ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I don't believe Geraldo believes him either.

I question why this interview was not made available online like all the others were. Only Richard Forester's segment was accessible. Baez cautioned Giordano about giving too much detail. Did Giordano say something that could be used against him? If so, could this be the reason the video of the interview was not produced?
-bolded by me-

The whole 8 minute interview with Giordano is online:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/geraldo/index.html

THis article from the Aruba Daily sounds somewhat similar to a previous one posted, but I don't have time right now to go back and check if it may have some differences, so here's the link.

Jose Baez lashes out in Geraldo Rivera interview
Posted by Aruba Daily on December 7th, 2011

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=9069

How do we know Robyn didn't set GG up? Perhaps she did snorkle away to a waiting boat? Maybe no body has turned up because there is no body?

To what end?

How do we know Robyn didn't set GG up? Perhaps she did snorkle away to a waiting boat? Maybe no body has turned up because there is no body?

GG was the one that set this whole vacation trip up. He invited other women before he invited RG. They declined the offer. But he asked her to go on this trip many times and was the one doing the setting up.

If it wasn't alcohol, why was he going from the beach cafe to their car and back with their empty cups? Did he actually deny during interviews that he was getting alcohol? I it that was earlier established that he was getting vodka from the car?

Yes, he did deny it in an interview ... he said he was getting "juice".

LOL!

Yes, he did deny it in an interview ... he said he was getting "juice".

LOL!

He did admit they were drinking "moderately". He just failed to mention what was in the juice, IMO. Most people bring water or a power drink with them when then they venture out. To bring juice to drink in a cup when you are not toteing around a 2 year old would lead me to believe it was just a little more than just plain juice. jmo

GG was the one that set this whole vacation trip up. He invited other women before he invited RG. They declined the offer. But he asked her to go on this trip many times and was the one doing the setting up.

I'll bet those other women are thanking their lucky stars about now. What was his deal with Aruba. I think he had this insurance scam set up for a long time and thought he could absolutely get away with it.

If this has already been posted, my apologies.. I wonder if there will be more repercussions for JB in regards to the statement he made on GMA about Lopez - saying he was the one pushing GG to check on the insurance and that he, Lopez, had ulterior motives.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/12/gary-giordano-wig-aruba-release-jose-baez-jacket

"I have been informed this morning that during some U.S. television morning talk shows, CNN-ABC, that a certain Mr. Baez, allegedly the U.S. attorney for Mr. Gary Giordano, made some unfounded statements in my direction," Aruban lawyer Michael Lopez wrote in an e-mail statement to RadarOnline.com.

"These statements are not based on reality."

Lopez explained that confidentiality laws prevented him from revealing "the arrangement that may exist between said parties," but stressed that Mr. Giordano is "well aware of the arrangements between him and his lawyer, in this case, my person."

"Mr. Baez at some occasions, through my intervention, tried to get free access to my client, Mr. Giordano, and also wanted access to the entire case file. However, Mr. Baez was not competent to practice his profession as a lawyer in Aruba and therefore I did not deem it responsible to grant him free access."
The attorney went on to conclude: "Any statement given by Mr. Baez in the American media therefore remains his sole responsibility and under no circumstances will those statements force me to act against the rules of professional ethics that are universal for all attorneys and legal representatives."

So this is what a professional attorney sounds like. I'm not sure why GG would want to retain a personal injury attorney while he was being questioned by the Aruban police. Maybe GG felt he just needed some advice and any attorney would do because he planned on leaving the next day. But it is normal for a personal injury attorney to get 1/3 of any compensation their client gets in a personal injury case. This was not a personal injury case so I hardly think an ethical attorney would have asked for that.

It just sound interesting that the money issue even came up. We will never know what the real arrangements were but if anyone brought the insurance money up it would have been GG. I would think the attorney may have told him he needed to at least notify the insurance company that RG was missing before leaving the island. That would make sense so I think that part would be true. However the agents saying he sounded as if he'd won the lottery was more than likely true also. My guess is his original plan was to wait until he had gotten home. And why would he call 4 times?????

I think if he tries to file a claim they will do an investigation. Even if he is never tried the insurance company might not pay it out claiming there is no proof of her death I think. But we shall see.

Funny how he hesitates and then says he's thinking about putting in the claim.....(for his boy's future, IMO). How considerate to be thinking about his boys. Right.

What a coward he is to be hiding behind his boys. jmo

So this is what a professional attorney sounds like. I'm not sure why GG would want to retain a personal injury attorney while he was being questioned by the Aruban police. Maybe GG felt he just needed some advice and any attorney would do because he planned on leaving the next day. But it is normal for a personal injury attorney to get 1/3 of any compensation their client gets in a personal injury case. This was not a personal injury case so I hardly think an ethical attorney would have asked for that.

It just sound interesting that the money issue even came up. We will never know what the real arrangements were but if anyone brought the insurance money up it would have been GG. I would think the attorney may have told him he needed to at least notify the insurance company that RG was missing before leaving the island. That would make sense so I think that part would be true. However the agents saying he sounded as if he'd won the lottery was more than likely true also. My guess is his original plan was to wait until he had gotten home. And why would he call 4 times?????

I think if he tries to file a claim they will do an investigation. Even if he is never tried the insurance company might not pay it out claiming there is no proof of her death I think. But we shall see.

Funny how he hesitates and then says he's thinking about putting in the claim.....(for his boy's future, IMO). How considerate to be thinking about his boys. Right.

What a coward he is to be hiding behind his boys. jmo

I don't know how the insurance will play out

In garys words, she was drinking and taking sleeping pills at the time

There may be a clause...

The National Enquirer’s Oct. 10 story quoted an anonymous source who said that two witnesses told police they saw Gardner fighting with her travel companion, Gary Giordano of Gaithersburg, and then saw him bury her alive in a dog grave.

Other media have now republished the information, citing the Enquirer.

But Stein said police did not hear this from any witnesses.
http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...m-that-witness-saw-frederick&template=gazette

Just something I keep turning over in my head, what if the witnesses actually did see and report a couple fighting in a car, then drove off as they said without getting any identifying information, such as license plate number, didn't even see their faces. When they went back to do so, the car was gone.

So with no positive ID, the LE had nothing to go on and had no way to verify the report. Though we haven't heard LE verify any part of the report, I don't think the part he is referring to that "is ludicrous" is the reported fight but the report of them witnessing her being buried in a dog grave. :twocents:

This is the report about the dress
Also shows the jagged shoreline

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aru...tab=9482930&section=1206852&playlist=14426693
----------
Thank you for that video again, Dushi. You will also notice that in addition to the jagged rocks, the wind is strong. It is not in an insulated bay, like Baby Beach. She would not have wanted to lie down there, especially disrobed. The air, with the salt in it would wreck your hair, plus the wind would pick up sand and salt and assault your skin. No way.

----------
Thank you for that video again, Dushi. You will also notice that in addition to the jagged rocks, the wind is strong. It is not in an insulated bay, like Baby Beach. She would not have wanted to lie down there, especially disrobed. The air, with the salt in it would wreck your hair, plus the wind would pick up sand and salt and assault your skin. No way.

Not only that but the most compelling argument that she did not get into the water there are the rocks. Why would someone after alledgedly cutting her toe on a jagged rock continue to walk through those rocks to get into the water where there are more rocks to get cut on. It is pretty shallow there before you get deep enough to swim out. In the video posted here you can see the water getting a little deeper but straight ahead in the distance is a huge rock that almost reaches the surface. It's not a place you would want to "just dive into" when you get waist deep. This video was taken with the Sun directly overhead and not at 6pm at night.

I have to sit down and make a list of all those little details he has exposed that do not make any sense. jmo

I have to sit down and make a list of all those little details he has exposed that do not make any sense. jmo

another issue from that video that is contradictory-- GG stated RG didn't care about going in the water b/c she had a hair appt scheduled for when they returned from aruba, but roommate and RG's hairdresser CJ says this wasn't the case.

sorry if this was already mentioned... i didn't see it.

nothing he says can be believed imo.

another issue from that video that is contradictory-- GG stated RG didn't care about going in the water b/c she had a hair appt scheduled for when they returned from aruba, but roommate and RG's hairdresser CJ says this wasn't the case.

sorry if this was already mentioned... i didn't see it.

nothing he says can be believed imo.

And to add to that, her roommate said she had just done her hair so she would not have wanted to get it wet in the salt water. This would explain the fisherman seeing them walking along the beachy area where the car was but not getting into the water. She may have told him she was not getting in. jmo

I know that is strange, isn't it??? Could it be something that was said that now GR regrets???? jmo

That's what I'm thinking. Remember, Baez cautioned Giordano about giving too much detail and to just get to the point.

I don't know how the insurance will play out

In garys words, she was drinking and taking sleeping pills at the time

There may be a clause...

There is a clause ... I thought I posted it in the other thread (before this one).

Alcohol and drugs are in that clause as a disqualification and, GG has stated they both drank in the morning, those at the restaurant have said she seemed confused and GG said she had taken sleeping pills.

IMHO the insurance carrier has many reasons to deny a claim if one should be presented to them.

I do not think they will be handing any $ over to GG for many many years, if at all ... you must wait 7 years if there is no proof of death ... any disqualifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper