Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Joran will be spending a bit more time in jail.... :)

Jan. 10, 2023
Dutch national Joran van der Sloot (35), who is serving a 28 year sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores in a Peruvian jail has been sentenced to another 18 years for drug smuggling, the Telegraaf reports. Van der Sloot was said to have played a ‘crucial role’ in selling cocaine smuggled into the Juliaca prison by a family member of a fellow prisoner and even sending it to addresses outside Peru.

The practice came to an end when prison guards discovered the route the drugs were taking. Van der Sloot was subsequently transferred to the Challapalca prison which is known for its extremely harsh regime, the paper said.

MEXICO CITY – Peru's government issued an executive order Wednesday allowing the extradition to the United States of the prime suspect in the unsolved 2005 disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway on the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba.

The Peruvian Embassy in Washington told The Associated Press the order allows for the temporary extradition of Dutchman Joran van der Sloot to be prosecuted for alleged extortion and wire fraud, charges stemming from the Holloway case.

Does anyone know "where" in the U.S. Joran is being extradited to? State?

This case was before I started keeping my notes - so have to make up a new one for this.

And will there be a new thread for this new case coming up?

Does anyone know "where" in the U.S. Joran is being extradited to? State?

This case was before I started keeping my notes - so have to make up a new one for this.

And will there be a new thread for this new case coming up?
Alabama

A news release from a public affairs firm announced the government of Peru agreed to the temporary extradition of Joran van der Sloot to Alabama to face trial.

It sounds like his trip to the US will be like a mini-vacation for him.

Unfortunately, with his history, if he told the absolute truth, very few people would believe him.

Does anyone know if this is being tried in state or federal court.

Unfortunately, with his history, if he told the absolute truth, very few people would believe him.

definitely a vacation for him. Peru cooperates only if the prisoner is returned to Peru to finish the sentence there. Joran probably wishes he could switch to the USA. But he has a wife and child in Peru. Whether or not that's just a bootie relief, IDK.

i never did and still don't think he killed Natalee, but I do think he was there and disposed of her body. I think he relishes going to Alabama where he can ho-hum his way through comparatively insignificant charges, while thumbing his nose at Mrs Holloway. Why would he care if convictions are piled on, AFTER murder and trafficking sentences to be completed in Peru.

I think the press will be focused on her, and finally getting vindication, but she won't get it, as there is no way he will tell, to relieve her anguish, that's his power. NH's death doesn't seem, so far, to even be a factor in the trial: embezzlement and wire fraud.

Similar to confessed baby killer Chris Watts keeping his power by playing the enigma.

Imo

I feel sorry for his mother, she seemed loving and decent.

Last edited:

In my notes I have it as a Federal case. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Joran van der Sloot ties the knot in Peru prison​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member