AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, I see now. While it reads that she had been in Darwin prison, it actually means she had been in Darwin.

Sorry for the confusion. End of prison discussion.

I think it was a misunderstanding, that's not what Dutchtreat said [emoji6] See Crabstick's post up thread where he quotes what was actually posted.

Murdoch killed a man years before Karlie even left Alice Springs, I fail to see what he or his contacts could possibly have to do with this case.

Looking forward to the police update this afternoon.

Yesterday South Australia Police Detective Superintendent Des Bray revealed Khandalyce was born in 2006 in Alice Springs and along with her mother had been reported missing in 2009.

Ms Pearce-Stevenson's skeletal remains were found by trail bike riders in Belanglo State Forest in 2010. She would have been 22 that year.

Nine News
Title:police urge public to help solve mother daughter murder mystery
5:57am October 22, 2015
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...case-murder-investigation#iQkkU18izxdbwT0Q.99

[h=1][/h]
[h=5]Something must be going on ...

SOUTH AUSTRALIA[/h] 2 minutes ago
8vt04iqb-bigger.ashx

Follow
[h=5]Edward Godfrey @EdwardGodfrey9[/h]
Police have cancelled this afternoon's media conference re Khandalyce Pearce & Karlie Pearce-Stevenson investigation. @9NewsAdel #9Newscomau [video=twitter;657036236503146496]https://twitter.com/EdwardGodfrey9/status/657036236503146496[/video]​

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national#TeF8T8EeTrUulPip.99

Oooh ... Could be a development? Hopefully arrest soon on this case.

Karlie had a facebook account but nothing on the timeline :/ think it was made in 2008. Has 20 or so friends on it.

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 4m4 minutes ago

UPDATE: SA Police no longer speaking to the media today about #Wynarka #Belanglo murders. They'll be releasing a statement @7NewsAdelaide

Karlie Pearce-Stevenson may have been dumped at notorious forest to throw police off scent

12:19pm October 22, 2015

Brandon Livesay

The body of brutally murdered mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson may have been dumped at Belanglo Forest to throw police off the scent of the killer.

Police claim the mother could have been killed at another location before her body was taken to the notorious forest where serial killer Ivan Milat buried his victims, ABC reports.

"The forest is infamous and it's a reasonable theory to suggest the person [murder suspect] could have disposed of the body in the forest to throw us off track," South Australia Police Detective Superintendent Des Bray said.

"But it hasn't, and we're convinced that Karlie's death has nothing to do with the previous crimes associated with the forest."

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...to-throw-police-off-scent#VLSFrS8r86A4pVc8.99

I am thankful we have found Angel and wee Angel's identity - however, I'm pretty disappointed that we were all led to believe by the authorities that Angel was likely someone from Europe.

At any rate - should be able to narrow the field a bit now with names :) Police would have been checking bank accounts, phone records to narrow Karlie's movements down. Arrest imminent I believe :)

Not true, you just need a mailing address which can be a PO Box or c/- of the Post Office.
Child care, maybe she took baby with her to work if she was a fruit/veg picker or a child care worker.
You do need to give a physical address of where you are actually living. Address of a caravan park, hostel, farm where you are working etc is ok, and you can have a separate postal address, c/- post office for example. The exception would be if somebody is homeless, Centrelink could then do a temporary work-around by putting the person's home address as the nearest Centrelink office... but this would require the person to have an appointment with a social worker first.

Update: Wynarka - Belanglo double murder investigation

SA and NSW Police would like to thank the community for the overwhelming support that has been received and continues to be received to assist the investigation into the deaths of Karlie and Khandalyce Pearce-Stevenson.

There has been 30 Crime Stoppers calls received in SA and dozen in other states.

Detectives from both jurisdictions are currently working together in Sydney, formulating and implementing investigation strategies across the country.

Since the identification of the victims, an enormous amount of information has been generated, which police are sifting through and evaluating.

Detectives reiterate the investigation into the deaths of Karlie and Khandalyce is in its infancy.

https://www.facebook.com/sapolicenews/posts/945984532145556

Yeah, Im thinking some blowhard came into her life, big promises etc...

Come away with me we'll make our fortune.

Except things went awry and it all went to he11.

I'm thinking we are up for further sadness with this.
I feel the difference between photo 1 and photo 2 of Karlie is drugs and a hard life.
God I hope the baby was being cared for.
Let's hope I'm wrong.

It was an example of what happens along this arterial path. Obviously Murdoch was carting drugs for someone and trafficking along the same arterial road. Someone would have taken Murdochs place in carting drugs.

Adelaide is a source hub of cannabis because of its relaxed cannabis laws. It was also stated in this tread that Shapelle Corbys drugs originated from this area. Criminal entities would know of a person or persons that may have carried this heinous act. They can come forward anonymously and dob in a child killer.

Nothing to say Karlie didnt stop the side of the road, meeting similar Falconio fate. It may well be the same model of crime.

Dt Bray has stated that the criminal world may come forth with more information.

<modsnip>

Murdoch killed a man years before Karlie even left Alice Springs, I fail to see what he or his contacts could possibly have to do with this case.

Looking forward to the police update this afternoon.

I keep coming back to Websleuths whenever there is another tough case in Oz. I force myself to stay away as I get a little obsessed and my job is hugely stressful as it is. However, I'm always so in awe of the people who present their theories here....again, you guys are spot on linking these two deaths - amazing.

Somehow my gut tells me the man who took the suitcase out on the highway is family or a close friend to the murderer...perhaps the father of the murderer? I'm feeling like his act is one of guilt and shame that someone in his family could do this, and really wanted the police to help the family gain closure. The bag was dropped at some point on the side of the highway, and then later someone went and tipped out the contents including the body. Because no one had found it yet, and they WANTED it to be found? So I'm with the sleuthers that think the person is in Adelaide or surrounds.

that said, I think that if you had killed someone, it would not be strange to travel 1300 Kms to hide it. You would do anything to cover up! And perhaps the killer is in Canberra and dumped the bodies in two different places to keep people off his scent? maybe his relative(s) live in Adelaide?

And many ask about a 20 year old travelling alone. I went at 25 around Australia with a man and my 4 year old child but I had known him for a few months. I think I would have been very wary of going alone with a child. on my own? sure! with a child....no. Some people have a wandering spirit and she sure sounds like she wasn't happy staying still.

I'm thinking we are up for further sadness with this.
I feel the difference between photo 1 and photo 2 of Karlie is drugs and a hard life.
God I hope the baby was being cared for.
Let's hope I'm wrong.

I think you're right. To me, the fact that Karlie's mum withdrew the missing persons report suggests that it wasn't really out of character or otherwise strange that Karlie seemingly wanted no contact. It sounds like she was troubled and her mother knew it and that's why she believed that Karlie had chosen to cut ties.

Homeless, or travelling, there are easy ways around it.
You do need to give a physical address of where you are actually living. Address of a caravan park, hostel, farm where you are working etc is ok, and you can have a separate postal address, c/- post office for example. The exception would be if somebody is homeless, Centrelink could then do a temporary work-around by putting the person's home address as the nearest Centrelink office... but this would require the person to have an appointment with a social worker first.

I'm wondering what happened to Karlie's car. Was it the scene of the murder(s) and later dumped? Was Khandalyce's body left in the dumped car along with all of their luggage, including the small suitcase found at Wynarka? The car being dumped where the odour of decomposition would go unnoticed. The killer then moved Karlie's body to the Belanglo Forest to make it appear that she was another one of Milat's victims. How long can you drive around with a dead body before decomposition sets in? Not very long. I feel that Karlie and Khandalyce were both murdered within a relatively short driving distance from the Belanglo Forest, either in NSW or the ACT.

For whatever reason the killer has later retrieved Khandalyce's remains, shoved them into the suitcase and dumped them near Wynarka. I also believe that the suitcase was dumped a whole lot earlier than first suspected and had been out in the scrub for a long time. Why drive all the way to Wynarka to dump the suitcase? An interstate truck driver comes to mind as a few here have already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar