ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who it does belong to,maybe another missing person visiting Aruba.
It does look old are there any other cases I wonder?

That's what I asked.

Why would shorts and flip flops be in a labyrinth of abandoned mines???

OK, I concede that some people are natural explorers, myself included, but geez...

Natalie, or another GG victim? Oh, before I say that I want to say, that's crazy!

I have found about 4 Facebook profiles that look fake and are being run by GG. I bet the FBI will find evidence of this on his computer. The purpose of the profiles are to appear to be an attractive female who wants to trade pics (nudes, etc.) with other women.

You'd think the FBI will figure it out.

Has there been any mention of ties to Canada with GG? Or being a pageant recruiter looking for models for it? Thanks.

I assume this may have been previously posted, but just in case, I think it's worth noting:

(name redacted by me)

<snip> said Giordano insisted on having her email password so he could ensure she was not seeing anyone else. If she said she was going to the grocery store, he would want photographic proof. Sometimes, she said, he would spy on her and text her details of her outfit so she knew he was watching. He even hid in the woods behind her home to watch her, dressing in a deer costume, she said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ast_n_926421.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner

Was it already mentioned here that Giordano had been arrested in 2003 for shoplifting? I found this information mentioned briefly in an article about him and then sleuthed an original article which describes the crime:

http://ww2.gazette.net/gazette_archive/2003/200319/germantown/news/157064-1.html

This is odd because it does not fit his profile of a rich playboy using his money to seduce young women with cruises and expensive vacations.

Was it already mentioned here that Giordano had been arrested in 2003 for shoplifting? I found this information mentioned briefly in an article about him and then sleuthed an original article which describes the crime:

http://ww2.gazette.net/gazette_archive/2003/200319/germantown/news/157064-1.html

This is odd because it does not fit his profile of a rich playboy using his money to seduce young women with cruises and expensive vacations.

Too bad they didn't follow through and give him the 15 years in jail for the theft, then he wouldn't have been out there scamming women and killing this woman in Aruba. They really need to stick with do the crime do the time motto.

08032011_SDP_FrontPage.jpg

Found on another site.

08032011_SDP_FrontPage.jpg

Found on another site.

Not sure what it says, but if that's GG with the swimshorts on, then the marks on his back do not appear to be sunburn. JMHO.

ETA: I zoomed in...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-14 at 6.11.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-14 at 6.11.57 PM.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 243
My intuition at this time tells me GG had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Except that her passport was found at the hotel (as I recall anyway )I would think it was a great way to disappear and start over.

I agree with other posters, something doesn't sit right about the boyfriend, he seems annoyed instead of concerned.

I'm still puzzled as to how GG makes his money. The HR-related website might have come from the grifting, self-satisfied mind of Josh Powell, and the amounts quoted don't add up to the house pictured, the cruises, trips to Aruba, posh gifts, etc. I wonder whether that's part of the reason the Feds are searching his place?

With respect to their relationship, I'm not sure that RG's tats or possible cosmetic surgery is remotely relevant to this case -- how people understand and pursue beauty is not an infallible marker to how they're likely to behave in a given situation. It seems like an old-fashioned crime of power and jealousy to me: older man working very hard to impress and seduce younger women -- the boyfriend part of the thrill -- and perhaps tiring her out and turning her off in the pursuit. He has a temper, she demurs, something goes wrong quickly. If it doesn't happen in Aruba but in small-town somewhere, we don't hear about it.

s

I would really love to have seen this guy's profile on match.com, to see what attracted a sophisticated woman of the world (my assumption) to him...also her profile...

I'm still puzzled as to how GG makes his money. The HR-related website might have come from the grifting, self-satisfied mind of Josh Powell, and the amounts quoted don't add up to the house pictured, the cruises, trips to Aruba, posh gifts, etc. I wonder whether that's part of the reason the Feds are searching his place?

s

Who is Josh Powell?

I am beginning to believe Giordano did not harm Robyn, even if he is a shady character.

Women have approached the media and Robyn's friend Forester with stories which give the impression Giordano lured woman to Aruba all the time, but it has been mentioned in various articles now that this was Giordano's first trip to Aruba, this has been confirmed by his lawyer.

Somehow I do not think Giordano freaked out over a messages "this sucks" or "we will work it out" which Gardner send to her boyfriend. It was Robyn who asked Giordano to take her away (problems with her boyfriend), he seems to still have the message "Take me out of here". It was known to Giordano she had a boyfriend for quite some time and this relationship did not went that well all the time, so why would he freak out.
I think the "this sucks" was intended for Forester, maybe he send a bothersome message to Robyn and that being her reply. Then the next day he send her another message and she replied not to worry, that they would work things out. Why would someone post a message "this sucks" out of the blue, without any details, I guess she was fed up with Forester, they already had been fighting prior to her departure, admitted by Forester.

It is not as if things were tense between Robyn and Giordano in Aruba, they had lunch at a nice beach location, no yelling and screaming mentioned, no police called (like with Forester). So why would he have a sudden rage while in the water?
(ALE claims they think Giordano played a role in her drowning).

He did report her missing shortly after she went missing, if he was in a mindset of rage and murdering Gardner I do not know if he would report her missing so soon, I would guess he would have taken his time and think what to do.

It was daytime, they were at the location he claims they were, or at least that afternoon.

Her boyfriend says Robyn would not have went into the water not to mess up her hair and makeup, so how then could Giordano have caused her drowning if she would not go into the sea to begin with, or maybe just in the water till her waist.
It was daytime, the sun would not set for one and a halve hours later, so Giordano would have murdered her in undeep water, daytime, then drift her out to sea and report her missing.

Soimehow that does not make sense. IMO

I believe that he killed her but not in the water. As Aruban LE has stated, they believe her body would have washed up or been found by now. That may or may not be true - the sea is a tricky and powerful force of nature - but I think she did not drown.

JMHO...

I don't know what to think one way or the other ... except ... that Aruba doesn't want to run into more problems with huge criticism for not doing everything they can to determine if a crime occurred. They are still at the point of investigating but if nothing turns up, after another 8 days he has to be released.

Is this Robyn in Aruba with GG sitting to the side.It looks like his shorts.If so she was
along for the ride and not even sitting with him. (6th picture down)

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/gallerie...d-woman-robyn-gardner-missing-in-aruba-081011

Then there is this account by Barb Perdew Markland:
I met Robyn and Gary on the beach in front of the Marriott Stellaris Hotel on Sunday, July 31. They had arrived on that day. My husband and I sat and spoke with them for awhile. They asked my husband and I about activities on the island.... Was shocked to see that this had happened, since we just spoke with them last Sunday, late afternoon. I am sure it was Robyn because I commented on her tatoo, indicating that I liked it. Didn't think they went together as a couple, as he was much older. She was also sitting kind of far away from him on the beach chair. She was nice. We were actually discussing the Natalee Holloway case. I will pray for her return.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-...68231061&set=o.230993886944552&type=1&theater

I am not trying to cut down the victim,but Robyn was playing a very dangerous game.Living with one guy who was the boyfriend and partying with the male friend.She had lost her job in a dental office,so had plenty of time to roam free.GG sent her tickets for a trip to Aruba and she accepted,telling her boyfriend she was going with friends or family.A man doesn't offer you a free trip to Aruba for nothing.I am sure he expected something in return.She texts her boyfriend and tells him she loves him and will try to work it out when she gets back.Considering GG has a history of domestic violence ,I would think he is somewhat possessive and demands attention.I think he read her texts somehow,maybe even grabbing the phone from her and that's when it all went downhill.

This is EXACTLY what I think happened. She's 35, not 18 - I would never take a trip with a man and not expect him to try and sleep with me. she probably thought she could lead him on and get things from him. I think he tried something, he was paying for everything there, got mad and violent when she rebuffed him.

Not blaming the victim at all, but I'm a few years younger than her and I wouldn't play these games with men anymore - maybe I would have tried it at 18 or 19 but at 35 you have to know what the deal is and I would expect her to have been around the block enough to know a guy's motives when he buys an incredibly beautiful woman a trip - no man does that just to "be nice" - there is always an angle.

I'd be interested to know what their sleeping situation was - were they sharing a room? a bed?

The man being held in Aruba in the disappearance of Robyn Gardner, a 35-year-old Frederick woman, was investigated by the Montgomery County (Maryland) State&#8217;s Attorney&#8217;s Office last year on allegations he stalked and harassed women, secretly videotaped their sexual encounters and posted the footage on the Internet, according to court documents.

The information emerges from documents related to a February 2010 peace order served against Gaithersburg resident Gary Giordano by a North Potomac woman.

The woman claimed Giordano threatened her with violence, telling authorities he said he would "terminate me" and told her "the world would be better off without me, and he could help." She also said Giordano posted pictures of her and letters about her on neighbors&#8217; mailboxes.

Giordano attempted to have the peace order -- which stipulated that, among other things, he could not publish compromising photos or vid-eos of the woman or comments about her on the Internet -- rescinded, but the court cited the then-open investigation in denying his petition.
http://bostonherald.com.nyud.net/ne...ed_to_stalking_case/srvc=home&position=recent

<modsnip>

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...is?caseId=0601SP006552010&loc=23&detailLoc=DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal