Attorney Brad Conway To Release More Evidence In Anthony Case On 09/30/09

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which could also mean it's highly likely it came from the same household if not actually from the same roll. And it's not likely we'll ever find out if it did. We have absolutely no idea what kind of stuff was in the Anthony's garbage for all the weeks KC was bonded out. There wasn't anybody even watching her at home during the second one. I'll bet she cleaned up and threw out anything the least bit incriminating. It's not like her parents would stop her - they certainly didn't believe in behavior "interventions". Too bad that "garbage lady" wasn't around 24/7.

I am hoping they were bugged... now that would be worth waiting for, listening to that behind the scenes maneuvering.

What I heard on the news this afternoon, Whatever channel NG is on, any way, they said BC states there is no match but forensics and the tape company itself states 120 - 130 thousand rolls of the stuff was sold in 2006 and it matches, plus the probability of someone having 2 rolls of it in Florida were 250,000 to 1. I wish I had a link but I do not.

This is the closest link I can find so far.....

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...he-defense-possibly-suffered-a-huge-loss.html

Which could also mean it's highly likely it came from the same household if not actually from the same roll. And it's not likely we'll ever find out if it did. We have absolutely no idea what kind of stuff was in the Anthony's garbage for all the weeks KC was bonded out. There wasn't anybody even watching her at home during the second one. I'll bet she cleaned up and threw out anything the least bit incriminating. It's not like her parents would stop her - they certainly didn't believe in behavior "interventions". Too bad that "garbage lady" wasn't around 24/7.
Was the tape sold in a 2 or 4 or 6 etc roll package? That's a possibility.

Well, this whole thing today was a sham, nothing more than trying to tamper with possible jurists. Do these idiots not realize, it doesn't matter what they do, the jury will hear all the evidence during the trial?

I am feeling less confident in this case, however. I thought there was a specific match with the duct tape found on Caylee, and the gas can tape. Then to find out that the heart sticker/tape was destroyed as evidence. Very disheartening. I am so very very afraid that this monster may walk away scott-free.

Nah. No way. the SA could walk into court the 1st day of trial and describe her actions and rest. The jury is going to convict. No one on this planet with a child, especially a woman who gave birth to that child, can be that nonchalant without being involved. Against all human nature.

It is also quite possible that at trial, the prosecution will being up the strong possibility that the duct tape from the skull and gas cans is a match, taking into consideration the fact of the skull being submerged in water for so long and providing the documentation and experts they have.

The defense then counters with their opinion and documentation that the tapes do NOT match.

It is left to the jury to decide which version they believe, and if they are undecided, they may just decide to not consider this evidence (split opinions) and decide the case based on all other evidence.

Bascially throw it out there and let the jury decide...

IKWYM, HD ...

Still...

If one piece was 50% cotton and 50% polyester and the other 90% polyester and 10% cotton, I would conclude the fiber composition is dissimilar. Yet the difference in composition could be due to degradation of cotton, leaving mostly polyester behind.

What would really be telling is whether or not there was a difference in the weave pattern. I would not expect that to change with the elements. No mention of that in this report.

What are the chances they are or have done that testing as well and we'll get further discovery later in the same way as this came about? They certainly have done extensive testing on this duct tape.

Is it this?

Yes, that has to be the hair Brad was talking about today that did not match Caylee or Casey. But he said that the hair was found on the duct tape and it doesn't look like it was to me. It was found on item Q107 from the scene where the remains were found which is labeled "collection papers". Does anyone know what collection papers are?

Results in on the duct tape:

Henkel's: "Skull tape" and gas can tape a unique brand / variety.

Fingerprint unit: No latent prints found. Not surprising as the tape was in the elements for six months and described as "degraded" in nature.

DNA unit: No DNA belonging to KC or Caylee. If no DNA of Caylee found, then no surprise KC's was not found either. Just too much time in the swamp. There was a DNA sample identified as belonging to FBI examiner. A second sample was limited in nature, but cannot eliminate a second FBI examiner as the source.

Chemistry unit: "Skull tape" composition consistent with gas can tape.

Trace evidence unit: Composition of fiber backing found in "skull tape" differs from gas can tape. A visual, microscopic comparison was done - nothing more. Not surprising as the fibers have a large cotton component. Degradation of "skull tape" will result in different fiber composition. Example: if the cotton fibers in the "skull tape" rot faster than the gas can tape, the ratio of cotton to polyester in both tapes will differ as a result. An analyst must conclude that the composition differs. They cannot speculate what the composition might have been prior to exposure to the elements.

Questioned documents unit: No results yet. This unit will tell us if the dimensions and manufacturing process for the tapes are consistent. Fundamentally, we will want to know if there are any differences in the fabric weave.

IMHO, the "evidence" (or as Mr. Conway would correctly refer to it - "discovery") released today sheds no real light on the comparison between the "skull tape" and the "gas can tape".

Who's to say that the mysterious hair on the duck tape doesn't belong to Amy H?

Fingerprint unit: No latent prints found. Not surprising as the tape was in the elements for six months and described as "degraded" in nature.

DNA unit: No DNA belonging to KC or Caylee. If no DNA of Caylee found, then no surprise KC's was not found either. Just too much time in the swamp. There was a DNA sample identified as belonging to FBI examiner. A second sample was limited in nature, but cannot eliminate a second FBI examiner as the source.

Trace evidence unit: Composition of fiber backing found in "skull tape" differs from gas can tape. A visual, microscopic comparison was done - nothing more. Not surprising as the fibers have a large cotton component. Degradation of "skull tape" will result in different fiber composition. Example: if the cotton fibers in the "skull tape" rot faster than the gas can tape, the ratio of cotton to polyester in both tapes will differ as a result. An analyst must conclude that the composition differs. They cannot speculate what the composition might have been prior to exposure to the elements.

Questioned documents unit: No results yet. This unit will tell us if the dimensions and manufacturing process for the tapes are consistent. Fundamentally, we will want to know if there are any differences in the fabric weave.

IMHO, the "evidence" (or as Mr. Conway would correctly refer to it - "discovery") released today sheds no real light on the comparison between the "skull tape" and the "gas can tape".

Wow! excellent post. Thanks!!!

(Just getting caught up!)

Ok, I listened for the first time and call me immature or whatever you would like but towards the end, all I could picture was CA in the background, neener neener neener, I told you so... Good Lord this was tough to watch.

It would be interesting to know if the gas can tape was ever checked for fingerprints. If Casey's were on found on that we would at least know she had access to the Henkel tape. Anyone know if it was also analyzed for fingerprints?

Another possibility might be that, after six months in a swamp and the hot / humid Florida weather, the tape had degraded to the point that the fibers were just too difficult to conclusively match. Much of the fiber component on the tape is cotton (some is polyester), which would rot. So comparing the fiber composition would be very difficult.

BTW...did Conway cherry-pick the results to submit? I see portions of reports missing, and what appears to be huge page ranges missing.

I am right with you on this. Several months ago, might have been a year ago; my husband put duct tape on the wooden handle of the grill because the wood was splintering due to the elements. He has tried to find a replacement for it but no luck, thus the reason for the duct tape. I know what roll of tape he used because we only have one roll. He has had that same roll for years. I went and looked at both (the tape on the grill and the roll) and they don't look like the same tape at all.

I would love to know if “The Body Farm” has done a study with duct tape in the elements.

So which one is the junk science - the lab (purveyor of the junk science) who says they do not match, or the theory that they actually do match?

So if the defense goes with no match, which would possibly be exculpatory, how would AL, LKB, JB et al. be in any position to attack any other forensics evidence.

And while we are talking about the tape, how could it NOT match? This looks like it was a small production run. Why would they switch up specs in the middle of such a small run, and then discontinue the entire product? My first thought also was that this tape was exposed to the stresses of heat and water. After all, the pink tee shirt all but totally disintegrated down to the collar and iron-ons. We can see from the photos of the tape that it had significantly disintegrated.

Voo Doo lawyering? Junk lawyering?

I respect BC as far as his challenge in dealing with his clients, however, I agree that he does not have standing to release any information in this case (and makes me think twice about those TES volunteer records). I thought he was to control and advise his clients (who, by the way, are not named as defendants in this case, not to propound, manipulate, or disseminate evidence.

As far as I am concerned any release of defense documents should come from the office of JB.

JMHO

That FBI unit must be familiar with environmental degradation and how it can change material properties and appearances. They must. They knew they were looking at very weathered duct tape. We were already told that it was so degraded that much of the surface laminated film was gone. Yet in spite of this, the FBI says it is different. They had the opportunity to say something like, "Environmental degradation of the fabric component is such that it cannot be determined if it is from the same source as Q66." But instead, they say this...

Accordingly they are not consistent with originating from the same source as Q66.

There is no asterisk attached to this statement which explains "We don't know anything about environmental fabric degradation so we might say things for which we do not know what we are talking about."

[/B]

They were definitely cherry-picked. We just don't know if it was by Baez or Conway. :waitasec:

I wanna see the other 981 pages!!! :)

Or more likely, by Cindy. :banghead:

The only thing it sheds light on is the fact that Cindy is still playing games. Very sad.

(snip)
The Anthonys' attorney also released a new document, which says the FBI found no fibers from Casey's trunk, where investigators believe Caylee's body had been placed, at the scene where her remains were found.

So I suppose any fibers that may have been attached couldn't possibly have washed away or deteriorated in the months Caylee's body was left out in the elements . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt