AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think so, I don't know how long people stay in hospital for when they have half there leg amputated but i would assume it wouldnt be a short stay

*Just thought i would add, i noticed her leg was amputated on the current affair video

A week or two in hospital for leg amputation, but it was reported she was paralysed... 6 months or more for a serious spinal injury, really depends how bad the injury and what other injuries or conditions a person has.
If paralysis due to brain injury or stroke...a few weeks to a few months?

Thanks Makara.... Do you also know when the last "Confirmed Sighting" was?? ..... just have a feeling Karlie May have been killed earlier than December.. trying to get my thoughts around the dates..amongst other things.

What more do we know how events played out, especially around the time when Karlie was murdered? I'm still working on adding new information from this period.

TIMELINE OF MURDER AND FRAUD (based on Bohemian's post)

2006: Khandalyce Kiara Pearce born in Alice Springs to single mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson.

2008 Karlie played netball and was in a 2008 C-grade side. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...c90987f0c8fcea

2008: Ms Pearce-Stevenson leaves family in Alice Springs and starts travelling around Australia with her young daughter.

2008-2009 Police believe during her travels, Ms Pearce-Stevenson met up with Holdom, who was living in Hillbank in South Australia in 2008/2009.http://www.smh.com.au/national/danie...#ixzz3pw20nFzK

Sept 16 2008 Car crash leaves 2 children dead. Driver 33 yr old male. Holdom named. Female adult sustains serious injuries, left paralysed. http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2008-0...m=sm&site=news Holdom looses license for one year. http://www.smh.com.au/national/danie...#ixzz3pw3BpxGi

Nov 8, 2008 -police sighting travelling north to Alice Springs

Nov 9 2008 Bank card used at Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs)

Nov 14 2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town)

Nov 17 2008 Bank card used at Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)

Nov. 2008: The last photos of Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce were taken at Marion Shopping Centre, Khandalyce wearing a pink dress. Last known sighting was driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy.

Nov 24 2008 Last use of bank card while Karlie was still alive ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra)

Dec 2008 There was an unconfirmed sighting of the Karlie and her daughter in the ACT in December, 2008, only hours from Belanglo — the notorious killing grounds of backpacker murderer Ivan Milat. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...631b72c2c681dc

Dec.14-15 2008 Karlie is murdered http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nglo)-3/page42

Dec. 14-15 2008 Suspect Holdom’s phone was traced to Belanglo State Forest

Dec 16 2008 Karlie's bank account is accessed in 16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)

"Shortly after": Khandylese murdered, location and date undisclosed/unknown at this time http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...631b72c2c681dc

Dec 19 2008 Bank card used 2008 Deakin (Canberra)

Dec 22 2008 Bank card used 2008 BP OTR (Broadview) Adelaide

Jan 6 2009 Bank card used Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)

Jan 7 2009 Bank card used EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )

Jan 10 2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview) Adelaide

Sept. 2009: Following less and less contact, her mother files a missing persons report with NT police. The report is closed a week later. It was believed Ms Pearce-Stevenson was safe, but did not want contact.

Aug. 2010: The remains of a young woman were found by a group of trail bike riders in Belanglo State Forest in NSW. The woman’s time of death is determined to have been anywhere from six months to 10 years prior. A distinctive T-shirt with Angelic motif found with the remains prompts the victim to be known as ‘Angel’.

In December 2010 a woman claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson also attended a compulsory interview with Centrelink at Salisbury. https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-poli...e#.VjIzWSJzbcs

Dec. 2011: Her remains are still unidentified and a computer-generated image of the face is released.

Mar 2012 Ms Pearce-Stevenson's credit card was last used, in 2012 in Charnwood http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...#ixzz3putBFmd0

July 2015: The skeletal remains of a child are found dumped in a Lanza suitcase alongside the Karoonda Highway, near Wynarka, on July 14. Several items of clothing and a distinctive handmade quilt are found. Detectives determine the child met a violent death aged 2 ½ to 4 and was killed up to seven years earlier at another location. DNA testing fails to yield her identity.

Aug-Sept. 2015: Police doorknock hundreds of properties in the Murray Mallee and receive more than 1000 Crime Stoppers calls. Clothing and quilt a key focus. Data-matching software identifies 6300 possible victims.

Oct. 8, 2015: One caller nominates Khandalyce as possibly being the little girl in the suitcase. Investigators then find a witness who had seen Khandalyce and her mother at Marion Shopping Centre in November 2008. She had photographed Khandalyce in a pink dress that was identical to that found in the suitcase. Police provided with photos of Khandalyce in a stroller with the handmade quilt that was also found in the suitcase.

Oct. 2015: A blood sample from Khandalyce’s medical records matches the DNA profile taken from the remains in the suitcase. Blood samples from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s medical records is used for a DNA profile. Police confirm they match Belanglo remains.

October 27: SA Police reveal Karlie’s identity was stolen after her death and used to steal more than $90,000 — welfare benefits, wages and money from her family — from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s account. The fraudsters impersonated Ms Pearce-Stevenson to authorities and her family members in brief phone calls.

October 28: A 41-year-old man is taken into police custody at Cessnock, NSW, for allegedly murdering Ms Pearce-Stevenson. He was charged with the murder late on Wednesday night.

October 29: Daniel Holdom appears in court charged with Karlie’s murder and is denied bail. It is revealed he was in a fatal car crash in SA’s Far North three months before Karlie’s murder that killed his girlfriend’s two children and left her in a wheelchair.

Source:

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/c...0bd32a492704ac

Below is what was reported... but as we have learned...reporters don't always get the facts right.

Something to keep in mind in the big scheme of things....dates, cessations of relationships, movements.

Paraphrased: Whilst his ex was recovering in Hospital (Mid September 2008 >>>?) A romantic relationship between Karlie and the accused supposedly developed.

If this is true (cough).... I'll have to say IMO he was a busy man.... and she was probably not the only romantic hook up whilst his ex was recovering.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/karlie-pearce-stevensons-alleged-killer-daniel-holdom-in-car-crash-which-killed-two-children/story-fni0cx12-1227587079756

Just wanted to add..... if anyone finds something in their Private Sleuthing that contradicts the MSM accounts....

Please...report it to South Australian Crime Stoppers Ph: 1800 333 000

https://sa.crimestoppers.com.au/

Thanks Makara.... Do you also know when the last "Confirmed Sighting" was?? ..... just have a feeling Karlie May have been killed earlier than December.. trying to get my thoughts around the dates..amongst other things.

Charnwood, Canberra between 24 Nov and 14 Dec 2008 I think.

Reposting the timeline I did earlier - just cos it took me a while :)

3/11/2008 Purchase at KFC (Port Augusta)

- 3 days later
- travels a distance of 310 km
6/11/2008 Purchase McDonalds (Rundle Mall, Adelaide)

- 3 days later
- travels 1,532 kms BACK to Alice Springs
- police sigthing was on 8 Nov travelling north to Alice Springs
9/11/2008 Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs)

- 5 days later
- travels 1,532 kms back to Adelaide
- Photos at Marion Shopping Centre taken
14/11/2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town)

- 3 days later
- travels 435 kms to Mt Gambier
17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)

- 7 days later
- travels 1051 kms to Canberra
24/11/2008 ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra)

DEATH Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008

- 23 days after last transaction but only 1 or 2 days after murder
16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)

- 3 days later
19/12/2008 Deakin (Canberra)

- 3days
- person with card has travelled 1,160 kms back to Adelaide
22/12/2008 BP OTR (Broadview)

- 14 days later
- person with card has travelled 849 kms to Coober Pedy
6/01/2009 Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)

- 1 day later
- person with card has travelled 688 kms to Alice Springs
7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )

- 3 days later
- person with card has travelled 1,532 kms back to Adelaide
10/01/2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview)

What if the ex-partner HP is innocent.

We are only tying in 2 factors - that she was a former partner of DJH and that she is in a wheel-chair, as was the woman who impersonated Karlie at the credit union.

What if it is another woman entirely and, knowing the risk, a wheel-chair was used so that if the matter and cctv was ever investigated it would look like HP.

The fact that she has not been arrested indicates to me that possibly she is not guilty.

Just thinking out loud....

Iits possible.... after all HP looks nothing like Carlie, and it would have been unbelievably risky to try and impersonate her especially considering the possibility that an employee of Centrelink or the Credit Union could ask to see photo ID.

Unless they had a fake ID created with HP's photo on it.

AFAIK the only ID with photo is SA is drivers' license.
There are probably many others but that's the only ID I personally have with a photo.
So what better way to excuse not having a drivers' license than being in a wheel-chair.

Reposting the timeline I did earlier - just cos it took me a while :)

3/11/2008 Purchase at KFC (Port Augusta)

- 3 days later
- travels a distance of 310 km
6/11/2008 Purchase McDonalds (Rundle Mall, Adelaide)

- 3 days later
- travels 1,532 kms BACK to Alice Springs
- police sigthing was on 8 Nov travelling north to Alice Springs
9/11/2008 Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs)

- 5 days later
- travels 1,532 kms back to Adelaide
- Photos at Marion Shopping Centre taken
14/11/2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town)

- 3 days later
- travels 435 kms to Mt Gambier
17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)

- 7 days later
- travels 1051 kms to Canberra
24/11/2008 ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra)

DEATH Karlie was murdered between December 14 and 15, 2008

- 23 days after last transaction but only 1 or 2 days after murder
16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)

- 3 days later
19/12/2008 Deakin (Canberra)

- 3days
- person with card has travelled 1,160 kms back to Adelaide
22/12/2008 BP OTR (Broadview)

- 14 days later
- person with card has travelled 849 kms to Coober Pedy
6/01/2009 Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)

- 1 day later
- person with card has travelled 688 kms to Alice Springs
7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )

- 3 days later
- person with card has travelled 1,532 kms back to Adelaide
10/01/2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview)

Thank you Jane ..... I have now saved it to my puter xx

Something is bugging me (something is missing).... a bit like those witness statements. Can't put my finger on it though.

Night.

Excellent work JaneSA and musicaljoke. Would you copy your posts over to the Media/Timeline thread so that we can refer to them at any time. Whenever they need to be updated, let me know privately and I'll add to them. There is a link to the Media/Timeline thread on page one of this thread so that everyone can access it.

thanks Jane .. I've tried to include the information that you provided. I've checked the WS pages up to pg 60 for timeline information, but I have to go now. I hope that we can continue to fill in the details.

I posted it on the media thread. It will surely need to be edited for additional information.. but I have leave ..

From Sydney Morning Herald article - Holdom was given a 12-month good behaviour bond and lost his licence for a year over the late-night crash on the Stuart Highway at Marla in the state's north.

What a poor sentence for the loss of 2 innocent child lives in a 4 wd vehicle which rolled - 7 people in car - 4 adults and 3 children. Were they all restrained I wonder?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/dani...-identity-fraud-20151029-gklz45#ixzz3pxvfIous
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

There were only 2 adults, and 3 children. DH who was 33 at the time, his girlfriend HP who was 26 at the time, the 2 children of HP that were killed and a 2 year old. DH, HP and the 2 yr old were airlifted to the hospital.

"A 7-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl, both from Alice Springs, died when the car they were in rolled on the Stuart Highway near Marla in the state's north at about 10:00pm.

The driver, a 33-year-old man, and two other passengers, a 26-year-old woman and a 2-year-old girl, were airlifted to the Alice Springs Hospital."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2008-09-16/four-die-on-sa-roads/511300?pfm=sm&site=news

There were only 2 adults, and 3 children. DH who was 33 at the time, his girlfriend HP who was 26 at the time, the 2 children of HP that were killed and a 2 year old. DH, HP and the 2 yr old were airlifted to the hospital.

"A 7-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl, both from Alice Springs, died when the car they were in rolled on the Stuart Highway near Marla in the state's north at about 10:00pm.

The driver, a 33-year-old man, and two other passengers, a 26-year-old woman and a 2-year-old girl, were airlifted to the Alice Springs Hospital."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2008-09-16/four-die-on-sa-roads/511300?pfm=sm&site=news

Well worked out!
I read it as 3 adults too, but I see you are correct.
Where do these journos go to school?

Thank you Jane ..... I have now saved it to my puter xx

Something is bugging me (something is missing).... a bit like those witness statements. Can't put my finger on it though.

Night.

Yeah, me too. Something's not right. I would really, really like to know if people in Wynarka now recognize the suspects as having been in Wynarka around the time Karlie and Khandalyce died. Or ever for that matter.

Iits possible.... after all HP looks nothing like Carlie, and it would have been unbelievably risky to try and impersonate her especially considering the possibility that an employee of Centrelink or the Credit Union could ask to see photo ID.

Unless they had a fake ID created with HP's photo on it.
Hi,following this thread since July!
Kind of obvious but HP is unlikely to be the person travelling such long distances and using the bank card in the immediate aftermath of Karlie death, as she had just had a serious accident . If she was involved in fraud later is another question.

I was wondering. Would the woman in the wheelchair be receiving centre link payments as well after beeing in the wheelchair and not being with the suspect anymore? Some sort of disabled benefits?

If so, could she possibly be requested for interviews (for her true identity as well as karlie's identity)?

I just had a thought - what if someone else borrowed HP wheelchair to go to the centerlink appointment ?

This case is so fast moving with so many twists and turns. I wonder what today will bring ?

I just had a thought - what if someone else borrowed HP wheelchair to go to the centerlink appointment ?

This case is so fast moving with so many twists and turns. I wonder what today will bring ?

That could well be a possibility. Until police name HP as the fraudster in the wheelchair we really don't know if she is guilty or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3