Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I didn’t go back to check.

I think this is even more confusing wording. I’ve definitely heard those words used to describe children being taken into care. In this case I still think it probably quite literally means removed from the house, which is a crime scene.

I think they’re probably with family. I hope the media don’t go looking for them or bothering them.
I'd guess with close family members - either on Mother's or dad's side. I'm unaware if they might have aunts and uncles, but if not with dad, then think maybe with close relatives if able/willing to take them in. Moo

Just re the kids being potentially interviewed, Imo it wouldn't be legal for police to interview either child without a parent or if not parent, an approved guardian present.At the very least the permission of a legal guardian would be required. Moo

I'm guessing if they've been taken into protective custody away from both parents, then that would be under court order and a different situation.

can you find it at all?
Did it specify who removed them?

"Police say those children have been removed from her care as a “precaution”."

That's about all I've read about it.
Can just speculate they were removed by authorities by how it's written, but idk.

i wonder if while foraging awhile ago for mushrooms with her children one of them accidentally picked a dc mushroom and added it to the haul, took them home and she let them do the dehydrating without knowing about the dc?
then when she realised people were sick and her exs poisoning comment remembered the children and thoughtt they could get in trouble so she got rid of the dehydrater??

Sorry you don’t let a 8-9 year old and 11-12 pick poisonous mushrooms without checking what the kids are doing it.

Also at no stage has she said she picked wild mushrooms for that lunch.

She specifically stated she brought them somewhere but couldn’t remember where.

i wonder if while foraging awhile ago for mushrooms with her children one of them accidentally picked a dc mushroom and added it to the haul, took them home and she let them do the dehydrating without knowing about the dc?
then when she realised people were sick and her exs poisoning comment remembered the children and thoughtt they could get in trouble so she got rid of the dehydrater??
That's something that's crossed my mind as a possibility. Moo

Aha:
"Detective Inspector Dean Thomas of the Victoria Police... said the authorities had removed Ms. Patterson’s children from her home as a “precaution.” "

Paywall, but there's the source.

eta dated Aug 9.

Aha:
"Detective Inspector Dean Thomas of the Victoria Police... said the authorities had removed Ms. Patterson’s children from her home as a “precaution.” "

eta dated Aug 9.
Thanks Alice.

Aha:

eta dated Aug 9.
So DCP have removed the children ?

The Authorities- which Authority ?

I smell a rat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors