AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they "kept the clothes" so much as they were just there and needed to be hidden away just as the body was. Later on, whoever it was probably didn't want to pick through to separate the remains from the clothing. I think when Khandalyse was killed her body and her stuff was all stashed somewhere together and at a later date were all dumped into the suitcase to be transported. She decomposed in amongst all that stuff, it doesn't seem like it was kept for any reason other than convenience at the time.

Police said "Examination has revealed decomposition of the remains occurred before they were put in the suitcase."
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...457115935?sv=f70da97528875e2cc8a42f0e7185a80e

That means the body was kept for some reason, and the clothes were also kept - but not together.
They were only placed together in the suitcase shortly before being dumped at Wynarka.

And that, to me, is the biggest unanswered question (other than who killed her, of course).
The clothes and the decomposed body were kept for years, somewhere, but not together.
Yet both could so easily have been destroyed beyond any possible chance of recognition.

There must be a reason why they were kept.

Police said "Examination has revealed decomposition of the remains occurred before they were put in the suitcase."
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...457115935?sv=f70da97528875e2cc8a42f0e7185a80e

That means the body was kept for some reason, and the clothes were also kept - but not together.
They were only placed together in the suitcase shortly before being dumped at Wynarka.

And that, to me, is the biggest unanswered question (other than who killed her, of course).
The clothes and the decomposed body were kept for years, somewhere, but not together.
Yet both could so easily have been destroyed beyond any possible chance of recognition.

She decomposed with the clothes but not in the suitcase.

The linked article also says "“We know that that clothing that was made in 2007 was with the body when it decomposed,” he said.". So... the clothes were with the body as it decomposed, but all were put into the suitcase later? Perhaps the other belongings were already in the suitcase when the body and the 2007 clothing were removed from their previous storage place and put in with them?

I wonder why they stopped using her phone in mid 2011? Apparently the Centrelink payments were stopped at that time - but that doesn't necessarily explain why her phone was not used from then, unless once the payments were stopped, the game was up so they got rid of the phone. If not, I wonder if it was no longer used because of a change of circumstances, ie, whoever was using it was imprisoned and therefore couldn't use it anymore.

Maybe cause Khandalyce should have been in school at that age. So because there was no child, the fraud had to stop.

... and the RTA refused to let my son get his license without a 'real' birth certificate.

He had a real one, it was a commemorative version, signed by the registrar of births, deaths and marriages. But it wasn't 'real' and we had to pay $70 for a new one :/

My youngest just got his learner's permit. Even though he had his birth certificate, bank card, student card, our medicare card, and myself present with a wallet full of other ID, they wouldn't even look at his application without a document with his address on it. Nothing of mine would do - we had to leave and get a printed copy of his bank statement. I have a friend who has been a divorced (working) mother of 3, who had to repeatedly show up in person at Centrelink with full documentation to prove who she was in order to keep receiving her parenting payments and FTB. It's all so inconsistent! I can't imagine how anyone could get away with assuming someone else's identity and all the fraud that goes along with that.

It's hard to imagine how much more horrible this case could be - I hope the sudden flurry of info from the awesome SAPOL means there will be a few swift arrests. I feel as though they released a lot of very specific info today to let the guilty parties know they are onto them - I'm picturing them scurrying like rats to save themselves.

Wondering if clothes and khandalyce were kept in a vehicle before being dumped .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I can't bold atm, but I wonder if it was kept for sentimental reasons, especially as the police are now saying that they believe that Karlie and Khandles were murdered at different locations and different times. I have outfits and keepsakes that my children have outgrown and are currently stored in a plastic box, could whoever was 'caring' for Khandles have kept them?

Could one of the women now be in prison and the case was discovered by the man involved and disposed of? He thought she had got rid of it, she kept it hidden.

I'm going to go back and look at all the clothing again, especially the black tutu dress, and double check the dates of sale etc. My gut says that there is clothing in there that wasn't bought by Karlie, but by someone else, just my opinion though.

Bray said today that he believes Karlie and Khandalyce were killed at different times and at different locations.

I have read every post of this thread but for some reason the last one talking about the after death process breaks my heart. This avenue of discussion I don't think has any further purpose in finding her killers.

This little girl was a little toddler, just learning to talk, dearly loved by people, missed by her extended family - Her name is Khandalyce, Khandles for short.

The repeated transactions at the BP (now "On the Run") service station on Hampstead Rd are interesting, (as this is on a major truck route around Adelaide, heading north to Grand Junction Rd, and then out via Main North Rd or Wingfield Rd), however it is a more inner city petrol supermarket set up.
I know this service station and it is not set up for trucks to stop at. Also lots of CCTV .

Visioneye....What about a 2 tonne'r ??..... Parcel deliveries, food, medical...???

Ahhh.... thought bubble!!! ..... equipment/machinery for mining/quarry operations...

I noted prior to recent developments that the Marion area had a nearby Quarrie/mine, Cober Peddy (obviously) and Alice Springs - also Obvious...Now with the inclusion of details of Mt Gambier, already has many and also some new exploration of - Gina .....Mine, Mine, Mine (Everything's mine!!).... ETA: BELANGLO....Quarrie..

Just a thought .....

But yeah could the Hampstead RD accommodate a 2 tonne Vehicle??

Or maybe the wheelchair was to garner sympathy and avoid hard, prying questions?

Certainly possible. And it puts the seated person lower than eye level from the viewer, so it's easier to hide facial details, such as a difference in eye colour, or facial shape. Put a visor hat on the wheelchair person and her face would be pretty much hidden.

The linked article also says "“We know that that clothing that was made in 2007 was with the body when it decomposed,” he said.". So... the clothes were with the body as it decomposed, but all were put into the suitcase later? Perhaps the other belongings were already in the suitcase when the body and the 2007 clothing were removed from their previous storage place and put in with them?

The thing is, the first thing a person thinks of when they kill someone is to dispose of the remains. We know there was only the clothing made in 2007 that was on/with her when she was killed, and that was the clothing she decomposed in. However, whoever killed her, or someone known to that killer, has kept both the child while she decomposed, and the suitcase, as we know she was stuffed back in it at a later date.

This, IMO, is outside of "normal" behaviour, if I can call it that.

I can well imagine a scenario that would involve a couple, and she has grown attached to the little one, or maybe just has taken it upon herself to look after her, and then partner has decided the child has to go, against the woman's wishes. He kills her, then tells her to get rid of the body - maybe it was a way of punishing her in some form?

She maybe stashes the little body somewhere. As well as the suitcase. In the ceiling of their house perhaps? In their garage? Somewhere he won't look. She tells him she has gotten rid of it, maybe tells him some story, but she has actually kept it, because in the back of her mind it may be some form of insurance against him. She may have also drawn the line at dumping the little one, as she could have gotten attached to the child. Who knows?

Then something else happens, and the little body is bundled up into the suitcase, as they are both damning bits of evidence, and...back to either the stolen suitcase scenario, a death and a family member clearing stuff out, or the woman decides to unload the burden. An event of some kind triggered the removal and dumping of the suitcase and body from wherever it had been the last 5 years.

All MOO.

I pondered that police might have pulled over a different person, but felt the police computer would show up exposing the driver to be false.
Why would the police pull over Karlie? Speeding?

Is it possible the person the police pulled over in Karlies car in November wasn't actually her. Is it possible that person was the imposter / fraudster ? Maybe Karlie was already murdered by then.

Next, was the phone call that Mrs Povey got through to Karlie actually Karlie? Was it the impersonator that convinced Mrs Povery to call off the the missing persons placement with police not long after?
Was the police pull over the last time Karlie was seen?

Remember, Candles wasnt placed in the case that long according to police.

I notice these murderous scammers have filthy back yards with dumped cars.

Could Khandalyce have decomposed inside the commodore somewhere?

I know someone who owned a Holden wrecking yard and asked if he remembered ever buying a red/maroon VL Commodore station wagon with possible ACT rego and he couldn't remember specific vehicles as he'd wrecked many many of those cars. I really don't think he wanted to know any further about it. His yard closed down 6 years ago. Well I tried.....

Investigators said while finding a suspect's DNA on clothing and a suitcase, which were found near two-year-old Khandalyce Kiara Pearce's remains, may be possible "it is certainly not guaranteed"

Creating the DNA profile was a difficult task given the bones are believed to be about eight to nine years old and had degraded over that time.

"It was interesting because the bones themselves weren't bleached, so it didn't look like they have been out in the sun for a great period of time. They weren't dirty, so they didn't look like they had been buried. So it was surprising the level of degradation that we saw."

We now move onto a different phase on the investigation where we will look at the clothing in the suitcase and the suitcase itself to see if there is some DNA profiles there that might prove useful for the police in their investigation.

"The clothing has been in that suitcase for quite some period of time. We know that it has been spilt out into the open environment," Mr Pearman said.

"The sort of DNA we are looking at typically is called contact DNA so there is not much there to begin with and then being out in the environment just erodes away the amount of DNA we have to work with.

"We may get a result, it is certainly not guaranteed."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/forensic-team-searches-wynarka-suitcase-for-dna/6874714

While on the subject of dna .... can someone with any dna knowledge explain are tissue markers taken from bones or does that mean something else was able to be tested?
"The chemical markers that were in her tissue and bones indicated she had not spent much time in Australia," Detective Sergeant Tim Attwood told Fairfax Media.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...s-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html#ixzz3plvQUhpH

Perhaps Khandles and Karlies photos which were taken at the shopping centre weren't actually taken on the same day. Not sure what this shows/doesn't show but they aren't in the same photo.

I think I have worked out, from the backgrounds, flooring and furnishings in the Marion photos that Kandles was photographed in Hungry Jacks on the ground floor, while Karlie was photographed in front of Oportos on Level 2.

attachment.php

Attachments

• kandk.jpg
    kandk.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 308
I pondered that police might have pulled over a different person, but felt the police computer would show up exposing the driver to be false.
Why would the police pull over Karlie? Speeding?

Next, was the phone call that Mrs Povey got through to Karlie actually Karlie? Was it the impersonator that convinced Mrs Povery to call off the the missing persons placement with police not long after?
Was the police pull over the last time Karlie was seen?

Remember, Candles wasnt placed in the case that long according to police.

She was last seen in Canberra now apparently, confirmed by Des Bray today.
They WERE saying she was last seen in Coober Pedy in Nov 2008 now it's changed to last seen Canberra Dec 2008. Maybe someones come forward with that info recently, or maybe CCTV has confirmed?

SNAP meismemories I've been thinking the same.
It just seems to fit that she was kept in a vehicle. Maybe they thought if they could keep kandalyse away from karlie police wouldnt put two and two together . Or identify karlie . Then deciding the heat was off he/she/they decided to leave it somewhere .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Visioneye....What about a 2 tonne'r ??..... Parcel deliveries, food, medical...???

Ahhh.... thought bubble!!! ..... equipment/machinery for mining/quarry operations...

I noted prior to recent developments that the Marion area had a nearby Quarrie/mine, Cober Peddy (obviously) and Alice Springs - also Obvious...Now with the inclusion of details of Mt Gambier, already has many and also some new exploration of - Gina .....Mine, Mine, Mine (Everything's mine!!)....

Just a thought .....

But yeah could the Hampstead RD accommodate a 2 tonne Vehicle??

KP exploration drilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member