Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy wall art aside …
Wiping-out husbands entire family potentially changes family dynamic? Gets inheritance to her kids? Possibly to her? Gets rid of people telling her what to do, giving advice to husband. My thinks grief Brings husband back to her with no family saying NO & no baggage?
Husband cancelling, no problem … maybe she thought can plan something fatal for him later if all went well with Wellington Dinner.
She easily could have kept a slice of clean Wellington for herself, or whatever kids ate. I doubt people notice so much what is on the host/servers plate if she is bringing plates from the kitchen and sits last.
The drying machine is a strange one because I’m not sure you do NOT need dry mushrooms for this recipe, if did, surely can buy them already dry from the “Asian” shop. Chucking dryer in a panic shows she’s not good planner or thinker as dump so obvious.
Anyway, she’s guilty of murder and if not evidence, still some sort of manslaughter because she is still responsible.
She’s no genius is why it all went wrong.
Still hating her for blaming it on Asian, thinking that would acceptable excuse.
indeed the Wallart is bizarre a hit list if you will. an adukt hand has done n some of it. rip,rip....

Munchausen's Syndrome has been mentioned in numerous posts in relation to EP.
Maybe it's the other way around. MOO. What are Websleuthers ' thoughts regarding the possibility of Munchausen's, or a Munchausens-type situation in relation to SP?

IIRC EP didn't want to be involved in looking after SP when he became ill, (they were separated at the

Not seeing it but have an aversion to the use of the term.
But am with you in general.

Munchausen's Syndrome has been mentioned in numerous posts in relation to EP.
Maybe it's the other way around. MOO. What are Websleuthers ' thoughts regarding the possibility of Munchausen's, or a Munchausens-type situation in relation to SP?

IIRC EP didn't want to be involved in looking after SP when he became ill, (they were separated at the time), but eventually agreed to.

Reactions: MrJ
I'm gone five days and there's almost a thousand posts to read. :oops: But, that's :cool:

If deadly mushrooms were served at the luncheon a few ideas were developed.

Theory 1: These victims did not wish for their loved one to remain with Erin. Hence, she set about a plan of revenge in order to get rid of that problem. No more influencing her husband from them. It backfired when her X became suspicious that his own recent illness was caused by her poisoning him when his family members died. Revenge is a common motive in murders.

Theory 2: Theory 1 is not true at all. Erin is loved by those in her life. There was no ill intent. She is innocent of foreknowledge of any poisonous mushrooms placed in the Beef Wellington. One of the guests may have requested this delectable recipe Erin is known for creating so well. With regrets, the dehydrator was indeed tossed in a moment of panic.

Bias from life's exp. -- The expression Erin had in public when she squinted her eyes tightly, as if to try to press a tear out, she raised her hands to touch her eyes then looked at her hands when she removed them, as if asking herself: Did these hands try to kill 3,4,5 people? Or, as if asking herself: Are my hands wet from tears? Don't we know if we're shedding tears? Looking at her hands made me feel uneasy.

I am eager for the tox reports. If ill intent can be proven, if guilty of these poisonings, she'd be considered a Mass Murderer had the one lone survivor died. Thankfully, he's in critical but stable condition, afaik, and pray he survives.

Just my humble musings
yes, the crying technique was very bizarre -looking for tears to show the audience. I hope they take her passport of her. She could easily do a runner in the dead of night. pay someone to spirit her away. the poor families/townsfolk n is tragic -good people in an allegedly bulk poisoning very unusual.

If you had the syndrome, having someone else telling you that they expect you to be a carer sort of negates you having any choice in the matter.
In my observation, they relish the caregiver role and rake in accolades for their dedication and sunny disposition in the face of difficulties. Their strength is admired and they don't appear put out or downtrodden. If the situation doesn't allow that and someone tells them what's expected, they manipulate the situation until it suits them. They are super good manipulators. imo.

Just my opinion. I really think an unrealistic joy is part of the illness. Again, I'm no doctor.

There's something going on with EP, but I personally don't think it's this. She doesn't ooze joy. imo

jmopinion

Last edited:
I'd turn that around. She invited them, or at any rate admitted them, to her own house and cooked an elaborate meal. She didn't have to do either of those. Therefore, she had an agenda of her own. She wasn't "set upon". If there was a conflict, it is more likely that she was the aggressor.
I think she felt set upon, and responded aggressively.

If she does not go and talk to the police they will not have her side of things and will be unable to expand their investigation.
She's a suspect but she's also a key witness.

if she's innocent and that is a possibility, like it or not, she might be able to save somebody else from the same fate.

At the very least inform them clearly whether anybody else had access to her place, her ingredients etc.

It's crazy to slow down the investigation in this manner.

She needs to be helpful.

I can understand the shock of it all and being accused if innocent can break peoples' minds but she can still speak with them.

In my observation, they relish the caregiver role and rake in accolades for their dedication and sunny disposition in the face of difficulties. Their strength is admired and they don't appear put out or downtrodden. If the situation doesn't allow that and someone tells them what's expected, they manipulate the situation until it suits them. They are super good manipulators. imo.

Just my opinion. I really think an unrealistic joy is part of the illness. Again, I'm no doctor.

There's something going on with EP, but I personally don't think it's this. She doesn't ooze joy. imo

jmopinion

I agree with you.... now that I know more about the symptoms. Neighbors have noted that they see her as very private, keeping to herself. I would think that that "joy" would be gained, when you are seen as someone who does do a lot of caretaking, and is more outgoing.

I am the most curious about the children, right now. I remain perplexed as to why the State took them. Why in heavens name are they not with their dad? Many articles have referenced that he was a real hands-on dad.

The kids probably have the clearest information about her day to day behaviors, quirks, and how she really feels about all the inlaws.

As always, LE has so much more information than we will ever see. Drat.

I agree with you.... now that I know more about the symptoms. Neighbors have noted that they see her as very private, keeping to herself. I would think that that "joy" would be gained, when you are seen as someone who does do a lot of caretaking, and is more outgoing.

I am the most curious about the children, right now. I remain perplexed as to why the State took them. Why in heavens name are they not with their dad? Many articles have referenced that he was a real hands-on dad.

The kids probably have the clearest information about her day to day behaviors, quirks, and how she really feels about all the inlaws.

As always, LE has so much more information than we will ever see. Drat.
maybe the children were removed so she couldnt influence any memories they may have when or if questioned by police, plant fake memories if shes guilty?

maybe the children were removed so she couldnt influence any memories they may have when or if questioned by police, plant fake memories if shes guilty?
Hey bearbear, imo if the children were removed by child safety, presumably it would be for the purposes of keeping them safe.

From what or whom, I am not sure.

I don’t think we know where they are except that they are not with Erin.

I have only seen it stated officially that they were removed from her care. That could easily be interpreted as being taken into state care and I think that is the origin of talk of them having been taken. The statement itself isn’t clear. Removed from Erin’s care could mean many things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori