AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, this is the ATO operation I am talking about that makes anyone hiring labourers for fruit harvesting very, very careful these days:

"ATO to step up operations against complex rackets such as those run by some labour hire firms supplying undocumented foreign nationals as harvesters for Australia's fruit-growing regions"

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nat...ax-millions-20140404-364lc.html#ixzz3pdQh4NB0
Follow us: @canberratimes on Twitter | CanberraTimes on Facebook

The fact that ATO are taking such steps against it indicates that it is still a big problem, though.
And they even admit in that that article that they can't "chase every rabbit" and would be focussing on the big-time fraudsters.

Anyway, there are plenty of other industries Karlie could have been working in apart from fruit-pickinb. Ones that are more likely to pay workers with cash.

When i first was looking at this one on mako I came across the case of the man in syd who raped his neighbor then packed her in a case and put her in a canal in 2011. He had a fascination with milat, and his father killed their mother (got out in 2012). But it didn't fit with the pedophile link. He would of been arround 18 yo at the time I think.

Sorry if this has been posted before but if it hasn't there is a lot of news articles on this page relating to Karlies discovery back in 2010. some info i hadn't seen before

"Her bones had been there for less than a year when they were found and were two metres away from an anklet sock, a shoelace, an earring and a decomposed T-shirt with the word ''Angelic'' on it."

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightAustralia/ar/t873.htm

Police are investigating the possibility that the remains are those of Laura Haworth, who went missing in January 2008. << Also could this missing person be the link to serial killer theory?

Karlie continued to play netball and was in a 2008 C-grade side.

A teammate said she was a “cute little girl who played hard”.

“The one day she went walkabout and we heard that she did not want to be contacted,” she said.

A former family friend said Karlie struggled after having Khandalye.

“After the baby things went downhill. Unfortunately things happen with families,” he said.

“She grew up with my daughter and lived in the area so I knew her reasonably well. Alice Springs is the type of town you know most of the kids.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...576899664?sv=13a84b51628f29dd82cc5c608197d086

Karlie was playing netball in 2008 in Alice Springs according to this article.

Thank you! It's been driving me nuts how reports have stated she left Alice between 2006 - 2008, now it's more likely she left after this at least which makes a lot more sense.

If you look at a couple of images the case was up the back in the b
case-kustom.jpgcase-wynarka.jpg

The remains were found right beside a fire trail whereas Milat buried his victims away from fire trails
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/belanglo-bones-dont-fit-milat-profile-clive-small-20100830-140sr.html
9 bike riders discovered Karlie's remains. "Andrew said he and his friends had driven on that trail numerous times and it was only when they did a U-turn in the bush that they came across the remains. He said a recent fire in the area might have uncovered the remains. ... "Everything was tucked away behind a log." ...He said there also appeared to be clothing with the bones. ... Police said the bones were spread out over a small area that police would continue to search for a number of days.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/human-sku...trail-biker-20100829-13xrq.html#ixzz3pdy6Rn1w

Bold part .. That means police are the ones that told Karlie's family that she was alive, they're likely not going to want to admit it, but that missing persons report was not adequately followed up on.

In other missing/murder cases, there were already given PO's, who were involved in criminal activities. Some help by a man in uniform maybe?

In other missing/murder cases, there were already given PO's, who were involved in criminal activities. Some help by a man in uniform maybe?

Maybe not intentionally, but through a bit of bureaucratic laziness?

I think people were trying to establish whether police could trace Karlies movements if Karlie was withdrawing money via expenditures & cash at particular locations, or whether another culprit was doing it for her.
The other was that if Karlie had no documented income, Karlie may have a partner who she was depending on with some consistency.
There was speculation that Karlie was fruit picking for cash, but earning under $18000 means Karlie wouldn't be paying any income tax any rate but paying goods & services tax making her a legitimate taxpayer. Its not like Karlie could keep a filing cabinet in the rear of her car.
Police are asking for motels to check their records in 4 states. This may point to dependency off another person who has been involved in Karlie meeting foul play.
I think its fair to have some level of speculation, but you would be a fool and an idiot to judge.

Here is some of the media coverage which has driven the speculation

I generally earn under the threshold most years and I still pay tax on my fortnightly earnings but I get it all back at the EOFY when I do my tax. If she was paid cash in hand and no earnings declared then that's a different story.

Me too, but as you said, like me you are a sole trader.
I am not saying there is anything specifically wrong with paying in cash.
However, when you have a team of workers to pay (as opposed to one person in your case or mine) it's a huge task to make up pay packets in cash.

It's just the logistics of paying workers in cash, in a rural area with no easy bank access.

I remember years ago (in the 80s) being paid in cash for pub work.
I remember that the manager and another person spent a whole afternoon, every week, making up the pay packets for about 25 workers.
Why would anyone do that these days if they could use EFT?

Possible maybe:
Employer: untaxed cash proceeds for sold commodity = untaxed cash wages for the employees.

I generally earn under the threshold most years and I still pay tax on my fortnightly earnings but I get it all back at the EOFY when I do my tax. If she was paid cash in hand and no earnings declared then that's a different story.
Yeah. You will pay based on your hourly rate, not your projected earnings; which hurts at first when in double time but as you said you get it all back.
The same with some working visas. They pay max bracket tax but get it back at EOFY

Maybe police are thinking along the lines of two different murderers ??? It's a possibility that mum and daughter weren't killed by the same person, hence the police saying there could be more than one perpetrator involved ? Probably far fetched but just a thought .

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...-a-serial-killer/story-fns0kb1g-1227582236015

POLICE have not ruled out the possibility a serial killer could be responsible for the deaths of mother and daughter Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce.

A NSW police spokesman this morning told news.com.au it wasn&#8217;t known if whoever killed Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce had struck before.
&#8220;There is no evidence to prove or disprove those responsible for the murders of Karlie and Khandalyce have committed any other murders.&#8221;

They have yet to determine the timeline on what happened to the pair, including who was killed first. The last known sighting of the victims was in November 2008 near Coober Pedy.

I think they worry about their cars being seen. So they run and dump before someone comes past, especially if its busier than mormal. A saturday or Sunday?
There are many fascinating and baffling aspects to this case, but the main thing I cant wrap my head around as why the suitcase was placed on the side of a busy highway in full view of passing traffic

How hard would it have been to drive into a forest and bury it, likely never to be found? Seems very very odd

Maybe police are thinking along the lines of two different murderers ??? It's a possibility that mum and daughter weren't killed by the same person, hence the police saying there could be more than one perpetrator involved ? Probably far fetched but just a thought .

Maybe Karlie was murdered, Khandalyce was first "sold" (we divine to which sort of person ..) and then murdered by her "owner"?

So someone knows the rocks mark the crossing to the rail line crossing. They are familiar with the road. They get out, chuck the case into the bushes back towards the fence line so the case will eventually be discovered.
They want the case found so it confuses police that will think if they work out the child, they will think Karlie is buried in South Australia? They will think murderer in Adelaide?

rocks2-makara.jpg
The small stone piles are found everywhere along Australian highways.
The are used to make points where tracks intersect.
When hundreds of kilometres of the roadside all looks much the same, people erect these stone piles to mark the point where a crossing or access track is. That way it is easy to identify.
That particular rock pile marks where the access track is that leads south over the railway line.

Thanks Jane. Learn something every day. Also known as a cairn
I cant say Ive noticed them much, Maybe not looking hard enough :)

Thank you! It's been driving me nuts how reports have stated she left Alice between 2006 - 2008, now it's more likely she left after this at least which makes a lot more sense.
I took the inconsistency to mean that Karlie did, or may have done, some travelling while still living in Alice Springs.

regarding the rock piles that were 100 mitres near the site where the suitcase was found , do we have a date from google earth or where ever the pics came from ?

regarding the rock piles that were 100 mitres near the site where the suitcase was found , do we have a date from google earth or where ever the pics came from ?

The date is Sept 2014 according to the time stamp. The photos are from the google car that drives around the world with a camera on to provide google "street view" on maps.google.com.au . The interesting thing is the google car has been down that road 3 times in 2007, 2010 and 2014, you can switch views between different years. The particular rock piles were not there in 2010 but were in 2014. There looks to be a some sort of quarry or mine at the back with white rocks, likely where the rocks came from.

If you look at a couple of images the case was up the back in the b
attachment.php
attachment.php
Thank you Crabstick, from the look of this photo the case has not been thrown from the hwy, but from the opposite direction, and has been there longer than previously stated in msm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman