AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
with regards to whether this little angel was wearing the tutu when she died or not, i think its entirely up to how you interpret superintendant bray in his news release, some media reports say "found on the body" and some say "found with the body"
for some reason i believe "found on the body"
dont know if its really important or not, i guess if she was found clothed her clothing may show a lot of blood and damage etc

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

If the fabric pumpkin survived from the way it was folded, then surely it wouldn't have such neat edges. The entire pumpkin fabric remains, but all the surrounding fabric is completely gone. That makes me think there is something about the pumpkin fabric fibres that is not the same as the surrounding fabric.

The choice of using the pumpkin fabric seems so incongruent when compared with the other fabrics in the quilt. But, since there are about 19 other octagons that we can't see, I suppose that we can't make the conclusion that it's completely unique.

Is there any chance that we are looking at the backside of the pumpkin fabric? Most of the other fabrics are showing the backside. If we are looking at the backside, it might explain why the fabric design seems "flat" and blurry. Thoughts?

View attachment 80299

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/26/01/2AD7FB2300000578-0-image-a-61_1437868920264.jpg

Just in case this is the backside, could someone turn it around so we can see what it looks like if the pattern goes the other way? Maybe this is why it isn't getting picked up by image matching apps.

Something else that might be handy, would be to put a ruler along the width of the octagon, so that we can see how big the set of pumpkins is. My guess, based on the size given by police earlier, and mentioned by an earlier poster, is that it's 5.5" across, including the seam allowances.

I have had a close up look at this fabric and I don't think we are looking at the back of the fabric - some of the lines on the fabric continue straight to the edge, whereas they would be broken if the edge was folded inwards (if you see what I mean!) I think the 'furry' look of the fabric may indicate some sort of 'flannel' material. I have cropped it so that the background is removed - this may make it easier to search with google for something similar.

pumpkin.jpg

pumpkin original (2).jpg

Another cropping showing more of the chequered background.

Susan, police have said that the body did not decompose on the clothes, but elsewhere, and the clothes and bones were later placed inside the suitcase.

Is this new info? My impression was that the clothing and quilt was with her when she decomposed but the suitcase was not.

Is this new info? My impression was that the clothing and quilt was with her when she decomposed but the suitcase was not.

No. It is very, very old info.
It is what the police stated in their press conference of July 25, 2015, even before they were able to confirm the gender of the bones.
It is also the one where the police stated the bones were found separate to the clothing and the case, but are believed to have been in the case before it was opened and emptied by passing motorists.

It is since gathering up all the items that they have been able to determine which items were once in the case and in contact with the bones.

This really is the best link for finding the exact details the police have released, as it is their site >>> http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

If you watch the video of July 25, 2015 10:59am on http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262 you will get the precise details, as follow:

• when police first saw the case it was empty and open with all the contents scattered over a wide area
  • the bones were behind a bush approx 2 mtrs away from the case
  • numerous people moved the items over time
  • most of the decomposition process had previously occurred outside the suitcase, at another location (the questioner asks about a prior burial, but this is not confirmed)
  • whenever the case was packed, the remains were already bones at that point and already in an "advanced state of decomposition"
  • the case was most likely seen on the roadside over a period of some weeks before the suitcase-man was ever seen

I have had a close up look at this fabric and I don't think we are looking at the back of the fabric - some of the lines on the fabric continue straight to the edge, whereas they would be broken if the edge was folded inwards (if you see what I mean!) I think the 'furry' look of the fabric may indicate some sort of 'flannel' material. I have cropped it so that the background is removed - this may make it easier to search with google for something similar.

View attachment 80325

View attachment 80326

Another cropping showing more of the chequered background.

Is it possible that the maker of the quilt did hobbytex? Very popular in the eighties. It would account for why this pumpkin pattern and picture just cant be found. They may have purchased the plaid fabric and used their hobbytex skills for the picture? Is anyone familiar with hobby tex and would it keep so well if it was hobbytex painted? Also isnt hobbytex fabric a little fluffy? Just throwing in more suggestions.

•whenever the case was packed, the remains were already bones at that point and already in an "advanced state of decomposition"•the case was most likely seen on the roadside over a period of some weeks before the suitcase-man was ever seen
The most important thing to know the bag was with her at all moments. So it may verywell be her bag of belongings. And the bag itself has the dna of her on it. There are lots of opportunity for dna, there is lots of opportunity to know the location of where she was kept by soil composition. They can tell you what county and what water by this. Everything tells a story and I hope they say it.I too am beginning to think a little about pedophile and high up people clearly not wanting to know what happened. I don't say local police would do this, but no drawing at first was a sign no one wanted to know her name. If I were a local Police man I would save part of each dna and hide it. Pull it out later and get a private opinion. It took how many years to get a composite drawing for the dead woman who they now think is from Germany. Some things are out of reach and some people are too.

The most important thing to know the bag was with her at all moments. So it may verywell be her bag of belongings. And the bag itself has the dna of her on it. There are lots of opportunity for dna, there is lots of opportunity to know the location of where she was kept by soil composition. They can tell you what county and what water by this. Everything tells a story and I hope they say it.I too am beginning to think a little about pedophile and high up people clearly not wanting to know what happened. I don't say local police would do this, but no drawing at first was a sign no one wanted to know her name. If I were a local Police man I would save part of each dna and hide it. Pull it out later and get a private opinion. It took how many years to get a composite drawing for the dead woman who they now think is from Germany. Some things are out of reach and some people are too.

I really don't think there is anything that suggests any kind of conspiracy here. I see le are working tirelessly to give this precious little one a name and the respect she wasn't given in her short life. I think they are doing a great job in a case that must be so upsetting to work on. They deserve our respect for that. Just my opinion.

I read the other day (somewhere, maybe even here) that there is only one facial reconstruction expert in Australia and that, even from a perfectly preserved adult skull, it takes up to 6 months to make a reconstruction of the face.
We don't know how much of her skull was recovered other than the jawbone, or how intact it was.
Plus, a toddler's skull is still largely un-fused and so the dimensions and shapes shift easily.
It may actually be impossible from just fragments.

I believe we can totally rule out any professional paedophile ring here.
The method of disposal is just too haphazard and amateur for it to be done by anyone with a plan.

Ok, I knew she decomposed well before she was placed in the case, but I thought the whole point of trying to date the clothing was because they knew that was around her at or shortly after, her death. If the clothes were placed with her after she was already decomposed, then she could have died years before the clothing was manufactured.

Edited to add - at around the 4.35 mark in the video at this link, the detective states that staining on the clothing due to decomposition indicates the child died some time after 2007.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

Is it possible that the maker of the quilt did hobbytex? Very popular in the eighties. It would account for why this pumpkin pattern and picture just cant be found. They may have purchased the plaid fabric and used their hobbytex skills for the picture? Is anyone familiar with hobby tex and would it keep so well if it was hobbytex painted? Also isnt hobbytex fabric a little fluffy? Just throwing in more suggestions.

I was beginning to wonder if it were possible that it was handpainted. I couldn't tell, there was no "background" showing through to my eye... I think the pumpkin fabric has to have been quite "old" and I concur with the suggestion of fire retardant (maybe leftover from curtains or table cloth- my mum made pouches/pencil bags and chairbags from table cloths when I was at school)... older fabric may not come up in searches :/ ... it looks very Autumn-y or Harvest-y...

Ok, I knew she decomposed well before she was placed in the case, but I thought the whole point of trying to date the clothing was because they knew that was around her at or shortly after, her death. If the clothes were placed with her after she was already decomposed, then she could have died years before the clothing was manufactured.

Edited to add - at around the 4.35 mark in the video at this link, the detective states that staining on the clothing due to decomposition indicates the child died some time after 2007.

I guess that's true but all police have to work on is the assumption that the clothes and quilt were hers.

EDIT - sorry, that's wrong. As bearbear said “We know that that clothing that was made in 2007 was with the body when it decomposed,”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010