ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were referring to my comment (re: his lack of concern about his date), I totally agree that what you've described is what you'd do if you were caught in a riptide.

I didn't suggest he should/could help her had they been caught in a riptide. My meaning was this: What I find unbelievable, is that he never looked back/over his shoulder one single time to visualize her progress/location. I would think that would be a natural human impulse to look at least once. Wouldn't it be more helpful if you could say, "I last saw her about XX yards from shore. As opposed to ... I don't know where she could have gone down or when. I never looked back one single time.

Well, we may not have absolute proof of what he did or didn't do, but at the very least I think it's safe to say that this GG guy is not exactly the heroic type. :doh:

If it was a Blackberry you can message others who have a Blackberry.
Aruba is as close to the equator as you can get, pretty much. I needed to rent a cell phone there.

I was in Aruba in August of 2010... Now my cellphone worked there and I have just an ordinary Verizon wireless account... No smartphone, no international type of dialing plan... :waitasec:

:giggle: It'll be fun watching him flail around like a fish out of water without the "et.al." I'm thinking this case will certainly prove just how truly inept he really is.

I was in Aruba in August of 2010... Now my cellphone worked there and I have just an ordinary Verizon wireless account... No smartphone, no international type of dialing plan... :waitasec:

If you are in a location without reception it won't. Like an out of the way beach for example. Then there is the question of who do you call when you don't know the local emergency procedures. And if you do find someone to call, how do you tell them where you are....do you say something like "hey! I'm on a beach somewhere, please send help". That doesnt help much.

The best plan in that sort of situation is find locals. That is what I would do.

If you were referring to my comment (re: his lack of concern about his date), I totally agree that what you've described is what you'd do if you were caught in a riptide.

I didn't suggest he should/could help her had they been caught in a riptide. My meaning was this: What I find unbelievable, is that he never looked back/over his shoulder one single time to visualize her progress/location. I would think that would be a natural human impulse to look at least once. Wouldn't it be more helpful if you could say, "I last saw her about XX yards from shore. As opposed to ... I don't know where she could have gone down or when. I never looked back one single time.

Not if you were panicking you wouldn't. You would swim like crazy for shore, as would 99% of everyone else.

OK Thanks in advance HS. I will try to look for the video too.

I had no luck with finding the video. This may be helpful, though it doesn't have a distance scale:

91408438.jpg

Not Sprint...unless you call and set it up. I hear some islands will get certain cell carriers...heard mine would work in Turks and Caicos...nope didn't happen...had to rent a phone...lol. But, it worked fine in the Bahamas...and I have still yet to be charged for any of the calls and that was years ago.

I've worked in travel for years...had some pretty big clients...and no one ever bought, yet alone inquired, about travel insurance in that amount. That's the biggest red flag in all this IMO. I know many might think why would he do something so obvious, but without a body, what did he do?

But Forester finally did hear back from Gardner around 3 p.m., just hours before Giordano reported her missing. “She sent me an inbox message on Facebook saying, ‘I love you, I care about you and we’ll talk about this and sort it out when we get back.’ ”

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44102...t/boyfriend-fears-safety-woman-missing-aruba/

From the video we know that RG was at the restaurant at around 3 p.m. If her phone can send FB messages, would it not be able to make a 911 call?

There's just something really wrong with this whole picture. Would any one here take a trip somewhere, whether it's the Bahamas, Mexico, Puerto Rico, or Aruba, with a friend, someone who is not your spouse, and take out a 1.5 million dollar life insurance policy out on them w/ you as the beneficiary?

Bumping.

WARNING: Do not turn this thread into a JB thread. This is about finding Robyn - not about the suspect's lawyer. Do NOT post a bunch of JB trashing posts - they will be removed and TOs will be issued. Just don't go there. You may comment, but keep it clean and don't confuse our purpose here.

Salem

I've worked in travel for years...had some pretty big clients...and no one ever bought, yet alone inquired, about travel insurance in that amount. That's the biggest red flag in all this IMO. I know many might think why would he do something so obvious, but without a body, what did he do?

I was working on my profile of GG this evening and one element of his character that I have concluded is that he felt he could commit crimes without getting caught.

This is from former FBI profiler Robert Ressler on the subject of how to profile, one element being "Offender Risk":

Offender Risk.Data on victim risk (note by me: Victim risk is determined using such factors as age, occupation, life-style, and physical stature of the victim, and is classified as high, moderate, or low) is integrated with information on offender risk, or the risk the offender was taking to commit the crime. For example, abducting a victim at noon from a busy street is high risk. Thus, that a low-risk victim is snatched under high-risk circumstances generates ideas about the offender, such as personal stresses he is operating under, his belief that he will not be apprehended, the excitement he needs in the commission of the crime, or his emotional maturity.
(p.141 Sexual Homicide: Patterns and Motives by Robert K. Ressler)

Examining what we know about GG's past, I find him showing a high-risk mentality. He has allegedly raped a woman (though she dropped the charges, reportedly under harassment from GG at the time prompting her to do so), sought 5 million under a contract he himself fabricated out of whole cloth, stolen jewelry from Costco and then sued them for putting him in jail for it, hid in trees outside a woman's house in a jackalope mask, etc. High Risk, and appearing to be quite confident he is able to escape reprimand.

My point is that GG appears quite capable of doing something so obvious as setting up a 1.5 million dollar payout for an "accidental death" of a claimed (on the beneficiary form itself) "domestic partner" who wasn't, and forging the document to boot.

MOO.

The element of this case that has my attention at the moment is the fact AMEX says the following in it's policy:

1year.jpg

One year wait with no body.

For someone who appears to have planned this, I find this to be the clue that something went wrong on the island. He brought snorkeling gear so I do think that he had in mind the "accidental death" to have been during that, but I don't think he would have missed this point. His former attorney stressed how careful GG was in planning things. It is a big oversight for someone with that in his character. It is a big oversight for anyone.

There is the possibility he was willing to wait a year, but from the AMEX information coming out about his phone calls to them, I don't get that.

So my theory is that his plan ran afoul, as I've covered earlier. She wasn't into the snorkeling idea. Had she been, he could have held her head under water and brought her back to shore, saying she drowned.

Combined with his attitude that he can commit crimes without getting caught, I think he improvised "on the fly" with his plan and did something else instead. Confident he could fool authorities that she was lost at sea, he disposed of the body at another location.

Would he have taken the risk to be seen at another part of the coast putting the body into the water? Or would he have just dumped her body somewhere discreet on land?

And then there is the fact no body has washed up to shore. It is difficult to establish what is fact and what is opinion about how likely it is that a body washes back to shore on that island. I welcome more feedback on that point.

Ultimately, the main thing I feel should be stressed is that without a thorough search for her on land, one cannot be certain that no body is there to be found. I feel it very well may turn up if looked for with earnest.

Well, Jose can't get lucky twice, is what I am thinking....LOL:floorlaugh:

Would he have taken the risk to be seen at another part of the coast putting the body into the water? Or would he have just dumped her body somewhere discreet on land?

It still spooks me the way GG was witnessed to be staring at his watch and made the statement "she might be dead now", as though he knew wherever he left her, there was an element of time involved before she would die.

OK Thanks in advance HS. I will try to look for the video too.

This is the video of the fisherman, which is a different one than the video I was talking about, but you can see the restaurant in the background. It also is evidence he drove to the spot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...man_n_938285.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner

PS
Though there is another fisherman who says they left the area together, I find it interesting this guy does not. He also helps in looking for her in the water. And he also says sharks were seen....
Is it possible the other fisherman had the earlier day confused with the day she disappeared? Something else about his account is that it came about two weeks afterward, which would make it even more possible he mixed the days up.

But a fisherman said he saw the couple from his boat Aug. 2, when Gardner last was seen. They didn’t even get in the water, much less go snorkeling, the fisherman said, according to law enforcement sources. The couple left the beach together, according to the fisherman. That doesn’t match Giordano’s timeline, according to sources.
“That story has not been proven yet,” Solicitor General Taco Stein said. “It has not been anchored in reality, but if that statement, there is reality, it’s something that might change the path of the investigation.”

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ew-Search-New-Witness-in-Aruba-128207283.html

Is it possible this account was not "anchored in reality"?

It would appear from the recent statement about the Hyundai that investigators suspect his car was still there.

A white Hyundai Getz can be seen on the still shot and the video, driving in northern direction at about 17.59 PM on the road between the Rum Reef Restaurant and the sea. Following the statements of the suspect G.V.G., the driver of this car and the passengers could have seen the white Toyota RAV 4, the rental car the suspect and the woman R.G. drove during their stay on Aruba, parked near the sea behind the Rum Reef Restaurant.It is possible that they have also seen the man G.V.G. and the woman R.G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happy head