ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering now why Robyn lost her job in a dental office. Maybe it's nothing significant, but I would like to hear from the dentist or office manager that let Robyn go and for what reason.

RE: Nancy Grace program. I'm wondering why no one is commenting on the photo taken of her on the rocky surface with her back arched up? Who took that photo?

I have to wonder if Giordano told her that he wanted to take photos of her in Aruba?

Caller asking if she did a background check?

Thank this post if you do a background check before dateing??????

I'm married so no need

I'm married NOW... but was a single mom for several years. I always did background checks... and save for their father, I'm happy to report my little ones never met another man until they met the one I married.

I agree that it isn't Robyn's fault if something horrible did in fact happen to her (and sadly, I believe it did). That being said, it is SOOOOO important to empower women to make better decisions for ourselves! It starts and ends with us, and we have to do a better job at avoiding compromising situations.

In my humble opinion, I find it difficult to fathom Robyn (she seems very intelligent) believing she was heading on a platonic trip to Aruba with a man she met on Match.com. They call it a dating site for a reason- and one has to pay to join (don't ask me how I know this. LOL :D)... Why would a beautiful, wildly popular woman join a dating site to meet platonic friends? Especially since that's where she met her current bf, Forester.

Well. well, well thats a loaded question, perhaps she is longing for more in her life, she has had a taste for wealth, she also needs devotion which her BF gave her but hes not accustomed to the fast life she may enjoy. She wants to settle but not sure how. She has had an internet life with this man and BF doesn't know. Basically, perhaps she has lived a torn and double life. She may have opted for the fun and high life over security and lost her life because of it.

lol, thought dh wasn't listening, but he just stood up and said " I dont know about you but isn't your hinky meter pegged out on this guy?" I about fell off the bed!!

I, too, have been to Aruba several times and consider it among my favorite winter travel destinations. DH and I will spend a day there in January as part of a southern Caribbean cruise. The ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao) are beautiful resorts, and it's a shame that the risky behaviors of female tourists gives these fabulous vacation spots a bad reputation. There are a few islands in the Caribbean that I don't like because I don't feel safe visiting them, but Aruba isn't on the list.

BBM

Couldn't agree more!!! Hope you enjoy your time in Aruba in January!!

lol, thought dh wasn't listening, but he just stood up and said " I dont know about you but isn't your hinky meter pegged out on this guy?" I about fell off the bed!!

My hinky meter rises with everything I hear about GG! I'm also beginning to think that RG's family, roomie, friends, and especially the "boyfriend" were unaware of Robyn's "other life" ;) jmo

JMO - I think that maybe she had a second job, perhaps as a model for GG's photography, for which she was either paid, or in exchange, given a free trip to Aruba.

My hinky meter rises with everything I hear about GG! I'm also beginning to think that RG's family, roomie, friends, and especially the "boyfriend" were unaware of Robyn's "other life" ;) jmo

I agree with you, I believe she is very pretty but at the same time very insecure and needs to feed stability in her life, but at the same time not yet ready to commit because of her insecurities. She wants the white picket fence but feels she is not worthy. I know thats deep but my:twocents:

I agree with you, I believe she is very pretty but at the same time very insecure and needs to feed stability in her life, but at the same time not yet ready to commit because of her insecurities. She wants the white picket fence but feels she is not worthy. I know thats deep but my:twocents:

I totally agree..

And this poor guy (the bf) is being put thru the ringer. Bless his heart.

I totally agree..

And this poor guy (the bf) is being put thru the ringer. Bless his heart.

He is opening up and talking a lot more on Dr Drew than he did on NG.

IMO - Given the comments made by friends that she was very meticulous about her makeup and her appearance not being messed up, I think she probably enjoyed being a model for photography.

Remember how many girls/women fall for some predator who tells them they are very photogenic and should be models.

I think they need to search the other side of the island, still near the lower 'tip' but the contrast in the terrain and water of the east vs. west coast of Aruba is really incredible. IF this guy did something, could he have put her there, on the east side, knowing her body would (pardon me) get beat up pretty bad by the terrain/rocks? Of course, I am no expert on tides etc, but from what I understand anything placed on the west coast would go towards Venezuela (15 miles away) but just because I know that doesnt mean he did.

Also, I know I heard they were staying at the Marriott but are there two? If it is the one I stayed in once, for their trip that far south they would have had to pass through the little shops area near the cruise ships, Little Switzerland and some very ritzy jewelry and clothing stores - on a tight two lane street that traffic always seemed to 'jam up' there the times I have been. Could a surveillance camera maybe have caught the car heading south at the times he would claim they were, hopefully showing her riding in the passenger seat? I'd be willing to bet the video cameras from the hotel they were staying have already been checked to see if they walked out together.

He's definitely Creepy McCreeps, IMO.

Sorting out what that "other life" was about should be quite revealing. Nothing, NOTHING excuses murder, but it does seem she increased her risks by the actions she chose. I am not surprised at her bf distancing himself quickly. He probably would have anyway on figuring out her lies, even if she had NOT disappeared. Who could blame him? He clearly could not trust her to not expose him to deadly risks. There's a pretty huge disrespect there, outside of the disrespectful lying.

Sorting out what that "other life" was about should be quite revealing. Nothing, NOTHING excuses murder, but it does seem she increased her risks by the actions she chose. I am not surprised at her bf distancing himself quickly. He probably would have anyway on figuring out her lies, even if she had NOT disappeared. Who could blame him? He clearly could not trust her to not expose him to deadly risks. There's a pretty huge disrespect there, outside of the disrespectful lying.

The is a huge dont do anything you dont want on the front page of the newspaper situation. Respectfully. How sad for all involved. And for Aruba as well.

While I don't think Forester is responsible for Robyn's disappearance, but I do think he's overblowing his importance in her life, perhaps for sympathy/attention.

In some articles, it states the two had been dating for 2.5 years. Other places it states they've been together 6 months (if that's true, Robyn met GG before she even started seeing Forester). I've read they had just moved in together, but seen elsewhere that they had merely "discussed" marriage and living together.

In addition, as someone else stated, way up thread, Forester reached out to Robyn's brother on FB when he became concerned about her. If they had been in this super-serious relationship for the 2.5 years, would he not be well enough acquainted with Robyn's family to pick up the phone and call? Especially if he was concerned for her overall safety/well-being.

I think he is overstating his relationship with her. If he was in a serious relationship and believed that she was with her parents, then when she failed to return at the alloted time and he heard nothing from her, you would think that he would immediately contact the parents to see if plans had changed. His changing story is also a bit suspect, unless it is just a case of poor reporting (which isn't that unusual).

Her relationship with GG is also odd. What 35 year old woman goes on a foreign vacation with a 50 year old man she knows casually, at the same time she when has a long term boyfriend, who is talking marriage, and he knows nothing about it? It is not like she is a church girl, the huge tat on her arm puts paid to that idea, she knows the score. So what was she doing there? you kind of have to wonder if it was a "paid" trip, and therefore the BF knew nothing about it. Or maybe he does but can't come out and say it, because, its sort of illegal. So he has to say other stuff. It would also explain why GG didn't seem to care all that much, if he was paying she would be doing what he wanted to do, filling out his fantasy vacation, and if she got swept out to sea while doing that he wouldn't be particularly emotional about it. In fact, he would probably want to get out of Dodge ASAP.

Very strange anyway, there is a subtext to this story that is hard to figure out. Perhaps when more of the truth comes out we will get a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member