AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but from reports the one constant in her itinerant lifestyle was Karlie. We haven't been told of Khandalyce being left alone with anyone else, infact, the long hauls over the preceeding months tells me Karlie didnt go too far without Khandalyce.

Would she just up and leave her with someone she's just met or would she take her along as usual.

If it were only for a few hours to go to Belangelo, its possible, but how did that conversation go..'hey can I leave Khandalyce with you while we go to Belangelo for the night' and how did he explain to whoever had Khadalyce, Karlie not returning.
In there is the dilemma, to believe this, she would had to willingly left her child, to visit a forest notorious with serial killing and doesnt return to pick her up and no one bats an eyelid.

It could be that Karlie had known DH's sister for a while (if that is where Khandles was left).
This may not have been her first trip to Canberra if reports are correct that she had been making these long, long road trips since 2006.
She already knew DH so maybe she had met his sister and stayed there more than once.

Like the way you're thinking JackHigh - keep it coming!

Something that has stood out for me is the nature in which Karlie was killed, LE have pointed towards 'stomping'
It made me think, why stomping, its not the most commonly used method and takes a lot more effort than a knife.
Then it dawned on me, 3 months prior he had been involved in a MVA involving a rollover, rollovers often produce crush injuries.

I cant help but feel that perhaps K made reference to the accident, maybe he offered to drive somewhere and she made a comment that she wouldnt trust him to drive her and Khandalyce after what had happened, combined with what he had been through, perhaps it was enough to make him snap.

With HP laid up in hospital and a new relationship with an attractive young woman, is it posssible when he left for Canberra he had no intention of returning to his old life until something went wrong, is something as simple as what i've posed above enouigh to trigger the sequence of events that followed.

All MOO.

Yes, I see what you mean. So do you think it was premeditated - Holdom specifically took Karlie to kill her? I guess the next question is, how do we know she wasn't already dead and he took her to Belanglo purely to dump the body, to confuse police, re Milat.

BBM
Yes, im just not sure if it was because he knew he had to return to his previous life and loose lips sink ships or he was happy to have moved on but something triggered him to want to inflict serious hurt on the poor girl.
At first i was leaning on the former, but the nature of the injuries just jump out at me as though he wanted her/them to experience what had happened recently.
Its too much of a coincidence that Khandalyce and Karlie just happened to be seperated on the night Karlie was killed, i believe that was premeditated. If that was premeditated, why not take a weapon or at the very least resort to strangulation, why stomping.

The link to Milat is possible, but it wasnt his style and would have been ruled out fairly quickly.

All MOO

Leads our threads to the question of when did "someone" decide 1) we need to keep proof of life current 2) if we play our cards right we can not only do that but cash in big time as well and to do that we'll need ID...I shudder to think how he got pin numbers for card and possibly also phone and any pin she may have had for voicemail :(

I am betting on the sister's also, I think they were all staying there and he has missed the birth certificate when he pack the 2 suit cases and picked up Khandalyce. You would have to think that he has spun his sis a story about Karlie's absence because his sister seems to have put away the birth certificate for safe keeping, she would have undoubtedly disposed of it if she had known what had happened.

And add to that the speculation that was mooted before that police probably ideally like to wait until funerals have been held

Fortunate for a lot of reason probably, but I thought it was to give them as much time as needed to collect evidence before they charged him with Khandalyce's murder.

It could be that Karlie had known DH's sister for a while (if that is where Khandles was left).
This may not have been her first trip to Canberra if reports are correct that she had been making these long, long road trips since 2006.
She already knew DH so maybe she had met his sister and stayed there more than once.

Very possible Jane. Im basing my thoughts around what we know, unless i've missed something, and that is quite likely considering the pace at which this has all unravelled, i have not seen a previous link between DH's sister and Karlie.

Like the way you're thinking JackHigh - keep it coming!

Thanks Maggie, i just wish i had taken the plunge and entered the conversation threads ago, i have so many theories which go right back to before the MVA, but the thread has evolved to this stage so i'll sit on them until a relevant point is raised.

BBM
Yes, im just not sure if it was because he knew he had to return to his previous life and loose lips sink ships or he was happy to have moved on but something triggered him to want to inflict serious hurt on the poor girl.
At first i was leaning on the former, but the nature of the injuries just jump out at me as though he wanted her/them to experience what had happened recently.
Its too much of a coincidence that Khandalyce and Karlie just happened to be seperated on the night Karlie was killed, i believe that was premeditated. If that was premeditated, why not take a weapon or at the very least resort to strangulation, why stomping.

The link to Milat is possible, but it wasnt his style and would have been ruled out fairly quickly.

All MOO

Hmmm. Yes. I think there's merit in the line of thought of being too much of a coincidence, and then as you say, why not take a weapon - why stomping. I'm not sure either way I have to be honest. I was thinking along the lines that something triggered him. I'm wondering if there was something untoward and inappropriate going on between Holdom and Khandalce that Karlie discovered. Just yet another line of thought.

Yes, it is interesting. And it makes one wonder why. Did Holdom and Karlie go on a trip to enjoy a "romantic" weekend together, for example? (14 December 2008 I believe was a Sunday.)

BBM

Karlie and Khandalyce were reportedly last seen at ACT home of accused murderer’s fiancée.
[video=youtube;yv8mh_KJoIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv8mh_KJoIA[/video]

According this report Karlie and Khandalyce were last seen in Nov 2008 at this home in Charnwood ..... the 16 year old ex once resided there evidently. ?????
The woman who claims to be her grandmother had met DH just once ... he seemed like a normal bloke she said.
She asked that THEY be just left alone, just leave THEM alone. She had not seen her granddaughter for sometime.

"If you operate once of these businesses please check your records from 1 December 2008," Supt Bray said.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VnTmDRV96Uk

I wonder just what records may have been obtained 1 Dec through 20th Dec 2008 in regard accommodation.

To work this through, I feel like we have to "know" Karlie... in all of this, I don't feel confident that I know her much at all :( Had she got into drugs/the druggie lifes-style herself, and especially beyond just "weed" and into (maybe) "shard" which would make for a whole new kettle of fish :( I know there is disagreement on this in some commentary, but the photo of her at Marion is to me very much unlike her healthier ones from former times. I find it so hard to think of what she might have done or been inclined to do if her life was increasingly tied up with his lifestyle, if perhaps she already felt trapped and over-compromised...this just doesn't seem like the 20 yr old potential feisty firecracker who left AS with her 2 yo to travel, work, see Australia... :(

Agreed, but from reports the one constant in her itinerant lifestyle was Karlie. We haven't been told of Khandalyce being left alone with anyone else, infact, the long hauls over the preceeding months tells me Karlie didnt go too far without Khandalyce.

Would she just up and leave her with someone she's just met or would she take her along as usual.

If it were only for a few hours to go to Belangelo, its possible, but how did that conversation go..'hey can I leave Khandalyce with you while we go to Belangelo for the night' and how did he explain to whoever had Khadalyce, Karlie not returning.
In there is the dilemma, to believe this, she would had to have willingly left her child, to visit a forest notorious with serial killing and doesnt return to pick her up and no one bats an eyelid.

Hmmm. Yes. I think there's merit in the line of thought of being too much of a coincidence, and then as you say, why not take a weapon - why stomping. I'm not sure either way I have to be honest. I was thinking along the lines that something triggered him. I'm wondering if there was something untoward and inappropriate going on between Holdom and Khandalce that Karlie discovered. Just yet another line of thought.

Certainly possible, not sure how it would fit with Karlie willingly leaving Khandalyce with someone in Canberra and going with him to Belangelo.
Definately not something i would do if i discovered that kind of scenario.

See i dont feel the ralationship had anything sinister behind it. I think they were aqaintences who bonded in the months following the MVA. I think Karlie may have been acting with good intentions initially to help HP and DH, i believe the extended periods together on the road brought DH and K closer together.
I think the trips back and forth between SA and AS were to help prepare HP for life after the accident.
I think he took her to Canberra to hide the affair as he felt guilty for what had happened.

What happened next is anyones guess, did he kill her so he could return to HP and help her recover or did something make his new plans go horribly wrong so he fled back to his safe place with HP.

I think the fraud was borne from necessity to maintain proof of life, i believe this was effective until Khandalyce reached preschool age and questions were asked.
I believe the 'drilling' company was set up to give the impression that Karlie and Khandalyce were off somewhere in the bush making a living and i believe the remoteness allowed for Khadalyce to be supposedly home schooled to avoid detection.

All MOO

The 4 homes which were searched by police were in the focus of police very early on in the investigation, not just DJH/M.
Maybe there were connections from Karlie to DJH/M's sister (and to the other families) already and maybe, Colleen did know that and had concerns to let Karlie travel with the little granddaughter. I can imagine, Colleen had learned of DJH/M's "affection" long time ago and maybe she had knowledge of drug use in these circels.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/15/daniel-james-holdom-charged-murder-khandalyce

The mother and daughter moved away from their family in Alice Springs between 2006 and 2008, with Pearce-Stevenson intending to travel and work. She cut off contact with her family for reasons the police do not want to disclose.

Sorry, I'm not always able to answer to posts. My buttons often are untraceable. This above should have been an Reply but it doesn't work.

BBM

All MOO

BBM

If by "return to his previous life" you mean go back to HP, I know many are assuming that he did that, but I have just been wondering, do we know for sure?

All I can remember to indicate that he went back to HP was an over-the-fence interview with a couple of neighbours on one of the less reliable commercial TV stations.
From memory, the news crew was staking out a former residence of HP and spoke to neighbours.
A couple (I think) said they remembered a man who was polite.

There may be more that I don't recall, but if that is all we have to go on, how reliable are reports from neighbours?
Do we know for sure they are talking about DH?

I wonder because I find it hard to believe that HP would want to continue a relationship with him after the crash.

Anyone have anything more concrete to indicate that DH and HP continued living together into 2009?

Very possible Jane. Im basing my thoughts around what we know, unless i've missed something, and that is quite likely considering the pace at which this has all unravelled, i have not seen a previous link between DH's sister and Karlie.

I understand JH.
I doubt you have missed anything.
Sadly, we know so little though really.
We seem to endlessly speculate the "what ifs" :)

BTW I'd love to heard your other theories.

BBM

Karlie and Khandalyce were reportedly last seen at ACT home of accused murderer’s fiancée.

According this report Karlie and Khandalyce were last seen in Nov 2008 at this home in Charnwood ..... the 16 year old ex once resided there evidently. ?????
The woman who claims to be her grandmother had met DH just once ... he seemed like a normal bloke she said.
She asked that THEY be just left alone, just leave THEM alone. She had not seen her granddaughter for sometime.

"If you operate once of these businesses please check your records from 1 December 2008," Supt Bray said.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VnTmDRV96Uk

I wonder just what records may have been obtained 1 Dec through 20th Dec 2008 in regard accommodation.

Yes, it is a really weird tie-in to TB, her grandmother and her childhood home, isn't it?
How old was TB in 2008?

EDIT: TB was 16 in 2012
therefore only 12 in 2008

Thanks for posting that video sos, I was looking for that sometime ago but thought I had seen it on the ABC (I only half watched it then)..... I kind of thought DH might have known this family back then, but didn't realize that Karlie and Khandalyse had come in contact with them. This has me thinking of a whole new probable motive for Karlie's murder. Perhaps, just perhaps DH had designs on his future little fiance way back then, and Karlie has caught him out!
BBM

Not necessarily directed at you Jane :)

I know this has been asked a few times but I haven't seen ANY evidence that this is true, unless I missed it.

Can someone give a link or proof that DH's sister lives in Charnwood?

There is so much talk about the sister that lives there - is there proof or has someone mentioned it down the line and everyone has run with it?

AFAIK none of his sisters live in the ACT let alone Charnwood. He does have a cousin there though.

TIA

BBM

If by "return to his previous life" you mean go back to HP, I know many are assuming that he did that, but I have just been wondering, do we know for sure?

All I can remember to indicate that he went back to HP was an over-the-fence interview with a couple of neighbours on one of the less reliable commercial TV stations.
From memory, the news crew was staking out a former residence of HP and spoke to neighbours.
A couple (I think) said they remembered a man who was polite.

There may be more that I don't recall, but if that is all we have to go on, how reliable are reports from neighbours?
Do we know for sure they are talking about DH?

I wonder because I find it hard to believe that HP would want to continue a relationship with him after the crash.

Anyone have anything more concrete to indicate that DH and HP continued living together into 2009?

NUP SA ... wasn't it DM that was in the crash???
I am still trying to work out who he was and when ... :notgood:

Not necessarily directed at you Jane :)

I know this has been asked a few times but I haven't seen ANY evidence that this is true, unless I missed it.

Can someone give a link or proof that DH's sister lives in Charnwood?

There is so much talk about the sister that lives there - is there proof or has someone mentioned it down the line and everyone has run with it?

AFAIK none of his sisters live in the ACT let alone Charnwood. He does have a cousin there though.

TIA

I have searched and have not found a thing sleepinoz.

This case is so frustrating, even more-so now that we don't know when the suitcase was dumped.
In the past I was absolutely certain the police had said Khandalyce's body decomposed outside the suitcase and was placed into it later and then dumped in early 2015.
Now I am not sure what they are saying or what to believe.
But, whenever the suitcase was dumped and whenever Khandalyce's body was put inside it, two questions remain to jangle about in my brain:
1. why leave body and identifiable items together?
2. why leave it there?

The assumption is that he wanted a great distance between his 2 victims so that they wouldn't be linked easily. That shows some sort of logic above the level of cretin.
So, if he has a plan to put distance between the crimes, why dump the case on the roadside so close to a town and why with her clothes?
He knows the area and therefore knows he is only minutes away from the Murray. Drop the case off a bridge there and it will sink without a trace.
Again, I can't reconcile the stupid with the clever.

I am sure I read the same thing, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member