AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Bohemian that discussion of HP has gone on too long.

However, the reason it keeps coming back up is because some posters assume, without any genuine evidence, that she is the perpetrator of the fraud and thus in contact with and partnership with DH after Karlie's death.

The fact is, that is only supposition, admittedly picked up by MSM, but with no known basis in truth.

So whenever someone is disparaging about the nature and personality of HP and makes assumptions that she is guilty of something, it is logical, honest and sensible, IMO, to point out that she has willingly gone to the police, under her own steam, given hours of evidence but NOT been charged with any offence.

In my opinion, it is disingenuous to suggest that police have not charged her because they don't have enough evidence or they are waiting for something (what?).

To me it is obvious - they have not charge HP because she has not committed a crime.

To me it is also obvious that some people in the media display a prejudice against this woman that is based on nothing more than the cruel fact that she is in a wheelchair and didn't smile at journalists. I think that grossly unfair.

I know some people here are implacably convinced of HP's guilt, but I simply ask you to ask yourself, what exactly is that conviction based upon?

She may or may not be guilty. I will readily admit, I don't know.
But the fact is, nobody here knows; everybody just has their favourite prejudices.

I think it is routinely the police who effectively "call off" on an MPR, based in this case on advice from the family that they had received some form of contact from Karlie which had obviously convinced them that she was alive and well but just not wanting any contact with family at the time :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

A couple of new snippets here. (either the Daily Mail has constant new info, or they just change stuff to try and fan reader interest.)

I apologise in advance for the wading through old info you will have to do to get there.

-that the the missing persons report was called off by the police, not the family.

-that Karlies last known address was in Alice Springs.(where her mail goes to right? )

I honestly can't remember what our licences were like back then - now they are so space-age sophisticated it would take a very professional document/ ID fraudster to doctor them! Not only are they heavily laminated and "water-marked" they also now have a tricky little prism circle bottom left which intrigues me...

Absolutely it would take some front. The same as rocking up to a bank and a Centerlink office and passing yourself off as someone else takes some front. If a driver's license was doctored simply for the purpose of identity theft and fraud, the Dept. of Transport wouldn't even have to sight it. Would the bank or Centrelink contact the Dept of Transport about it. I think not. They'd just note that they'd sighted the customer's driver's license.

I honestly can't remember what our licences were like back then - now they are so space-age sophisticated it would take a very professional document/ ID fraudster to doctor them! Not only are they heavily laminated and "water-marked" they also now have a tricky little prism circle bottom left which intrigues me...

SA licenses haven't really changed much since 2008. Yep, very space-age :)

I imagine that both her expensive silk, the venerable Mr BB, AND the constabulary, would veto any such notion on her part, however well-intended, as it could never be guaranteed to not create an unintended backlash. At the end of the day, it is to be hoped that she will face a jury of her peers in SA...IMO...

Never ever would she do that (attending funeral), IMO, because she can't be innocent enough, IMO too.

If I were Karlie's stepfather/stepbrother/auntie/uncle/cousin etc., in no case I would want her to see at the ceremony. Apart from anything else, HP is also the perennial ex-partner of Karlie's murderer.

The idea that HP & KP are "friends" postmortem is not one I come even close to reconciling. And all the ideas to float that angle have been flimsy at best and at worst seem a strange definition of friendship.

Fair enough.
For me though, it is the idea that HP and DH remained friendly or even on speaking terms after the accident that I can't believe.

I've read that phrase "... and at least two are females" a number of times. It sounds very definite to me. Not, we think there maybe two females, or possibly two females, but "at least two are females".
I have assumed the reference to 2 females is 2 different women at the credit union and the Centrelink office.My assumption (only assumption) is that both are on cctv and appear different.

ok so where and to whom did Hazel sent Karlie's money to. ? Jane wont answer this, maybe you have a 'theory' . and I'm interested.

To any other account she has been told to deposit it into. Sorry for such a basic answer.

I cannot imagine how many photo's of Karlie, and Khandalyce would satisfy if the amount of photo's so far published is 'deeply troubling ' by its low number, or are not the 'sort of pictures normally used in obituaries, etc, ' that is incomprehensible. .. ..

There is no doubt they come from the family, it is utterly risible to propose these photographs that have been put up on this thread by Makara and others came from Holdom or Hazel. I don't think the pics Hazel, or her kids took at the car show were released by Hazel, someone else picked them up of Facebook and dispersed them. .

It cant be easy for the family to give these photo's away for them to be made public. On the other hand, the many pictures of Karlie and Khandalyce the family have released are beautiful and poignant, in the knowledge now of their demise. It is puzzling how any aspersions can be even considered being cast upon them in regard to photo's of Karlie and Khandalyce..

It isn't a pageant .. . its a funeral. An unexpected and deeply painful one. A double funeral for two , whose ending of their lives was brutal and violent. I just don't know how many photo's one would want or expect, or deem necessary. , really.

I imagine that both her expensive silk, the venerable Mr BB, AND the constabulary, would veto any such notion on her part, however well-intended, as it could never be guaranteed to not create an unintended backlash. At the end of the day, it is to be hoped that she will face a jury of her peers in SA...IMO...

the thought of Mr BB even allowing that conversation to arise has me gobsmacked.. .

Yes, I can't imagine anyone thinking that would be a good idea under the circumstances.

MOD ALERT: Just a reminder. Karlie and Khandalyce are the victims here. HP is not a victim, she is a suspect. There will be no tolerance for victim blaming on this thread.

They never identified Kandalyce through non imunization. I thought that was a bit of a slip up.

Police established that Khandalyce had not had further immunization from her 18 month milestone, and there was no medical record of her from that time. That set them on the path of further enquiries, including obtaining blood information from the Guthrie test, taken when she was born, enabling them to match her DNA. I am sure that there were a lot of other female children, who had missed immunizations followed up in that time to ensure that they were alive and safe, whilst the detectives were trying to identify Khandalyce.

DH seemed to have a penchant for hiding Karlie's belongings in plain sight. The suitcases stored at his sister's place. Karlie's bank card in his wallet (and most probably Karlie's phone also hidden under his car seat IMO.).

IMO he did the same thing with the remains of Khandalyce and the suitcase she was found in. He hung onto everything for years but I don't think it was for sentimental reasons. It was a form of control. He had control over it all and always knew exactly where it was.

I don't believe that DH dumped the suitcase near Wynarka. That goes against his MO IMO. Whoever dumped that suitcase had possession of it for years and knew what it contained. Something has triggered the need to be rid of the suitcase in early to mid 2015 or even late 2014. What was going on with the custodian of the suitcase during that time period to finally want to get rid of it?

Perhaps because LE were getting close to identifying Karlie and 'someone' who no doubt came up in the investigations was worried....quick, get rid of anything that ties me to her. I cant do it myself for 'whatever reason' but you do it.

Unless it is an example of journalistic infelicity (and it's rampant lol) and he/she has used "they" loosely in relation to "...her family." in the final words of the excerpt...

'A missing person report on Ms Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter was filed in September 2009 - almost a year after she was spotted driving a red Commodore wagon on the Stuart Highway in Coober Pedy - however it was closed only days later after police believe they made contact with the young mother, who had decided not to speak with her family'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-murdered-mother-daughter.html#ixzz3t75tPpyq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

this bit caught my eye, up until now I believed that Colleen had called off the Missing Persons search, but from this, and if what I read is correct, the police made contact with the impersonator and THEY were fooled as well. Plus, the impersonator had a cool enough nerve to carry this call off,.. not a bad days work, if you can do it, added to which the impersonator manages to get the police to get the family off the boil as well. How cunning is that ?

:confused:

If you're operating as a sole trader, there is no legal requirement for you to open a business bank account. You can use an existing bank account in your personal name.
If your business operates as a partnership, company or a trust, then it must have a separate bank account for tax purposes.

http://www.business.gov.au/business...ess-finances/Pages/business-bank-account.aspx

Why did KPS Expl. have no bank account and where can I see this? GST= inactive doesn't mean "no bank account", I would think. :confused:

The bank account would have been Karlie's bank account as she was the purported 'sole trader' on this account (the robbed one). You will never see the bank account attached to an ABN. It is not yours or anyone else's business. Only the bank, the ATO, and Centrelink need to know (only if also on benefits). GST inactive only means that there is no GST registration attached to the ABN. Under $75,000 business turnover, it is optional as to whether an entity, including a sole trader registers for GST. Over $75,000 turnover, it is mandatory to be registered. Hope this helps.

I have assumed the reference to 2 females is 2 different women at the credit union and the Centrelink office.My assumption (only assumption) is that both are on cctv and appear different.

Or one is in a wheelchair and the other isn't.

If there are any ladies in websleuths, on this thread who can elaborate on what Centrelink would be cutting Karlie off from her payment in 2011 for, I would appreciate the info. It seems careless in a way of Centrelink to do this without some confirmation of Karlie's situation (or anyones, really ) .. she is a young girl with a young child, I just wondered if Centrelink just stopped payment without any further ado, just boom, .. what would be the leadup to that? what would they have been requiring of 'Karlie', that 'Karlie, the female impersonator of ' would go without the money rather than attempt to provide what Centrelink wanted at the time?

taking into consideration that the impersonator had already been successful in prolonging the payments for years.....

Maybe Centrelink received returned mail which had been addressed to Karlie whereever. This can often trigger cessation, or she may have been written to to attend an appointment (possibly re Khandalyce's ongoing immunizations) and failed to respond. It may even have been the extra money (wages) going into Karlie's bank account which triggered a query, and perhaps negated some of her entitlements. My thoughts only, but I think they are very feasible.

The bank account would have been Karlie's bank account as she was the purported 'sole trader' on this account (the robbed one). You will never see the bank account attached to an ABN. It is not yours or anyone else's business. Only the bank, the ATO, and Centrelink need to know (only if also on benefits). GST inactive only means that there is no GST registration attached to the ABN. Under $75,000 business turnover, it is optional as to whether an entity, including a sole trader registers for GST. Over $75,000 turnover, it is mandatory to be registered. Hope this helps.

Most likely the reason her Centrelink payments were stopped or at least questioned...it appears she is now working as she is getting a wage.

Fair enough.
For me though, it is the idea that HP and DH remained friendly or even on speaking terms after the accident that I can't believe.

To me this speaks volumes - as it shows how close they actually were. For them to still have contact, not only meant they were close, but that they most likely had some quite extensive history together. (My opinion only).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18