ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No solid motive? :waitasec:

I guess I'm thinking about the life insurance policy.

I was too
But as Suniskye mentioned, would he want to wait seven years?
Its a mystery

I was too
Its a mystery

I'm not sure that he knew he had to wait 7 years or not. Also, I guess it's up to LE to decide when to declare someone dead...? Do they have to wait 7 years? Maybe he was hoping for earlier, if he had "witnessed" her "snorkeling" and not coming back, kwim?

I'm not sure that he knew he had to wait 7 years or not. Also, I guess it's up to LE to decide when to declare someone dead...? Do they have to wait 7 years? Maybe he was hoping for earlier, if he had "witnessed" her "snorkeling" and not coming back, kwim?

My guess is GG fully expected her body to come ashore. Stating she took a sleeping pill in the afternoon (who does that on vacation and then plans on going into the water to snorkel?) It sounds more as if it is an excuse for when they find her body and do a blood test on her so I think he expected her body to be found. As far as the insurance, I believe that is a US issue because the policy was taken out prior to their travel. jmo

There are cases tried in the United States everyday where there is no body. You do not know if you will be able to do so unless you TRY. If that man leaves Aruba it will be done and they will never try him for anything. My hope now lies in our own FBI who I hope have something, anything from his computers and from the grand jury.

Stephanie Flores may still be alive had Aruba stepped up to the plate in the Holloway case.

Giordano is a bad man. One consolation is that his life will never be the same again and, here in MD, he is not well liked. He'll have to answer to a higher authority than us someday.

You don't need a body, but you do need evidence. In the absence of a body it would have to be compelling evidence. Even in the absence of compelling evidence a prosecutor can still convict if the jury simply doesn't like the accused. In that situation they would be inclined to believe in guilt on the basis that the accused was charged.

It is harder to fly that past a judge though. Allthough judges are human too, and are susceptible on occasion to emotion rather than logic.

Their system, is their system, whether you agree with it or not and as do all legal systems, it certainly seems to have flaws

We all have criminals walking the streets, some very famous ones no matter what legal system they were tried under

The simple fact is, we on this forum have not been privy to what LE has or does not have

Its obvious to me that they simply do not have evidence to convict

I think what gets people confused is that they think it works like in the US. In the US generally people get arrested at the end of an investigation when there there is allready enough evidence to convict or at least indict them.

In European legal systems however arrest is used as an investigative tool, it does not imply that the evidence is substantially there. That is why they have these periodic hearings to continue holding the suspect.

So, when an American sees that someone has been arrested in a European system they assume that there is a body of evidence when in fact there might be very little or nothing.

No solid motive? :waitasec:

I guess I'm thinking about the life insurance policy.

In order for there to be a motive there has to be a murder to begin with.

Without any proof of a murder taking place, Giordano should be released, IMO.

Not all murders involve a motive. A murder can happened within seconds without any prior planning. However when what your report to LE as to what happened does not match the facts that are known in an investigation it is the circumstancial evidence that carries the case forward. Aruba leans more to trying a person on physical evidence whereas in the US it is common to try a case on only circumstancial evidence. jmo

She is still missing, so if it is not a murder, what other options are there?

She may have been kidnapped and sold by human traffickers. Or she may have run away on purpose and is in hiding. Which of the 3 seems more likely?

If it is either one or two, then GG is involved. imoo

She may have been kidnapped and sold by human traffickers. Or she may have run away on purpose and is in hiding. Which of the 3 seems more likely?

GG has already admitted to being the last person to see her. According to him there are no other options. It was either an accident or he was responsible for her death. If it were an accident he certainly did everything wrong in terms of responsibility. Drinking, sleeping pills, going into the water at sunset, snorkeling with your sneakers on. Witnesses who said they just walked along the beach area for 20 minutes then got in the car and left only to return shortly before he reports her missing. That eliminates any other possibility if GG sticks to his story.

GG claims RG drowned and that is probably what happened it's just a matter of whether it was deliberate or an act of irresponsibility on his part. He knew they were drinking. He knew she had taken sleeping pills (whether on her own or he put something in her drink). He drove to that location twice at an hour of the day that was dangerous to go into the water when there were far safer places to snorkel on the island. He picked a site to say they entered the water full of sharp, jagged rocks which is almost impossible to walk on without shoes and/or without falling. His story has giant holes in them. jmo

I posted earleir a link that said the appeal could be anytime between friday an Monday , even over the weekend.
Has it been decided Monday is the day?

I know nothing about grand jury but could they have waited to see if there was a murder charge?

I have read from a news station that the appeal will be on Monday. It has to be before Tuesday.

I do not think that the US could charge him with murder or anything like that unless they have found something on his computer specifically linked to the Aruba trip. They can only charge him with something that happened in Aruba if it was planned and is on his computer ... only computer crimes extend from country to country (I think). From reading about this man, his video cameras throughout his home and what women have said about him, unless he deleted his computer hard drive before he left for Aruba I feel they have something on him but it prob would be totally unrelated to anything that happened in Aruba.

My thoughts on this have always been that he was domestic violence waiting to happen because of his anger issues. If he saw texts she was sending it would have set him off because of his narcissist ways. It is just my opinion. I do not think whatever happened was premeditated. Anyone who would dress up as a deer and hide in a women's yard has a screw lose.

My guess is GG fully expected her body to come ashore. Stating she took a sleeping pill in the afternoon (who does that on vacation and then plans on going into the water to snorkel?) It sounds more as if it is an excuse for when they find her body and do a blood test on her so I think he expected her body to be found. As far as the insurance, I believe that is a US issue because the policy was taken out prior to their travel. jmo

That's true! I had not thought about that being a US issue. But, you're right.

Also, who knows what he put in her cup that day that would have maybe added to her intoxication. Did you see the rock she supposedly stumped her toe on? It was huge. It was not something any one of us would trip over without seeing unless maybe we were unsteady on our feet!

GG has already admitted to being the last person to see her. According to him there are no other options. It was either an accident or he was responsible for her death. If it were an accident he certainly did everything wrong in terms of responsibility. Drinking, sleeping pills, going into the water at sunset, snorkeling with your sneakers on. Witnesses who said they just walked along the beach area for 20 minutes then got in the car and left only to return shortly before he reports her missing. That eliminates any other possibility if GG sticks to his story.

GG claims RG drowned and that is probably what happened it's just a matter of whether it was deliberate or an act of irresponsibility on his part. He knew they were drinking. He knew she had taken sleeping pills (whether on her own or he put something in her drink). He drove to that location twice at an hour of the day that was dangerous to go into the water when there were far safer places to snorkel on the island. He picked a site to say they entered the water full of sharp, jagged rocks which is almost impossible to walk on without shoes and/or without falling. His story has giant holes in them. jmo

Does Aruba have involuntary manslaughter as a charge? If anything, they could charge him with that BASED on his story of what happened.

Does Aruba have involuntary manslaughter as a charge? If anything, they could charge him with that BASED on his story of what happened.

I don't know but it appears to me that the judge may just want to get rid of GG and send him back to the US and let the US authorities handle him. jmo

I don't know but it appears to me that the judge may just want to get rid of GG and send him back to the US and let the US authorities handle him. jmo

Oh I have thought that myself from time to time. I'm sure Aruba would like to pass the buck on this one, especially if all they have is circumstantial evidence. It's not like here where they prosecute on circumstantial evidence everyday. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. It is hard to understand another country's justice system it is human nature to question why it is different and not understand why.

I was wrong. I thought the hearing was Monday ... apparently its Wednesday. I'm willing to bet money ... once he leaves, he will never go back. They are not going to extridite him ever. They are just saying that.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/26/world/americas/aruba-missing-woman/index.html

Oh I have thought that myself from time to time. I'm sure Aruba would like to pass the buck on this one, especially if all they have is circumstantial evidence. It's not like here where they prosecute on circumstantial evidence everyday. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. It is hard to understand another country's justice system it is human nature to question why it is different and not understand why.

I was wrong. I thought the hearing was Monday ... apparently its Wednesday. I'm willing to bet money ... once he leaves, he will never go back. They are not going to extridite him ever. They are just saying that.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/26/world/americas/aruba-missing-woman/index.html

I thought he was being freed on Tuesday??????
Has that changed also?

Somewhere here there is a list of the charges Aruban LE were considering
I don't recall what they were.

Does anyone?

She could have drowned. As unlikely as it is that they went swimming there, people do unlikely things, illogical things, things that are out of character, things that are risky, they could have gone snorkeling at that spot and Robyn could have drowned. I have not seen evidence that they did not went swimming there other then she would not get her hair wet, it is not a logical place to snorkel etc.

Maybe our FBI has discovered that he has much information they would like to get and they will leverage it out of him. How likely is it that we will be seeing some plea bargaining going on when he hits US soil, or even having him walk free but use his connections to roll on people? Somehow, I think there are a lot of very uneasy people in GG's 'sphere'. Anyone could be coughed up or used in some way to keep himself out of jail. I'll be surprised if anyone but rock bottom losers have anything to do with him back home out of sheer fear and self protection. JMO

Maybe she drowned off the coast of Aruba after not enough sleep, too much to drink and being caught in an undertow.

I doubt the Arubans will just let it go because they would rather some other country deal with it. I suspect that if a murder occurred on the Island and Dutch prosecutors are able to prove it, there will be a trial. If he is released, he leaves the country and new evidence emerges, is there any reason why he would not be extradited to face charges?

I was too
Its a mystery

Maybe he's just a narcissistic man with serious entitlement issues who thinks that women owe him something, on top of, having a serious rage and violence disorder.
Narcissism + Entitlement + Rage + Violence = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper