ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While some of what he says sounds credible I think I would reserve judgment until we hear from the insurance companies and a response from Aruba about their main source of income being cocaine and human trafficing. And tourism being third in line, IMO, right under these first two. Amazing. And all the while I thought the money I was spending there was supporting their economy and all the while it's cocaine (that I have never seen) and boat loads of people being transported against their will to SA. I would hope Aruba would respond as those are very strong allegations that require a response.

I just find it odd that someone is claiming RG was a victum of a drowning and the next thing we know he has planted a seed that it could have been human trafficing. Scuba divers perhaps snatched her under the water and took her to a waiting boat????? But he could not see it because he was "so called" swimming to save his own life with those darn heavy sneakers on his feet. That does paint a picture, does it not? jmo

I agree LampChop. All of a sudden she was kidnapped by human traffickers?? Really??? Maybe JB is getting his cues from FCA. The lie's have just begun. I'm sure JB's head doesn't fit through the door now. When I read that Gary was sent home, I almost barfed! Woman all over should be up in arms about what's going on. It's really like we are disposable. We all know Gary had something to do with her dissappearance. who takes out a 1.5 mil dollar policy for a friend they take with them on vacation? It walks like a duck and quakes like a duck, it's a duck and Gary is quilty as sin. what about the Mother/Daughter that he wanted to take over there. He probably figures he would hit the jackpot and claim the insurance money for two people. I'm literally sick to my stomach and feel so bad for Robyn's family. It's another Natalie Holloway case. I'm sure that all Men now that want to get rid of their spouse can now go to Aruba and just lose them in the water. Yeah righ! Of course it makes it worse having JB involved. I don't find Gary believable at all. He's a perverted pig if you ask me. Wanting to do a Mother and Daugher. sickening :banghead:

For someone who had no access to the media as is told by his american lawyer, he sure jumped on the human trafficking band wagon in a hurry.

And Lambchop, I couldn't agree more, sounds like he is changing his story

I guess if one doesn't float, try another

How rediculous to mention human trafficking when you have been telling LE for four months that she disappeared under the water in your presense

Its highly unlikely that she disappeared while snorkelling and was snatched up by human traffickers

Which is it gary???

JMO

Let's not forget who's prepping him, the liar of all liar's JB!!

I thought bringing his sons on to stand behind him was in very poor taste. What is wrong with their mother? I also thought he was a little too testy with his interviewer. I wonder if the use of a woman interviewer was deliberate to see how he would react to the questions. At 5pm there are not a lot of people at Baby Beach and certainly not like there are up at the high rise hotels. He makes it sound as if the beach was crowded with people. People do not snorkel where their towels were located.

JB sure got his swipes in about the Aruban attorney, didn't he. Wow....I hope he doesn't plan on visiting Aruba in the near future. I hear the "Freewinds" is looking for someone to work in the engine room. lol

http://www./164183/woman-held-hostage-on-scientology-cruise-ship-freewind-for-12-years-video/

During an 11-minute interview Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America," Gary Giordano refused to detail what happened to Robyn Gardner on Aug. 2, the day of her disappearance, saying he has told that story to investigators "50, 60 times." He has said she was swept out to sea while snorkeling.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...1_IRbQ?docId=37b1c2220c404cce92d99a4ae14806c9
That interview boggled my mind. The whole thing about the insurance...he didn't have to put Robyn's name on the insurance...and there is definitely no box with any travel insurance that I've seen that says insure for a million. Wasn't it said that he had to call for that? Why was he insuring Robyn's part of the trip...did he pay for it? I've worked with travel insurance and when there are "unrelated" people traveling, they each take out their own insurance. Did Robyn have her own policy? I don't think so. Baez still knows how to whine and make himself look bad. The first attorney had $$ signs in his eyes...and he doesn't? Puleeezee!!

I thought bringing his sons on to stand behind him was in very poor taste. What is wrong with their mother? I also thought he was a little too testy with his interviewer. I wonder if the use of a woman interviewer was deliberate to see how he would react to the questions. At 5pm there are not a lot of people at Baby Beach and certainly not like there are up at the high rise hotels. He makes it sound as if the beach was crowded with people. People do not snorkel where their towels were located.

JB sure got his swipes in about the Aruban attorney, didn't he. Wow....I hope he doesn't plan on visiting Aruba in the near future. I hear the "Freewinds" is looking for someone to work in the engine room. lol

http://www./164183/woman-held-hostage-on-scientology-cruise-ship-freewind-for-12-years-video/
...and what was with his wearing sneakers into the water? He wasn't talking about going back in the water to look for Robyn, was he? Did he claim to have gone snorkeling with sneakers on? I'm just not getting how the sneakers made him look bad in that video (kinda reminded me of the Joran hotel video). He looked really apathetic in that video...people there or no people there...he should have looked frantic, IMO. He was tired? Gimme a break...he should have had a rush of adrenaline!! Did he call for anyone out on the beach to help him look in the water? And is claiming he read that Aruba handbook prior to her having gone missing? What a load of hooey. Baez: GG has been in prison and doesn't know what's been said (re: their drinking)...and then GG responds to a litany of what's been said. Which one is it Baez? I'm also having a hard time believing GG's family just p/u the phone and called this wannabe celebrity. He won't quit either...will always be searching for the limelight. Ick and ugh!

For someone who had no access to the media as is told by his american lawyer, he sure jumped on the human trafficking band wagon in a hurry.

And Lambchop, I couldn't agree more, sounds like he is changing his story

I guess if one doesn't float, try another

How rediculous to mention human trafficking when you have been telling LE for four months that she disappeared under the water in your presense

Its highly unlikely that she disappeared while snorkelling and was snatched up by human traffickers

Which is it gary???

JMO
I forgot about that (the drug drop/human trafficking spot). Why the heck would he even offer up that information if he believed Robyn got pulled out to sea. THAT, IMHO, was probably the most telling bunch of cr@p!

WOW. That interview was incredible. I have done a 180 degree turn around - I found his answers completely believable, his explanations sound, and his mannerisms sincere.

He needs to lose the rug, though. Man.

While some of what he says sounds credible I think I would reserve judgment until we hear from the insurance companies and a response from Aruba about their main source of income being cocaine and human trafficing. And tourism being third in line, IMO, right under these first two. Amazing. And all the while I thought the money I was spending there was supporting their economy and all the while it's cocaine (that I have never seen) and boat loads of people being transported against their will to SA. I would hope Aruba would respond as those are very strong allegations that require a response.

I just find it odd that someone is claiming RG was a victum of a drowning and the next thing we know he has planted a seed that it could have been human trafficing. Scuba divers perhaps snatched her under the water and took her to a waiting boat????? But he could not see it because he was "so called" swimming to save his own life with those darn heavy sneakers on his feet. That does paint a picture, does it not? jmo
Ok...so he does claim that he was wearing sneakers in the water. If he brought his own snorkeling gear, where were his fins?

Ok...so he does claim that he was wearing sneakers in the water. If he brought his own snorkeling gear, where were his fins?

I don't think everyone snorkels with fins. They are bulky and not really necessary. I love to snorkel, and wear canvas tennis shoes like those cheap off brand Keds kind.

I forgot about that (the drug drop/human trafficking spot). Why the heck would he even offer up that information if he believed Robyn got pulled out to sea. THAT, IMHO, was probably the most telling bunch of cr@p!

He never says he witnessed her being washed out to sea. He doesn't know what happened to her. He just knows when he got back on shore, he never saw her again.

If I were in that situation, I might think she arrived back on shore and was kidnapped, too. Since he was swimming, he wouldn't know where she was during this swim back.

Why on earth did he have his three sons there, like he thought it gave him some extra credibility or something. How pathetic.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone respond in an interview like he did, he obviously did the interview because he thought it would benefit him, yet he was downright hostile, arrogant, rude and evasive. As though he did it just to try to show the world that he's in charge and has the upper hand.

And GG is certainly a sure 'nough smooth liar, but then he has had years to perfect it so it's not so surprising. Put him up against Casey Anthony in a lying contest it might just be a tie. Actually, JB would be pretty strong competition as well, IMO.

That he brings up human trafficking now?! Hopefully Aruba LE heard this interview. Maybe it'll be a big enough kick in the pants to Aruba that they'll get theirselves moving faster on this case and try harder to bring him to trial. :twocents:

Why on earth did he have his three sons there, like he thought it gave him some extra credibility or something. How pathetic.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone respond in an interview like he did, he obviously did the interview because he thought it would benefit him, yet he was downright hostile, arrogant, rude and evasive. As though he did it just to try to show the world that he's in charge and has the upper hand.

And GG is certainly a sure 'nough smooth liar, but then he has had years to perfect it so it's not so surprising. Put him up against Casey Anthony in a lying contest it might just be a tie. Actually, JB would be pretty strong competition as well, IMO.

That he brings up human trafficking now?! Hopefully Aruba LE heard this interview. Maybe it'll be a big enough kick in the pants to Aruba that they'll get theirselves moving faster on this case and try harder to bring him to trial. :twocents:

I didn't find him hostile or evasive at all - just forceful. I know a LOT of businessmen like that.

I don't know. Maybe it's harder to hold someone underwater while you are wearing fins???? I would think the reason he wore sneakers is that the water is very rocky there, no smooth sandy bottom and jagged rocks getting into the water at the point he claims they entered. No way would RG have been able to get into the water in bare feet after having a couple of drinks. In the videos RG is wearing wedge style high shoes, not beach wear.

I think GG picked the wrong beach for his snorkel story about her drowning. I have been out in a private fishing boat and the locals know all about the currents, what currents will bring something out to sea and what currents will return items to the shore. The Arubans are still searching because if she went in where he said she did.....they would have found something by now. It's not as if she were a mile out when they were snorkeling.

One big ole hole in his story is that GG grabbed RG's leg to tell her to turn around because the sea suddenly became too rough and he had to swim for his life. If this were true he would have removed his sneakers and he never would have ended up exactly where they went in because when the current gets strong you have to swim parallel to the beach until you can get in to shore. If this were true and he did this he would have been right at the Rum Runner's Cafe by the time he was ready to exit the water. His story leads us to believe he just swam right in to shore in a strong current. According to Aruba there were no strong currents that day and no storms out at sea to make the water rough.

He's a good talker and I can see how he could talk someone into doing something they really did not want to do. I also see him holding back on his "flash point". I would not want to be around him when he is angry. jmo

WOW. That interview was incredible. I have done a 180 degree turn around - I found his answers completely believable, his explanations sound, and his mannerisms sincere.

He needs to lose the rug, though. Man.

not being snarky, but are you serious about him being believable?

I didn't find him hostile or evasive at all - just forceful. I know a LOT of businessmen like that.

What is your explanation for the 1.5 mil insurance policy? No one takes out insurance on a friend when traveling. Maybe just insurance on getting your money back if you have to cancel your trip, but not if you die on the trip. that's ridiculous! Have you heard about his past or are you basing your opinion on his one interview? He is slimy and tried to have a threesome with a Mother and Daughter. Spying on people with a deer mask on. Begging anyone to go with him on this trip. GG is crazy and obviously killed Robyn. Why else would he call on JB for help? He needs a good liar to get him off!

He never says he witnessed her being washed out to sea. He doesn't know what happened to her. He just knows when he got back on shore, he never saw her again.

If I were in that situation, I might think she arrived back on shore and was kidnapped, too. Since he was swimming, he wouldn't know where she was during this swim back.

How he described swimming back in a strong current was wrong? The terrain is flat. If she swam back he would have seen her. There is really nothing there to block his view. 'He swam for his life and did not look back.' Does not know what happened to her. Was there something wrong with his voice? Did he not say he called out to her and was close enough to touch her? So how is it that he did not know where she was....or what happened to her. And why would he just leave her there without trying to help her get ashore. It would be different if he said she disappeared before it got rough but he says it got rough and he reached out and touched her to signal to go back in. Did he yell to her? You can hear even underwater but if he touched her he was close enough to grab her. If you have ever been to that beach his story makes no sense and that is why he was held in jail for that long period of time.

As far as being in jail with rapists and killers......here is an idea of the type of crimes Aruba is plagued with:

"Thus, the number of crimes has increased last year. The number of crimes committed in 2005 was 5511; in 2006, 5643; and in 2007, 6277. Again, the highest number of crimes committed is robbery, especially due to the increased number of housebreakings. Lowering the number of burglaries is therefore on the priority list of this year. The number of car thefts has decreased with 19 percent compared to 2006; which is positive, according to De Witte.

Same as past years, destruction and ill-treatment are the common crimes. The number of deadly violent offences is dropping; 3 versus 7 in 2006 and 6 in 2005. 67 Percent of these crimes are solved."

So yes, GG, we see your point of how scary it must have been with all those killers you had to spend time with. Certainly if he would lie about a detail he did not have to he will lie about the big stuff for sure. jmo

I don't think everyone snorkels with fins. They are bulky and not really necessary. I love to snorkel, and wear canvas tennis shoes like those cheap off brand Keds kind.

I do too

What is your explanation for the 1.5 mil insurance policy? No one takes out insurance on a friend when traveling. Maybe just insurance on getting your money back if you have to cancel your trip, but not if you die on the trip. that's ridiculous! Have you heard about his past or are you basing your opinion on his one interview? He is slimy and tried to have a threesome with a Mother and Daughter. Spying on people with a deer mask on. Begging anyone to go with him on this trip. GG is crazy and obviously killed Robyn. Why else would he call on JB for help? He needs a good liar to get him off!

The insurance thing was what made me so convinced early on that he was guilty. BUT.

Did you listen to his explanation? I thought it was really interesting, and certainly verifiable by LE if they want to check it.

Basically, what he said was he took out "trip insurance" for both of them, meaning, as you say, he could get his money back if they cancelled the trip. Then, he went on to add additional insurance for himself in case something happened to him, his boys would be taken care of. Makes sense so far.

He went on to say that you can't "uncheck" the box for both of them. Whatever insurance one has, the other has also. So while it wasn't his intent to insure her, he says, he had to in order to insure himself. Both or nothing.

If that's truly the case, it makes absolute sense to me, and thoroughly explains why he had insurance on her.

And that was my biggest sticking point. He was drinking enough to maybe perceive approaching dark clouds were a storm, whatever, and she could have drowned without any kind of water turbulence. The way people drown in a swimming pool. It seems very clear she wasn't an experienced swimmer because her friends all say she would never have put her head in the water, so it appears she never swam. But I believe someone who "never swims" might be so moved by the beauty of that place, and the thrill of a vacation, to do something they didn't usually do.

I do wish the reporter had asked the question of where did her snorkeling gear come from. That's the final question I have.

The insurance thing was what made me so convinced early on that he was guilty. BUT.

Did you listen to his explanation? I thought it was really interesting, and certainly verifiable by LE if they want to check it.

Basically, what he said was he took out "trip insurance" for both of them, meaning, as you say, he could get his money back if they cancelled the trip. Then, he went on to add additional insurance for himself in case something happened to him, his boys would be taken care of. Makes sense so far.

He went on to say that you can't "uncheck" the box for both of them. Whatever insurance one has, the other has also. So while it wasn't his intent to insure her, he says, he had to in order to insure himself. Both or nothing.

If that's truly the case, it makes absolute sense to me, and thoroughly explains why he had insurance on her.

And that was my biggest sticking point. He was drinking enough to maybe perceive approaching dark clouds were a storm, whatever, and she could have drowned without any kind of water turbulence. The way people drown in a swimming pool. It seems very clear she wasn't an experienced swimmer because her friends all say she would never have put her head in the water, so it appears she never swam. But I believe someone who "never swims" might be so moved by the beauty of that place, and the thrill of a vacation, to do something they didn't usually do.

I do wish the reporter had asked the question of where did her snorkeling gear come from. That's the final question I have.

thank you for your explanation and it does make sense, BUT GG is not a stupid guy and why was he searching hi and low for someone to go on this trip with him? That alone sounds fishy! Who wants to go on vacation with a stranger? Robyn finally relented to go after being begged. GG probably already knew about the insurance glitch and it's working in his favor already. Where is Robyn? Why hasn't her body washed to shore. I'm sorry, but I think this guy is quilty as sin. He was having money problems and figured he could get out of debt in one quick and enjoying vacation. He is sick in the head. Who wears a "deer mask" and looks through peoples windows. Ughh

Giordano said he believed Gardner's disappearance may have had something to do with what he called Aruba's two biggest illegal income sources: cocaine and human trafficking.

"It's a half-hour boat ride to Venezuela, and it turns out that where we were, the beach, that's where they drop off illegals to swim to shore," Giordano said.

This statement sends cold chills up my spine. This is what Robyn's b/f has been investigating and some others. To see this statement made by GG himself ... it doesn't make sense for him to be saying this at this time unless he has some kind of knowledge about it of some sort.

Wow.

Ummm if someone was waiting on the shore to steal her he would have seen it. He is not making sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAA