AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see stomping as such an 'intimate' method of killing someone, far more up close than simply shooting them, but as close as stabbing. When I think of the stomping I see it done in a heat of passion or anger or frustration - you stomp and stomp until you can't stomp anymore. I can't see a person being cold and calculating when stomping someone like you would with shooting. I agree, something must have triggered him.

AFAIK I haven't read anywhere that he possessed firearms (legal or not) or had a licence, so I am holding back on thinking killing Karlie was premeditated at least up to the last hours of her life (but I think killing Khandalyce was and only because he believed he had no option). I think that Holdom did have some involvement with child exploitation (in whatever form,) and I base that on gut instinct from what I read on T-LB's FB page. I am also of the belief that drugs played a bit role in this whole story and that he was high on something when he killed one or both of the poor souls and I hope to God that he doesn't use that to excuse his actions.

If he felt he had no other option but to kill Khandalyce, why murder her in such a violent way as police have stated? Khandalyce's murder, because its been stated by police as being a very violent murder, reeks rage & anger by the perp to me.... if he just wanted her out of the way, there would be no need for such extreme violence...in my opinion.

I have to admit, I agree with you, Maggie, and agree that it is tragic.
My only point of disagreement is to wonder who potentially lead who into this lifestyle.
It may have been DH as a bad influence, but it does seem Karlie was doing the long road trips since 2006 and DH appears to have been in stable employment in AS from 2006-08 as a car detailer.
Whatever the scenario is, there are many more players than the ones we currently know about.

May 2007 DH and HP were living near a caravan park in Taree.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e/news-story/ee6a8560b5b4391e93dcbb0ae13babaf

I see stomping as such an 'intimate' method of killing someone, far more up close than simply shooting them, but as close as stabbing. When I think of the stomping I see it done in a heat of passion or anger or frustration - you stomp and stomp until you can't stomp anymore. I can't see a person being cold and calculating when stomping someone like you would with shooting. I agree, something must have triggered him.

AFAIK I haven't read anywhere that he possessed firearms (legal or not) or had a licence, so I am holding back on thinking killing Karlie was premeditated at least up to the last hours of her life (but I think killing Khandalyce was and only because he believed he had no option). I think that Holdom did have some involvement with child exploitation (in whatever form,) and I base that on gut instinct from what I read on T-LB's FB page. I am also of the belief that drugs played a bit role in this whole story and that he was high on something when he killed one or both of the poor souls and I hope to God that he doesn't use that to excuse his actions.

Stomping (if that's what happened) makes me think of an out of control delinquent teenager who's kicking things around, putting holes in walls, etc, (or an abusive control freak partner) because he didn't get his own way. Yet another thought - maybe Karlie rejected him? Either that, or something to do with Khandalyce and Karlie threatening to expose him. Yes, I'm leaning towards something definitely triggered his behaviour, what it was no doubt we won't find out until it all comes out when he's eventually had his day (or week/s in court.) Hell, maybe she just looked at him funny and he was iced to the eyeballs and just let loose. Who knows.

Yes, I'm having problems with premeditated too, although, as previously discussed, it is quite a coincidence that Karlie and Khandalyce were separated at the time of Karlie's death. Apart from if it was premeditated, surely he would have done a better job of properly getting rid of the body.

Something's still not gelling. I'll have to give it some more thought.

Was there a reference to Holdom living at Goulburn at some stage, or am I inventing something I thought I read? Any idea?

Holdom, who was on Centrelink benefits, had moved to the Central Coast a few days earlier and driven up to the area from Goulburn.
In Holdom's wallet, police found a key card in the name of "K Pearce-Stevenson", his ex-girlfriend.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well, this was yet another line of thought. I meant what if Karlie was killed in Canberra because she found out something untoward or inappropriate was going on and threatened to expose Holdom, and Holdom then deposited her body in Belanglo. I don't necessary agree with my own view, just tossing things around. I think it unlikely actually that he would drive with a body in a vehicle to leave it at Belanglo, just for the sake of trying to fool the police, especially given there would be an abundance of other places closer he could get rid of a body. It was just something that occurred to me though.

Sadly, I think this is a very real possibility Panda. Another motive I thought as possible as to why the murders were so violent is deception. If DH felt that Karlie had deceived him in some way (not saying Karlie had, but perhaps DH's over-reactive perception) then perhaps this was enough of a catalyst?

Sadly, I think this is a very real possibility Panda. Another motive I thought as possible as to why the murders were so violent is deception. If DH felt that Karlie had deceived him in some way (not saying Karlie had, but perhaps DH's perception) then perhaps this was enough of a catalyst?

Thanks Symbah - I hadn't thought of deception - yes, that could well be a trigger.

She may have met up with him there, but she would have known him before that.... DH and HP were living in Alice Springs, HP's children were going to school there. The pictures HP had of Khandalyce at the car show in Alice were prior to the accident.
Police believe during her travels, Ms Pearce-Stevenson met up with Holdom, who was living in Hillbank in South Australia in 2008/2009.
Hillbank was one of the suburbs police targeted last week in a series of raids as part of the double murder investigation.
Holdom also has links to the ACT.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/dani...tity-fraud-20151029-gklz45.html#ixzz3ukmXcV4Y

If we are not allowed to explore this Mod pls snip but I am sure at some stage we knew/found out that TB lived with her parents and younger brother? I took the "they/them" to refer to her family? She has already moved on as she would now be 19 or 20 and probably didn't want to hang around to be spotlighted by paparazzi anyway.

TB is not a suspect the police have said. I wonder who they and them the grandmother is referring ?

If we are not allowed to explore this Mod pls snip but I am sure at some stage we knew/found out that TB lived with her parents and younger brother? I took the "they/them" to refer to her family? She has already moved on as she would now be 19 or 20 and probably didn't want to hang around to be spotlighted by paparazzi anyway.

In 2015 she has a new partner and a baby - "they"/"them"?

Police believe during her travels, Ms Pearce-Stevenson met up with Holdom, who was living in Hillbank in South Australia in 2008/2009.
Hillbank was one of the suburbs police targeted last week in a series of raids as part of the double murder investigation.
Holdom also has links to the ACT.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/dani...tity-fraud-20151029-gklz45.html#ixzz3ukmXcV4Y

Hmm, 08/9, do we know where they were living at the time of the MVA, is it a case of they had already relocated to Adelaide and were visiting AS, or did he get a place down here to be closer to HP post accident.
It makes sense, the idea portrayed is that Karlie clocked up the k's in those months as a result of DH's influence, but i believe when she was sighted in Cooper Pedy he wasnt with her.
Perhaps she was assisting HP with the transition to Adelaide and is how she came to be with DH at Hillbank.

Something else that popped out at me was the ATM activity at Kent Town, Disability Living have an office a few streets away (Stepney St). I believe this type of organisation assists people with a disability to become independant.
Someone would have to be arranging where HP would go post rehab.

Just a thought.

I dunno JackHigh - I have an awful feeling we're going to find out he was never a really stand-up guy... In spite of the fact that at least one friend is referred to as saying the MVA hit him hard (as well it may driving high with a partner and children and with the tragic results) and his own file having a pencil-written note saying he had "gone to ground" since the MVA) I have a bad feeling about his "trajectory"...just IMO of course.

Why would we assume anything to the contrary.
DH/M and HP were in a relationship for a while up until the MVA, despite the circumstances surrounding the accident, nothing appears malicious. It could happen to any couple.
Why would she want rid of him, she is at her most vulnerable, familiarity is what she needed, not further upheaval.
As much as a low life this bloke is accused of being, i dont think you could do that to someone and just walk away, until this tragic event, he appears to have been like thousands of other Aussie men, trying to make a buck here and there by whatever means.
The fact that the card made its way straight back to the same place someone with her injuries would undergo rehab is a fair indicator of his mindset.
Atleast thats how it comes across to me.

I so agree symbah - the violent murder of such a wee mite speaks of great rage - not that I care to think about the horrific prospect at all but there are far, far "gentler" ways to snuff out the life of a mere baby who had become a nuisance to him... :'(

If he felt he had no other option but to kill Khandalyce, why murder her in such a violent way as police have stated? Khandalyce's murder, because its been stated by police as being a very violent murder, reeks rage & anger by the perp to me.... if he just wanted her out of the way, there would be no need for such extreme violence...in my opinion.

I would say there are a few houses in Charnwood and surrounds that DH would frequent. Probably met TB through her dad. Similar habits etc. I grew up in that suburb and blood is thicker than the crime.

Missed a few pages and am totally lost ! Who is TB and what was the relation to another high profile crime family that someone said was in her fb friends list????

I dunno JackHigh - I have an awful feeling we're going to find out he was never a really stand-up guy... In spite of the fact that at least one friend is referred to as saying the MVA hit him hard (as well it may driving high with a partner and children and with the tragic results) and his own file having a pencil-written note saying he had "gone to ground" since the MVA) I have a bad feeling about his "trajectory"...just IMO of course.

Oh definately, i doubt he was a candidate for sainthood, but if you look at how things ramped up from down on luck with dubious movements to being accused of multiple murders, the catalyst appears to be the MVA. Lets be fair, and im not trying to make excuses for the man, and i use that term loosely, finding yourself on the side of a dark and relatively isolated road with what he had to witness would crack the hardest shell.
That type of trauma cant be measured.
Doesnt make it an excuse to commit the heinous crimes he is accused of either.

If they were still living in AS at the time it would be very hard to face the locals with that over your head, and everyone would know.
I had a friend kill his best mate in a MVA, the rural community made it unbearable for him to live a normal outgoing existence, he also went to ground so to speak, moved to the big smoke.
Would explain the reference to meeting up with Karlie in Hillbank in late 08, he had fled the local area.

All MOO

Missed a few pages and am totally lost ! Who is TB and what was the relation to another high profile crime family that someone said was in her fb friends list????
Maybe I didn't even read that ?? The 43 plus temperature might have my mind playing tricks on me !!!!been evacuated twice today because of fires but back home now and online again !!

Why would we assume anything to the contrary.
DH/M and HP were in a relationship for a while up until the MVA, despite the circumstances surrounding the accident, nothing appears malicious. It could happen to any couple.
Why would she want rid of him, she is at her most vulnerable, familiarity is what she needed, not further upheaval.
As much as a low life this bloke is accused of being, i dont think you could do that to someone and just walk away, until this tragic event, he appears to have been like thousands of other Aussie men, trying to make a buck here and there by whatever means.
The fact that the card made its way straight back to the same place someone with her injuries would undergo rehab is a fair indicator of his mindset.
Atleast thats how it comes across to me.

BBM

I don't know that he appeared to be the average Aussie Bloke ... not by my standards anyway, certainly not going by the men I know ... what with his shonky ABNS dating way back before the MVA & the name changes, whats that about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member