AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 'suitcase man' is a red herring, if there was a suitcase man he wasn't carrying THE suitcase IMO.

I don't see how someone prowling about with a suitcase full of the victims bones could be considered "irrelevant"!

<modsnip> I'm not too far from Wynarka, and I just cant see an Innocent Explanation for Suitcase Man - unless you have a link where police state its definitely not related?

Police are famous for stating "he's not a suspect" immediately before they arrest *whoever*.

In this case no ones been arrested for Khandalyce's murder, which means the perp is still possibly outstanding.

"largely irrelevant but we would like to know who he is as a matter of completeness".

"We have been able to establish now that that man has been seen in that area before the suitcase was discovered by people travelling that road, and he continued to be seen after [that] carrying his suitcase up and down the road after the suitcase had been recovered."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-23/police-search-homes-in-sa-canberra-mother-daughter/6879814

There's no indication that he was "prowling about with a suitcase full of the victims bones". I'm just saying I think it's a bit harsh to make any kind of broad accusations regarding the suitcase man. In my opinion, he either doesn't exist and his "sighting" has gained momentum to the extent that other people have carried it on, or he's an innocent bystander. I base this from what the police have already said. If the police hadn't said they think he is "largely irrelevant" I wouldn't hold the same opinion.

<modsnip>

The heading on that article says

"Police Still Want To Speak to the Man With The Suitcase"

They don't clear him, at all.

Also, he'd have to be dead not to have heard he is being searched for.

If he is an innocent highway hiker or red herring, why hasn't he identified himself?

I'm sorry but like most police, I don't believe in coincidence.

I believe they are softening the language to encourage him to get cocky and make a mistake thinking they are looking elsewhere.

A tactic, in other words.

I don't see how someone prowling about with a suitcase full of the victims bones could be considered "irrelevant"!

<modsnip> I'm not too far from Wynarka, and I just cant see an Innocent Explanation for Suitcase Man - unless you have a link where police state its definitely not related?

Police are famous for stating "he's not a suspect" immediately before they arrest *whoever*.

In this case no ones been arrested for Khandalyce's murder, which means the perp is still possibly outstanding.

I'm with you, Sapphire. A person with a suitcase along a road in Sticksville is so unusual that it's noteworthy. People use backpacks pretty much everywere except the airport. The longer he remains unidentified, the more suspicious it gets. I don't believe that there is a simple, innocent explanation.

All I can think is

he disposed of the suitcase

realized hed left something in it that could identify him

went back, maybe moved it further off the road while he was at it....

I'm with you, Sapphire. A person with a suitcase along a road in Sticksville is so unusual that it's noteworthy. People use backpacks pretty much everywere except the airport. The longer he remains unidentified, the more suspicious it gets. I don't believe that there is a simple, innocent explanation.

You know I really think this is cultural.

US has so many drifters they are kind of a common sight.

Australia - a town like Wynarka....just, no...

He may as well have been an elephant walking down the main street!

Panic...I see rushed panic. Maybe he was looking for a wheelie bin and couldn't find one.

The woman who saw the suitcase man watched him from her window. If you look at Wynarka google maps. Her home is a trucking company. She would know what a swapping driver would look like you would think..?

Hitchhiker got dropped at Wynarka as there are many roads leading off. "This is as far as I go good luck" happened to me many times when I was a young hitch hiker. You would do a sweep of the main road and realize nothing here and back to the Highway. Backpacker long gone.
Maybe she never saw him.
Maybe she made a small story bigger than it should be.
Wynarka has many properties with space and sheds. One has been for sale for quite sometime.

Hitchhikers are no longer a common site in Australia thanks to Milat.

Also, hitchhikers do not use suitcases, generally speaking I don't think ive ever seen a person with a suitcase on the side of the road, fellow Aussies?

I was a hitchhiker myself in Australia. You get a swag.

Older people also - with our social security system, older people tend not to be homeless or mobile, they tend to have subsidized housing and stay put or go on coach tours, not wander about randomly with a suitcase in a town that doesn't even have a tourist facility!

If he was a hitchhiker also....how did he GET to Wynarka without someone giving him a ride and later calling police? Hitchhikers travel exclusively by other people, folk would've called up and said "i gave an old guy with a suitcase a lift" but no one has.

Nope, he drove.

I think he came from close by, and he was looking for a wheelie bin. I cant get Murray Bridge out of my head but when I get feelings like that im usually wrong! But somewhere nearby where he would still be unknown in Wynarka and think of it as "country".

I wonder if he came on pick up day? If he knew the local bins were being emptied? Found unexpectedly the bin in Wynarka was not there, had to improvise?

Realized he'd left the suitcase too close to the road, went back and moved it?

There hasn't been anything to suggest steroids - I only brought it up because of the discussion about drugs in general.

Oops, i didn't mean drug steroids at all. There's a saying, if somethings huge you'd say it was on steroids namely huge bodybuilders muscle.

It is strange part to the story. If it does exist then ... In the early days my bent was as follows.

Many sheds in Wynarka.

The bag being carried wasn't the bag found.
Bag found has been in the elements for a few years at least.

From Wynarka walking ... the spot where the bag was found is where the side of the road bush pretty much finishes and it opens out to paddocks with less scrub on the verge. As far as you can go from "Town" before you have to ditch the bag.
Having said that you would wander further into the bush to the side of Wynarka...
Maybe the stone piles mark the spot so can be found later by yourself or somebody else driving by.
This spot is where vehicles do u-turns or pull into that motor cycle track. A place known by people who have been there before. "look for the stone pile near to the entrance to the bike track" trouble being they never made it back.
Why are you on foot anyway.
You have to go very Lynch film on this one for it to make sense.

Hitchhikers are no longer a common site in Australia thanks to Milat.

Also, hitchhikers do not use suitcases, generally speaking I don't think ive ever seen a person with a suitcase on the side of the road, fellow Aussies?

I was a hitchhiker myself in Australia. You get a swag.

Older people also - with our social security system, older people tend not to be homeless or mobile, they tend to have subsidized housing and stay put or go on coach tours, not wander about randomly with a suitcase in a town that doesn't even have a tourist facility!

If he was a hitchhiker also....how did he GET to Wynarka without someone giving him a ride and later calling police? Hitchhikers travel exclusively by other people, folk would've called up and said "i gave an old guy with a suitcase a lift" but no one has.

Nope, he drove.

I think he came from close by, and he was looking for a wheelie bin. I cant get Murray Bridge out of my head but when I get feelings like that im usually wrong! But somewhere nearby where he would still be unknown in Wynarka and think of it as "country".

I wonder if he came on pick up day? If he knew the local bins were being emptied? Found unexpectedly the bin in Wynarka was not there, had to improvise?

Realized he'd left the suitcase too close to the road, went back and moved it?

I agree hitchhiking is no longer popular as such...but I wonder if there is a website or similar where people (especially in outer/rural areas) can grab lifts with truckies? I know companies often say not to do it but there are a lot of owner drivers on lonely roads who probably are quite happy for a bit of company (perhaps extra money) and it would seem a relatively safe way to travel? I know people used to hitch lifts at truck stops but pretty sure now that has been made quite difficult. Often the truck stops have rooms where only the truckies can go and big signs saying no hitching. Im not thinking of hitchhikers/backpackers in the traditional sense, just people who want to get around in a rural area. Maybe someone not keen on driving long distances or older and not so capable of driving?
Truck drivers often advertise 'back loads'...I wonder if they also take passengers??

Saw a woman with a suitcase hitching last weekend, we stopped to make sure she was ok (she was crying), said she was fine and so we drove on.

I think the photo of Karlie at Marion was taken from a standing position with the camera/phone held at chest height so Karlie may be looking above the camera into the photographer's face, while the photo of Kandalyce was taken from a squatting or seated position.

The photos are interesting for several reasons:

Seems strange not to take a photo of Karlie and Kandalyce together. (unless they haven't been released by police)

Karlie appears, as others have said, to be a bit annoyed and taken off guard. She certainly didn't pose for the photo and it seems to have been taken quickly.

The most puzzling aspect, is why the photos were kept for 7 years. The photo of Karlie was as unremarkable as it was unflattering.
It would have meant transferring the photos with phone upgrades or stored on a computer.

That the photos were kept suggests they were important to the photographer, both at the time, and for the subsequent 7 years.

Maybe the old guy wandering around with the suitcase simply found it in a building he was living in and wanted to rid himself of it, with no questions asked. Some people can be very leery of getting involved with police for any reason.

He may have had no involvement in Khandalyce's death or in knowingly concealing her remains for any length of time. Perhaps this is why investigators have said he is 'largely irrelevant' to the investigation into Khandalyce's death (other than being helpful in tracing the chain of evidence IMO). The same motive for questions regarding anyone removing item(s) from the suitcase. Trace evidence, linkage of locations to crimes, ruling dates/items/people/locations in or out of the investigation. Investigators have stated they don't know when or where Khandalyce died. A pretty big hole they need to sew up before they can even think of charging anyone.

Also, I think investigators may already have someone else in their sights. Hence, the above information is just another nail in their coffin.

I have always thought those photo's odd. The why take them and why keep them.

I agree hitchhiking is no longer popular as such...but I wonder if there is a website or similar where people (especially in outer/rural areas) can grab lifts with truckies? I know companies often say not to do it but there are a lot of owner drivers on lonely roads who probably are quite happy for a bit of company (perhaps extra money) and it would seem a relatively safe way to travel? I know people used to hitch lifts at truck stops but pretty sure now that has been made quite difficult. Often the truck stops have rooms where only the truckies can go and big signs saying no hitching. Im not thinking of hitchhikers/backpackers in the traditional sense, just people who want to get around in a rural area. Maybe someone not keen on driving long distances or older and not so capable of driving?
Truck drivers often advertise 'back loads'...I wonder if they also take passengers??

They do, from my recollection of my Uncle and his mates but only if they know them, or one of their mates do.

If you are going to dump something why so close to a small town. So many other stretches of road where there is nothing for a long weary time.
The case was supposed to be found or was to be moved again.

Panic, imo.

Something happened and the perp had to move the suitcase.

Maybe it was in his shed and he had to sell up.

Maybe he got evicted.

Perhaps just in case the photographer thought she might not see them again.

Or

Perhaps someone who hadn't seen them for a long time and didn't know when they'd see them again.

Or

Lots of other reasons, both suspicious and not suspicious.

I have always thought those photo's odd. The why take them and why keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member