AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, we have created our own "false memories" here.

The initial photos of the mannequin in the tutu and the suitcase that was not proportional have lead to people thinking:
A. that a body was found dressed in a tutu, whereas in fact it was a collection of disconnected bones and the tutu was nearby
and
B. that the case was considerably bigger than it is. In fact it is carry-on luggage size, not a large suitcase.

Well said Jane.

Ok, I knew she decomposed well before she was placed in the case, but I thought the whole point of trying to date the clothing was because they knew that was around her at or shortly after, her death. If the clothes were placed with her after she was already decomposed, then she could have died years before the clothing was manufactured.

Edited to add - at around the 4.35 mark in the video at this link, the detective states that staining on the clothing due to decomposition indicates the child died some time after 2007.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

Yes my understanding has always been that the police confirmed that most of the decomposition took place elsewhere and she was then placed in the suitcase later. But NOT that the decomposition necessarily took place without any of the items present. Sorry if this hazy matter has been resolved by the time I read further down the thread. If not, Jane it would be helpful if you could provide a specific quote and source to confirm what you suggested earlier about the clothes being placed with the body only after decomposition.

Edit... please ignore I see it's resolved now.

It's an assumption that has illegitimately gained strength by being picked up and repeated by a number of people throughout our discussions here. In fact there has been no confirmation at all that she was wearing the tutu and nothing at all to indicate that this is the case.

at the 6.21 minute mark of this video interview superintendant bray mentions the tutu she was wearing, it could be interpreted as worn at time of death, or worn in general, so whatever you believe he means, but this is confirmation of the statement made.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-was-little-girl/story-fni6uo1m-1227455597262

Going back to the quilt. Please can someone with better abilities than me closely look at the piece 2 across from the pumpkin patch. Just past the fold on the right - is that a bit of scarecrow head? Something after the style of the ones on this fabric, but not these though.
I seem to see some leaves, oats/barley there too.?
Other eyes may see something different, but I would appreciate comments. My poor old eyes deceive me sometimes.

img_3377.jpg
3c51e54be3207a74429fdd294c9d90c8

I see a figure with a face (nose, eyes, mouth) and a blue vest with a pink boutonniere and white pants with black buttons. It's face is turned to the left a bit.
I can see a right arm with a blue band down near the wrist.
This is by using my handy magnifying glass :websleuther:

Going back to the quilt. Please can someone with better abilities than me closely look at the piece 2 across from the pumpkin patch. Just past the fold on the right - is that a bit of scarecrow head? Something after the style of the ones on this fabric, but not these though.
I seem to see some leaves, oats/barley there too.?
Other eyes may see something different, but I would appreciate comments. My poor old eyes deceive me sometimes.

img_3377.jpg
3c51e54be3207a74429fdd294c9d90c8

The quilt again, sorry. Just a thought. Could the pumpkin piece be from a decorative garden flag ?
Polyester fabric that would last. ?

Don't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase, but I'd never heard of these before

abundant-blessings-fall-garden-flag

and thought it might be worth mentioning.
Now my eyes are complaining, must go and rest them.

I'm always interested in the media stories and the timing of police information ....

The last solid investigation information we received was that police were canvassing the township of Wynarka and radiating a 25km zone from there.... in the first week of August.

We have a recently exclusive interview from one of the locals recounting her observations of the suitcase man (possibly the interview was motivated to readdress her "friendliness" a readdress interview possibly motivated to counteract her rather harsh image portrayed in Andrew Rules recent article.... rather than a true factual account of her original witness account..

Any Ideas, where the investigation is at....given that we are two weeks from their last official investigative action of interviewing locals within that 25km radius..???

Is it possible that the maker of the quilt did hobbytex? Very popular in the eighties. It would account for why this pumpkin pattern and picture just cant be found. They may have purchased the plaid fabric and used their hobbytex skills for the picture? Is anyone familiar with hobby tex and would it keep so well if it was hobbytex painted? Also isnt hobbytex fabric a little fluffy? Just throwing in more suggestions.

grrrr showing my age....more my mums hobby...but I did indulge a little... IMO there is no way this is a hobbytex... you are right it would appear more fluffy and puffed up in texture...but again your thinking outside the box..and that is what's needed xx

I see a figure with a face (nose, eyes, mouth) and a blue vest with a pink boutonniere and white pants with black buttons. It's face is turned to the left a bit.
I can see a right arm with a blue band down near the wrist.
This is by using my handy magnifying glass :websleuther:
quilt1.jpg
I can see a scarecrow or similar figure now that you and jessie have mentioned it. At first I thought it looked like rockets on that patch, but what made me think it isn't is this shot of the quilt folded, that patch then looked like possibly zebra stripes:
quiltfoldedinhalfrotated.jpg quiltfoldednotrockets.png
And from this angle it doesn't look like the scarecrow or whatever figure it did on the other photo :gaah:

Interestingly, we have created our own "false memories" here.

The initial photos of the mannequin in the tutu and the suitcase that was not proportional have lead to people thinking:
A. that a body was found dressed in a tutu, whereas in fact it was a collection of disconnected bones and the tutu was nearby
and
B. that the case was considerably bigger than it is. In fact it is carry-on luggage size, not a large suitcase.

Is it a FACT that the body was a collection of disconnected bones and the tutu was nearby?
I thought they hadn't released information like that either?

Just playing devils advocate because I don't remember reading that!

I'm always interested in the media stories and the timing of police information ....

The last solid investigation information we received was that police were canvassing the township of Wynarka and radiating a 25km zone from there.... in the first week of August.

We have a recently exclusive interview from one of the locals recounting her observations of the suitcase man (possibly the interview was motivated to readdress her "friendliness" a readdress interview possibly motivated to counteract her rather harsh image portrayed in Andrew Rules recent article.... rather than a true factual account of her original witness account..

Any Ideas, where the investigation is at....given that we are two weeks from their last official investigative action of interviewing locals within that 25km radius..???

The last media update from the police was this one at the link below and that's where we're at right now.

[h=1]Wynarka child murder: SA Police investigation identifies 256 potential victims[/h]

There would be a lot going on behind the scenes that we the public are not privy to. While ever the police aren't asking for the public's help, it is a good thing IMO.

The last media update from the police was this one at the link below and that's where we're at right now.

[h=1]Wynarka child murder: SA Police investigation identifies 256 potential victims[/h]

There would be a lot going on behind the scenes that we the public are not privy to. While ever the police aren't asking for the public's help, it is a good thing IMO.

So true... I'm not sure why I forgot this most recent police announcement....probably sheer tiredness...Reminder to get some sleep and not centre my life around this case solely..... xx

TY TootsieFootsie and SnoopDog for your thoughts on the quilt figure.

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage as I'm unable to expand the quilt from The Advertiser copy (which is what I'm using) so getting a good sharp close up of sections is difficult.
I must admit I keep seeing different things every time ! I am going to keep searching on the figure (possibly a scarecrow or snowman?) on fabrics and see if I can find something similar.
I feel as if I've seen every fabric ever produced since 1960 and haven't been able to help.

Is it a FACT that the body was a collection of disconnected bones and the tutu was nearby?
I thought they hadn't released information like that either?

Just playing devils advocate because I don't remember reading that!

Look back at that last SAPOL interview I linked.
That is where Bray gave those precise details.
The case was empty, clothes scattered, bones nearby behind a bush.

Have a look at the garment at the top right of the first pic below. It is the front view of the little playsuit that we've seen in MSM but only a pic of the back view has been published AFAIK. Anyway this is the first time I've seen it.

There are four things on the front of the playsuit that look like little hearts? Or are they badges of some description? Surely the front of the garment would have been easier for someone to identify with those things on it than just showing the back of the garment. I read recently where someone thought the playsuit was a bag!

Playsuit%20Large_zpsgl1qfcdq.jpg

clothingcapture7_zpsjac7fos9.jpg

https://twitter.com/search?f=images&vertical=default&q=#wynarka&src=typd

Wow the bottom pic does look like a bag !
My first thought on seeing the front was that they're some kind of flower, possibly buttons as they don't seem as flat as the rest of the material.

I think the hearts on that singlet might be plastic motifs used on lots of kids clothes. They usually peel off in bits after a decent amount of wear and washing.

Wow the bottom pic does look like a bag !
My first thought on seeing the front was that they're some kind of flower, possibly buttons as they don't seem as flat as the rest of the material.

They could be flowers Tootsie and no, they don't seem to be laying flat. I wonder if they were hand sewn onto the garment? I've enlarged and sharpened the original image but I can't take it too much further as it just blows out. I just wish I could get a clearer view of those things, whatever they are.

I think the hearts on that singlet might be plastic motifs used on lots of kids clothes. They usually peel off in bits after a decent amount of wear and washing.

Thanks Kyja. You'd expect them to be in a worse state than what they are in comparison to the other clothing we've seen. Someone would be able to more easily identify those motifs than just looking at the back of the garment. I'm going to ask for a larger and clearer image tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966