ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order for there to be a motive there has to be a murder to begin with.

Without any proof of a murder taking place, Giordano should be released, IMO.

Proof? Hmmm.

1. GG was the last one with RG.
2. GG was seen going to the car to refill RG's glass with something. Why?
3. GG was seen with RG at the same offbeat location, not a tourist location, two days in a row. Why?
4. GG was known to have entitlement issues, anger issues, and rage issues when it came to women.
5. GG had taken out a life insurance policy on RG. Why?
6. GG was caught on camera "trying" to get help.
7. GG's shorts were dry immediately after he claimed to have been trying to "save" RG from drowning.
8. GG did not seem to be truly concerned that RG was missing. Why?

I suppose if he's released we'll find out if the U.S. has any charges they wish to bring. He can be extradited back to Aruba if they file charges down the road. I'm curious to see if he has some charges pending.

In order for there to be a motive there has to be a murder to begin with.

Without any proof of a murder taking place, Giordano should be released, IMO.

Proof?

The fact is, Robyn is no where to be found. This is no game. If she wasn't murdered, then the only other alternative is that she was kidnapped and sold. Regardless, Gary Giordano is somehow responsible, either alone or w/ an accomplice. JMO

She could have drowned. As unlikely as it is that they went swimming there, people do unlikely things, illogical things, things that are out of character, things that are risky, they could have gone snorkeling at that spot and Robyn could have drowned. I have not seen evidence that they did not went swimming there other then she would not get her hair wet, it is not a logical place to snorkel etc.

Can't go snorkeling without the right gear. They didn't rent it. She didn't have her own. Where is it?

Does Aruba have involuntary manslaughter as a charge? If anything, they could charge him with that BASED on his story of what happened.

Involuntary manslaughter requires that you be grossly negligent when you are responsible for the wellbeing of someone. I don't see how they could claim that based on his account since he was neither responsible for her nor did he appear to be negligent.

Proof? Hmmm.

1. GG was the last one with RG.
2. GG was seen going to the car to refill RG's glass with something. Why?
3. GG was seen with RG at the same offbeat location, not a tourist location, two days in a row. Why?
4. GG was known to have entitlement issues, anger issues, and rage issues when it came to women.
5. GG had taken out a life insurance policy on RG. Why?
6. GG was caught on camera "trying" to get help.
7. GG's shorts were dry immediately after he claimed to have been trying to "save" RG from drowning.
8. GG did not seem to be truly concerned that RG was missing. Why?

None of which is proof of anything.

Can't go snorkeling without the right gear. They didn't rent it. She didn't have her own. Where is it?

Because you dont know where it is doesn't mean it wasn't there.

How do you know she didn't have her own?

Maybe he's just a narcissistic man with serious entitlement issues who thinks that women owe him something, on top of, having a serious rage and violence disorder.
Narcissism + Entitlement + Rage + Violence = ?

This is the most true statement of that man that I've seen to date. There have been a lot of women that have come forward with stories that are out of a movie of the week. Add his untrusting nature to the mix and you have a home made bomb ready to go off. He was so untrusting of women he dated he'd follow them and call them and tell them what they were wearing or, make them take a picture if they said they were in a grocery store, to prove it!

Normal people do not do these things and, if he paid $5,000 to take her there and saw her texting I love yous to someone else, do you think he would have ignored it?

There was one video of Robyn going to the bathroom. She started to enter the bathroom and turned and went back to the table for something. It could have been she left her cell phone and went back for it so she could text Richard because didn't they say they thought she texted him while they were at that restaurant? She would not have done that in front of GG.

Involuntary manslaughter requires that you be grossly negligent when you are responsible for the wellbeing of someone. I don't see how they could claim that based on his account since he was neither responsible for her nor did he appear to be negligent.

What was he filling her cup up with?

If you are a bartender and you serve too much alcohol to someone and they go out and get killed in an accident or, kill someone else, here in the US, the bartender is a contributing factor to the negligence and, can be charged.

I do not see where the benefit would be to Aruba not to solve this case
It would be in their best interest to do so.

I feel they have followed every tip, every avenue
Even if they feel he is responsible for her disappearance, and they do, they can not prove it in a court of law

All they have is very circumstancial evidence, nothing solid
They are still trying to keep him in jail

Without evidence to prove a crime, they can't keep him any longer
There is nothing solid

Cases have been lost and murderers walk free when there is far more evidence than this, even when they have a body.

As much as we may not like it, thats the way it is

Thats common sense Without proof, there can be no trial

Well, I must say that I am surprised that the Mafia hasn't invaded the island. It's a place to go if someone makes you mad they could end up swimming with the fishes never to be seen again. They could go on to murder again, but oh well.

The FBI is also continuing their own inquiries, and taken part in the investigation since joining the case on August 11. If they discover evidence that Mr. Giordano planned any criminal actions while still in the United States, he can be prosecuted by the federal government for those crimes.

The solicitor general of Aruba also retains the option of extraditing Mr. Giordano back to the island if they are able to connect him to her disappearance.

http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...ner-disappearance-may-soon-be-freed-from-jail

In the absence of any formal charges, it will be critical to see how American Express deals with Mr. Giordano's claim to collect on his $1.5 million dollar insurance policy. Any actions taken by the insurance underwriter to deny payment of their policy can be challenged in a U.S. court.

http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...ner-disappearance-may-soon-be-freed-from-jail

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/44288905/American-Express®Gold-Corporate-Card-Business-Travel-Accident

One of the exclusions for accidental death on the attached policy I found is: alcohol intoxication and alcohol intoxication combined with taking prescription drugs.

GG's own admission was that she was taking sleeping pills and there are witnesses that she appeared to be intoxicated or "on" something.

GG is never going to collect on this insurance policy, ever.

It is possible it happened exactly as GG has stated. There ARE other alternatives to murder, or being kidnapped and sold.

Proof?

The fact is, Robyn is no where to be found. This is no game. If she wasn't murdered, then the only other alternative is that she was kidnapped and sold. Regardless, Gary Giordano is somehow responsible, either alone or w/ an accomplice. JMO

Does GG have to return to the US, or could he go elsewhere?

I haven't followed this case much.

Has GG ever come up with a source for her snorkeling gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper