AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting - in answer to where the photos were taken:

I think I have worked out, from the backgrounds, flooring and furnishings in the Marion photos that Kandles was photographed in Hungry Jacks on the ground floor, while Karlie was photographed in front of Oportos on Level 2.

attachment.php

The Hungry Jacks image is from https://www.westfield.com.au/marion and the Oportos image is from http://www.oporto.com.au/locations/marion/

Attachments

• kandk.jpg
    kandk.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 460
Funny about scamming the family - I have no idea why, but I had assumed it was her father who was scammed.
I'm probably wrong. Don't know why I thought that.

I tried to stay up last night to see what they were going to say, kinda glad I didn't make it because I would have been up all night angry.

What kind of person can not only kill a mother and young child and then continue to scam the poor mother/grandmother for more money? That is beyond heartless. That is soulless.

And the fact they were killed separately? Just awful.

Could someone have killed them and then "sold" her id/info to another person?

That's what I thought initially.

But I'm really really puzzled by these developements.
Because of the payments in/around Alice Springs (both before and after they presumably died) and 'Karlie' an Khandalyce (was it truely them?) being stopped by police in Coober Pedy November 2008, you'd think people who knew them closely must be involved.

And was she really out of contact with everyone, or just her family? What also doesn't make sense if her mother was sending her money and in touch with 'Karlie'.

To use her identity for so long they must have known so much about her. Just imagine what they could have asked 'Karlie' at her Centerlink interview. They must have had knowledge of her whole life, or else you won't take the risk of going to the interview.

Were these two women who used her identity after Karlie died, forced to do that?
Did they die in 2012 when the bank card stopped being used?

On one hand it sounds like someone's targeting vulnerable women living on the edge of society in/around Adelaide and killing them and maybe selling their identity or cashing themselves.

But on the other hand this could be very personal. The voilence used against them. The knowledge they must have had to take over their lives. Movements (use of bank card) in and around Alice Springs. Does that point at former friends/contacts?

I'm just really confused.

I agree Dutch. The sheer audacity of using Karlie's bank card in her home town is astonishing.
Perhaps these people just think they are untouchable and that they cannot be caught.

Why are we always assuming a man is involved in these murders. Maybe it was the two women.

Or, the mother spoke to someone who she knew really well, and mother knew that person was very close to her daughter and could speak on her daughter's behalf when her daughter "didn't want to have any contact".

Perp: "Your daughter is standing right here beside me, and is completely fine. She just doesn't want to have any contact with you. You can believe me when I say that she is just fine .. except, well .. actually, she could use a few bucks."

But surely a grandmother would ask to a least speak to her grand daughter whom she made the quilt for. Even if you are not on speaking terms with your daughter.

Why are we always assuming a man is involved in these murders. Maybe it was the two women.

I you got back to the clothing found with baby angel, there was boys clothing in there. For some reason i thought karlie was staying with someone else who had kids and felt comfortable around. And that's how the boys clothing got mixed up in the suitcase, i also noticed the orange stroller that was in the picture looked really old and tatty for a 2 year old like it was given to her by someone.

I cant wrap my head around a woman/mother being responsible for this it makes me feel sick.

I you got back to the clothing found with baby angel, there was boys clothing in there. For some reason i thought karlie was staying with someone else who had kids and felt comfortable around. And that's how the boys clothing got mixed up in the suitcase, i also noticed the orange stroller that was in the picture looked really old and tatty for a 2 year old like it was given to her by someone.

Like a single father? So she would have a place to live taking care of the both of them. Or having a relationship with someone with a child. Or even staying with another family. And could that woman have taken over her identity.

Like a single father? So she would have a place to live taking care of the both of them. Or having a relationship with someone with a child. Or even staying with another family. And could that woman have taken over her identity.

a woman older then her who had a child in 1998 and maybe other kids too. that would explain the blue boxers, red basketball shorts and holden boxers. I would think this person was claiming benefits and new about the system and how easy it would be to get money for a while without centrelink contacting karlie

A large amount of money that went into her account that was wages from a person ....... wages kind of implies with some regularity.
Maybe a person was being blackmailed.

Or if it was after the Centrelink payments stopped in 2011, maybe they then moved on to using the account for wages fraud, I'm thinking of that ABN which may or may not have been set up in Karlie's name ... that was 2011 ... sounded like it might have been a mining related type of business. I have heard of "ghost employees" in mining and other industries, fictitious employees created to scam money. I'm sure it requires involvement of an actual employee/employer though, to put them in the payroll system and enter false timesheets or invoices. Should this be the case then I reckon they'll be easily traced.

Or maybe the "person/s" (monster/s) using the account did earn wages but used Karlie's identity due to not having the necessary visa.
Just some ideas and all IMO only, no links.

What would be the reason someone besides Karlie would continue to deposit money into her account, either AS Karlie or as themselves?

Drug transactions? Some other form of fraud? Scams not specifically related to Karlie?

What would be the reason someone besides Karlie would continue to deposit money into her account, either AS Karlie or as themselves?

Because you cant work under your own name? Someone hiding from the law?

Makara #20

In respect to what is known about the suspects involved in the financial aspects of the bank account transactions, Centrelink fraud and use of the phone, at least one offender is a male, there may have been more and at least two are females and those suspects either resided at or associated with or were listed in connection with properties at Devlin Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood in Canberra.

bbm
Davoren Park? :blushing:

Perhaps they were fraudulently claiming a disability pension? If they were working in a labouring job, but attended centrelink in a wheelchair because of their disability, the fraud would be discovered very quickly. Therefore, labouring wages were deposited into Karlie's account.

It is a week today since we found out Karlie and Khandalyce's names, and look at how much ground has been covered in the investigations.

Imagine how much more we will know in another week. Probably the names of the scum who did this!

I'm still in the last thread but I just wanted to jump forward to say this.
Even now, all I have to do to access Centrelink information or replace a bank card etc is call up and provide full name, birthdate, address or child's full name.
You are never asked for id during a Centrelink review.
To get an advance payment it was done over the phone.
Regarding immunisation records payment wasn't stopped if kids weren't immunised, you would receive a reminder letter. At one point there was a $208 bonus for full immunisation at 18 months.
I hope this info is somewhat helpful.

I can't help but wonder if the "A person's" wages added to her account, is a living person or another person who has had their identity stolen. I would guess the police already know this, but it's been on my mind since hearing that bit of info. Also, have they mentioned the date her family was contacted for money? Could the family have received death benefits from her mother passing and they went after some of that?

How does that work in Austrlia. How do you put wages of someone into a bank account. Does the company that employs a person make a digital payment to that persons account? And thus most likely have ID and personal data of that person (being the employer)? Can you go to a bank and make a deposit to someone's bankaccount?

What are the options?

Anyone can deposit to anyone's account if they have the name the account is in (Karlie Jade Stevenson), the unique identifying number of the branch the account is held at (the BSB) and the account number. It's very common to receive payments by direct deposit, and I'd say it's standard to receive wages that way. Nothing is needed to set that up.

I tried to stay up last night to see what they were going to say, kinda glad I didn't make it because I would have been up all night angry.

What kind of person can not only kill a mother and young child and then continue to scam the poor mother/grandmother for more money? That is beyond heartless. That is soulless.

And the fact they were killed separately? Just awful.

Could someone have killed them and then "sold" her id/info to another person?

I'm leaning towards two different lots of people involved.

One lot killed her and another lot maybe knew of the situation and then stole her identity. Maybe the people who did the identity theft also had Khandalyce for a period of time . That would sort of explain why all her belongings were kept for so long and not disposed of by a fire or more permanent ways of destruction .

I'm thinking yes at least 3 people might have been involved in the identity theft but then there's the two murders to consider. There's a lot of people out there with information .

I'm still in the last thread but I just wanted to jump forward to say this.
Even now, all I have to do to access Centrelink information or replace a bank card etc is call up and provide full name, birthdate, address or child's full name.
You are never asked for id during a Centrelink review.
To get an advance payment it was done over the phone.
Regarding immunisation records payment wasn't stopped if kids weren't immunised, you would receive a reminder letter. At one point there was a $208 bonus for full immunisation at 18 months.
I hope this info is somewhat helpful.
thats true, I worked for a government agency and proof of identity when talking over the phone is full name date of birth and address. I know plenty of my friends details so how easy would it be to phone up and provide and or receive information on their accounts.

I also remember years ago my cousins close friend stole her identity. She had her photo put on a drivers licence with my cousins details simply by attending the transport department with documentation of my cousins all of which did not contain photo ID.

Scary how easy things like this can happen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member