ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire the family for not getting on TV and making a spectacle of themselves, their missing daughter and the investigation.

Linked upthread: Statement from the Family:

""We are confident and very grateful to the Aruba authorities and volunteers who are working above and beyond all our expectations," the statement read in part. "I hope you understand that we are being quiet as not to jeopardize the investigation. Please continue to pray for Robin. Thank you."

Then the woman found out that Giordano had secretly filmed the two having sex and posted intimate images of her on the Internet, Landau said in court filings in connection with the woman’s restraining order. The woman confronted Giordano, who responded by placing indecent photos of her inside the mailboxes of about five of her neighbors, Landau said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...to-the-census/2011/08/11/gIQAJchp8I_blog.html

MO A sick and dangerous man

Wow, that's for sure. The other stalking story in that article is telling too:

Another woman who dated Giordano, Jeanette Farago, said in an interview with The Washington Post that Giordano stalked and harassed her while they both lived in Montgomery County. At one point, Farago said, Giordano offered to take her on a two-week cruise and bought her a ticket, but she refused to go. Giordano also showed up outside her window wearing a deer mask and illuminated his face with a cigarette lighter, she said. “He was just really creepy and scary,” Farago said. “He scared the bejesus out of me.

While it's unfortunate that the women who could have pursued charges against this creep didn't, I don't blame them. He sounds like an extremely manipulative and scary person, and that when these women realized this, attempts to confront or reject him were met with escalated intimidation and threatening behavior. I'd like to think the police and justice system would offer these women protection, but if I imagine myself in their shoes (and this psycho, lurking outside my window in the dark, wearing a deer mask :shudder: ), I can also see that it may not be entirely clear what the right -- or safest -- path of action might be.

I also wonder if the same situation occurred about the trip that this second woman described - Was it planned, or did he buy the tickets and spring it on her? If she thought it was too intense or weird, would she have said no? Or might she have felt awkward or pressured into it in some way? In any case, she obviously agreed to go, but I think the element of manipulation could offer a different take on her potential motivations for going and lying about it.

Wow, that's for sure. The other stalking story in that article is telling too:

While it's unfortunate that the women who could have pursued charges against this creep didn't, I don't blame them. He sounds like an extremely manipulative and scary person, and that when these women realized this, attempts to confront or reject him were met with escalated intimidation and threatening behavior. I'd like to think the police and justice system would offer these women protection, but if I imagine myself in their shoes (and this psycho, lurking outside my window in the dark, wearing a deer mask :shudder: ), I can also see that it may not be entirely clear what the right -- or safest -- path of action might be.

I also wonder if the same situation occurred about the trip that this second woman described - Was it planned, or did he buy the tickets and spring it on her? If she thought it was too intense, would she have said no? Or might she have felt awkward or pressured into it? In any case, she obviously agreed to go, but I think the element of manipulation could offer a different take on her potential motivations for going and lying about it.

Her roommate knew that she was taking the trip wiith GVG and asked "why", but that didn't stop Robyn. She had time to think about it and followed through.

What is the significance of using the face of a deer in a mask? Does it have any underlying symbolism?

He tried to get another woman to go on a trip with him, at least one other woman, before Robyn. And, he sent angry texts to Robyn when she wouldn't go on the cruise.
Why was he so eager to get these women away on cruises, etc.? Did he have plans for photography sessions that he could later sell online? Did he want to sell the women to some other party? What?

:floorlaugh:
Dr Drew said to check out a new guys medicine cabinet! hmmm-:innocent:
I dunno... the boyfriend she was living with seems controlling to me.
sounds like she might have been between a rock and a hard place maybe?

I noticed the boyfriend seem quick in his responses and seemed to have all the "right answers". Both times police were called he had the same story. That she was drunk, yelled out, police came, and then left because there was nothing wrong.

He tried to get another woman to go on a trip with him, at least one other woman, before Robyn. And, he sent angry texts to Robyn when she wouldn't go on the cruise.
Why was he so eager to get these women away on cruises, etc.? Did he have plans for photography sessions that he could later sell online? Did he want to sell the women to some other party? What?

Guys do it to isolate women from family, friends and self-reliance ... and to then break them down through psychological abuse and, in this case, what could be physical abuse and murder. GVG is probably a serious controller.

I noticed the boyfriend seem quick in his responses and seemed to have all the "right answers". Both times police were called he had the same story. That she was drunk, yelled out, police came, and then left because there was nothing wrong.

If the police were called to his place twice, and she lived with her roommate - although she spent a lot of time at his place, does that mean that he called the police on her twice?

If the police were called to his place twice, and she lived with her roommate - although she spent a lot of time at his place, does that mean that he called the police on her twice?

I think neighbors heard screaming and called one of the times. The other happened at the beach I believe he said.

----------------

I'll tell you why it freaks me out. Have you ever seen the film: "Eyes Wide Shut"? Lots of masks.
yes!
BINGO!!!
Tom Cruise was in it right? maybe I am remembering the wrong movie

Guys do it to isolate women from family, friends and self-reliance ... and to then break them down through psychological abuse and, in this case, what could be physical abuse and murder. GVG is probably a serious controller.

Yes, I understand, all too well. This might also translate into sexual sadism.

So, I knew that. However, I'm asking this: Was there ultimate monetary gain for him?

So, I knew that. However, I'm asking this: Was there ultimate monetary gain for him?

And was there monetary gain for HER also?

I do not like where my brain is going... :puke:
do we know for sure he was a photographer?
and had a history of beating women on tape?
lived in a stone fortress?

yup Imma SICK!

eta: wonder if he mailed anything home from Aruba?

I think neighbors heard screaming and called one of the times. The other happened at the beach I believe he said.

Thanks. If there was that level of conflict, it's probably a good thing that they were parting ways - at least until she went to Aruba, but it looks like she jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Perhaps. If he video taped women in his home, he was possibly connected with distributing that video or possibly photos, but we haven't heard anything about selling the images that he made ... yet.

And was there monetary gain for HER also?

If she thought that she was modeling for a magazine or some other promotional material, then she would have thought that there was money in it. Still, at the age of 35, it's a bit late to be starting a real modeling career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ