AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Pearce-Stevenson‘s accused killer ‘a follower’:

i understand from MSM articles that TB did NOT leave DH, <Modsnip>
To me 'follower ' means a lackey or a toady. TB may be trying to protect him.
Or equally possible, even taunting him.
A person who is in police custody and refuses to make a statement is IMO quite a tough character. A weaker person, a follower? when confronted with the evidence, or with the interview techniques police can bring to bear, would sing like a bird IMO even if only to squawk they did not do it.

Long story short, the people who talked to the reporters from the Murdoch press wanted everyone to think Hazel ordered the killing of Karlie because Daniel was like a whooped dog who only did as he was told, even when on the opposite side of the country.

Regardless, following orders or not, it's still Murder, so they're wasting their time.

Re Pearce-Stevenson&#8216;s accused killer &#8216;a follower&#8217;:

i understand from MSM articles that TB did NOT leave DH, <Modsnip>
To me 'follower ' means a lackey or a toady. TB may be trying to protect him.
Or equally possible, even taunting him.
A person who is in police custody and refuses to make a statement is IMO quite a tough character. A weaker person, a follower? when confronted with the evidence, or with the interview techniques police can bring to bear, would sing like a bird IMO even if only to squawk they did not do it.

Who is TB?

Using a card and not cash in the store just goes to show that they are not very smart.

Karlie was still alive at the time of the Strandbags purchase in Mt G, so she probably just used her card normally.

That link doesn't work on my computer. Don't know if it's just my end though.

Sorry about that, I'm not sure why that link didn't work but have provided a different one on my original post. :blushing:

The following chart shows how contempt, privilege, defamation and sub judice interact during the reporting of legal proceedings.

They show two common scenarios. In the first, a crime is committed then - after an investigation - a man is charged and undergoes a trial. In the second, a man is arrested at the scene of the crime and goes through the court process.

From the colour-coded steps in the process, see how the different aspects of laws governing reporting change as the case proceeds.

http://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/sub_judice_chart_01.html

Just because, and hypothetically... it has been stated that Ms Passmore , on the weekend's questioning session was 'under caution'.. on that basis, I reckon they took a DNA sample from her... it would have been a radical move if so requested and she and her barrister refused to allow it.

and maybe we are all waiting on the lab result. perhaps some residue of bodily fluids are still recoverable from the items in the suitcase, ,, perhaps Mitochondrial DNA off the boy's clothing, or the larger sizes... about another 24 hours, I'm guessing ...

I agree that it seems unlikely that she would either want or be able to cope with an extra child at such a time, but I am not aware of the police saying that she did care for Khandles.
Has the media reported that?
Sorry, but I've not seen it, so just wondering.

It was just in response to some musings on here

Detectives have identified a purchase made from Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s bank account at a Strandbags store in Mount Gambier on November 17, 2008, reports The Australian. The chain was the only Australian stockists of the dark grey Lanza suitcase in which Khandalyce’s remains were found near an Outback highway in July this year.

Both Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce were known to be in the company of Holdom and his then partner Hazel Passmore, 33, in the last half of 2008. Photographs of Khandalyce in November show her wearing clothes that were found in the tattered suitcase, The Australian said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ces-bones-inside/story-fnihsrk2-1227597393922

The following chart shows how contempt, privilege, defamation and sub judice interact during the reporting of legal proceedings.

They show two common scenarios. In the first, a crime is committed then - after an investigation - a man is charged and undergoes a trial. In the second, a man is arrested at the scene of the crime and goes through the court process.

From the colour-coded steps in the process, see how the different aspects of laws governing reporting change as the case proceeds.

http://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/sub_judice_chart_01.html

That's brilliant, thanks Makara. Very clear.

They may not have to speak to Management of the Mt Gambier store, if they already know where the suitcase was purchased.

It could have belonged to Karlie or her family prior to her leaving Alice, possibly already identified by family members.

It is also quite possible that Karlie made the purchase herself using her own card. She may have needed a case for more organization in her vehicle. Karlie was still alive at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me