AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may have decomposed outside of the suitcase, but still wrapped in the blanket. It's hard to imagine that once the body was separated from the blanket that the two would ever be reunited.

Rats & bugs would gnaw through any fabric including that suitcase over that period of time.
It's got me beat how 206 tiny bones could remain complete without interference.

She may have decomposed outside of the suitcase, but still wrapped in the blanket. It's hard to imagine that once the body was separated from the blanket that the two would ever be reunited.

Could well have been. The other thought I just had - Khandalyce's body was found with her clothes in the suitcase - when Karlie was murdered, she was only wearing the clothing she had on (from memory). So why the difference? And what became of Karlie's clothes? Maybe they were killed in separate locations - Khandalyce was killed at the perpetrator's property, and Karlie was taken to Belanglo whilst still alive? This is mind boggling. If they were separated, and something had happened to Khandalyce when Karlie was present, I would think it would be very challenging to transport Karlie all the way from SA to Belanglo, kicking and screaming (I imagine) to then kill her, unless they weren't near Wynarka in the first place, and that is as much a red herring location as they thought Belanglo was when they originally found Karlie. It just doesn't make sense. Unless perhaps someone was babysitting Khandalyce when Karlie went on a road trip with someone, then Karlie wouldn't have had a problem leaving Khandalyce, i.e. she left Khandalyce with someone that she trusted. Maybe a lover spurned? Maybe she had been seeing/involved with someone and wanted out. Then he went back and killed Khandalyce. I have no idea ...

Another totally separate thought I had - the picture of Khandalyce at the same time (I presume) as Karlie at the shopping centre. I got the impression that Khandalyce had been well cared for and quite happy, compared to Karlie, who looked quite stressed. In a drug addiction situation, I would have expected Khandalyce to be showing more neglect. Just a random thought though. I wonder who she had been texting (that's what it looks like to me - young people of that age always texting, can't survive 10 minutes without using their phone).

Wow, good one! Do we know where he is serving the sentence? Belconnen fits with the area Karlie was travelling through.

More details about his crimes here:
http://www.mako.org.au/temp_w_z.html#SHANEWILLIAMS

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-...ntence-increased-over-library-assault/5678978

Edit: oh wait, isn't he serving time for an unrelated crime at the moment?

Perhaps the bashing of his neighbour is what they're talking about?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-...dler-in-a-library-sentenced-to-more-t/5225046

Even though he was sentenced in the ACT it is possible he is in an NSW prison, especially with his child molestation background. The ACT might not have prison facilities suitable for people like him. However, the POI referred to in this case was said to have been sentenced in early 2013 and Shane Williams was sentenced in January 2014. For him to be the person would require the early 2013 sentencing date to be almost a year out.

Even though he was sentenced in the ACT it is possible he is in an NSW prison, especially with his child molestation background. The ACT might not have prison facilities suitable for people like him. However, the POI referred to in this case was said to have been sentenced in early 2013 and Shane Williams was sentenced in January 2014. For him to be the person would require the early 2013 sentencing date to be almost a year out.

I could be wrong, but the article said he had been in gaol since early 2013 - He could well have been in gaol prior to sentencing.

her skeleton was completely intact. so there is no way someone would of thought it to be a dog or cat.

I doubt I'd recognise 206 very very tiny bones to be human at first glance. I'd think it was an animal unless the skull was a giveaway & who knows if her skull was crushed.

On October 8, they took call 1267: maybe the little girl was Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, the caller suggested........
Police searched government records; Khandalyce had her 18-month vaccinations but no other medical treatment and she hadn’t been enrolled in school. They knew they were onto something.

Shortly afterwards, someone associated with the first caller provided a photograph of a younger Khandalyce, smiling out from her pram with a distinctive blanket her grandmother had made for her. It was an exact match to a tattered rug found with the body.

Police tracked down a friend of Karlie’s, who had a photo of Khandalyce taken at an Adelaide shopping centre in November 2008. She was wearing the pink dress that was in the suitcase.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/w...s-angel-identified-as-karlie-pearce-stevenson

So the person that took the photo at the Adelaide Shopping Center did not come forward to police ...they were tracked down.

I doubt I'd recognise 206 very very tiny bones to be human at first glance. I'd think it was an animal unless the skull was a giveaway & who knows if her skull was crushed.

I recall that when the bones were tipped out a jaw bone became visible which is what alerted them to the fact that they were human (although it still took them a day to report it).

It was a human jawbone. A small one.

When the police arrived they found the rest of the skeleton, obviously a child’s — almost certainly a girl’s, judging from the clothes that had spilled out of the suitcase. It will take time for forensic scientists to confirm the working assumption that the dead child was a female aged between 30 months and four years.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...485075838?sv=3352170c8a688791ff793d7f0d80f5e9

I could be wrong, but the article said he had been in gaol since early 2013 - He could well have been in gaol prior to sentencing.

I'm not sure. I thought the sentencing was early 2013 but I'm not sure which article gave me that impression.

The ABC news link that Fruity gave above (which I haven't seen before) says he attacked the 3 year old child in September 2013, so he could not be in gaol on a continuous basis since early 2013 awaiting trial and sentencing in January 2014

Something interesting from the article linked above.....

Police know the victim was a little under a metre tall and had shoulder-length fair hair. They know that as long as seven years ago she died extremely violently, almost certainly murdered. Certain fractures suggest she was bashed to death. A defence lawyer might argue that such injuries could be accidental — but why would anyone would hide the body of a child who died in a genuine accident?

The killer or someone close to him or her then covered the body in a pile of clothes — maybe in an empty room, a cupboard or a shed. Then they left it for years — long enough to be reduced to a skeleton.

Then, probably early this year, something happened — something that prompted whoever had hidden the body to want to move it. The killer or an accomplice jammed the clothing and the skeleton into a suitcase and took it from the hiding place.

These old articles are interesting actually, as they gave away more info at the time than they are now.

The difference of these photos of Karlie are incredible.

The second one looks like her hair was coloured dark, she looks happy, tanned and healthy.

The first is the most recent. She's either been crying or she's really sick and pasty.
The transformation is so sad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 140
Suitcase 'black or grey' issue solved:

The suitcase is variously described as “faded blue” or “grey”, although police have used a black model to use for publicity purposes. Whatever its original colour, it looks as if it was severely weathered before the guilty party put the clothes and the bones in it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...485075838?sv=3352170c8a688791ff793d7f0d80f5e9

Chances are bag was purchased at the Murray Bridge store .. but after that it could have been sold on, or dumped and picked up by the whoever used it to dispose of Khandalyce's body.

The police suggest the Lanza was sold exclusively by Strandbags outlets at Murray Bridge, McLaren Vale, Rundle Mall, Salisbury and Elizabeth. The question of whether it could have been bought in Renmark or Mt Gambier or over the border in Mildura or Warrnambool — or at any of the other dozen or more stores in Victoria — remains unanswered.

Here's hoping they used Eftpos to make the purchase.

Suitcase 'black or grey' issue solved:

The suitcase is variously described as “faded blue” or “grey”, although police have used a black model to use for publicity purposes. Whatever its original colour, it looks as if it was severely weathered before the guilty party put the clothes and the bones in it.

:drumroll: Well done Mrs Norris! You are a champ ... it just didn't make sense that it was proclaimed to be originally black to me from the photographic evidence. At least that's solved.

:drumroll: Well done Mrs Norris! You are a champ ... it just didn't make sense that it was proclaimed to be originally black to me from the photographic evidence. At least that's solved.

It didn't make sense to me either!! Amazing what you find when you're looking for something else :D

Something interesting from the article linked above.....

Police know the victim was a little under a metre tall and had shoulder-length fair hair. They know that as long as seven years ago she died extremely violently, almost certainly murdered. Certain fractures suggest she was bashed to death. A defence lawyer might argue that such injuries could be accidental — but why would anyone would hide the body of a child who died in a genuine accident?

The killer or someone close to him or her then covered the body in a pile of clothes — maybe in an empty room, a cupboard or a shed. Then they left it for years — long enough to be reduced to a skeleton.

Then, probably early this year, something happened — something that prompted whoever had hidden the body to want to move it. The killer or an accomplice jammed the clothing and the skeleton into a suitcase and took it from the hiding place.

These old articles are interesting actually, as they gave away more info at the time than they are now.

I agree .... I always thought it rather odd/telling that Des Bray signaled out the criminal community to come forward with information .... in the very early stages.
But then, presumably it was not until 8 Oct ... caller 1267 that Kandalyce's name came to the attention of the police.
imo.

'She was a beautiful girl ': Ex-boyfriend of young mum found dead in Belanglo Forest reveals he was 'gutted' to find out about her murder - and how he had followed the 'girl in a suitcase' mystery with interest

A man who once dated single mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson said he was 'gutted' after learning that she and her two-year-old daughter Khandalyce had suffered violent deaths.

Kassidi Lally met Ms Pearce-Stevenson in Alice Springs and the pair briefly dated when she was around 17 or 18-years-old, several years before her remains were found in Belanglo State Forest.

Mr Lally learned of the devastating news when his current girlfriend - who followed the 'baby in the suitcase' murder - told him the single mother and her daughter had been formally identified.

'I was gutted. I was in complete shock. I didn't say anything. I couldn't really put a sentence together or anything,' he told ABC News.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-Stevenson-gutted-murder.html#ixzz3pXSJwEBp

Jane an you post the link anyways ..... some people have paid subscriptions.

Personally I think it's sick to try to make money out of a brutally murdered mother and her child.
Articles that could help solve horrible crimes shouldn't be behind a paywall IMO.

thanks so much for this . has anyone else noticed that the hand made quilt that Karlies mum made for Khandalyce is very worn and falling apart compared to the little pink dress that is pictured in this link . i read some where that most of the clothes that were found in the suitcase were mass produced and of a cheap quality . In my opinion , i would think that the hand made quilt would stand up a lot better then the little pink mass produced dress .
'She was a beautiful girl ': Ex-boyfriend of young mum found dead in Belanglo Forest reveals he was 'gutted' to find out about her murder - and how he had followed the 'girl in a suitcase' mystery with interest

A man who once dated single mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson said he was 'gutted' after learning that she and her two-year-old daughter Khandalyce had suffered violent deaths.

Kassidi Lally met Ms Pearce-Stevenson in Alice Springs and the pair briefly dated when she was around 17 or 18-years-old, several years before her remains were found in Belanglo State Forest.

Mr Lally learned of the devastating news when his current girlfriend - who followed the 'baby in the suitcase' murder - told him the single mother and her daughter had been formally identified.

'I was gutted. I was in complete shock. I didn't say anything. I couldn't really put a sentence together or anything,' he told ABC News.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-Stevenson-gutted-murder.html#ixzz3pXSJwEBp

Because of all of this it has made me wonder if she in fact witnessed the crime against Khandalyce and had to be hushed? Makes me sad to think about it but it is a possibility poor Khandalyce was the start of all of these tragic events. How often do we see partners abusing children?

Police should try to find out if a black tutu dress was sold on the day the pictures in the Marion shopping centre were taken of Karlie and Khandalyce. And who paid for it.
Karlie doesn't look like she was doing ok and could spend money on pretty clothing for Khandalyce. And I also imagine she wouldn't dress up her child voluntarily in tutu's around a pedofile.

Khandalyce looks usure about the person taking the picture. Who took that picture?
I've thought for a long time that the black tutu was odd for a 2-3 year old. If a pedofile was involved in this crime, it might very well the date the tutu was bought and abuse started.

Personally I think that both died while trying to stop/prevent/resisting abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx