AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only my own take on the vid. of the lady witness. I did a course on Forensic psychology (and must add I am not qualified for anything!). But it opened my eyes to witness statements and how unreliable they can be.
It appears imperative that witnesses must be interviewed separately and before they have time to speak to anyone else at the scene, since other peoples' views can influence their recollection.
IDK if in hindsight this/these witnesses who saw the suitcase man were influenced by the discovery of the suitcase contents.
It isn't their fault in any way, but memory can be elusive and guided by later events.
I'm not going into the "maybe this" and "maybe that", but imo their statements should be treated with the above in mind.
Hope I'm not saying anything upsetting here - I'm just voicing my thoughts FWIW.

Over time people can also develop "false memories", either because time has passed or because of influence by others. By which I mean, she may have heard what the others saw and she may think she remembers seeing something thay would have been impossible for her to see (such as the crossing of the railway line from a location that is not visible from).

False memories exist in everyone and are a very interesting phenomenon read about- most common are memories where you could swear someone was there with you when in reality they weren't (my boyfriend has sworn vehemently that I was at certain dinners with his family, when in reality I was interstate visiting my family or hadn't moved to his state yet!)

Does Australia do familial genetic testing? Better, more uninitiated question, what kind of crimes does Australia collect DNA for? If this fate befell our angel at the hands of a relative, I would almost be willing to bet he has domestic or drug priors. But again, this is from a US system perspective.

12 June 2013

'The majority of jurisdictions in Australia (including Victoria and New South Wales) have a system for taking DNA when people are convicted, or where their DNA is needed to investigate the crime for which they have been arrested,' Professor Gans says. 'And if that person is never charged, their DNA has to be removed from the database after a year.'

On the other hand, there are some jurisdictions in Australia which go further along the US path. The Northern Territory and Queensland both allow DNA to be taken automatically on arrest for sufficiently serious crimes. That DNA goes on the database and in the Northern Territory's case it stays there forever, even if the person is cleared of the charge they are arrested for. Western Australia has a narrower system which allows DNA to be taken once you are charged with an offence—arrest is not enough.

South Australia anyone who is even suspected of a crime punishable by imprisonment can have their DNA taken and never given back. The sample stays on the database forever, even if they were instantly cleared of the crime.

The SA legislation was a response to a very controversial court ruling—R v. Dean. Up until that point South Australia was more in line with east coast states

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lawreport/green-light-for-dna/4749602

http://netk.net.au/Australia/Dean.asp

DNA samples SA

A serious offence is an indictable offence or a summary offence that is punishable by imprisonment [s 3]. Although the language used suggests only serious offending, in reality this includes a wide spectrum of offences ranging from those most people would consider are serious, to minor public order offences and drink driving.

http://www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au/ch03s01s04s03.php

If the fabric pumpkin survived from the way it was folded, then surely it wouldn't have such neat edges. The entire pumpkin fabric remains, but all the surrounding fabric is completely gone. That makes me think there is something about the pumpkin fabric fibres that is not the same as the surrounding fabric.

The choice of using the pumpkin fabric seems so incongruent when compared with the other fabrics in the quilt. But, since there are about 19 other octagons that we can't see, I suppose that we can't make the conclusion that it's completely unique.

Is there any chance that we are looking at the backside of the pumpkin fabric? Most of the other fabrics are showing the backside. If we are looking at the backside, it might explain why the fabric design seems "flat" and blurry. Thoughts?

View attachment 80299

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/26/01/2AD7FB2300000578-0-image-a-61_1437868920264.jpg

Just in case this is the backside, could someone turn it around so we can see what it looks like if the pattern goes the other way? Maybe this is why it isn't getting picked up by image matching apps.

Something else that might be handy, would be to put a ruler along the width of the octagon, so that we can see how big the set of pumpkins is. My guess, based on the size given by police earlier, and mentioned by an earlier poster, is that it's 5.5" across, including the seam allowances.

I just had a thought as I was staring at the picture of the fabric. I remember a little while back there was made mention that this particular piece may have been added later than when the quilt was originally made. What if this particular piece was added as a reference to their "pet" (for want of a better word) name for her - Pumpkin?

I too have been looking for something similar as the image is very familiar. I have searched pot holders, oven mitts and appliance covers. Looking at this close up of the fabric it does remind me of a harder, sort of fleecy fabric used to make children's pyjamas. Why one would make pyjamas using that particular print is beyond me, maybe that was the only fabric they had to use.

Apologises if this post doesn't work, first time replying with quote.

Was there some statement or indication somewhere that she was wearing the tutu when she died? I'm curious where that theory came from?

im sure i read/ heard that early on when police were briefing journos, with the mannequin displayed in the tutu, that police stated this is what the little girl was wearing when she was found? i remember wondering at the time, was she happy in her tutu and dancing around or had she been posed in it before death?

im sure i read/ heard that early on when police were briefing journos, with the mannequin displayed in the tutu, that police stated this is what the little girl was wearing when she was found? i remember wondering at the time, was she happy in her tutu and dancing around or had she been posed in it before death?

No, it has never been stated that they know what she was wearing at the time of death..

The remains were bones only and some hairs.

The decomposition occurred elsewhere, not in the suitcase.

The tutu was the most unique item, the one they thought people might recognise, so they dressed a dummy in it.

Over time people can also develop "false memories", either because time has passed or because of influence by others. By which I mean, she may have heard what the others saw and she may think she remembers seeing something thay would have been impossible for her to see (such as the crossing of the railway line from a location that is not visible from).

False memories exist in everyone and are a very interesting phenomenon read about- most common are memories where you could swear someone was there with you when in reality they weren't (my boyfriend has sworn vehemently that I was at certain dinners with his family, when in reality I was interstate visiting my family or hadn't moved to his state yet!)

All this talk of false memories ....

I could have sworn I either read or heard initially way back at the start of the investigation: That two women were out walking when they recalled having seen a man carrying (as opposed to wheeling it) a dark coloured suitcase he had crossed the road and walked towards the rail line ...... then there was a bit that I am hazy on .... I think whatever was said they mentioned something a bout a dip or slope that the man went down before being seen crossing the rail line and making his way to the highway - as he turned the corner out of their sight.

So for some reason I had pictured him as having been seen walking along the main road but before actually reaching the corner, he had cut across the grassed area between the homes and the rail line (not crossing directly over the rail line from the road itself)..

But I can't find any links to an article mentioning it now ... false memory??

They have her hair so long as the hair wasn't sun bleached. With the body decomposing on the clothes, so much you can't even see the clothes in the luggage. I think they have enough. It's my opinion they have a foreign child and they are trying to place her by nationality. She doesn't yet match any of the missing children on database and they are searching for children not reported missing. There are about 256 children no one can verify is still living in Australia alone, and if that goes international ,no telling how many.

Susan, police have said that the body did not decompose on the clothes, but elsewhere, and the clothes and bones were later placed inside the suitcase.

heres the news item where it says she was found wearing the tutu, to be sure its not just a journos interpretation, ill try to find where superintendant bray actually says it

Superintendent Bray stood beside a fair-haired mannequin wearing a dark leotard and black tutu, similar to what the child was found wearing, as he told reporters that the young girl could have died up to eight years ago

It's funny that so many feel the pumpkin fabric is familiar but can't place it.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up, but I associate it somehow with those "cafe style" kitchen curtains.

If it was sold as a kitchen décor fabric, I wonder is it is treated with a fire retardant that has caused the excellent preservation.

I am reminded of a mail order catalog, or Homeart and Copperart in the 1990's.

All this talk of false memories ....

I could have sworn I either read or heard initially way back at the start of the investigation: That two women were out walking when they recalled having seen a man carrying (as opposed to wheeling it) a dark coloured suitcase he had crossed the road and walked towards the rail line ...... then there was a bit that I am hazy on .... I think whatever was said they mentioned something a bout a dip or slope that the man went down before being seen crossing the rail line and making his way to the highway - as he turned the corner out of their sight.

So for some reason I had pictured him as having been seen walking along the main road but before actually reaching the corner, he had cut across the grassed area between the homes and the rail line (not crossing directly over the rail line from the road itself)..

But I can't find any links to an article mentioning it now ... false memory??

Not sure of the exact wording, but that raises an interesting point.

If you were suitcase-man, walking east-west along Railway Tce heading to the highway, you'd cut off that corner, wouldn't you?

There is no fence, so why follow the road all the way to the corner and do a 90 degree turn?

atob.gif

heres the news item where it says she was found wearing the tutu, to be sure its not just a journos interpretation, ill try to find where superintendant bray actually says it

Superintendent Bray stood beside a fair-haired mannequin wearing a dark leotard and black tutu, similar to what the child was found wearing, as he told reporters that the young girl could have died up to eight years ago

The Daily Mail have that wrong.

It's funny that so many feel the pumpkin fabric is familiar but can't place it.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up, but I associate it somehow with those "cafe style" kitchen curtains.

If it was sold as a kitchen décor fabric, I wonder is it is treated with a fire retardant that has caused the excellent preservation.

I am thinking pot holder maybe, this picture is the closest I can find
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f7/24/c8/f724c89e60451d5bb45677cc0337e956.jpg

The journalist has either misunderstood or worse, wilfully misrepresented the facts the police gave.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...arka-child-believed-to-be-a-girl#.VdaToPmqpBc

I think the lady on the woman speaks of mysterious man is aware that some recent articles may have sounded like they were snobby, ie not speaking to blow ins.
And I think that's why she pointed out how friendly everyone thinks she is and that's why she gave a reason as to why she didn't speak to the man.

Interestingly, we have created our own "false memories" here.

The initial photos of the mannequin in the tutu and the suitcase that was not proportional have lead to people thinking:
A. that a body was found dressed in a tutu, whereas in fact it was a collection of disconnected bones and the tutu was nearby
and
B. that the case was considerably bigger than it is. In fact it is carry-on luggage size, not a large suitcase.

my initial first reaction to hearing about this was paedophile, , then i thought maybe domestic violence,
now thinking paedophile again,
with all the news lately of paedophile rings and arrests, maybe this was the reason the little girls body had to be distanced as quickly as possible from the abuser and she was bundled up with all the evidence, and sadly with little boys clothing included makes me wonder if other children were involved, i feel she was assaulted and beaten in her tutu and maybe just left to die, possibly on a pile of her clothes. if the property was isolated nobody would know, except the other people involved. my opinion only

The women who say they saw the man must all be kicking themselves now and wishing they had behaved normally, said "Hi", introduced themselves, asked him if he needed any help, a drink, a ride or directions, instead of scuttling inside to peek at him through the curtains.
Since when did country women become so paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010