ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure HS, the reason why I took the "7" as line 1 and 2 (in both pictures) is because people tend to start writing a B, D, P, R, with a vertical line and make the loops after that.
(in capitals some people ad an extra to that capital line, that way it becomes a "7" sort of).
In pic one the "7" is the first thing that is written of the entire "R" (as people usually would do imo) so I did the same with pic two.

robynr2.jpg
robynr1.jpg

After the vertical line is made, and the loop after that, usually the loop is formed from top to bottom (lines 3 and 4) .

Assuming whomever wrote any of the "R"'s, and going by the pic to which you added numbers, the person making the "R" would not only have started with the loop instead of the vertical line, but also made the loop in the direction from bottom to top, that seems unlikely to me:

redrgsigr.jpg

I am no handwriting expert, so all this just imo.

Also, according to witnesses, they said Robyn had perfectly done hair and makeup, which says to me that she was finished for the day with whatever tanning, snorkeling, swimming, etc. that she was going to do . She was ready to enjoy the rest of the day and evening doing some sightseeing, maybe photos, maybe she thought they would go out on the town, and obviously, some drinking. I just know that no female goes out to suntan or snorkel after they do all their makeup and hair. Way too much time and work involved, IMO:)

I assume Robyn puts on her makeup and does her hair every morning, no different on that August 2.

Two people drive for about 20 minutes to a beach, brining their own drinks, towels etc, it would be only logical to asume they were planning spend time on that beach, and with 33 C a perfect make up would not last either way.

Giordano was brinigng his swimshort and snorkel gear (at least one that we know of), Robyn was wearing her favorite beachdress, the same one she is wearing on picture at another beach some place. I think she was under the impression she was going to a beach, which is exactly what they did, IMO.

Oh ferchrisakes. I mean, what next? Aliens? Right. Little green men were seen lurking behind shrubs near Baby Beach the day RG disappeared. On top of that, a strange saucer like vehicle was seen hovering over the Rum Reef minutes after RG was last seen, and a strange ray was observed beaming something up...

Of course, I'm sure the aliens struck a deal with GG that allowed him to have sex with her a few more times before they took her away to Tralfamador.

Remind me...where am I?

I don't know what to think anymore, I visit the "find Robyn Colson Gardner" Facebook page periodically, and it seems most of her friends and family hold to the belief that she's alive. And believe me, I would dearly love to believe that. I'm one of the few who has clung to the "human trafficking" theory, at least until recently. So far, though, after what I've learned and after all the evidence I've seen, it just seems to point to her being murdered by this sociopath, Giordano. And then, even if it is trafficking, how many have been recovered in that situation?

Now there's an accomplice? Ok, maybe that's not so far fetched, though why it hasn't come out 'til now??

I can honestly say, I really, really have no idea. This case is a mystery. You know, there is one person that has all the answers and that's the man that's being held in the Aruban jail. It makes me wonder whatever happened to the good old days ... Lawyers? LOL

I assume Robyn puts on her makeup and does her hair every morning, no different on that August 2.

Two people drive for about 20 minutes to a beach, brining their own drinks, towels etc, it would be only logical to asume they were planning spend time on that beach, and with 33 C a perfect make up would not last either way.

Giordano was brinigng his swimshort and snorkel gear (at least one that we know of), Robyn was wearing her favorite beachdress, the same one she is wearing on picture at another beach some place. I think she was under the impression she was going to a beach, which is exactly what they did, IMO.

Does her makeup and her hair to go to the beach? She's gorgeous. I'm not gorgeous, and I don't even do that. It is the late afternoon when they get there. I don't know, no reason to go on about this. It's just redundant, we can hopefully just agree to disagree and move on to something else :)

Oh ferchrisakes. I mean, what next? Aliens? Right. Little green men were seen lurking behind shrubs near Baby Beach the day RG disappeared. On top of that, a strange saucer like vehicle was seen hovering over the Rum Reef minutes after RG was last seen, and a strange ray was observed beaming something up...

Of course, I'm sure the aliens struck a deal with GG that allowed him to have sex with her a few more times before they took her away to Tralfamador.

Remind me...where am I?

Just out of curiosity, could you explain why it is you think this is such a far out idea as to equal alien creatures? It seems that this fits several different possible theories on what may have happened. If this new person really was involved, was it with Robyn's consent or without. Any evidence, witnesses, security videos, etc. are surely being examined to try to determine this.

Remind me...where am I?

By the way, you're not 40ish, dark curly haired with a heart and cross tattoo, are you??? LOL. Just kidding, of course. :)

<snip>
Assuming whomever wrote any of the "R"'s, and going by the pic to which you added numbers, the person making the "R" would not only have started with the loop instead of the vertical line, but also made the loop in the direction from bottom to top, that seems unlikely to me:

I am no handwriting expert, so all this just imo.

Thanks.

Right now, we are just looking at the lines. If we start trying to see what we think should be there, based on another signature, or based on what a crook would do trying to forge it, we cloud our observation. Just look at the lines of that second signature. Ultimately, you are right: It doesn't make sense. That's my point.

Moving past the observation stage of the signature, and interpreting what I see, there are distinct differences in the signatures which are unlikely to have been made by the same person, signing their name.

Criminals have been known to do stupid things that ultimately get them caught. This may be one of those times.

Does her makeup and her hair to go to the beach? She's gorgeous. I'm not gorgeous, and I don't even do that. It is the late afternoon when they get there. I don't know, no reason to go on about this. It's just redundant, we can hopefully just agree to disagree and move on to something else :)

Of course! :)

HS I have a question about the insurance.

The life insurance part, was that something totally aside and solely life insurance or did that part of the insurance also cover injuries/transport etc?

In which clip is the insurance form of GG himself shown?

Anothing thing, Robyn allegedly signed this form July 27, Forester said they just came back from a trip, is it known if they were back on July 27?

There is one thing that I find strange in the statement of GG, he claims he tapped on Robyn's leg and signaled her to go back.

In order for him to be able to tap on her leg he must have been close to her, people usually signal something when they are in a distance where the other would not be able to hear them, if he could tap on her leg he could talk to her (unless of course they were snorkeling at that moment). IMO

HS I have a question about the insurance.

The life insurance part, was that something totally aside and solely life insurance or did that part of the insurance also cover injuries/transport etc?

It is a completely separate upgrade to AMEX Travel Insurance, and covers accidental death or dismemberment. It cost a few hundred bucks to add it to the coverage, I forget the exact amount.

In which clip is the insurance form of GG himself shown?

I am not sure. It was an ABC video. I will try to find it and let you know.

Anothing thing, Robyn allegedly signed this form July 27, Forester said they just came back from a trip, is it known if they were back on July 27?

I don't have that information.

:)

Dushi and all,

I looked at that link you posted. Did you see the latest one? It shows the area where GG and RG supposedly went snorkeling. IT's like a little movie. Scary.

Here's the link:

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/snorkeling-at-rocky-point-aruba/

What do you all think?

That was clearly shot yards from the shore, it looked like it was knee deep. There was no way they would have got into trouble at that spot, all they would need to do is stand up. Presumably they were further out than that, I would guess a lot further out, where the water was deeper.

Keep in mind that we have no idea why they chose that particular spot, but the fact that few other tourists go there suggests that privacy may have been the motivation, especially if they were into "adult" adventures (which wouldn't go down too well on more public beaches).

That was clearly shot yards from the shore, it looked like it was knee deep. There was no way they would have got into trouble at that spot, all they would need to do is stand up. Presumably they were further out than that, I would guess a lot further out, where the water was deeper.

Keep in mind that we have no idea why they chose that particular spot, but the fact that few other tourists go there suggests that privacy may have been the motivation, especially if they were into "adult" adventures (which wouldn't go down too well on more public beaches).
Nor on those rocks IMHO. Yikes (and ouch!)!!

Tugela,

I see what you say. Good eyes. Also, there are other places to go where the beach is nice before you get in the water. Those rocks are bad on feet and the water looks bad. Baby Beach is just away a little and you can see it from where the people went in the water.

Also to, I looked that guys internet pages and found another video where he took a flight over the island. It shows other places like dePalm island, a reef with watersports stuff, and Rennasance private island, the same. You see all the hotels in the beginning then places in the middle then the nice places. All can see there are many places on our island that are easy, easy, and safe.

His video with the helicopter is at this place
http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/08/21/helicopter-flying-aruba/

I'm going to try contact him. Maybe more stuff he gave to the polis or has to help.

Aruba welcomes everyone. Stay safe by the sea.

Bon dia.

The fact that no other news media (credible) is picking up the accomplice story tells me that the Enquirier is just fabricating another non-fact. If that were true we'd be reading it everywhere.

However, if I put aside the news source and think about it, and, if in fact it was pre-arranged, it would have been done via the internet (if what the news article says was in fact true). The FBI has his computers from his home. They would have found something indicating that. We have not heard a single word on what they found on the videos and computers they took from his home.

It is a completely separate upgrade to AMEX Travel Insurance, and covers accidental death or dismemberment. It cost a few hundred bucks to add it to the coverage, I forget the exact amount.

I am not sure. It was an ABC video. I will try to find it and let you know.

I don't have that information.

:)

The thing is...you can add that coverage per trip for a very small fee...DH does it every business trip. Just not sure why he would choose the annual, more expensive way to add the coverage.

I go diving, snorkeling and hunting in my make-up. It is waterproof. Not as much makeup as when I go out at night....but I would not think of going without it. My hair extensions go into the water with me. They are real hair and bonded in with small invisible snaps. They take my hair from just past shoulder length to middle of the back. DH likes my hair long and as I am almost 50...extensions help.

That whole area is flat and you can see from Baby Beach. This is not what you would call a secluded adult area but a public area. There were many, many more areas they could have gone to where no one would see them...so I would imagine he wanted to be seen.

I find it hard to believe if RG were an experienced snorkeler that she would even think about going into that water topless (I do not see the straps to a suit under her beach dress) nor would she consider going into that water with the type of rocks that are visible. You would have to go pretty far out and I doubt if there is much to see in terms of fish. The water in the video shows the depth about calf high and for a woman to walk with no shoes on after just a few feet I think she would have turned back and found something less rocky. It just does not make any sense that they went into the water there. Anyone know if GG is experienced at snorkeling?????

I go diving, snorkeling and hunting in my make-up. It is waterproof. Not as much makeup as when I go out at night....but I would not think of going without it. My hair extensions go into the water with me. They are real hair and bonded in with small invisible snaps. They take my hair from just past shoulder length to middle of the back. DH likes my hair long and as I am almost 50...extensions help.

I agree, makeup and hair are a personal preference just like the clothes we wear. Robyn's family and friends, those who know her best, say she would not go in the water w/ her hair and makeup done, if at all, partially due to her hair extensions and because she just didn't like to get her hair wet. She was fixed up enough that it even stood out to the witnesses at the restaurant that they thought it didn't fit w/ the snorkeling story. I just don't believe GG's story that they went snorkeling at that time, at that location, and nothing will convince me otherwise, unless we have eye witnesses or some very clear photos. JMO:)

I agree, makeup and hair are a personal preference just like the clothes we wear. Robyn's family and friends, those who know her best, say she would not go in the water w/ her hair and makeup done, if at all, partially due to her hair extensions and because she just didn't like to get her hair wet. She was fixed up enough that it even stood out to the witnesses at the restaurant that they thought it didn't fit w/ the snorkeling story. I just don't believe GG's story that they went snorkeling at that time, at that location, and nothing will convince me otherwise, unless we have eye witnesses or some very clear photos. JMO:)

And if you look at his statements logically nothing makes sense. In viewing the video w/the underwater camera you can see how shallow, rocky it is and as the water get deeper you can see the sand blurs what is in the distance. This video is taken during the day not at sunset from what I can see.

They left the restaurant and walked along the breaker area. No one saw them enter the water. Later two towels closely side by side (both were not children sized but full sized adults so side by side is a little close if they were actually lying down). Her dress was tossed in another area on some rocks. This was her favorite dress and if the car was right there why would she not leave it in the car instead of tossing it on the rocks where it could get blown into the water? If the towels were down than logically they sunbathed before going into the water which would be sometime close to 4:30 - 5pm timeframe as they were seen walking in that area first. So now say it's between 5 and 6 that they decide to go into the water. At 5pm you can't see anything in that water. The water is dark, no one in their right mind would do that and for what purpose. If you can't see the fish why snorkel??

So now GG is at the restaurant shortly after 6pm claiming he had to swim for his life with a pair of wet sneakers and a dry bathing suit and similiar dry hair. He spent time in the water but his hair and suit are dry. His suit would be dripping at best. Suits dry fast in Aruba but not that fast.

And looking at his watch when he wasn't wearing one. The witness did not misspeak. When you have a watch on all the time and you want to know the time you look for your watch. It's a habit you do time and time again during the day without realizing it. He did look for his watch and that is what this witness saw, IMO.

Now what could have happened is after they left the restaurant they walked along that breaker area and he wanted her to go into the water and after trying and cutting her toe she probably said, no way. Unless they had a first aid kit in their car why would you want her to go into the water. Can't sharks smell blood up to a mile away?

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2781/shark-youre-whats-for-dinner

I think once RG cut her toe there was no way she was going into the water. Maybe they decided to take a ride up by the cliffs and she went into the water there but not of her own accord. I would think if GG wanted LE to think she went in at Baby Beach, they would be focused on looking there. So if her drowning was intentional it wasn't at that location when there are so many other secluded areas close to this beach where he could have put her in and not gotten wet himself. Then he could have driven back, laid out those towels in a hurry, threw her dress on the rocks and waded out in the water far enough to get his shoes wet.

For those scratches on his legs. There are rocks along the Eastern coastal area where the cliffs are so if you were to walk along that area you could scratch your legs if you were not careful. If you were struggling with someone you could also get scratched by the rocks easily. So she had a bloody toe and he had scratches on his legs. Sounds like a snorkeling nightmare. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member