Attorney Seeks To Spare Casey Anthony From Death Penalty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She clearly changed after having Caylee...

I disagree with that. She didn't finish high school, she got pregnant as a teenager, and tried to conceal her pregnancy for seven months, lying about whether she was sexually active...I'm just saying!!

Anyone wanna take bets on whether JB holds a press conference to explain how his words were "taken out of context" and never once has he indicated that Caylee is anything but alive and his client is 100% innocent??

State Not Seeking Death Penalty For Casey Anthony
Friday, December 5, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The State Attorney's Office announced late Friday that they will not be seeking the death penalty for murder charges Casey Anthony is facing in the death of her daughter.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18213616/detail.html

Friday, December 5, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The State Attorney's Office announced late Friday that they will not be seeking the death penalty for murder charges Casey Anthony is facing in the death of her daughter.

It was expected in my view and just as well. Prison won't be a lot of fun for her from day one.

snipped

Smith also told them where to find the babies. Had she not come clean, who knows when they would have found them, because LE had already searched that lake.jmo

and sadly that is why smith is one step above kc...at least her boys are laid to rest ----- unlike Caylee----still remember smith---my kids were about that same age...made me sick

jmo

They are going to find her this weekend; maybe the defense is posturing. TES will find her this weekend, and they are skeered.

:confused: Why do you say this? Do you know something we don't? Very interesting statement, this weekend. I can only pray that.

Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm terribly dissapointed in that. Might have been the only bargaining chip to ever finding Caylee. :mad:

You can be profoundly mentally ill and still be legally sane. Legal sanity has nothing to do with whether you're mentally ill or not or whether you define mental illness to include a particular disorder.
But, now that we know the State is NOT seeking the DP, could her mental state have been a mitigating factor. (Hope that makes sense.)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-death110508,0,6113475.story

Submitted by defense to prosecution outlining why prosecution should not seek death penalty, in part reads:

"The crime was not cold, calculated and premeditated. In the months leading up to Caylee's disappearance, Anthony's behavior was described by friends and family as "erratic and not entirely rational."

He wrote that filicide – the act of a parent killing a child – is different than other homicides. The underlying reasons why mothers kill are complex and can be divided into various categories. For example, one type is a parent who kills under influence of mental illness. Another type suggests a parent's motive may be to save the child from real or imagined harm.

Juries are more likely to show mothers mercy. He mentioned Andrea Yates – a Texas mother who drowned all five children – was sentenced to life in prison. Susan Smith, the Arkansas mother who pushed her car with her two children inside in a lake, got life in prison."

Is this an acknowledgement of Caylee's murder??

ETA: Changed thread title that was my question I was asking per request from mod.

I do think it seems like a guilt admission.
I see alot of differences between Andrea Y and KC.
The woman had a prior record of psychiatric problems and 5 children, she
was stressed to the max. Even her psychiatrist warned her husband that she should have no more children. She was sick....

I see more of a similarity in Susan Smith, did it because of boyfriend. (or whatever the stupid reason was) I can still see S Smith standing in front of the camera saying bring my bay bees back:liar:
At least she came clean and caved in and admitted she had drowned them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc