Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Suzi. It's been a while and so much has happened I need a refresher course on this case.

Responding to Missing & Unidentified Persons

February 22-24, 2011 | Appleton, Wisconsin

Beth Holloway is the mother of Natalee Holloway, a high school senior who went missing in Aruba during her 2005 class trip. With Natalee's case remaining unsolved, Beth has dedicated her life to helping others in similar circumstances. In 2007, Beth published Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith, which describes Beth's experiences and obstacles she faced dealing with a missing child. In promoting best practices for effective management of missing persons' cases, Beth will ask participants to self-assess their understanding of issues relating to missing persons and how that level of awareness impacts personal safety and responsiveness. She will emphasize the importance of collaboration and training between law enforcement and community resources to best serve missing persons and their families. Preventative strategies to help keep communities safe will also be shared. In reviewing Natalee's case, Beth will outline what went right, what went wrong, and discuss opportunities for collaboration between law enforcement and other agencies in future missing persons' cases. Beth will provide the keynote presentation on Day 1 of the conference and will also present a community forum that evening. Her community presentation will focus on the memory and legacy of Natalee, and provide a strong message about ensuring personal safety while traveling internationally. View the Community Event under the Quick Links section to the right for more information on Beth's evening presentation which is free to the public.

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1238&PID=81

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/17/holloway.case/index.html?iref=obinsite

Natalee Holloway's mother meets with van der Sloot
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 17, 2010 1:24 p.m. EDT

t1larg.holloway.gi.jpg

...Altez said Holloway arrived with a group of Dutch journalists and asked to meet prison officials.

Altez said van der Sloot was brought to the meeting "practically by force."

Peru's "24 Horas" television program reported that Holloway spoke to van der Sloot for about five minutes before van der Sloot canceled the meeting because his lawyer was not present. The program reported that they spoke very little and treated each other well.

According to Altez, Holloway told van der Sloot that she doesn't have any hatred in her heart towards him. Van der Sloot replied that he understood, but that he couldn't talk to her further, and handed her his attorney's business card, Altez said.

Holloway has not reached out to Altez, he said....

Unfortunately, I think it was a wasted trip. I don't think JVS will ever tell anyone that matters what really happened and where he left the body. IMO, he's a sociopath, like KC, and nobody will ever know the real truth.

I get what your saying Steely Dan and about him being a sociopath. I agree with that.

I just dont feel her efforts are wasted , If for no other reason then the fact he knows she is not going to go away or move on with her life and she thinks of him everyday. I think he may not be haunted by his crimes but he is going to be haunted by Beth Holloway and he hates it. IMO.

Joran is suspected of the murders of two young women. I think he must be a sociopath to have gotten as far as he has without being convicted. In Peru, are two years waiting for trial equal to 4 years in jail - double time for time served prior to conviction?

:bump:

Were these remains ever ID'ed? Thank you!

so maybe she really does believe that Joran sold her as a sex slave

I feel bad for these parents that they have to disagree so publically over something that is a personal family matter

I don't understand why Natalie's father would file for something like this? In what way does it benefit him or anyone? Does anyone have any idea?

In the absence of there being money or something, it just seems cruel. I doubt he's unaware of how Betty feels about Natalie. What point is he trying to make?

Perhaps from his point of view it is cruel to have to keep hoping she is alive. Maybe psychologically he needs to move on in order to hang on to what sanity he has left. No one who hasn't been there could guess what this man is going through.

Perhaps from his point of view it is cruel to have to keep hoping she is alive. Maybe psychologically he needs to move on in order to hang on to what sanity he has left. No one who hasn't been there could guess what this man is going through.

I was just going to say this. For them there was no body to view. There was no funeral. There has only been years and years of fear and hope and lots more fear. Perhaps he needed some formal way to end it.

And when I talk about hope, that is still not a pleasant feeling. Which do you think is less painful, to hope that LE finds a dead body? Or to think of your precious daughter being held as a sex slave and raped and abused repeatedly?

One filing to have the death formally declared and one parent fighting it, just means they are in different stages of accepting what happened and have different ways of coping with it.

"I only learned about this when I was handed the citation by a process server while addressing a large audience at a conference in Georgia," she said. "I don't know what this is about, or why Dave is taking this action at this time."

It really seems to me that the process server could have picked a better, more private moment. It must have been horrible to open that paperwork and see the petition to have her daughter declared dead, and then have to go on with the conference.

I continue to keep Beth in my heart and thoughts. If you haven't read her book losing natalee it's a heartbreaker.

I refuse to criticize the parent of a missing child, but it does make me sad that DH and BHT are at odds publicly over this. Maybe there are legal ramifications I don't understand which cause DH to feel he needs to have Natalee declared dead sooner rather than later.

An attorney for Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway, sought the delay Friday because she could not attend the hearing due to a speech in California.

Probate Judge Alan King said she had more than two weeks' notice about the hearing.

http://www2.alabamas13.com/news/201...death-declaration-case-may-procee-ar-2454166/

Holloway's father, Dave Holloway, told Probate Judge Alan King that he wants his daughter declared dead because there is no evidence that she's still alive and he would like to use her $2,000 college fund to help her younger brother.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/15533766/judge-rejects-delay-in-natalee-holloway-case

Dave Holloway asked for today's hearing to end medical insurance payments on Natalee and to give her college fund money to Natalee's brother.

Probate Judge Alan King’s ruling to allow the death petition to move forward, gives anyone 14 weeks to prove Natalee is still alive before becoming final.

http://www2.alabamas13.com/news/201...lee-holloway-can-be-declared-dead-ar-2455397/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member