ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info continues to come in on GG past. I've lost count of how many previous women have come forward or who have known court/police dealings with him now.

Family law attorney Gail Landau represented one woman who swore out a Peace Order against Giordano in 2010. According to an application for a search warrant, Giordano was arrested April 28, 2010 after one woman accused him of strangling her during sex, an encounter investigators said was on video. According to the application, the victim "was struck several times in the head, face buttocks and legs." She was also "digitally choked and subjected to manual strangulation during the event."

Another alleged victim claimed Giordano secretly videotaped her and "threatened to publish and distribute the recordings."
Giordano's place was searched last year as part of the investigation into the accusations. One of his neighbors said, "I just know that he has done some strange things. Nobody really wants to divulge what it is."

The search warrant ordered investigators to seize any other tapes in the home -- which has a security camera on the roof and a sign warning visitors they will be video and audio recorded at all times -- that might depict other victims of Gary Giordano.

In the end, prosecutors dropped both cases when victims declined to go forward.

Giordano then meet Robyn Gardner on Match.com and they went on a getaway to Aruba. Her roommate in Frederick talked to the CBS Early Show on Thursday.

Thursday, in Gaithersburg, another alleged victim told 9NEWS NOW she dated Giordano briefly and was also terrified by his behavior, but did not go to police.

Landau's client, who does not want to be identified, remains afraid, but is reconsidering the possibility of moving forward with a criminal case against him if he returns from Aruba, Landau says.

http://wusa9.com/news/article/162086/373/Details-Surface-About-Missing-Womans-Traveling-Partner

The cause of death is likely strangulation, which will be visible in the autopsy if they can find the body.

I hear ya; no one would ever describe ME in that way, lol.

However, I DO know women who are all about 'Happy Hour' same time every day. For one, it's 5:00pm religiously, for an aunt by marriage, it is 3:00pm. These women are dressed and 'done-up', hand out and ready to begin their evening. Hair and full complement of makeup ALWAYS. My sweet husband thinks they are creatures from an alien planet, lol.

I can visualize this being the case here also. Plus, she and her boyfriend have been seeing each other long enough that he has probably experienced plenty of these occasions with her. She may be the sort that NEVER lets water splash her face for fear her face will ooze off into the pool. :)

On NG last night they said she had extensions glued in...there is no way she would put her head in the water with extensions glued in....that is a very important point supporting the BFs feeling's of her not going snorkeling. He said anytime they went away she would go up to her waist in water...that's it.

also has it been mentioned here that GG had is own snorkeling gear...and she would have had to rent some...and there are no places that remember renting any to her. The one they went up to that night said they looked but didn't rent anything. That was on NG last night.

Is it just me or is Forester's story changing? I haven't heard this version before that she said to him she was going to Orlando (of all places.)

Somebody earlier made the point that last message at 3 p.m. Tuesday August 2nd could have been written by the killer. I think that's a good possibility. I am still trying to establish when she was last seen with exact time of day by someone other than this predator. From the other part of the interview, it sounds like Forester was plying her with emails and messages trying to elicit a response, and the killer may have sent this to calm him down.

The message given Tuesday morning at 2 a.m. on his FB wall "This sucks" is obviously her.

Article also mentions her return flight was supposed to be Thursday, August 4th. She was reported missing on Tuesday, August 2nd at 6:30 p.m. She arrived in Aruba Sunday, July 31st.

I watched/listened to JVM on HLN earlier and was struck by how many times "the boyfriend" referred to Robyn in the past tense. He's established himself to the media as Robyn's "boyfriend", but he mentioned that he's moved and given her cats and other belongings to Robyn's brother. Sounds to me like the pair weren't going to be living together any more, so just how close were Forester and Gardner before Robyn left for Aruba with a guy that she met online? I hope local LE are taking a close look at "the boyfriend". jmo

Nancy Grace is covering this story tonight. Starting now on HLN.

I'm already pizzed that NG is referring to Robyn as a "girl": She's a 35-year-old woman!

Tonight at 9 PM ET

Former detective Stacy Dittrich, crime analyst Sheryl McCollum, and Profiler Pat Brown discuss the latest in the Robyn Gardner! Listen here: http://t.co/kGnFu9j

Is it just me or is Forester's story changing? I haven't heard this version before that she said to him she was going to Orlando (of all places.)

Somebody earlier made the point that last message at 3 p.m. Tuesday August 2nd could have been written by the killer. I think that's a good possibility. I am still trying to establish when she was last seen with exact time of day by someone other than this predator. From the other part of the interview, it sounds like Forester was plying her with emails and messages trying to elicit a response, and the killer may have sent this to calm him down.

The message given Tuesday morning at 2 a.m. on his FB wall "This sucks" is obviously her.

Article also mentions her return flight was supposed to be Thursday, August 4th. She was reported missing on Tuesday, August 2nd at 6:30 p.m. She arrived in Aruba Sunday, July 31st.

While I don't think Forester is responsible for Robyn's disappearance, but I do think he's overblowing his importance in her life, perhaps for sympathy/attention.

In some articles, it states the two had been dating for 2.5 years. Other places it states they've been together 6 months (if that's true, Robyn met GG before she even started seeing Forester). I've read they had just moved in together, but seen elsewhere that they had merely "discussed" marriage and living together.

In addition, as someone else stated, way up thread, Forester reached out to Robyn's brother on FB when he became concerned about her. If they had been in this super-serious relationship for the 2.5 years, would he not be well enough acquainted with Robyn's family to pick up the phone and call? Especially if he was concerned for her overall safety/well-being.

Wow some of the tidbits on NG on this guy. He is bad news

While I don't think Forester is responsible for Robyn's disappearance, but I do think he's overblowing his importance in her life, perhaps for sympathy/attention.

In some articles, it states the two had been dating for 2.5 years. Other places it states they've been together 6 months (if that's true, Robyn met GG before she even started seeing Forester). I've read they had just moved in together, but seen elsewhere that they had merely "discussed" marriage and living together.

In addition, as someone else stated, way up thread, Forester reached out to Robyn's brother on FB when he became concerned about her. If they had been in this super-serious relationship for the 2.5 years, would he not be well enough acquainted with Robyn's family to pick up the phone and call? Especially if he was concerned for her overall safety/well-being.

I posted this above:

I watched/listened to JVM on HLN earlier and was struck by how many times "the boyfriend" referred to Robyn in the past tense. He's established himself to the media as Robyn's "boyfriend", but he mentioned that he's moved and given her cats and other belongings to Robyn's brother. Sounds to me like the pair weren't going to be living together any more, so just how close were Forester and Gardner before Robyn left for Aruba with a guy that she met online? I hope local LE are taking a close look at "the boyfriend". jmo

I thought Forester's original story was that he was on the phone with Gardner, thinking she was in Orlando with family, and that he heard static and beeping on the line, tipping him off that it was an international call. When he questioned her about where she really was, she stated her family had surprised her by taking her to Aruba at the last minute.

That's not what he's saying now... or at least it isn't what he's claiming to Matt Lauer on the Today Show:

Forester said Gardner sent him an email while in Aruba saying she had a change of plans from visiting family in Florida.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44102...t/boyfriend-fears-safety-woman-missing-aruba/

Again, I don't think he's involved, but I really don't think Robyn was in quite as "serious" a relationship with Forester as he claims.

Has her family said anything about him or their relationship?

JMO

I posted this above:

I'm totally with you. I can't figure out how the boyfriend could be involved, having been so far away when Robyn disappeared, but at best he's over-exaggerating the relationship he has with Robyn. Something's off with his changing stories, IMO.

Wow some of the tidbits on NG on this guy. He is bad news

Keep us posted, Coldpizza! I have a standing NO NANCY GRACE policy, but I'm not above gnawing on whatever you hear from her!

I agree with the portion I've bolded. Of course, no one deserves to die or be missing or whatever the case is here, but you would think a woman of her age would realize that if a man wants to take you on an exotic island vacation, it's not just for conversation, and so maybe she shouldn't have gone with someone that she clearly did not know very well. I can imagine that she was probably aware of what might be expected of her, but I believe she didn't realize he was straight up psycho, and that part isn't her fault.

It's not Robyn's fault at all. I think some women do believe that an innocent "friends" type vacation is possible, but when they're actually on the vacation things change quickly. NG knows better, and I think she should have been sending that message. Instead, her agenda seemed to be about Aruba doing something wrong. For example, NG identified the nearby quiet beach as the location where she went missing rather than the more dangerous beach where the two were snorkelling. NG had her guests talk about how ridiculous it was for someone to disappear while snorkelling in quiet, shallow water, but that is not what the situation was.

Richard Forrester on now. The man had been offering free trips to other women per NG

RF. its hard not knowing, please come forward if you know this man;

This man is not right

she has a gmail account with a chat feature, after she went missing it went green, orange and gray, meaning status if online or not

It's not Robyn's fault at all. I think some women do believe that an innocent "friends" type vacation is possible, but when they're actually on the vacation things change quickly. NG knows better, and I think she should have been sending that message. Instead, her agenda seemed to be about Aruba doing something wrong. For example, NG identified the nearby quiet beach as the location where she went missing rather than the more dangerous beach where the two were snorkelling. NG had her guests talk about how ridiculous it was for someone to disappear while snorkelling in quiet, shallow water, but that is not what the situation was.

I agree that it isn't Robyn's fault if something horrible did in fact happen to her (and sadly, I believe it did). That being said, it is SOOOOO important to empower women to make better decisions for ourselves! It starts and ends with us, and we have to do a better job at avoiding compromising situations.

In my humble opinion, I find it difficult to fathom Robyn (she seems very intelligent) believing she was heading on a platonic trip to Aruba with a man she met on Match.com. They call it a dating site for a reason- and one has to pay to join (don't ask me how I know this. LOL :D)... Why would a beautiful, wildly popular woman join a dating site to meet platonic friends? Especially since that's where she met her current bf, Forester.

Caller asking if she did a background check?

Thank this post if you do a background check before dateing??????

I'm married so no need

Just going to try to piece this together a little more, speculation mixed in.

Sounds like Robyn was stringing Forester along. He was being used and is in denial. Robyn appears to have been "using" GG though obviously he had much more sinister motives at play. Robyn thought she was playing him but little did she know what he was capable of.

Something must have happened that Monday night, the night of "this sucks." He got angry at her over something. They probably both had been drinking. Something caused him to erupt. She then felt very uncomfortable and sought to reach out to a safe point, Forester. Perhaps they had argued while out partying in Aruba that night, maybe she flirted with another man, he got angry, she sends her "this sucks" message, they get back to the room, she refuses sex, and the storm within him starts to really brew. Then he catches her messaging Forester that she loves him, blows up with rage, and he then takes her for a drive and strangles her, disposes of body, reports her missing, etc.

The Holloways flew in cadaver dogs, maybe the Gardners should do the same. Justice for their daughter may depend on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95