AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if they modelled predisposition of parental disease along with the usual country genetics etc

I don't understand that News story (http://www.news.com.au/national/wyn.../story-e6frfkp9-1227513062525?from=public_rss)

What do they mean when they say:
"THE travelling perfume salesman who matched the description of the man in the grey suit seen in Wynarka — the timing of the “mystery man’s” visit to the town and the fact the perfume salesman continues to routinely call on regional country towns debunking that theory."
?????

A when have we heard that the man was in a "grey suit"?
The police description was always "neatly dressed".
Just filling column inches?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-04/wynarka-bones-murder-centre-for-ancient-dna/6751748

"So you can push these samples through quite quickly if necessary, you know some of this work on the Australian Army war dead is taking years — not the analysis of the bones but actually finding living relatives who can donate DNA samples to do comparisons to — so the actual analysis of a bone can be done in days or weeks.
"Doing the comparisons to potential living relatives can sometimes drag on for years."

That doesn't sound too promising.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-04/wynarka-bones-murder-centre-for-ancient-dna/6751748

"So you can push these samples through quite quickly if necessary, you know some of this work on the Australian Army war dead is taking years — not the analysis of the bones but actually finding living relatives who can donate DNA samples to do comparisons to — so the actual analysis of a bone can be done in days or weeks.
"Doing the comparisons to potential living relatives can sometimes drag on for years."

That doesn't sound too promising.

No it doesn't sound too promising JaneSA.
He said such a database might not help solve the Wynarka mystery in particular because there might be no-one who had reported missing this child.

Wishful thinking I know. But I hope there just might be someone that has missed Angel - that we do not know about.
I wonder if useful DNA matching was obtained?

I am just feeling like what the article said, coming to a dead end, exhausted all avenue.

Come to think of it, I seem to recall reading somewhere that he had short grey hair.

That has never been published to my knowledge symbah. We would have latched onto that very quickly if it had been. It would be great if you could recall where you read it and post a link for us.

Even an incomplete DNA profile can demonstrate, for example, consanguinity in the case of incest - as discussed on an earlier thread.

It can also demonstrate chromosomal abnormalities. Often children who have a disability or physical weakness are targets for abuse.

DNA sampling is also used in ruling people out - something that's important for the investigative aspect of the case, and which can be important for related or possibly-related cases too.

So while finding a DNA match is not enough in itself to gain a conviction at court - few individual pieces of information are - what DNA information there is may be crucial in helping police form a lead or, combined with other evidence, charging a person.

So I think there's still lot to go on and a lot to hope for. Fortunately, DNA on a database is certainly not the only avenue we have.

I am just feeling like what the article said, coming to a dead end, exhausted all avenue.

Yes but wait a minute...this is just a nonsense-article. Nothing real or official about it at all.

We can't infer what police may or may not have to work with from a piece of 'journalism' like this - it's totally unrelated.

Just column inches exploiting the public's frustration at the lack of official information we are getting.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/eve.html

To say that we get exactly half of our DNA from our father and half from our mother is not quite true. One tiny piece of our DNA is inherited only down the female line. It is called mitochondrial DNA because it is held as a unique circular strand in small tubular packets known as mitochondria that function rather like batteries within the cell cytoplasm.

So each of us inherits our mtDNA from our own mother, who inherited her mtDNA intact from her mother, and so on back through the generations – hence mtDNA’s popular name, ‘the Eve gene’. Ultimately, every person alive today has inherited their mitochondrial DNA from one single great-great-great-. . .-grandmother, nearly 200,000 years ago. This mtDNA provides us with a rare point of stability among the shifting sands of DNA inheritance.

Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA or mDNA) is the DNA located in mitochondria, cellular organelles within eukaryotic cells that convert chemical energy from food into a form that cells can use, adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
Wikipedia
http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/eve.html

To say that we get exactly half of our DNA from our father and half from our mother is not quite true. One tiny piece of our DNA is inherited only down the female line. It is called mitochondrial DNA because it is held as a unique circular strand in small tubular packets known as mitochondria that function rather like batteries within the cell cytoplasm.

So each of us inherits our mtDNA from our own mother, who inherited her mtDNA intact from her mother, and so on back through the generations – hence mtDNA’s popular name, ‘the Eve gene’. Ultimately, every person alive today has inherited their mitochondrial DNA from one single great-great-great-. . .-grandmother, nearly 200,000 years ago. This mtDNA provides us with a rare point of stability among the shifting sands of DNA inheritance.

I'm finding something very disturbing about "locals" claims of a unemployed man that lived in a caravan in the scrub with his young 3-4yr old daughter. This report states it was back in 2001, another article a little while ago suggested it was much more recently.

I wish the reporter expanded a little and asked the local under what circumstances he met the same child years later ... was it in Wynarka? So would that mean the unemployed father had reason to come back to Wynarka at some point in time? Who's land was his caravan parked on - Relatives ?

This is obviously not Cassandra and her Father - as the mother had also lived with them.

So who was this unemployed man living with his child in the caravan .... and exactly (Precisely) how long ago.. that's what I'd like to know.

I wonder if the Police have looked into any prisoners released from prison matching their time frames with regard to when the suitcase was presumably placed where it was......:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState