ATTN: All CSI and Dexter fans

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Annazed..

Do you think that Terri felt that Kyron was more of an obstacle to her going to the gym than her toddler daughter? tia

IMDB.com is a great place to look up tv shows, movies, and actors.

The CSI Las Vegas episodes are listed in chronological order by season and original air date:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247082/episodes.

I don't recall any episodes from CSI Las Vegas that are exactly like the Kyron case though.

The 2 episodes that stick out in my mind are:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534709/ "Justice Is Served"

where a mom drowns her daughter at an amusement park ride so she can be free of the burden of being a mom because she thinks her boyfriend doesn't want kids. It's the SODDI defense.

The other episode is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534744/ "Still Life"

where a mom says her kid was kidnapped at a park. Through investigating it turns out that she fakes the kidnapping and photoshops herself and some random kid in photos at home. The random kid is a regular visitor to the park in her neighborhood. The child is seen at the park and the real parents are brought in and it's DNA to show who the real parents are.

The mom who says her son was kidnapped is of course psychotic (whether her own real bio child died from a drug overdose or what isn't clear) but the mom is nuts She fakes a kidnapping to acquire a child.

I need to rewatch that episode to be sure of the ending - it's been a while since I watched that episode.

By the way, since there are three CSIs (Las Vegas, Miami, NY) , did TH list which CSI was her favorite on facebook?

I am a big fan of all the different CSI series. It sickens me to think about someone watching those episodes about children and fantasizing about killing a stepchild. :furious: The point of the tv series is justice for the victims. I really, really hate the episode in which an obsessed mother has a daughter just so they can harvest her blood marrow to keep the beloved brother alive - omg. It's just evil.

Horatio Caine is on CSI Miami - the actor with red hair.

I think probably if this woman picked up any tips from CSI Las Vegas it would be about blending in with a crowd (like the group at the science fair), leaving false alibis (like the story the teacher told about the stepmother allegedly saying she was taking the boy with her to an appointment - but later blaming the school), and all of this happening while her husband was out of town (less chance of someone interfering in her plans, whatever they were).

Of course, if she is a Narcissist (which seems pretty clear), she will still expect to get away with the crime even though she knows something about forensics. Everyone knows something about forensics now but people still leave clues like blood, hair, fingerprints, or some type of trail. And Narcissists lie when they don't have to - about little things - and the FBI will know that. So I'm sure this woman will trip herself up eventually.

But she must have hidden the body really well, or had help, or this would have been solved by now.

It was established early on that Terri likes CSI as it was listed on her FB and we think that might be a good reason Kyron was wearing a CSI TShirt.

I do not watch any CSI shows and can't help with this quest, but is there a CSI show that Terri might have modeled if she is responsible for Kyron's disappearance?

Not really; the closest one I can think of is "Still Life".

Anyone notice the character's name is "Caine"? :waitasec:

Yep I did last night....but I was hoping I read it wrong....but after sleeping I see I was not wrong on the name...........ugh.

Annazed...Do you think that Terri felt that Kyron was more of an obstacle to her going to the gym than her toddler daughter? tia

...Yes I do. Bearing in mind that I am postulating that Teri has a certain kind of personality disorder with which I am familiar, I would say that her baby is a "mini me" and in her eyes perfect in every way. Baby K is also still a baby and not talking back much yet. I think poor Kyron served a purpose for Terri when he was a baby and made a good prop for her perfect image of herself, now ... not so much.

Kyron is at the "it's not fair!" stage of childhood. An intelligent child at this stage of life will be quick to point out inequities and falsehoods in the world around him and insist on "fairness." Kyron seems to be very intelligent and maybe he has a lot of energy. Maybe now Terri feels that he is time-consuming and exhausting to care for. This is nearly impossible for a person not motivated by the deep unselfish love that sustains most mothers. (**I am not saying all step-mothers are like this, only that a personality disordered person in that position might think this way**) I also think that it is possible that Kyron "has Terri's number" and has called her more than once on fibs, falsehoods, manipulations and outright lies. and has maybe said that he intends to tell Tony or Desiree about them.

Obviously, these are just suppositions; I don't know Terri Horman and I am not a medical professional. I am just a person who had a three year experience with a deeply personality disordered person and have lived to tell the tale. In addition, this person (whom I called "Drama Mama") is also completely indifferent to the boundaries that are part of the normal social contract that normal people all understand: morals, laws, sexual boundaries, garden variety social discourse and the level of honesty about important things that for most everyone else is just a given.

Yes actually, I posted this back on June 19th....

CSI Season 5 Episode 3 - Harvest

Woman (with lots of red hair, actually) goes to school to pick up her child. Very impatiently waiting, honking the horn.

Teacher comes over and asks if something is wrong.

Mother asks what is taking the child so long as they have a doctor's appointment.

Teacher says child is not at school.

Mother says she has to be there, she saw her leave for school that morning.

Teacher says she hasn't been in any of her classes that day.

It is alleged that the child was abducted from outside a convenience store while she was with her sister.

They find the child's body and determine she was dead before she was reported kidnapped.

They are suspicious of the mother apparently liking the other children more
than the murdered child. Possibly only using the murdered child to help save her favorite child, the son who had a terminal illness.

The blanket she was wrapped in match fibers in the house. The boot prints match the father's boots.

It ended up being the brother who killed her to save the girl from having to keep "saving" him, then the parents covered it up and the sister faked the kidnapping.

I tried to find this somewhere else, but couldn't. I was really only looking for a clip, but this is the whole episode. The first few minutes covers the school and reported abduction part.

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/csi/videos/75207/title/season-5-episode-3-harvest?part=1

It is: CSI aka CSI Las Vegas - Season 5 Episode 3 - Harvest, If anyone finds it somewhere that will play faster than this link...or has a shorter clip let me know.

o/t but one of the more disturbing episodes.

the mother had the daughter as a genetic match to provied blood, bone marrow ect for cancer stricken son. essentially the daughter was nothing but a guniee pig and wasnt treated like a real daughter. the mother's only thought after finding son murdered his sister was covering for him.

even more disturbing, when grissom confronts the son, he asks him 'why didnt you just kill yourself instead?' and he said 'god hates suicide' and grissom naturally says "so how does he feel about murder?" son then says that with his cancer he'll be dead in a year without his sister and they wont send him to prison.

only person in the family i had sympathy for was the daughter, who was born for the wrong reasons, used like she was property and disgarded like garbage.

oh and they went to great lenghts to cover it up. they even attempted to frame a local sex offender, figuring no one would believe him.

Thanks for the response, Annazed. That's a lot to think about. What you say makes a lot of sense. I saw Terri's facebook page, and it was full of ravings about the baby girl and all the cute things she was doing. Nothing about Kyron in what I saw. I did think about it at the time, and hoped that she didn't let what I felt was her favoritism show off-computer. She dotes on the girl.

Now she has neither.

If Terri isn't telling where she was that day to keep an unrelated secret, she could be preventing LE from doing a proper search for Kyron, in case he was actually kidnapped by an unknown person.

Past time for this to be over. I pray Kyron is all right, but am afraid that he isn't. It's so unfair ...

CSI Season 5 Episode 3 - Harvest

Woman (with lots of red hair, actually) goes to school to pick up her child. Very impatiently waiting, honking the horn.

Teacher comes over and asks if something is wrong.

Mother asks what is taking the child so long as they have a doctor's appointment.

Teacher says child is not at school.

Mother says she has to be there, she saw her leave for school that morning.

Teacher says she hasn't been in any of her classes that day.

It is alleged that the child was abducted from outside a convenience store while she was with her sister.

They find the child's body and determine she was dead before she was reported kidnapped.

They are suspicious of the mother apparently liking the other children more
than the murdered child. Possibly only using the murdered child to help save her favorite child, the son who had a terminal illness.

The blanket she was wrapped in match fibers in the house. The boot prints match the father's boots.

It ended up being the brother who killed her to save the girl from having to keep "saving" him, then the parents covered it up and the sister faked the kidnapping.

I missed the family's Red Mustang when I watched it before. :eek:

They have a gardener and a pool man.

She was spotted from a helicopter, in a clearing with trees, they refer to it as the woods. There was a lot of power lines. A small hill with power poles right near the body.

While they search for other evidence where her body was found, they are walking through tall vegetation with trees around.

The area she was found is not as dense as near Skyline but does remind me of Sauvie Island.

She was overdosed and died from cardio-pulmonary arrest. She died between midnight and 8am the day she was reported abducted in the afternoon. She was put in the trunk and there was marks on her back from the Dad's tripod.

She was wrapped up with her face covered and they point out that would help preserve evidence as well as indicate remorse, guilt and caring. At the same time it was made to look like a sexual assault, though there was none.

**** Most of Sauvie Island looks similar to the place on this CSI episode.... I don't know if there is a place with a lot of power lines or not. However, here are two spots specifically. There are many more... but this is just showing how there are fairly large bodies of water right next to the road... as well as lots of smaller roads too. If I lived there, I would totally be out there right now driving around.****

It would take less than 5 minutes to be pulled over total and put something weighted down in this body of water. You would be right by your vehicle so could easily leave another child in there.

24875 NW Oak Island Road, Oregon

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...707048,-122.821226&spn=0.006458,0.013797&z=16

It was a kind of "clearing" like this in the CSI episode, except this is a side road too.

25110 NW Oak Island Road, Oregon

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=Pj8m18nFcp_VVsCypUMbxg&cbp=12,164.97,,0,9.21

I tried to find this somewhere else, but couldn't. I was really only looking for a clip, but this is the whole episode. The first few minutes covers the school and reported abduction part.

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/csi/videos/75207/title/season-5-episode-3-harvest?part=1

Thanks that is very interesting...I never heard of exhibit like that.
I wonder if Kyron went? It does seem like Kyron and family did a lot of family trips.

BBM

Yes the photos are on her FB. They were still available online even though her FB is private. I don't know if I can post the link or not, but won't since it is OT from this convo.

BTW, the character mentioned as "Caine" is "[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Caine"]Horatio Caine[/ame]" and he is one of the good guys.

...Yes I do. Bearing in mind that I am postulating that Teri has a certain kind of personality disorder with which I am familiar, I would say that her baby is a "mini me" and in her eyes perfect in every way. Baby K is also still a baby and not talking back much yet. I think poor Kyron served a purpose for Terri when he was a baby and made a good prop for her perfect image of herself, now ... not so much.

Kyron is at the "it's not fair!" stage of childhood. An intelligent child at this stage of life will be quick to point out inequities and falsehoods in the world around him and insist on "fairness." Kyron seems to be very intelligent and maybe he has a lot of energy. Maybe now Terri feels that he is time-consuming and exhausting to care for. This is nearly impossible for a person not motivated by the deep unselfish love that sustains most mothers. (**I am not saying all step-mothers are like this, only that a personality disordered person in that position might think this way**) I also think that it is possible that Kyron "has Terri's number" and has called her more than once on fibs, falsehoods, manipulations and outright lies. and has maybe said that he intends to tell Tony or Desiree about them.

Obviously, these are just suppositions; I don't know Terri Horman and I am not a medical professional. I am just a person who had a three year experience with a deeply personality disordered person and have lived to tell the tale. In addition, this person (whom I called "Drama Mama") is also completely indifferent to the boundaries that are part of the normal social contract that normal people all understand: morals, laws, sexual boundaries, garden variety social discourse and the level of honesty about important things that for most everyone else is just a given.

Such an excellent post, Annazed, with really astute observations, in my opinion. I'm glad you "lived to tell the tale" after your three year experience with "Drama Mama." I'm sure it was hell (I know from personal experience, as well) *and* it's amazing how much such an experience can teach us.

I totally agree with your "it's not fair!" stage of childhood Kyron is in and how for a very intelligent child (as I believe he is) he could be a real challenge for a personality disordered individual who doesn't tell the truth and wants to look "perfect" in the eyes of the world.

(I hope Kyron is still alive. I speak of him in the present tense because I can't bear to think otherwise.)

Thank you for your very observant post. I think you "nailed it."

One thing we do know about Terri is that she is a CSI fan.

Now, in my mind that doesn't equate to being a criminal master-mind.

That said, it's been discussed if there have been any episodes resembling Kyron's case, where a child is taken from school or with numerous potential witnesses about, etc.

But now we have another redhead, who looks remarkably similar to Terri.

So I wonder...

What CSI episodes involve twins or look-alikes? I only watch the original, so I'm sure they've done episodes that fall into this category; I'll have to do a search. I wonder about the other CSI shows, too.

One thing we do know about Terri is that she is a CSI fan.

Now, in my mind that doesn't equate to being a criminal master-mind.

That said, it's been discussed if there have been any episodes resembling Kyron's case, with a child being taken from school or with numerous potential witnesses about, etc.

But now we have another redhead, who looks remarkably similar to Terri.

So I wonder...

What CSI episodes involve twins or look-alikes? I only watch the original, so I'm sure they've done episodes that fall into this category; I'll have to do a search. I wonder about the other CSIs too.

O/T: There may have been an episode called "The Impostinator" :)

Here's the list of all seasons & episodes for CSI:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CSI:_Crime_Scene_Investigation_episodes"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CSI:_Crime_Scene_Investigation_episodes[/ame]

I've scanned through some of them but so far haven't found anything that mirrors this case, maybe parts of certain episodes but not a whole episode.

thanks.

Just trying to remember off the top of my head here... I recall one where the victims were look-alikes (or twins?).

'Course if she liked "CSI", she may have watched forensic files or other of the genre.

Thinking...

One of the CSI Miami episodes had triplets that were involved in various aspects of the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back