AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious that someone passing buy would be 'drawn' to an object that coincidentally turned out to be human remains. Very interesting.

I just find it an interesting term...if I was driving along and saw something by the side of the road that made me stop and look...I wouldnt say I was 'drawn' to it....I would say something made me go back and look. 'Drawn' is more an expression I think people use in a spiritual sense isnt it??

7 News Adelaide ‏@7NewsAdelaide 14s15 seconds ago

Police believe that the child died elsewhere,and was placed into the suitcase and bought to the Hwy location.#Wynarka

7 News Adelaide ‏@7NewsAdelaide 8m8 minutes ago

Police now know the child found in Wynarka yesterday is aged between 2-7yrs. Gender and identity still unknown #7News pic.twitter.com/SKLeq1FlJA

Police say the suitcase found near the child's bones at #Wynarka, was placed there 4-6 weeks ago. #7NewsAdl pic.twitter.com/41XkdQKdsC

Thanks Amee!

So are they saying the child has been deceased for 4-6 weeks or that's how long they were in that spot?

Unusual turn of phrase: They were discovered by a motorist who then contacted police after being “drawn to something on the side of the road”.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Yes Wexford
I have been thinking what could it have been on the side of the road that would draw enough attention for a motorist to stop their car get out then head into the bushes so as to discover skeletal remains hidden under one of those bushes.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/07/15/18/36/child-s-remains-found-east-of-adelaide

i often see big black garbage bags strewn among the bushes and grass verges when driving along the busy motorways, and wonder whats in them, who knows what any of us might find if we stopped and had a look!
i imagine it would be very easy to throw a bag or suitcase from a car late at night on a lonely road, only council workers, if they mowed the grass would ever be likely to investigate

7 News Adelaide ‏@7NewsAdelaide 2m2 minutes ago

Homicide detectives and SES are conducting a coordinated grid-search of the area,with help of a police drone.#Wynarka

https://twitter.com/7newsadelaide

Thanks Amee!

So are they saying the child has been deceased for 4-6 weeks or that's how long they were in that spot?

It seems like they are referring to the suitcase.

More pics of the scene here:

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Some chilling quotes:

A preliminary review of national missing persons lists has found no details of missing children of a similar age in SA, raising the possibility he or she may be from interstate.

“Certainly, we have got a young child who has clearly been murdered and dumped on the side of the road,” he said (Detective Superintendent Des Bray.)

i often see big black garbage bags strewn among the bushes and grass verges when driving along the busy motorways, and wonder whats in them, who knows what any of us might find if we stopped and had a look!
i imagine it would be very easy to throw a bag or suitcase from a car late at night on a lonely road, only council workers, if they mowed the grass would ever be likely to investigate

Here too! It's a scary thought!

Hi all, very long time reader (originally came for the William T thread) but my first post on a thread. I live in Adelaide, and have travelled the Karoonda Highway many times on the way to and from north-western Victoria to visit family. It's very much the alternative for all my family members to drive, being a lot quieter than the main Sturt Highway route.

The actual road surface and verge has recently been upgraded and even (I think) widened. Maybe that is how the time-frame of 4-6 weeks was determined?? I thought at first maybe the roadworks might have disturbed the suitcase and contents, but then surely someone on the road crew would have noticed.

My other quick thought was maybe the poor guys who found the remains stopped for a loo break and then noticed the case. Not unusual along that road and the bush is a bit thicker there.

Yes Wexford
I have been thinking what could it have been on the side of the road that would draw enough attention for a motorist to stop their car get out then head into the bushes so as to discover skeletal remains hidden under one of those bushes.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/07/15/18/36/child-s-remains-found-east-of-adelaide

I hope it wasn't a certain piece of bright clothing that got their attention :( I don't like where my mind keeps going but I just can't help but wonder.

UPDATE: Police say they now believe bones discovered near a country highway are those of a child aged between two and seven-years-old.

Speaking at the scene this morning Detective Superintendent Des Bray said the bones appeared to have been dumped on the roadside inside of a suitcase, however, the remains appear to have been removed during or before their discovery.

He said other items were found in the suitcase but would not reveal what they were.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/28813380/remains-of-murdered-child-found-near-south-australian-highway/

It seems like they are referring to the suitcase.

More pics of the scene here:

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...ka-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Some chilling quotes:

A preliminary review of national missing persons lists has found no details of missing children of a similar age in SA, raising the possibility he or she may be from interstate.

“Certainly, we have got a young child who has clearly been murdered and dumped on the side of the road,” he said (Detective Superintendent Des Bray.)

Thanks Angeline! It amazes me how they can know that.

Hi all, very long time reader (originally came for the William T thread) but my first post on a thread. I live in Adelaide, and have travelled the Karoonda Highway many times on the way to and from north-western Victoria to visit family. It's very much the alternative for all my family members to drive, being a lot quieter than the main Sturt Highway route.

The actual road surface and verge has recently been upgraded and even (I think) widened. Maybe that is how the time-frame of 4-6 weeks was determined?? I thought at first maybe the roadworks might have disturbed the suitcase and contents, but then surely someone on the road crew would have noticed.

My other quick thought was maybe the poor guys who found the remains stopped for a loo break and then noticed the case. Not unusual along that road and the bush is a bit thicker there.

Welcome DropBear :)

Thank you for your post! That is good to know about the recent roadwork.

What about checking with schools or preschools that have noticed a child hasn't attended for awhile ?

Mmm I wonder if whatever caught the motorist's attention was more compelling than just rubbish or clothing; most people probably wouldn't stop for that. Maybe they noticed the suitcase and thought it odd.

Mmm I wonder if whatever caught the motorist's attention was more compelling than just rubbish or clothing; most people probably wouldn't stop for that. Maybe they noticed the suitcase and thought it odd.
Bird or animal activity?
Perhaps motorist was a habitual scavenger? One person's junk is another's new clothes, and so on.

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 1m1 minute ago

Police door knocking in #Wynarka some local have reported seeing the suitcase over the last month or so.

Jessica Adamson ‏@JessAdamson7 11m11 minutes ago

Links to missing NSW boy William Tyrell one of "many" lines of inquiry in Major Crime bone discovery @7NewsAdelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez