AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Suitcase Man has everything to do with this.

I’m not buying the ‘travelling salesman spruiking fragrances and colognes' for two reasons:

1/ A salesman would always make eye contact and be as affable as possible. That’s his bread and butter.

2/ Locals would have identified him as having been in Wynarka before. They didn’t.

I think the ‘travelling salesman’ thing was more about the natural inclination of locals who are on the periphery of this sad story and haven’t really seen anything, combined with irresponsible journalism: an attempt to make some kind of ‘me too’ statement so as to appear involved.

I too, for a short time, was an encyclopaedia salesperson, way back in the day. I was but a young thing then and the practices were exactly as described (a few pages back by Puggle). Those days are thankfully now long gone. With online technology and tighter marketing strategies, I cannot see some lone wanderer frequenting Wynarka to peddle his wares, let alone a well-dressed man in his 60s. Back then, peddling suitcases full of fragrances, books and ‘original’ artworks for little to no money was the domain of vulnerable, struggling Uni students like myself.

My current feeling (which could change with the tide) is that Suitcase Man was trying to distance himself (or someone close to him) from the horror of the crime.

I am currently looking at off-the-grid, drop-out-of-society outlying campsites–one of which Makara has suggested we further explore. I agree.

I think our little Angel was sadly missed by the system and was the victim of domestic violence. Mental health issues will be a factor but will never, ever be an excuse.

I am also a believer that the suitcase man is more likely had something to do with this child bones suitcase. This is because nowadays I don’t believe in such co-incidence. Something that stood out does meant something.

I also don’t believe this man would be the salesman because :

• This is unprofitable, going so far into a tiny population to sell items for just a few number of households?
  • Yes, this is internet age, don’t waste time
  • A person in 60s, well dressed?, doing this labor under the sun?
  • A person arrived and working early in the morning at 7am – 8am? This is hardly a good time to wake others to buy your products. What are you doing?

Angel would have to be born without a birth certificate.
No child is offgrid with a birth certificate. There is medical, education, social security. Education is compulsory.
It is possible that this little girl was not living "off the grid" but just came from a situation of isolation. Imagine a couple or single parent with no close friends or family. Most people barely know their neighbours these days. If the little girl died on the more recent end of the time scale it is possible that she has had no reason to be missed by government authorities.

If he (suitcase man) is a wholesaler or similar, sales reps move through towns all the time.

Clothing items sold at petrol stations etc.
I am also a believer that the suitcase man is more likely had something to do with this child bones suitcase. This is because nowadays I don’t believe in such co-incidence. Something that stood out does meant something.

• This is unprofitable, going so far into a tiny population to sell items for just a few number of households?
  • A person arrived and working early in the morning at 7am – 8am? This is hardly a good time to wake others to buy your products. What are you doing?

Just thought of a possibility that the perpetrator deliberately put many other clothes in the suitcase in an attempt to cover up the bones being discovered. The perpetrator was hoping that the rubbish collector would not suspect anything suspicious inside the suitcase and that the rubbish collector will threw the whole suitcase into the rubbish station and let it burnt in the furnace.

Back in the 70's you just didn't wear black during the day; it just wasn't done. I remember being told in a class at a secretarial course in the late 70's that it was not appropriate to wear black during the day, it was only for the evening. I remember agreeing and thinking it was awful to wear black during the day. I wear black all the time these days. Times have changed, but as for a child wearing black back then, it just didn't happen.

As a teenager I camped at Ayers Rock for a couple of days in May of 1980 (Azaria went missing from the campsite at Ayers Rock in August 1980). There certainly were a lot of mixed breed dogs around (living with the indigenous people there) however, I can remember seeing dingoes wandering into the camping area from late in the afternnoon. Dingoes were definately present. Back in the 70's, 80's black was not a colour I associated with dressing babies or children in. Black was quite a common colour though for teenagers & older at this time. Lindy herself was said to like wearing strong colours & this may have been a reason as to why Azaria was wearing black. Azaria was 9wks old when she disappeared. I do believe that the black clothing item was a hand me down from her older brother Reagan. Its very hot in the Northern Territory most of the time year round, however, temperatures do dip quite low during the night. I associate black with being a colour not to wear in hot weather (increases the heat, for me anyway). I know the Chamberlains were persecuted because Azaria was wearing black & also because of their religion. But, dingoes were definitely there & the indigenous trackers who assisted in the case were adamant that there was concrete evidence that a dingo took Azaria. I guess it goes to show that when looking into a complex case of a missing person there is so much that doesn't meet the eye.

And I think that is what SAPOL is hoping for. That someone may remember seeing a little fair haired girl in the tutu or any of the other clothes found in the suitcase. Musicaljoke, that would be the icing on the cake wouldn't it? For someone to come forward with an actual photo.

I don't know about anyone else but in my sleuthing using Google and social media etc., I am constantly looking for photos of any of those garments that were found with the suitcase and most especially the quilt.

Yep and I'm betting you went over those "House of Horrors" photos with a fine tooth comb .... now you got me looking too.

I can disagree with that, it was unusual in 1980 but not unheard of, to dress children in black, my daughter was born prior to that and was often dressed in bright colours and black, nappies were also coloured and trendy. Son born in 1981 wore black cargo style pants and t's.
Back in the 70's you just didn't wear black during the day; it just wasn't done. I remember being told in a class at a secretarial course in the late 70's that it was not appropriate to wear black during the day, it was only for the evening. I remember agreeing and thinking it was awful to wear black during the day. I wear black all the time these days. Times have changed, but as for a child wearing black back then, it just didn't happen.

I really think most of these "house of horrors " perpetrators had no idea about the concept of folding...

As a teenager I camped at Ayers Rock for a couple of days in May of 1980 (Azaria went missing from the campsite at Ayers Rock in August 1980). There certainly were a lot of mixed breed dogs around (living with the indigenous people there) however, I can remember seeing dingoes wandering into the camping area from late in the afternnoon. Dingoes were definately present. Back in the 70's, 80's black was not a colour I associated with dressing babies or children in. Black was quite a common colour though for teenagers & older at this time. Lindy herself was said to like wearing strong colours & this may have been a reason as to why Azaria was wearing black. Azaria was 9wks old when she disappeared. I do believe that the black clothing item was a hand me down from her older brother Reagan. Its very hot in the Northern Territory most of the time year round, however, temperatures do dip quite low during the night. I associate black with being a colour not to wear in hot weather (increases the heat, for me anyway). I know the Chamberlains were persecuted because Azaria was wearing black & also because of their religion. But, dingoes were definitely there & the indigenous trackers who assisted in the case were adamant that there was concrete evidence that a dingo took Azaria. I guess it goes to show that when looking into a complex case of a missing person there is so much that doesn't meet the eye.

I feel the Chamberlains were misunderstood, especially Lindy. It was handled badly by the media.

Angel would have to be born without a birth certificate.
No child is offgrid with a birth certificate. There is medical, education, social security. Education is compulsory.

I am suggesting Angel was not "off grid" at all.
Why could she not have had a birth certificate, visited doctors etc. in her short life?
If she was not yet of school age there is no reason any authority would have to suspect her missing.

I think Suitcase Man has everything to do with this.

I’m not buying the ‘travelling salesman spruiking fragrances and colognes' for two reasons:

1/ A salesman would always make eye contact and be as affable as possible. That’s his bread and butter.

2/ Locals would have identified him as having been in Wynarka before. They didn’t.

I think the ‘travelling salesman’ thing was more about the natural inclination of locals who are on the periphery of this sad story and haven’t really seen anything, combined with irresponsible journalism: an attempt to make some kind of ‘me too’ statement so as to appear involved.

I too, for a short time, was an encyclopaedia salesperson, way back in the day. I was but a young thing then and the practices were exactly as described (a few pages back by Puggle). Those days are thankfully now long gone. With online technology and tighter marketing strategies, I cannot see some lone wanderer frequenting Wynarka to peddle his wares, let alone a well-dressed man in his 60s. Back then, peddling suitcases full of fragrances, books and ‘original’ artworks for little to no money was the domain of vulnerable, struggling Uni students like myself.

My current feeling (which could change with the tide) is that Suitcase Man was trying to distance himself (or someone close to him) from the horror of the crime.

I am currently looking at off-the-grid, drop-out-of-society outlying campsites–one of which Makara has suggested we further explore. I agree.

I think our little Angel was sadly missed by the system and was the victim of domestic violence. Mental health issues will be a factor but will never, ever be an excuse.

You wouldn't think so (Bolded portion) ... But they still do. I live on acreage just a few Kms out of a small country town ... and my friends in town are always complaining of people coming to their houses selling stuff door to door ... candles, perfumes .... lately it's been the artwork ... so it does still happen. I have also had people stop me in the street in another small town that I shop at where they are trying to sign you up for donations to third world country assistance programs - a lot of the people who do this are young and appear to be from overseas ... so possibly backpackers .. actually... it seems to have come back (the door to door sales) moreso in the last few years .....not sure why????

I have a couple of children. Immunisation, nursing visits etc are tracked by government.
I wasnt insinuating you said she was offgrid. I was just saying.
I am suggesting Angel was not "off grid" at all.
Why could she not have had a birth certificate, visited doctors etc. in her short life?
If she was not yet of school age there is no reason any authority would have to suspect her missing.

If she was a house of horrors child and had a birth certificate wouldn't they have put out a missing child report? Also Im thinking once those photos were taken nothing would have been allowed to leave the place. It's all evidence. Evidence that should have ended up in a skip bin but still evidence lol. The only thing That stood out to me was the use of a doona cover for the kitchen window curtain and also the crocheted blanket out the back :/

Maybe we're on the wrong track with suitcaseman, maybe there was a house in the neighborhood where bikies were cooking up drugs, and suitcaseman was delivering packs of psuedoephedrine. That would explain why he avoided people and why he hasn't come forward. His vehicle could be parked on the edge of town in case police had set up surveillance.

It would be interesting to know exactly what processes here in Australia are in place to ensure children don't go off the grid.

We have a birth certificate.

Follow up by Maternal Health nurse following discharge.

Immunization is compulsory unless you (In the past) had a religious objection.. so If you didn't follow up on immunization, I wonder if there is an automatic response by some government organisation to check on that child's welfare???

Having enrolled all my children in school at the appropriate age .... I wonder if there is some authority that keeps track and some flag is raised in concern to non enrolment???

We have Medicare .... but I can't recall if I had to add my children's names or they did it automatically ????

Non attendance at any doctors .... probably doesn't raise any flags, as there are many GPs to choose from... my kids hardly ever see a doctor.

Mmmm just wondering how we keep an eye on our most vulnerable (Children) in Australia...

It does appear there have been cases (Such as the House of Horrors) that we probably don't have an adequate system here ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo