Atlantic City Eastbound Strangler 4 Women Found Dead behind Motel Egg Harbor Twp, Nov 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So glad there's an update!
I was wondering what was happening with this case.

http://www.nj.com/news/bridgeton/local/index.ssf?/base/news-8/117566072134600.xml&coll=10

Wednesday, April 04, 2007
By RANDALL CLARK
Staff Writer
ALLOWAY TWP. -- A task force assembled to solve the deaths of four women whose bodies were found in a ditch outside Atlantic City last year spent Monday night and Tuesday searching a home here in connection with the unsolved, high-profile case, authorities said.

The search was executed at a house at 183 Alloway-Friesburg Road. According to property records, the house is owned by Terry L. Oleson.

Authorities from several law enforcement agencies took part.

An occupant of the house once worked as a maintenance man at the motel in Egg Harbor Township near where the bodies of the women were found last Nov. 20, according to authorities.

No one has been arrested in the case and it was not clear from authorities what led them to search the Alloway property.

A 34-year-old man who lived in the house had been questioned by authorities, according to wire reports, but officials declined to release his name.

"All I can say at this point is that the house was searched as part of the continuing investigation into the four murders that took place In Egg Harbor Township," said Atlantic County Prosecutor Jeffrey Blitz on Tuesday, who is heading the investigation. "The (Atlantic County) prosecutor's office in conjunction with a special task force of state and local police are working diligently on the case."

The four dead women were found lying close together in a drainage ditch behind the Golden Key Motel on the Black Horse Pike (Route 322), an establishment which -- along with many others along the highway -- has long been considered part of the seedy underside of Atlantic City.

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-25/117569874393170.xml&storylist=jersey

4/4/2007, 10:54 a.m. EDT
By WAYNE PARRY
The Associated Press

EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — A former handyman at a motel near where the bodies of four prostitutes were found last November was not charged with a crime following two days of interviews with authorities.

A law enforcement official familiar with the case said the 34-year-old man had been interviewed at the Atlantic County Prosecutor's office in Mays Landing on Monday and Tuesday, and was allowed to leave the office Tuesday without being charged or arrested.

Officials with a task force set up after the four bodies were found face-down in a drainage ditch searched the man's house in Alloway Township, Salem County on Monday and Tuesday, taking away unspecified items in several boxes.

The man had been staying last fall at the Golden Key Motel on the Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Township, just west of the Atlantic City border. He did odd jobs and maintenance work at the motel in return for a break on his rent, authorities and the motel's owner said.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity due to the ongoing investigation.

Of the four women whose bodies were found last November, two had been murdered; autopsies could not determine the cause of death for the other two because they had been in the ditch for so long. No arrests have been made.

http://wcbstv.com/newjerseywire/NJ--BodiesFound/resources_news_html

Sunday, May 20, 2007
ALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) A man whose house was searched in connection with the discovery last November of four bodies in a ditch west of Atlantic City has been asked to provide DNA samples to prosecutors, even though he has not publicly been termed a suspect in the deaths.
Terry Oleson has been jailed since last month when he was arrested on an unrelated charge of invasion of privacy involving the alleged secret videotaping of a 15-year-old girl.
The 34-year-old former part-time handyman was staying at the Golden Key Motel in Egg Harbor Township last November, yards away from the ditch where the bodies of the four women were found.
Oleson's house was searched on April 2, and he was questioned by investigators on that day and the next. Oleson told The Press of Atlantic City last week that the eight-hour interrogation turned confrontational at one point.
``We know you did it,'' he recalled one questioner telling him. ``How much time you get depends on what your answers are here.''
Oleson said that authorities took his pickup truck so they could compare the tire treads with tread imprints left at the crime scene. He said when he told investigators he wanted to end the interrogation and leave because he wasn't being charged, he was told, ``Not without your truck you ain't, because we seized it.''
Since then, Chief Assistant Prosecutor Jill Horenberger filed a motion to have Oleson provide DNA evidence to compare with evidence from the crime scene.
Oleson's attorney, James J. Leonard Jr., has sought to have evidence against his client unsealed, particularly the affidavits that led to the search warrant for Oleson's house. A hearing scheduled for May 9 was postponed until June 8.
Oleson told the newspaper he believes a former girlfriend was responsible for investigators coming to his home on April 2. Teresa Fair had been under a court order to leave the house the two shared on the night before the house was searched.
He also said a former friend, Melissa Bishop, accused him of assault, a charge he denies. Bishop is in prison serving a drug conviction. Oleson said he severed contact with Bishop after he learned she was a prostitute.
``If you're basing your entire theory on a prostitute with a drug history and a scorned ex-girlfriend, it doesn't take a genius to realize why they aren't releasing those affidavits,'' Leonard told the newspaper.

I would probably beleive her before I would beleive a guy taping 15 year old girls. Atleast she isn't trying to play it down............unlike some other people........

Did anyone see the show on this on Saturday night? I believe it was 48 hours. The guy looked remarkably like the sketch the artist drew for the prostitute. I also found it interesting that the profilers believed the killer had an interest in the visual arts due to the way the bodies were positioned. Meanwhile, this guy is found to be a video voyeur, and was familar with the dumping grounds. I don't know - this guy certainly seems to fit, IMO.

Interesting that he claims he severed the relationship with the woman who accuses him of assault "after he found out she was a prostitute" AND he is being investigated for assaulting and murdering prostitutes. Hmmm...:waitasec:

Did anyone see the show on this on Saturday night? I believe it was 48 hours. The guy looked remarkably like the sketch the artist drew for the prostitute. I also found it interesting that the profilers believed the killer had an interest in the visual arts due to the way the bodies were positioned. Meanwhile, this guy is found to be a video voyeur, and was familar with the dumping grounds. I don't know - this guy certainly seems to fit, IMO.

I saw it and thought the sketch looked like him also but the woman said it was not this guy from a recent photo...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/19/bodies.found.ap/index.html?iref=werecommend
Although they never explicitly said so, Terry Oleson, 35, was once prosecutors' prime suspect in the hooker deaths. He had been staying at the Golden Key Motel -- the same $27-a-night hot-sheet hovel behind which the bodies were found -- just before they were discovered.
Inside his house, which was rigged with hidden video cameras, authorities discovered nude images of his then-girlfriend's 15-year-old daughter.
He was arrested in April in connection with the videotaping, and agreed when prosecutors requested in June that he submit DNA samples.
Authorities still won't say what the tests revealed.
Oleson pleaded guilty to the nude videotaping charge last month and was released on bail until he is sentenced in two weeks. He walked free wearing a tow-truck company T-shirt with the slogan "Off the Hook" written across the chest.
"When he walked out of the Salem County jail, that certainly spoke volumes," said his attorney, James Leonard. "If they had DNA that linked Terry Oleson to any of these women, without question they would have charged him. I haven't seen a shred of evidence that would link him to these crimes."
Oleson said the past seven months have been "a living nightmare."
"There's no way my DNA was anywhere near them," he said. "I never met them. I wish I had some information for everybody. I hope they find whoever did this."
The case has filled other prostitutes with fear.
(much more at link)

Do you think that the Daytona serial killer moved north? From what i heard he was never caught, and he was killing prostitutes also.. sometimes they travel around. There was one in Maryland also.

A whole year has gone by. Prayers going up for these women. This crime for some reason has really gotten to me. So many people were judgemental about these women. They were mothers, wives, sisters and daughters. They did not deserve to die in such an awful way. I'd like to know ehre their shoes are. If the guy kept them or disposed of them. It's so sad.

Do you think that the Daytona serial killer moved north? From what i heard he was never caught, and he was killing prostitutes also.. sometimes they travel around. There was one in Maryland also.
Check out the MO's to see if they match up. If so, phone the tip in.

The MO's in this one, the cases in FL, and in MD are that they were all prostitutes.. which is all too common for SK's.
Now i'm thinking maybe the NJ and MD ones are related, yet not the Daytona cases..

Thanks for bringing up this case again. I was thinking about it last week, wondering if they had nabbed anyone yet for these senseless killings.

Dayle Hinman has also come to mind, thinking of what she would say as a forensic profiler. I have seen many of her shows, and s few dealt with just such a crime.

I think she would say:

* All the victims were found in the same close geographical area, similar Modus Operandi for all.
* I think they all worked and lived close by in that area.
* The killer is geographically tagged to this area as well and could well live in the same geographical area.
* So then, Dayle would say since there have been no similar killings in the area since, the perp either mover out of the area, is in prison or died.

xox

PS: I bet it is the guy they had tagged but couldn't find evidence to arrest him for murder. He lived very close to where they were found.

I have just read this whole thread. These women may have had a high risk lifestyle, but they were someones wife, daughter, sister, and maybe mother. Their lives had value too.

I would love for this sick to be apprehended! I hope there will be updates soon and would like to read that it has been solved! These women deserve justice and the families deserve closure.

I have just read this whole thread. These women may have had a high risk lifestyle, but they were someones wife, daughter, sister, and maybe mother. Their lives had value too.

I would love for this sick to be apprehended! I hope there will be updates soon and would like to read that it has been solved! These women deserve justice and the families deserve closure.

"There For The Grace Of God Go I" is what I say, LA. That was very kind of you. This isn't far from me where these women were murdered. Nobody sets out to become a prostitute in this life I doubt. These women deserve justice.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostnfound
Back