Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 *AL extortion trial* *Guilty* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Joran van der Sloot, the main suspect in the unsolved 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, has pleaded guilty to federal extortion charges related to the Alabama teenager's death.

As a part of the plea deal, van der Sloot agreed to a polygraph test and agreed to provide information about Holloway's disappearance to Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway.

Van der Sloot apologize in court to the Holloway family and his own family, and he hopes "the statement that I provided will provide some kind of closure."

"I am not the same kind of person today as I was then, I have given my life to Jesus Christ," he said.

The man many believe to be responsible for the death and disappearance of Natalee Holloway is expected to plead guilty today to wire fraud and extortion. Sources also tell us that he plans to finally reveal more information about Natalee’s death.
It is a moment that the Holloway family, and many all across the county have waited for eighteen long years to witness…

If you need to catch up on the case that has the eyes of the nation on Birmingham… you can click below https://wbrc.com/2023/06/06/timeline-events-leading-up-extradition-joran-van-der-sloot/?outputType=amp

The hearing is now in session… The judge is now asking van der Sloot a series of questions and working to ensure he is aware of his rights.

Former US attorney @JayTownAlabama didn’t mince words on van der Sloot. “He has this sentence that will be another felony conviction on his record, and he still has Hell to look forward to… You can’t always bury someone under a prison even though they might deserve it.”

Town stresses that today’s hearing shows that you can’t escape American justice… and he applauds law enforcement and the court’s effort to find justice for the Holloway family.

Joran van der Sloot has now officially plead guilty to charges of wire fraud and extortion. The judge is now moving to the sentencing phase of this hearing

Van der Sloot is now speaking. “I would like to take this chance to apologize to the Holloway family,to apologize to my own family,” said Joran van der Sloot.

“I would like to say I am no longer that person… I have given my heart over to Jesus Christ.” Now, the court is moving to the victim impact portion of the hearing.

“You have finally admitted that you murdered her… You terminated her potential, her dreams and possibilities when you bludgeoned her to death,” said Beth Holloway.

“You are a killer and every time that jail cell closes I want you to remember that.” “Even though you have finally confessed and confirmed that you are my daughter’s killer you can’t be tried here for her murder.”

“I implore this court to give the maximum sentence… and by the way, you look like hell Joran. I don’t know how you’re going to make it.”

Beth Holloway has now returned to her seat… but not before glaring at Joran one last time, and thanking the judge.

Did he actually confess to bludgeoning Natalee? I see no tweets from the hearing saying that, only press releases from earlier in the day and him confessing to lying about her death during the hearing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back