's him but the 2005 date given is for the verdict of the appeal. What I see is this Eric C Newman case would have been started in 2004.

This is where I started but you can navigate to different years and months

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/reporter/slipidx/miscolo_2005_June.shtml

Luka Rocco Magnotta (born July 24, 1982 as Eric Clinton Newman

I'm not sure I completely understand the trail you're following. But if you're looking at slip opinions from an appellate court the likely reason you can't find the case is because the trial court decision appealed from was not published. I'm not sure if lower courts in that county have their dockets on-line. If so, it would probably be a completely different site for the records of the lower court for the appropriate county. NY is notoriously bad for maintaining electronic public records in lower courts.

REMEMBER - you may NOT post this information unless you can verify that the person is LM, aka Eric Newman.

You have to be SURE and be able to prove it, before you can post it here. Otherwise it will be linking to an innocent person with no connection to the case, kwim?

Thanks,

Salem

not sure where my post went....

but that person being sleuthed is on the NY sex offender registry. it is NOT luka magnotta!!

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/SomsSUBDirectory/offenderDetails.jsp?offenderid=25166

@MODS: ^^ that is the only way i know to prove it is not luka....you may delete it, i understand, but im TRYING to stop this from going further....lol

Right....just trying to figure out why a court case of a very common american name is being posted....i didnt get that....

someone answered above...

but there are numerous court cases for eric c newman across the states....

Gotcha ya! Posters should NOT be posting court information for persons NOT connected to this case. If that is happening, please alert so the mods can address it.

Thanks so much,

Salem

Gotcha ya! Posters should NOT be posting court information for persons NOT connected to this case. If that is happening, please alert so the mods can address it.

Thanks so much,

Salem

absolutely no problem!!

Thanks prima.facie, as you know, I really appreciate and admire your awesome sleuthing, great finds and attention to detail.

Eric C Newman definitely is a common name, and while I am still catching-up on the thread, I wanted to raise the read flag before we tussled the hair of folks named Eric C Newman who were convicted of crimes...

Now if his name was John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt or something very unique, it would be easier to ID him...

Hey, that's my name too :)

Thanks so much,

Salem

Salem: THANK YOU for stating this! I'd hate to see folks, who happen to have the name Eric C Newman that were convicted of a crime and have paid their debt to society, unnecessarily bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim