ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HS found this picture of GVG over the weekend ... where was it taken??
I don't know of any waters in the US that look like this. Is the water in the Keys this pale turquoise?

http://fubar.com/ggior/photo-3377664-0-1834397092

To me, this looks like the Caribbean Sea.

You're right, the only place in the US that has water like this is the Keys, really only on the Gulf side as well. I'm with you, I'd bet this is somewhere in the Caribbean

Not sure why everyone here is being this way about this woman..like 'she probably thought she could lead him on and get things from him'. Talking about her 'playing games' with this guy. WTF?? Who cares if she did play games, or go on trips for 'profit' or cheat on her boyfriend. Who the heck are YOU to judge her life. You don't know her life. I can't understand the righteous posts going on here. I was taken on a trip to New York at age 23 by a 'rich guy' who promised nothing but a trip. His brother, secretary, and another friend came along. I can assure you he did not make me 'pay' for the trip. So you know what, ppl do give trips without expecting something in return. Stop with the judging of this woman. Even if she did cheat on her boyfriend...she deserves to be killed????

BBM

GingBreade I don't think people here are judging this woman. They are trying to figure out what happened ... that's what we do here on Websleuths. People throw out ideas, people also listen to what the "players" in a case say. No one deserves to be killed, not even this woman.

The only thing I take from what people here are saying is this woman made some very risky mistakes. She knew that a woman in his past filed charges against him (according to her best friend/roommate) and he told her it was the other woman's fault. She (RG) chose (maybe) to believe that. She received numerous hateful and vile text messages from GVG (according to her best friend/roommate) she chose to overlook those. Your right we don't know her and never walked in her shoes. People make mistakes ALL the time. RG made a mistake by trusting this man. We only see it now because all the information is laid out in front of us on a platter.

Good people trust bad people all the time.

ETA: Sometimes when you play games (as you said above and seem to be ok with it) you get burned.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20518251,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

They must decide Monday whether to detain Giordano for at least eight more days. But his lawyer, Michael Lopez, says that's not necessary.

"Today, nine days later, [after] four voluntary interviews, two site visits, and more than 30 statements coming from different sources, including witnesses and professionals, we cannot deduce that there is hard proof to sustain a demand by the public prosecutor against our client," Lopez said in a statement. "No felony has been committed by him.

"http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/20110815/lawyer-aruba-tourist-gary-giordano-woman-robyn-gardner-110815/

Giordano is scheduled to appear before a judge Monday for a detention hearing. Aruban Solicitor General Taco Stein said Sunday that prosecutors intend to file a petition asking a judge to extend Giordano's detention for another eight days while authorities continue to investigate the case. Under the Aruban system, any charges would not be filed until later.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/15/familiar-spotlight-on-aruba-after-disappearance-stirs-up-local-frustration/

The disappearance of Robyn Gardner has brought the international media back to Aruba, and Arubans aren’t happy about it. After the prolonged investigation without resolution in the Natalee Holloway case the summer of 2005, tourism took a hit. The locals are nervous and not keen to see us again.

The Aruban government learned from its mistakes in the Holloway case. This time, immediately after Gardner was reported missing, a very aggressive search by land, sea and air was launched. The solicitor general, who is the spokesman for the prosecutor’s office, is readily available for interviews, and police quickly asked the FBI to assist their investigation in the U.S.

Another important difference? The person of interest is an American, not one of their own with ties to the justice system. The politics are not the same.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/15/familiar-spotlight-on-aruba-after-disappearance-stirs-up-local-frustration/

The disappearance of Robyn Gardner has brought the international media back to Aruba, and Arubans aren’t happy about it. After the prolonged investigation without resolution in the Natalee Holloway case the summer of 2005, tourism took a hit. The locals are nervous and not keen to see us again.

The Aruban government learned from its mistakes in the Holloway case. This time, immediately after Gardner was reported missing, a very aggressive search by land, sea and air was launched. The solicitor general, who is the spokesman for the prosecutor’s office, is readily available for interviews, and police quickly asked the FBI to assist their investigation in the U.S.

Another important difference? The person of interest is an American, not one of their own with ties to the justice system. The politics are not the same.

This time it is an American that is the perp not a local islander. I can just see them starring out at the water, dusting the sand off their shoes, saying to each other we did all we can do, time for a siesta.

I would be REALLY angry too if I were in the tourist business in Aruba. How many headlines have we seen by the not so mainstream media, "Another American Beauty goes missing in Aruba". (I won't name names here, we all know who's doing that kind of sensationalistic journalism). Enough is enough. This poor woman unfortunately misjudged what her friend was about, and sadly now she's dead and it has nothing whatsoever to do with Aruba, nor does it indicate that Aruba is an unsafe place for blonde women. It's not fair, or correct reporting.

I must admit after reading the following info on the dailymail my hink meter went up a few degrees about the ex-husband also. I hope the FBI is looking into any connection between the ex-husband and Giordano. Was he possibly a hit man for Robyn's ex-husband? Can Giordano and her ex be connected? I hope the FBI is looking into it.

News emerged on Friday Ms Gardner was in the middle of an alimony battle with her ex-husband, Kenneth Gardner, when she disappeared in Aruba.

The pair were divorced on May 6, 2009 after eleven years of marriage.

According to RadarOnline.com, Mr Gardner was ordered to pay his ex-wife $2,000 per month for 36 months and two lump sum payments of $15,000 in October of 2009 and 2010.

According to filings in the Circuit Court for Frederick County in Maryland, Mr Gardner petitioned to modify the alimony earlier this year, which Ms gardner opposed.

A settlement conference with a mediator is scheduled for October 7, 2011.

Prior to their separation, the couple lived in luxury suburban Washington, D.C. According to Radar, their their home had two mortgages, however, and Mr Gardner lost his job with a construction company.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...exts-missing-Aruba-tourist.html#ixzz1V6imdLV0

I have a feeling that in the end he (GVG) will walk free from all of this. The signs are written all over the wall.

ETA: In Aruba.

However once he get's back here to the US he may face charges if they found any seedy stuff in his house/computer. One can only hope this woman get's justice and if it comes from elsewhere (like stuff seized from the home) then so be it. This man has tormented way to many women.

b_600_509_0_1___images_stories_news_2011_aug_aug11_car.jpg

http://arubaherald.com/911/800-new-...ce-of-robyn-gardner-was-driving-in-aruba.html

Sounds like he would have possibly needed a GPS to get to the cliff area. That would be retrievable on the unit. Does this car come with one?

I see posts about people reading others texts and I can't help but think that most people have smart phones and if not, have the ability to put a lock on their phone, preventing anyone from accessing the phone and contents in it. If she could access FB (I'm assuming from her phone) then she had a smart phone.

I think that most people lock their phones - especially someone in that position - where she is texting another man. I lock mine all the time and it's on auto lock. Someone could go on there and buy a whole lot of stuff and I would be screwed. It gives you 10 tries then it deletes everything in the phone. Also, I would think if she didn't lock it, she would delete the text, knowing full well that things were going downhill fast.

Unless GG was so controlling that he made her remove the lock. She doesn't strike me as someone who would say sure thing - not likely when she's texting the BF.

As for FB, GG could have easily seen that post, unless she de-friended him and made her settings private.

:twocents: I have never locked my phone, DH doesn't lock his phone and I honestly have never heard of anyone doing so.

Really, its not hard to find your way around
Aruba is roughly 19 miles by six miles at its widest point

It's possible to find your way around the island on your own, even find the cliffs and gold mines..however, without knowing exactly where you are going, you would have to drive around a while and through small neighborhoods, with dirt roads, and jagged rocks in the road. That car posted could make it, and with a gps you can almost assuredly find it. Another question is, we have the time where he reported her missing, and the last time she was seen, however, if she was dumped off the cliffs in the known timeframe, there would almost certainly be people at the cliffs taking in the sights etc...someone would've seen them in my opinion. Leads me to think, she was not dumped at the cliffs, unless it was late at night

It's possible to find your way around the island on your own, even find the cliffs and gold mines..however, without knowing exactly where you are going, you would have to drive around a while and through small neighborhoods, with dirt roads, and jagged rocks in the road. That car posted could make it, and with a gps you can almost assuredly find it. Another question is, we have the time where he reported her missing, and the last time she was seen, however, if she was dumped off the cliffs in the known timeframe, there would almost certainly be people at the cliffs taking in the sights etc...someone would've seen them in my opinion. Leads me to think, she was not dumped at the cliffs, unless it was late at night

Point yourself in the direction of the lighthouse and drive.
You will see cliffs and rough seas everywhere.

For all we know, they could have been in that area prior to the day she disappeared. He may have know exactly where to go. However...

I am not certain about the cliff area being the place either.

Many drownings have taken place in these areas, whether its drug runners or tourists

Bodies do wash up with the incoming tide

:twocents: I have never locked my phone, DH doesn't lock his phone and I honestly have never heard of anyone doing so.

My 17 y/o does. She keeps her phone in her pocket. It's a touch screen smart phone, so that keeps the "butt dialing" to a minimum. The girls these days (at least around here) do not carry handbag/purses anymore. Everything goes in the pockets. Baffles my mind!

According to HLN GVG is heading into Aruba court now, it will be a closed hearing.

I think he did not have time to effectively discard the body any other way than off a cliff.

IMO, GG needed seclusion both for the rape and for the discarding of the body into the ocean. Where on the island is he able to do that?

aruba.jpg

ETA: Not the right hotel, disregard that circle.

I think he did not have time to effectively discard the body any other way than off a cliff.

IMO, GG needed seclusion both for the rape and for the discarding of the body into the ocean. Where on the island is he able to do that?

The problem for me is , she was last seen around four and he reported her missing around six twenty

Unless he hid the body after whatever happened, happened, he was taking a chance being seen almost anywhere he went at that time of day

I don't know where he would find that kind of seclusion, without any worries of someone coming upon them

Its still light at that time of evening, sun sets around sevenish

This may be posted and if so I apologize....
Is it correct that no snorkeling gear was found and no record of him renting any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper