AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what I was getting at. others are involved and more charges to come. others with him when dumping etc.

Plongi, I don't see anything strange in his answers, When he says 'at this stage', it may well be that there could be charges to be laid against another for 'knowledge' after the events. The rather quiet 'yes' speaks to me of being definite that DJH was the only one to dump the suitcase. MOO

Are we sure that Karlie was murdered in Belanglo or in the Canberra area then the body was taken to Belanglo? I thought I read or heard something that suggested the latter.

Either way NSW has ended up with both the cases. Hope there isn't some sort of
task force 'pissing contest' going on?

He had to kill Khandalyce as the child without the mother would raise immediate questions and it would all come undone. No other option in his mind. MOO

I agree that a motive for DH was to keep the lid on the murder of Karlie ... but why murder Khandalyce in such a violent way if this is the case only?

The violent aspect of Khandalyce's murder denotes, to me, extreme rage & anger ... which is exactly what police have described Karlie's murder as.

I have thought about this too today Panda. I think the sister may have been told some story about DJH meeting/picking up Karlie while she finished packing to go to SA, whilst he took Khandalyce with him to give Karlie space, dropping off excess suitcases to sisters at same time. Karlie was already dead then, and it is a good bet that Khandalyce was in the vehicle in Belanglo when Karlie was killed. He was seen alone with Khandalyce in the few days between the two murders. So I think he just 'cleaned up' and went on his way after dropping off suitcases at sister's house. He has been a loner in his horrific deeds and very cunning, and then shortly after leaving ACT, he killed Khandalyce. I doubt that she was babysat at the time of Karlie's death - he then would have to explain to the sitter as to Karlie's whereabouts. Much better to work alone. MOO

Yep, that makes sense, very good sense. I agree there's a good chance Khandalyce would have been in the vehicle in Belanglo when Karlie was killed. As you say, he would have to explain to the sitter, and I would have thought if that was the case, there would be either another arrest for accessory, or at the very least, interviews, which I doubt would have gone undetected by the media.

ABSOLUTELY agree plongi! I think this is the crux of what is under discussion here - there is just something that doesn't quite gel and it just can't be that simple slam-dunk "he dumped the suitcase on his way through Wynarka on the way back to Adelaide...) - wonder if that is another baited hook cast out to bring in more admissions from people in the know? Whatever it is, it has the feeling of something very significant and unsettling :(
https://www.police.sa.gov.au/police-news/police-live

this link has the Bray briefing to the media re the Arrest for Khandalyce . Right at the end when the questions come is interesting.Question : You have evidence and understanding of how the body ended up in SA .. We believe we have a good understanding of what has happened and that will all come out in due course. Question : do you believe he has had help .. and his answer is ... at this stage he is the only one who has been arrested. Question : "do you believe he dumped her on the side of the Highway .. his answer is a very quiet yes and holds his composure. Not sure but something is missing from him there.
His response on the last question is a bit strange..

She probably had not been fed or had a nappy change and would have been crying endlessly for her mother, and with him most likely drugged of his face.... that would do it.
I agree that a motive for DH was to keep the lid on the murder of Karlie ... but why murder Khandalyce in such a violent way if this is the case only?

The violent aspect of Khandalyce's murder denotes, to me, extreme rage & anger ... which is exactly what police have described Karlie's murder as.

My thoughts too, symbah. :(

All over the newspapers there is still the pic of DJH/M with the 3 HP-children. He is seen very close to them (yes, with an aftertaste) - and then we now know, he murdered another child, little sweet Khandalyce, just so in a very violently way. Doubly incomprehensible and terrible.

Yes FG, he's seen very close to Hazel's children in the picture thats been plastered all over MSM ... & in the photo he has the eyes of a snake.

Stark and brutal but sadly so plausible :'(

He had to kill Khandalyce as the child without the mother would raise immediate questions and it would all come undone. No other option in his mind. MOO

Cotter Park is the nearest caravan park or camping ground to Wallaroo NSW and it is on the outskirts of Canberra.

On the outskirts of Canberra, this is a very popular campground with hot showers, alongside the Cotter River.

The campground is very large, with separated areas for different types of camping (caravans, tents etc)

http://www.findacamp.com.au/camp-site.php?pc=WALLAROO_NSW_2618&dis=25&camp=367

My current thoughts are that DH, Karlie and Khandalyce stayed in a place like this the whole time that they were in the Canberra area

*as it is cheap,
*they are alone,
*they had an argument over money and/or her car
*and/or KP threatened to tell HP that they had had an affair
*and/or KP found out some secrets about DH which she did not approve of,
*HP is calling DH to pressure him to be back in Adelaide for Christmas as she is coming out of rehab. hence the pings on his phone perhaps? Who else would be phoning him on 14/15 Dec and 19/20 Dec?
*DH could have threatened KP with some sort of weapon eg knife (if she did not tell him her pin nos, passwords, etc.)

So after she told him, he had no further use of KP so he either suffocated or strangled her as it had to be a quiet murder if they were in a caravan park.

Hopefully Khandalyce was asleep. So in the middle of the night, he takes KP's body to Belanglo National Park and dumps it there to confuse police. Khandalyce is either put in the car seat of Karlie's car (or he leaves her there asleep in the caravan?). He dumps the body and returns quickly. Next day, he withdraws money from her bank account with Khandalyce in tow who is not very happy as she does not know where her mother is and she gradually puts on more and more tantrums so he finds it difficult to manage her. He decides to ask his sister to mind two bags while he is away.

On the last night, he suffocates or strangles Khandalyce and puts her body in the suitcase then in the car boot. The manager (or others there) of the caravan park when DH is leaving notices that Karlie and Khandalyce are missing but does not think anything of it as DH tells him a story until the police ask him about DH years later (or he phones CrimeStoppers). DH drives to Wynarka on the back roads avoiding police and dumps the suitcase.

The reason I say this is I just cannot see how DH could get KP willingly to drive to Belanglo National Park unless she was forced to under threat and to have a live child there with them too. I guess he could have told her that it would be nice to have a picnic there!

However, we have only been told that Khandalyce died in Wallaroo due possibly to his mobile pinging there for about 24 hours. It also gets complicated if they were staying with friends and Karlie disappears leaving DH with Khandalyce. If they stayed with his sister, has she been privy to covering up or did he tell her some credible stories about Karlie's absence?

You are now free to pick holes in my theory.

Not picking holes Estelle but I think police are convinced Karlie was murdered in Belanglo, and also both murders were very violent and there has been mention of poor K's body having been "stomped on" (or the appearance of that )so sadly not likely to have been quiet :(

Cotter Park is the nearest caravan park or camping ground to Wallaroo NSW and it is on the outskirts of Canberra.

On the outskirts of Canberra, this is a very popular campground with hot showers, alongside the Cotter River.

The campground is very large, with separated areas for different types of camping (caravans, tents etc)

http://www.findacamp.com.au/camp-site.php?pc=WALLAROO_NSW_2618&dis=25&camp=367

My current thoughts are that DH, Karlie and Khandalyce stayed in a place like this the whole time that they were in the Canberra area

*as it is cheap,
*they are alone,
*they had an argument over money and/or her car
*and/or KP threatened to tell HP that they had had an affair
*and/or KP found out some secrets about DH which she did not approve of,
*HP is calling DH to pressure him to be back in Adelaide for Christmas as she is coming out of rehab. hence the pings on his phone perhaps? Who else would be phoning him on 14/15 Dec and 19/20 Dec?
*DH could have threatened KP with some sort of weapon eg knife (if she did not tell him her pin nos, passwords, etc.)

So after she told him, he had no further use of KP so he either suffocated or strangled her as it had to be a quiet murder if they were in a caravan park.

Hopefully Khandalyce was asleep. So in the middle of the night, he takes KP's body to Belanglo National Park and dumps it there to confuse police. Khandalyce is either put in the car seat of Karlie's car (or he leaves her there asleep in the caravan?). He dumps the body and returns quickly. Next day, he withdraws money from her bank account with Khandalyce in tow who is not very happy as she does not know where her mother is and she gradually puts on more and more tantrums so he finds it difficult to manage her. He decides to ask his sister to mind two bags while he is away.

On the last night, he suffocates or strangles Khandalyce and puts her body in the suitcase then in the car boot. The manager (or others there) of the caravan park when DH is leaving notices that Karlie and Khandalyce are missing but does not think anything of it as DH tells him a story until the police ask him about DH years later (or he phones CrimeStoppers). DH drives to Wynarka on the back roads avoiding police and dumps the suitcase.

The reason I say this is I just cannot see how DH could get KP willingly to drive to Belanglo National Park unless she was forced to under threat and to have a live child there with them too. I guess he could have told her that it would be nice to have a picnic there!

However, we have only been told that Khandalyce died in Wallaroo due possibly to his mobile pinging there for about 24 hours. It also gets complicated if they were staying with friends and Karlie disappears leaving DH with Khandalyce. If they stayed with his sister, has she been privy to covering up or did he tell her some credible stories about Karlie's absence?

You are now free to pick holes in my theory.

Khandles was at an age that she could communicate what was going down.
That was a liability .

Not picking holes Estelle but I think police are convinced Karlie was murdered in Belanglo, and also both murders were very violent and there has been mention of poor K's body having been "stomped on" (or the appearance of that )so sadly not likely to have been quiet :(

So if both murders were violent such as being stomped on, they must have occurred in an isolated area and he could have been drugged and drinking. So I can only say that he must have lured KP there to Belanglo for a bushwalk and an evening picnic! Is it correct that they must have been there in Karlie's car? Having read about Ivan Milat today, did he do a copycat Milat-style killing (without a gun)? We do not know if he had a gun. But I do not think so but we do not know for sure yet.

You are so right. If Khandalyce had witnessed anything, she could have blabbed!

The only problem I now have is why didn't he kill Khandalyce straight away then? How would it work that he was with both of them, killed Karlie, then risked traipsing around the countryside with a distressed 2 year old girl who could talk, and then killing her days afterwards? Doesn't make sense to me. If they were all together when he killed Karlie, why wouldn't he also kill Khandalyce at the same time, or just after Karlie?

IF you have never murdered someone before, and you are not a "Milat" and take sick pleasure in it, I imagine once it struck you what you have done, it would be a very sobering experience, and you may not be in the frame of mind to kill again, especially an innocent tiny babe like Khandalyce. She may well not have been with them/him either, and he would then have needed to work out what to do with her over those intervening days :(

The only problem I now have is why didn't he kill Khandalyce straight away then? How would it work that he was with both of them, killed Karlie, then risked traipsing around the countryside with a distressed 2 year old girl who could talk, and then killing her days afterwards? Doesn't make sense to me. If they were all together when he killed Karlie, why wouldn't he also kill Khandalyce at the same time, or just after Karlie?

Patience Panda, all will be revealed eventually.

IF you have never murdered someone before, and you are not a "Milat" and take sick pleasure in it, I imagine once it struck you what you have done, it would be a very sobering experience, and you may not be in the frame of mind to kill again, especially an innocent tiny babe like Khandalyce. She may well not have been with them/him either, and he would then have needed to work out what to do with her over those intervening days :(

Very true. I imagine all murderers are different in various respects. I just get the impression that he well and truly flipped when he killed Karlie and feel it would follow that he would immediately kill Khandalyce directly afterwards, whilst he was still in a "state" (if Khandalyce was there with them of course). But you're right, he may have been horrified by what he did to Karlie and subsequently did a u-turn until he could figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState