ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation from my part: GVG might have been the one sending that last email.

Or the boyfriend.

Even if GVG was sending her the last email, it doesn't explain why her email was active for another 24-36 hours after she was reported missing.

The fact that her email was open for a day or so after she was reported missing cannot be explained by her using the account ... therefore someone else was using the acct. and the boyfriend seems a little clueless ... so it wasn't him.

Otto, what planet are you from? This is bollocks mate.

No ... I'll stand behind it: "Social media is extremely high risk for meeting potential life partners and is not normal. Social media is common for people to stay in touch, but meeting strangers on the internet and flying into the sunset is a bit like Looking for Mr Goodbar ... even in the internet age. Utilizing people never works."

Just going to try to piece this together a little more, speculation mixed in.

Sounds like Robyn was stringing Forester along. He was being used and is in denial. Robyn appears to have been "using" GG though obviously he had much more sinister motives at play. Robyn thought she was playing him but little did she know what he was capable of.

Something must have happened that Monday night, the night of "this sucks." He got angry at her over something. They probably both had been drinking. Something caused him to erupt. She then felt very uncomfortable and sought to reach out to a safe point, Forester. Perhaps they had argued while out partying in Aruba that night, maybe she flirted with another man, he got angry, she sends her "this sucks" message, they get back to the room, she refuses sex, and the storm within him starts to really brew. Then he catches her messaging Forester that she loves him, blows up with rage, and he then takes her for a drive and strangles her, disposes of body, reports her missing, etc.

The Holloways flew in cadaver dogs, maybe the Gardners should do the same. Justice for their daughter may depend on it.

<modsnip>

No ... I'll stand behind it: "Social media is extremely high risk for meeting potential life partners and is not normal. Social media is common for people to stay in touch, but meeting strangers on the internet and flying into the sunset is a bit like Looking for Mr Goodbar ... even in the internet age. Utilizing people never works."

My brother met his wife online and they got married two years ago. <modsnip>

My brother met his wife online and they got married two years ago. <modsnip>.

There are always rare success stories in the Looking for Mr Goodbar scenario (there's a movie with Richard Gere about the Pretty Woman), but realisticaly a freebie airline ticket usually means something is askew from the beginning.

<mdosnip>?

It's looking like the last person to admit seeing Robyn is the companion she met on the internet and he is claiming that she, with her glued in hair extension and make up thing, went snorkeling with him at 6 PM. in Aruba ... just before the sun went down ... even though the guy that dated her for 2.5 years, a scuba diver, couldn't get her to put her head in the water and claims that by the time the sun is going down, she's had a couple of cocktails on the beach or pre-clubbing - not messing up her hair and makeup with a snorkeling swim as the sun is going down.

Something about Robyn's disappearance really stinks and it's not because it is Aruba, it's because the Internet hook up guy took her on a vacation, she had no contact with anyone that she knew in Aruba during the two days of that vacation, and he claims that she was doing something completely out of character and then she vanished. This 50 year old guy must believe that Aruba is a good place to disappear women.

Why, oh why do women hook up with men they do not know - and then go to foreign countries with them? Match.com? Ugh. A simple criminal search on this guy may have given her some insight into what kind of person she was dealing with. He seems to resemble her boyfriend in a "bad guy" kind of way. Ugh. Ugh. So preventable.

I agree that it is very dangerous when going away with someone that you met on line. However, it is becoming very common practice. She did not meet him on FB, IIRC she met him on a dating website. This is almost becoming a norm, not something out of the ordinary. And I agree that there are people marrying every day that met in this fashion. I know about 10 people that have met and married their mate through an online dating website. They were very careful about meeting said person in a public place prior to dating. She had "known" this guy for a year before this. She probably felt safe enough with him after communicating with him for that long. She may have also met him in person prior to this trip.

It is pretty safe to assume that she wrote the message on her FB wall that stated "This sucks". At first, I questioned if this may have also been written by someone else; however, IIRC the news article states that people did see them together on the beach that day. However, she was not in the water. People did NOT see her going to go snorkling; they say that they saw her on the beach.

This is one of the reasons why police are questioning the account of her disappearance. I pray that she can be found; but we need a witness that saw where she went with him AFTER the beach.

You are over-reacting. You are. There is no evidence YET. It should become illegal to pre-accuse people like this.

More women have come forward. I am not his judge or jury. You are over-reacting. You are. There is evidence of foul play or he would not have been arrested. You also may want to review the forum rules as your posts are commonly attacking other posters in the thread.

It's looking like the last person to admit seeing Robyn is the companion she met on the internet and he is claiming that she, with her glued in hair extension and make up thing, went snorkeling with him at 6 PM. in Aruba ... just before the sun went down ... even though the guy that dated her for 2.5 years, a scuba diver, couldn't get her to put her head in the water and claims that by the time the sun is going down, she's had a couple of cocktails on the beach or pre-clubbing - not messing up her hair and makeup with a snorkeling swim as the sun is going down.

Something about Robyn's disappearance really stinks and it's not because it is Aruba, it's because the Internet hook up guy took her on a vacation, she had no contact with anyone that she knew in Aruba during the two days of that vacation, and he claims that she was doing something completely out of character and then she vanished. This 50 year old guy must believe that Aruba is a good place to disappear women.

:goodpost: I completely agree with everything you have said! Something stinks in Aruba :sick:

P.S. I agree with everyone that she should have done a background check on a guy she met over the internet. I wonder if his money could have wooed her and blinded her to his possibly creepiness! One interviewer went to his door and described his home as a "million dollar" house. Some women would be less likely to suspect a "rich" man of bad behavior - bad idea, but...

look folks, far be it from me to invoke the Terms of Service here, but the personal sniping back and forth is a no-no here.

There are always rare success stories in the Looking for Mr Goodbar scenario (there's a movie with Richard Gere about the Pretty Woman), but realisticaly a freebie airline ticket usually means something is askew from the beginning.

I agree. I'm the same age as Robin and I learned long ago that there's no "free lunch", so to speak, and as I said upthread, no man is taking you on an island vacation without expecting more than just friendship. I am sure there are those that will disagree. I am married to the most considerate man I've ever know, but even he agrees that he wouldn't waste his time and money on a woman he didn't think was going to offer some "return".

It's too late to scold her for being so foolish, but I hope that this can be a lesson to some of the other "girls" (NG made me NUTS with calling this 35 year old WOMAN a "girl") out there that this is just a bad, bad plan.

maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't......I went to school with Robyn. She graduated a year behind me. I didn't know her, but remember seeing her in the halls. Where our high school is, is in the middle of corn fields....(or used to be) I remember in the mornings before school started, the guys would drive up in trucks with gun racks in the back of the windows, showing off the newest riffles. Not to blow up the school or shoot anyone, just to show off their "newest toys" The nearest place to shop was 30 minutes away. We didn't have to worry about crime, rappist, or anything like that. We were COUNTRY people. On the weekends, we had bonfires, and we actually went cow tipping, cause that's all we had. Maybe Robyn still saw "the good in people". Maybe she really thought this guy "GVG" was a good guy. Maybe she saw the real "GVG" while in Aruba, and thats why she sent that text to "RF" facebook page. I don't know...but I know what it was like growing up. Life in the Country was much different than it is now. Please don't "bash me", I just wanted to give some insight here. I tell people "I grew up under a rock". These days you have to be alert and aware of everything. I pray Robyn is found! This is such a sad sad story.

Why is her supposed boyfriend so busy making all these media appearances? 15 minutes of fame for him?

http://www.masoncountydailynews.com...y-texts-to-robyn-gardner-before-disappearance

Gary Giordano had a history of sending aggressive, angry texts to missing Maryland woman Robyn Gardner, according to her best friend and roommate.

Gardner, whom Jones described as trusting and sweet, reassured her friend that the trip would be fine. Gardner had recently lost her job as a dental assistant and was having relationship issues with her boyfriend of two and a half years, Richard Forester, Jones said.

Gardner, who has a tattoo on shoulder, and Jones bonded because they stuck out in their small town because they both have tattoos, Jones said. Nevertheless, Gardner was the type that was hoping for a knight in shining armor, Jones said.

P.S. I agree with everyone that she should have done a background check on a guy she met over the internet. I wonder if his money could have wooed her and blinded her to his possibly creepiness! One interviewer went to his door and described his home as a "million dollar" house. Some women would be less likely to suspect a "rich" man of bad behavior - bad idea, but...

According to her best friend that was on several shows last night RG did know about his (GG) past behaviour with at least one of the women that accused him of something but he (GG) explained it away to RG as being the other womans fault. Though the best friend never met him (GG) she believed he was creepy and did not think it was a good idea that RG go anywhere with him. She also stated that her relationship with her boyfriend is NOT what it seems. :waitasec: She was on a split screen (the current boyfriend was on the other) and the look on her face and body language when he was talking was odd to say the least. It was like she wanted to speak her mind about the relationship but bit her tongue.
IMHO the current boyfriend seems a bit angry, jealous and a bit possessive.
I'm not saying he has anything to do with this but he acts a little odd because on each new show he appears he adds a little more information that we didn't know before. Why not just throw it all out in the very first interview?? AGAIN I am NOT saying he has anything to do with her disappearance.

(Note: I can not remember which show because she was on several yesterday ... HLN, NG, Dr Drew and I think Joy B)

My brother met his wife online and they got married two years ago. Again, your statement is bollocks to me and a lot of people.

forunately, we are all entitled to opinions
friendly debate is healthy
I may not agree with you but I applaud your right to your opinions

Looking for MR Goodbar was about a woman cruising bars looking for abusive men so she could have violent sex. How does that relate to Robyn?

t's easy to judge her looking in from the outside, sitting behind our computers. I agree that it looked like a risky thing to do, BUT no one knows Robyn and there's no reason at this point to doubt what her friend said, that she had known him for a year and they were plutonic friends, that she was in a rough patch in her life, losing her job and saw this as a way to get away from it wll with who she thought was a friend. It wasn't that she met him online yesterday and flew off the next day. Her friend called her too trusting, why would we not believe that to be true and what happened?

I have never used a dating service but Match.com is widely used by thousands and not just by people looking for Mr Goodbar.

I do not understand the need to try to always find fault with the victims. It is beginning to be reminiscent of the Natalee Holloway case where adults sat on the internet calling an innocent young girl horrible names like she must have been a *advertiser censored* for going off with him, what kind of girl gets in a car with three boys, she was probably an alcoholic because she partied even though millions of other teens did too but they all lived to tell about it, attacking her mother and the other kids on the trip, going out of their way to find fault with everyone but the one responsible for her disappearance.

Do we do it because in some way it makes us feel like it could never happen to any of us because we're not like those victims, we're somehow superior to them?

It really upsets me to constantly see the victims put under the microscope as if there's anything that would make what happened to them ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966