ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps women who go through that kind of humiliation would rather let it slide , try to forget it happened

Men like GG count on it

Yeah I think that's what happened. Or he settled it with some cash.

I can't help but wonder if robyn had no idea about the kind of man she was travelling with.
And then realizes it while in a foreign country.
If so, she must have been very frightened

Men like GG can be charming... until something sets them off

One message to her boyfriend said "This sucks"

Is this guy leaving Aruba ? I just caught the end of something on the news and thought that's what I'd heard.

Really? Is this a serous question?:waitasec:

I think anything is possible. I'll never forget the story connected with Natalie of the people who saw a woman in a white car being held by two guys and she looked like Natalie and appeared drugged.(Please don't ask me for the link cause I'm not going to try to find it.)

As crooked as this guy is I suspect he would be very interested in selling someone as a sex slave. The date rape drug would make them unable to defend themselves.

all of the above is my opinion only

The fact is: match.com is NOT what it was 5 years ago. Several of my friends and family met their spouses on match.com, back when it was reputable (early 2000's up until 2006) It's well known from LA to Atlanta it's referred to "hookup.com". With that said, last year after my divorce, match.com was recommended to me. While on the first dates, many attractive, successful (and some not so much) men were interested in me... interested in a hookup. On particular man, who is in the entertainment industry, very handsome and early 40's wanted to take me to Los Cabos to his private villa after 4 dates! RED FLAGS!!! Ain't no way I'm going ANYWHERE with some dude I met online. And I'm glad I didn't... he was a coke-head as I found out after another date. It's all about using common sense. In my opinion, after a year of knowing this man she met on match.com (GG), Ms. Gardner was fully aware of what she was dealing with. Regardless of whether GG was just a friend, NO MAN is going to a tropical island with a pretty woman who is 15 years younger than him without expecting something in return. That is a FACT. IMHO, Ms. Gardner was burning both ends of the candle in regards to having a boyfriend and going on a trip with a man she met on match.com. Regardless, she doesn't deserve to have anything horrible happen to her.

FYI HLN news is featuring this case after this commercial.

The fact is: match.com is NOT what it was 5 years ago. Several of my friends and family met their spouses on match.com, back when it was reputable (early 2000's up until 2006) It's well known from LA to Atlanta it's referred to "hookup.com". With that said, last year after my divorce, match.com was recommended to me. While on the first dates, many attractive, successful (and some not so much) men were interested in me... interested in a hookup. On particular man, who is in the entertainment industry, very handsome and early 40's wanted to take me to Los Cabos to his private villa after 4 dates! RED FLAGS!!! Ain't no way I'm going ANYWHERE with some dude I met online. And I'm glad I didn't... he was a coke-head as I found out after another date. It's all about using common sense. In my opinion, after a year of knowing this man she met on match.com (GG), Ms. Gardner was fully aware of what she was dealing with. Regardless of whether GG was just a friend, NO MAN is going to a tropical island with a pretty woman who is 15 years younger than him without expecting something in return. That is a FACT. IMHO, Ms. Gardner was burning both ends of the candle in regards to having a boyfriend and going on a trip with a man she met on match.com. Regardless, she doesn't deserve to have anything horrible happen to her.

Wow Trubie you were so smart! I didn't realize that she had known him for a year. Is it true that Match.com had received several complaints about him and had not removed his account? I am so scared of these dating sites.

from what I understand...GG does not have a facbook account. Her brother does, and so does Richard F. I also understand that GG has to stay on the island till this weekend, then the judge will determine if he has to stay longer. Thats from everything that I have read.

They just said they have called off the search??? Wonder what that means?

Wow Trubie you were so smart! I didn't realize that she had known him for a year. Is it true that Match.com had received several complaints about him and had not removed his account? I am so scared of these dating sites.

People should be leary of online dating sites. There are more freaks out there than there are sane, nice invdividuals, in my experience.

Again, this is just my opinion... I believe that after being let go from her job, Ms. Gardner had the chance to go on a great vacation for free with someone she knew was questionable. I also believe GG may have caught her texting the "This sucks." to her boyfriend and GG flew into a rage. (A similar situation happened to me... on a trip with my ex-quasi-boyfriend, I was in the shower and a text alert came thru my phone. It was from a potential new suitor. Ex-quasi-boyfriend was livid! I immediately left the hotel room, got my own room and broke up with him.)

They just said they have called off the search??? Wonder what that means?[/QUOT

It means that Aruba doesn't care.
It means that they don't want to spend the money to search.
It means that they don't want another black eye after the Holloway case that they botched so badly.
It means they only care about taking your money, not spending their money on a missing person case.

They let murderers go so they can go on to murder again.

It sounds like the family is very thankful for what is being done on Aruba:

Robyn Gardner's family has released this statement:

"Our daughter Robyn has been missing since August 2, 2011. We can only pray that she will soon be with us and bring back the joy into our lives. She means the world to us. We are hoping for the very best outcome with the help of the international community that we will reach a favorable outcome. We are confident very grateful to the Aruba authorities and volunteers who are working above and beyond all our expectations. I hope you understand that we are being quiet as to not jeopardize the investigation. Please continue to pray for Robyn. Thank you."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/11/earlyshow/main20091091.shtml

Wow, seems a bit soon to call of the search for this young woman...in light of little evidence to show she was even near the water (from what I've read thus far). It just doesn't seem right to stop searching when they have a potential killer in custody.

Frustrating this is, just frustrating!

MOO

Mel

They just said they have called off the search??? Wonder what that means?[/QUOT

It means that Aruba doesn't care.
It means that they don't want to spend the money to search.
It means that they don't want another black eye after the Holloway case that they botched so badly.
It means they only care about taking your money, not spending their money on a missing person case.

They let murderers go so they can go on to murder again.

This is a bit unfair, don't you think?

She was reported missing on the 2nd. Today is the 11th. It's not Aruba's fault and it's not Aruba's missing citizen. The accused isn't from Aruba either.

How many people are missing right now, today, in the USA that have no one searching for them? Would you make the same comments as you did about Aruba about us??

I was a little surprised that NG was playing down the fact that Robyn was taking a free trip with this guy. Everyone knows there's no such thing as a free trip with a guy ... there's always a hidden agenda or set of expectations, yet NG made it sound like it was quite acceptable for a woman to accept a free trip from a guy. She's sending out the wrong message.

OMG Have I lost the other thread or have they been combined into one?

IIRC, this discussion started out on the "Crimes In the News" board and is now on the "Missing" board. Perhaps some posts have been merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj