AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karlie Pearce-Stevenson

Does that mean she was married? How does it work in Australia with surnames?

Karlie Pearce-Stevenson

Does that mean she was married? How does it work in Australia with surnames?

It may mean that her parents were never married, so she took both surnames. The double barreled surname means very little here, except that both families are recognized in the eventual name.

From the 13 unanswered questions link:

Where had they been living?

The mother and daughter were from Alice Springs but had left in search of work. The pair travelled to Adelaide in November, 2008. It is unknown how long they stayed in the city before travelling to NSW, where Karlie’s body was found.

Speculation and opinion only. The murderer was in Adelaide. Karlie and Khandalyce were killed there. Karlie was taken to NSW and dumped in Belanglo as a red herring. After the killer thought long enough had passed he dumped Khandalyce closer to home. Is he getting old? Afraid of being discovered?

When were those barrel murders in Adelaide? Too long ago?

Edit: yes, way too long ago.

Along the drugs speculative line, was Stephen Hunter ever in Adeaide? He is incarcerated now so he couldn't have dumped Khandalyce.

You're thinking of the Snowtown murders, with the killers being from the Salisbury / Elizabeth area by memory. Those two areas are satellite towns made up mainly of 10 pound poms originally with most of the houses being state trust homes, although many are in private hands now and it's not quite as depressed as it was. There are similar areas in the southern suburbs of Adelaide near where Karlie was visiting a friend.

Ms Pearce-Stevenson's mother had reported her daughter missing to Northern Territory police on September 4, 2009 but she withdrew the report six days later after receiving information that Ms Pearce-Stevenson was "alive and well", police said.
It is understood the mother had received a text message or a phone call telling her that her daughter was fine but did not want any further communication with her.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/the-call-...stigations-20151021-gkf1q7.html#ixzz3pC7HPUlU

Suppose Karlie was already dead at that point. How on earth could whoever let her mother know Karlie was fine, know that there was a missing persons report filed?

Yes, it's very suspicious. The person must be known to the family or friends in some way. I always thought police had to establish contact themselves to withdraw a missing persons report. Huge oversight!

Ms Pearce-Stevenson's mother had reported her daughter missing to Northern Territory police on September 4, 2009 but she withdrew the report six days later after receiving information that Ms Pearce-Stevenson was "alive and well", police said.
It is understood the mother had received a text message or a phone call telling her that her daughter was fine but did not want any further communication with her.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/the-call-...stigations-20151021-gkf1q7.html#ixzz3pC7HPUlU

Suppose Karlie was already dead at that point. How on earth could whoever let her mother know Karlie was fine, know that there was a missing persons report filed?

Maybe Karlie's mother had Karlie's phone number, and texted Karlie's phone - and the murderer read the text and sent a reply.

I thought it was said Karlie was taken off the missing persons list; but does that mean someone requested, or she was just taken off for another reason? Maybe pulled over by police, null and voiding the missing persons report?

Maybe Karlie's mother had Karlie's phone number, and texted Karlie's phone - and the murderer read the text and sent a reply.

It's possible. But the mother then would have done that probably more than once before she filed the report. But then never got a reply?
It makes me wonder, if this was not how it went, if there could be someone within law enforcement be involved in some way.

The mother withdrew the report because she believed Karlie just didn't want contact going by what the police have said.

maybe the bodies were together at one stage and then the killer was incarcerated and while he was in prison , the mums body was found so as soon as he was released he relocated the little girls body to give him more time ?
this is my though as I've been thinking the same thing

family, friends, police?

The mother withdrew the report because she believed Karlie just didn't want contact going by what the police have said.

I know, but who informed the mother of that and in what way? And how did that person know that the mother had filed a missing persons report?

I know, but who informed the mother of that and in what way? And how did that person know that the mother had filed a missing persons report?

I'd so love to know! Whoever did that is number one on the suspect list right now! They'd have had to be connected to the family to know to say that to her. Sadly makes me think Karlie and her little daughter were killed by a friend.

With a little baby in tow?

I doubt it, I really do.

Especially with a loving grandma and family back in Alice.

Something else occurs to me with the Riverland connection - apart from growing weed we also grow Citrus.

An alternative lifestyle would be a fruit picker travelling around by season.

Again, highly unlikely for a young woman who would have to organize child care everywhere she went!

Also, Centrelink wont make payments unless you have an address.

IMO he dumped the mum in Belanglo to divert police to Milat.

Milat was never known to murder a child so that would explain why they were dumped separately imo, so far apart in time and distance.

To stay consistent with the façade that mum was another Milat victim.

If they let Karlie know that, then she wasn't missing in the first place.

if a family member, friend or someone in the police dept knew she was dead already, and knew the mother filed a missing report, they could have texted, rung the mother to say she was ok and convinced her to withdraw the report, especiallyi if it was someone with the police who would have the authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZOda60