AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't seem to decide before or after! I think this source of MSM has it right when they say it was bought before Karlie was killed rather than after, somehow.

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=htt...ht-with-funds-from-mothers-bank-account-22994

Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed.

The bank account had transactions from a Strandbags store – the only stockist of the style of suitcase that Khandalyce’s body was discovered in.

Hundreds of withdrawals and purchases were made between 2008 and 2012, however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008, The Australian reports.

???

I am not sure what I would do if I was innocent and being accused, (as HP is) I suppose you would need to be in her situation really to know.
If she is involved in any way with the fraud, surely police would have arrested her already, however, that is nothing compared to murder, if she knew, she would be charged as an accessory.

On the matter of the trip to the bank to impersonate Karlie, I find the idea that HP did that while knowing Karlie was dead especially hard to swallow.
It seems to me that if you know that your friend has killed someone, the main thing you want to do is distance yourself from the crime.
After years have passed and you haven't been caught, why take the risk of going to a bank, especially if your physical appearance makes you so uniquely recognisable.
It's not like the financial gain was so significant as to make the risk worthwhile.

I can't be certain but I think you have it right. She met with lawyer first then voluntarily went to the police.
http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=htt...f-karlie-jade-pearce-stevenson-and-khandalyce

Homes in South Australia and Canberra have been searched in the investigation in to the murders of Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and her young daughter, with police confirming a suspect has been identified.
-.-.-.-
Detective Superintendent Mick Willing from the NSW Police homicide squad confirmed houses in the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia have been searched this week as part of the investigation into the murders.

“We are currently pursuing a very strong line of inquiry, but we are keeping an open mind. We’ve looked at and are now speaking to people who we suspect have actual knowledge of what occurred to this young woman and her little girl,” Willing said.

“We still believe that friends and associates, people Karlie may have met or been in contact with while travelling between 2006 and 2010 hold the key to their deaths.”

Jane, I think Hazel Passmore is one of these home owners where police did a search with "productive" results and I assume, she did not appear quite "voluntarily" at the police station?
I can't think differently than Hazel must have known a lot about the fate of Karlie and Khandalyce. If DJH/M had lied to her, then she should have asked him for inconsistencies/contradictions. HP doesn't look stupid, rather a little bit impertinent, resolute and maybe cunning. We also have heard witnesses who said, she was the dominant person in her partnership with DJH/M (and it looks as if she also in her new partnership maybe the more dominant part). In any case she doesn't look like a silly girl, who can be told every fairy tale (maybe she is fit in telling some of them herself).

Re Jayden Leskie case similarities.
With DH refusing to talk, which tells us a bit about his ablity to stonewall, I am also kind of concerned that the case against him will be enough to convict.
If he clams up and refuses to speak or answer any allegation, it will be only via direct evidence (phone pings, card being found in his possession etc) and third party testimony as to what they have seen or been told by him.
A clever lawyer, will toss in a bit of reasonable doubt - he made the calls as he was driving PAST the forest, but uh uh no your honour, he did NOT go into the forest.
And mmmm, card in his possession. Well he didn't know she was dead did he? He was just waiting to give it back to her and forgot about it. As to being seen with Khandalyce and Karlie, well he knew them, didn't he, but he did not kill them...
seen with Khandalyce? Your honour, that must have been a mistake and he was seen with her before Karlie was missing....

I hope they have an avalanche of evidence and they just crush him
with it, put him away for ever.

All these objections you list are also quite possibly true, 1968; unlikely as that sounds.
Eg "Why did you keep the birth certificate" - same answer "I was intending to return it as I had no idea she was dead".
I also hope they have sufficient evidence to prove their case.

She would had to of known.The the pics were all over the media for years. The Angel t shirt through to Marion Mall.

Maybe she never saw the angel t-shirt.
I live in SA and I didn't see it at the time the remains were discovered.
Perhaps it wasn't in the news much here, but even if it was, I would not have paid much attention to a crime in another state.
As to whether she saw the Marion photos, who knows? But if she did it would only have been on the FB page and perhaps, like the rest of her family and friends, she thought Karlie didn't want contact.

Homes in South Australia and Canberra have been searched in the investigation in to the murders of Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and her young daughter, with police confirming a suspect has been identified.
-.-.-.-
Detective Superintendent Mick Willing from the NSW Police homicide squad confirmed houses in the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia have been searched this week as part of the investigation into the murders.

“We are currently pursuing a very strong line of inquiry, but we are keeping an open mind. We’ve looked at and are now speaking to people who we suspect have actual knowledge of what occurred to this young woman and her little girl,” Willing said.

“We still believe that friends and associates, people Karlie may have met or been in contact with while travelling between 2006 and 2010 hold the key to their deaths.”

Jane, I think Hazel Passmore is one of these home owners where police did a search with "productive" results and I assume, she did not appear quite "voluntarily" at the police station?

Yes, possibly. I do wish we knew for sure.

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=htt...ht-with-funds-from-mothers-bank-account-22994

Detectives have revealed that the suitcase that murdered toddler Khandalyce Pearce's body was found in was bought with funds from her mother’s bank account, after she was killed.

The bank account had transactions from a Strandbags store – the only stockist of the style of suitcase that Khandalyce’s body was discovered in.

Hundreds of withdrawals and purchases were made between 2008 and 2012, however the one from the Mount Gambier luggage store was made just weeks before Karlie Pearce-Stevenson was allegedly killed in December 2008, The Australian reports.

???

Sheesh! Now that's just pathetic journalism. Really, no effort to make sense at all.

On the matter of the trip to the bank to impersonate Karlie, I find the idea that HP did that while knowing Karlie was dead especially hard to swallow.
It seems to me that if you know that your friend has killed someone, the main thing you want to do is distance yourself from the crime.
After years have passed and you haven't been caught, why take the risk of going to a bank, especially if your physical appearance makes you so uniquely recognisable.
It's not like the financial gain was so significant as to make the risk worthwhile.

One should think so, Jane!

Maybe she never saw the angel t-shirt.
I live in SA and I didn't see it at the time the remains were discovered.
Perhaps it wasn't in the news much here, but even if it was, I would not have paid much attention to a crime in another state.
As to whether she saw the Marion photos, who knows? But if she did it would only have been on the FB page and perhaps, like the rest of her family and friends, she thought Karlie didn't want contact.

What about the person that spoke to Karlie's family asking for money? That must have been a female. If not HP I wonder who else it could be?

I am not sure what I would do if I was innocent and being accused, (as HP is) I suppose you would need to be in her situation really to know.
If she is involved in any way with the fraud, surely police would have arrested her already, however, that is nothing compared to murder, if she knew, she would be charged as an accessory.

I for myself get upset only about the evil violent murder of Karlie and Khandalyce (and possibly more facts re Khandalyce which we don't know yet). The fraud maybe of course criminal also, but with the enlightenment there is no hurry, I think.

It must have been worth it to them though, as she seems to have stayed involved well after the fact. I think there is a danger in thinking that criminal types think like you if you're a decent person with morals, as they simply do not.

What about the person that spoke to Karlie's family asking for money? That must have been a female. If not HP I wonder who else it could be?

It is a mystery woman. Holdom has myriad women, at his dispersal , some in wheelchairs ,some not , ready to obey his whim and will and call desperate mothers, or get wheeled off to banks, or trundle up to Centrelink, all in possession of Karlie's ID papers, and all, believe it or not , as you wish, willing to defraud the Commonwealth of Australia, with all the penalties that attracts, and not only that, then maintain a strict silence about it, even now.

Yes.. this gang of Holdomites, are even as I type, laughing at the dreadful position the good Hazel is in... its a very clever plot, isn't it...

It must have been worth it to them though, as she seems to have stayed involved well after the fact. I think there is a danger in thinking that criminal types think like you if you're a decent person with morals, as they simply do not.

oh dear, Mrs Norris.. a criminal type would try and persuade you that a cool , calm pleasant woman wouldn't do these things in a million years.. .

You don't a share in almost $100k was enough to negate the risk for some? Imo to some the risk would be more than worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse