AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think so. Karlie was beaten to death, so murdered by someone really evil. I'm convinced he killed her child too.

No no... I surely don't mean that she killed her child. Not at all. But if a partner killed her child while she was still alive, she may have wrapped her daughter's body in a blanket and hid it somewhere close to her, but away from the murderer, and then Karlie was murdered by the same person who killed her child.

Someone completely unrelated to the crime, wishing to remain anonymous, may have found the bones, and left them out to be discovered somewhere other than his own back yard.

If Karlie had a phone, it would show police where she was for some time. May be that's what lead police to the residence of the crime, the perpetrators place of residence?

So Karlies car wasnt simply sold? Transferred into anothers name?

If the suspect is in NSW prison, he has committed a crime in NSW. But what was he doing back near Adelaide? She met him in Adelaide, they moved to Canberra, he drifted into NSW for his crime, or no prisons in ACT??

It will be interesting to find out what form of communication it was. Whether there were actual phone calls, text messages, etc.

Defining the "sporadic contact" is going to be a big key in this one.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2015/10/21/1227577/706255-151022murders.pdf

"SEP 2009- Pearce-Stevenson's mother reports the pair missing but withdraws the report six days later, after sporadic contact with her daughter"

I still think the suitcase was deeper in the road side scrub then brought into view by a roadside walker who had seen the case and opened it in case there was anything of any value inside. Discovering the case and Candles remains he put it in view where it would end up in police hands and given a respectful place of burial. Now we know that is next to mum in Alice.

The murderer has thought about splitting the bodies up so as to reduce DNA trace and avoid detection. He may have prior experience.

It seems to me that "suitcase man" was trying to be seen. Why not just dump the suitcase in the middle of nowhere and be on your way . Why pick a small town to wander around in where you would stick out like a sore thumb. Perhaps "suitcase man" was terminally ill and didnt care about being identified.

To me the BBM (bolded by me) means that the child was killed first in a voilent outburst (not planned) by a male who had control over Karlie and her child. The child was quickly hidden very close to where she was killed. Then Karlie was taken to Belanglo State Forest and voilently killed.

Then the killer returned to where 'they' were living and kept the child hidden.
Making sure Khandalyce couldn't be found and probably hoping Karlie WOULD be found and identified and blamed on Milat.

I do not think that the way Khandalyce's body was kept had anything to do with 'loving' but with making sure nobody would be able to access her body.

There is no way this mother would accept her child being beaten to death en shut up about it, let alone being able to go on with her life and shut up about it.

So to me it was definately the child who died first. And very close in/around Wynarka.
And then the mother deliberately left behind in Milat's territory.

The person who left the suitcase at the roadside IMO is not the killer. But someone who knows what happened, couldn't speak up and wanted closure. And/or real estate/property change that meant the body had to move.

I agree. And considering that the suspect is currently awaiting sentencing I think that could fit in very nicely with him needing the suitcase out of his house, which could have meant a frantic message earlier this year being delivered to a friend to get the suitcase out of his garage/roof space etc.

That's feasible, buy WHY did they keep the remains and the case?

He suspected that a double murder would generate more interest and police numbers than yet another unnamed victim of Milat in Belanglo? I think as long as 'Angel' in the forest was unidentified he intended to keep the suitcase hidden. That is, until he was arrested on a different charge. Then he knew he needed to get rid of it ASAP.

Just speculating ..

I agree. And considering that the suspect is currently awaiting sentencing I think that could fit in very nicely with him needing the suitcase out of his house, which could have meant a frantic message earlier this year being delivered to a friend to get the suitcase out of his garage/roof space etc.

Or one of his little crim buddies inside who did it upon their release .. all he would have had to say is he needed something shifted no questions asked, anyway, if that person is still facing charges they could have them reduced if they're willing to tell police everything, all they'd have to say is they didn't know it was a child and don't want to be a part of it, even other crims would be willing to overlook him grassing up a mate over the murder of an innocent little girl.

I think the suitcase was dumped where it was because the dumper didn't have a car either, if they had they'd have taken it deeper into the bush somewhere much more secluded. I think they hitched or rode a bus to this town with the suitcase, then hitched out again. It could have even been an interstate truck driver who didn't want to take any time out of his route, and decided to simply stop, take the suitcase into the bush then drive on.

Just looked up local trains / buses .. and they don't even stop in Wynarka, but years ago I caught a train down from Adelaide that way and they did a special stop for me at an even smaller hamlet, so maybe you can still get off the bus here. Mind you that would be a bit obvious, so I'm going with truck driver as most likely candidate.

http://www.railmaps.com.au/routedetails.php?RouteSelect=458

All immunization records were supposedly checked. This little girl was last immunized at 18 months so why didn't she come up as dropping from the records? and if she did come up as missing her jabs, she couldn't have been physically sighted as maybe at risk by the task force... sloppy or did they know.
As for dif locations. One or the other could have been held onto longer than the other. Person of interest would have links to both areas. Even if just driving past whilst working or doing what they do with there life.

I wonder if the person or persons who gave the police the tip off of who both victims may be knew the killer, and also knew he is in custody and now felt safe in contacting the police.

Karlies mum was dead by the time this was going around and they are supposed to sight the child and family member. The immunization hadn't been done.

Karlies mum was dead by the time this was going around and they are supposed to sight the child and family member.

Police messed up in regards to withdrawing the missing persons report IMO.

is it possible she had a c section because she is so petite, and maybe her hips didn't open and weren't going to? sine she was skeletonized, there would be no c section scar or anything. but then again maybe they can still tell from the bones. idk.

Yeah I was one of them. To me that seemed the most logical step. What they at least could have done real quick was looking at missing person reports of mother's with a young daughter aged 2-4 matching the Wynarka remains. Even if the report was withdrawn later on. If they were missing a some point, they might have been leading a lifestyle that made them go missing again.

And of course comparing DNA of the Wynarka remains with every fertile (young) woman/girl that would have been missing and presumed dead at the time Khandelyce supposedly died.

What also puzzles me if they haven't been able to see Karlie had given birth to a child by investigating her pelvic bones. They assumed she was a lot younger than she actually was.

I have seen more cases (in Europe) where forensics assumes too much and narrows down possibilities and later turn out to have been wrong. Regarding age and isotopes that made them give wrong info as to where a victim supposedly had been living and for what period of time. IMO they shouldn't narrow it down that specific.

Yeh sadly its a huge job and its out of there hands a little asking others to do trolling for you.

is it possible she had a c section because she is so petite, and maybe her hips didn't open and weren't going to? sine she was skeletonized, there would be no c section scar or anything. but then again maybe they can still tell from the bones. idk.
I had been thinking the same thing about the pelvic bones. I had a couple of theories (c-section didn't immediately occur to me though, great thinking)... 1. Perhaps the bones were degraded such that it was not possible to determine. 2. Perhaps the murderer had interfered with the remains in such a way that the pelvic bones were too badly damaged to tell. 3. Animal interference. 4. It was a detail that investigators kept out of the media as it would help narrow down identity.

They had initially believed Karlie to be between 13 and 20 (or was it 25)... they may not have wanted scrutiny on the wrong aspect (ie: what they thought to be a young teenager having had a child)...

However I feel that caesarean would be the most logical explanation.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Police messed up in regards to withdrawing the missing persons report IMO.

You would think they would find the immunization records not being up to date. Contact Karlies mum.. but wait she isnt alive but there is some record of them being missing then not. Did they ask other family. "How long since you have heard from them" Not by txt or email but her voice. Why hasn't she been immunized if she had chosen not immunize then where is she. back to the family "How long since you have heard from them"

http://m.theage.com.au/nsw/girl-in-...-and-daughter-khandalyce-20151022-gkg80o.html

"Fairfax Media has learnt that investigators in both states have made rapid progress in the investigation and have identified a male suspect.

It is understood the man is in custody in a NSW jail, serving a prison sentence for unrelated offences."

Makes me wonder:

1. When did the suspect go to jail.
2. Was it him or an accomplice who was sighted at Wynarka (or was suitcase man a red herring).
3. If it was him/accomplice; why hold onto Khandalyce for so long.
4. Is he serving time for similar offenses (ie: is he just opportunistic or was there a deeper motive) and were the offenses against children/ women (was his target mum or child or both)...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

The suspect in prison makes sense to me as to why the suit case was moved recently. Either by him before he was jailed OR by someone on the outside who he tipped off. I think if it’s the latter that person will be charged much like the twin brother in the Stephanie Scott case.

My guess is that as soon as their photos and names were released on Wednesday, police were inundated with calls from people saying 'Karlie was travelling with X' and as soon as they searched him and found he has a record, they soon connected the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member